PDA

View Full Version : Poor Rich Rod

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.annarbor.com/sports/post-2/

badger
9/1/2009, 02:17 PM
No wonder dude was nearly in tears at his presser yesterday... it's not about people saying he doesn't care about kids or people saying George W. Bush doesn't care about black people...

...it must be the fact that he had it all and he gave it up for something that really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. He was a hero in his homestate, the head coach of a football program that didn't always win its conference and definitely didn't win national championships, but dang it, it was a program of note, which was more than could be said about it in the past.

And Michigan isn't satisfied with being a program of note. The auto union rejected that deal under the previous CEO, Lloyd Carr :D

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:19 PM
I feel bad for the guy.

Boomer.....
9/1/2009, 02:19 PM
Dude seems to be trouble where ever he goes.

kbsooner21
9/1/2009, 02:21 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't feel sorry for him?

sooner_in_noble
9/1/2009, 02:26 PM
I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Boomer.....
9/1/2009, 02:29 PM
Not.

At.

All.

badger
9/1/2009, 02:31 PM
I don't pity him... he made this bed and now he's gotta sleep in it.

Do I pity Dennis Fran Fran for leaving Alabama only to realize that the A&M Aggies are the craziest fanbase in the country with the most outrageous expectation in the world? No.

Do I pity Gene Schizik from departing his cushy assistant job in Texas to try a head coaching job, only to discover it was much easier to assistant-coach a winning, hotbed recruiting area team than head-coach a perennial loser at the exact opposite side of the conference? No.

Own up to your decisions... for better or for worse.

Jacie
9/1/2009, 02:51 PM
Crying at press conferences and losing to Appy State aside, I bet Roddy is a WHOLE LOT HAPPIER being on the hot seat as head coach of UM than he ever was being toast of the town in Charleston, WV . . .

OK2U
9/1/2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2009/08/PhotoRender-thumb-530x372-6812.jpg
?
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/s/super_mario_bros-12823.jpg

kbsooner21
9/1/2009, 03:00 PM
Crying at press conferences and losing to Appy State aside, I bet Roddy is a WHOLE LOT HAPPIER being on the hot seat as head coach of UM than he ever was being toast of the town in Charleston, WV . . .

Somehow, I'm doubting that

Jello Biafra
9/1/2009, 03:00 PM
Dude seems to be trouble where ever he goes.

screw em.....

with a stick.

badger
9/1/2009, 03:04 PM

Hold up... Llloyd lost to Appy State. It was in 07 that it happened. That was probably what paved the way for Rich Roddy's living hell.

Hell! Hell! It's Michigan. The leaders, the best (are in Ohio!)

Landthief 1972
9/1/2009, 03:07 PM
That's a high-quality 3D render. I may have done one similar back in '93 on my Macintosh Performa 6200.

beer4me
9/1/2009, 03:51 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't feel sorry for him?

No your not he is a DB and that don't stand for decibel in this case.

I am not a lover of WV as they have handed us two losses that I would rather forget, but what he done to them is suc.

Jacie
9/2/2009, 06:54 AM
The point is, he coaches at one of the top 10 football programs of all time. Yes, there are problems but it is only a matter of righting the ship. The hard part was getting on board. The alternative was to stay on as king of the hillbillies . . .

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 08:46 AM
I feel sorry for him because there are players complaining about putting extra time in to get better.. When I played ball we always had mandatory voluntary practices or walk throughs.. thats what it takes to compete at the collegiate level

Doyen
9/2/2009, 08:50 AM
I feel sorry for him because there are players complaining about putting extra time in to get better.. When I played ball we always had mandatory voluntary practices or walk throughs.. thats what it takes to compete at the collegiate level

NCAA limit the amount you can practice

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 08:53 AM
I know thats why we had "VOLUNTARY" workouts, walk throughs, film sessions etc. it was voluntary but if you wanted to play come saturday you bet your azz you were there

badger
9/2/2009, 09:18 AM
I think that's where the lines get blurred a little - sure, it's "voluntary," but you'll lose your standing in the team if you don't attend these "voluntary" workouts and sessions.

With that in mind, I think he's got a group of complainers that were used to the way things were under Lloyd Carr and don't like the fact that a new, younger, and likely quite uppity guy who is proud of himself and his awesome spread offense came in and tries to change things.

Complainers don't win jack shizzle. Get ready for the big house to crash and burn again, heh

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 10:25 AM
Couldnt agree with you anymore.. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME lol you gotta put in time to win

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/2/2009, 11:41 AM
My sister is as Asst. Dean at WVU. Had lots to say about Rich Rdz. Trust me, don't feel sorry for him. He's a turd.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/2/2009, 11:44 AM
RR is the new Neuweasel.

badger
9/2/2009, 11:54 AM
I still don't feel sorry for the guy... nor do I feel sorry for the players.

They are either going to get their azzes kicked in spring and summer conditioning or in front of 100k in the Big House and millions on national television in the fall.

Personally, I would prefer to get my azz kicked in private and then be the azz kicker when there's a big audience... but hey, if these girlie men would prefer to have it easy, then I hope they enjoy another 3-9 season.

Hail! :P

beer4me
9/2/2009, 12:23 PM
Neuweasel.

I never get tired of seeing that :D :D :D