PDA

View Full Version : I think the Horsepigs are no longer pigs!

setem
9/1/2009, 11:26 AM
Boomer has a music video and it looks like they changed up the look a bit he looks like a presentable horse. I have never been a fan of the horsepigs but he look ok if you ask me. Just saying...

I don't know if this link works or not. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=723427867687&ref=nf)

Gresho Murford
9/1/2009, 11:31 AM
that is how they were last year and they are fine mascots for the university.

SoonerDood
9/1/2009, 11:33 AM
They will always be the horsepigs.

badger
9/1/2009, 11:34 AM
Here's the thing... this mascot should have been the one they introduced a few years ago, much like Star Wars' prequel trilogy should have started with Revenge of the Sith instead of those other two crappy prequels.

However, since OU's misguided athletic department (in this instance) introduced HORSEPIGS and not HORSES as mascots, they will forever be doomed to being thought of as "horsepigs" and thus, also thought of as "crappy mascots."

On a positive note, if Boomer the Horse(pig) were to partake in the third quarter dance drills, I might actually pay attention and they might receive more than polite applause at the end from the 85k in attendance.

Good luck on the Capitol One thing, Boomer. I'm sorry that your mascot costume sucked those earlier years.

stoopified
9/1/2009, 11:56 AM
that is how they were last year and they are fine mascots for the university.YOU FORGOT THE :D

Jacie
9/1/2009, 02:55 PM
Instead of the horsepigs, how about we kidnap the Pistol Pete costume, paint it in OUr colors and call it Cecil Samarra . . .

Landthief 1972
9/1/2009, 03:18 PM
Now that they've gotten the costume nailed down, can we get EA to put Boomer in NCAA Football 11 so I can horsewhip Pistol Pete?

JohnnyMack
9/1/2009, 03:22 PM
That was downright awful.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 03:24 PM
Gangsta'

salth2o
9/1/2009, 03:25 PM
I wish the link had NOT worked. :(

BillyBall
9/1/2009, 03:30 PM
Top Dawg is a fine mascot for the university when the basketball team plays and for all event gatherings.

Yup...

StoopTroup
9/1/2009, 04:23 PM
I have to say this as yes they have improved the HorsePig's image the last couple of years.

The deal is...we have seen our beloved Boomer and Sooner be not invited to some Post Season Venues and it's good that we at least have a Mascot...but they will never ever replace those two Beautiful Horses that roll across the field each and every Home Game.

I still feel that the Big XII was more to blame for OU dropping TopDawg and installing the new pigs.

I can see how some might like the horsepigs...but for me...they are and forever will be the "B" team as far as mascots go.

Boomer.....
9/1/2009, 04:26 PM
They have gotten much better over the years. At least that.

RFH Shakes
9/1/2009, 04:35 PM
Yep, still the horsepigs. The title had my hopes up that they had rid us of them.

There is only one... Top Daug!

Doyen
9/1/2009, 04:57 PM
the horsepigs are ghey and a curse on our BCS hopes - get rid of them

boomersooner28
9/1/2009, 05:02 PM
That vid was awesomeness! LMAO! :D :D :D

Gresho Murford
9/1/2009, 05:13 PM
i must say. that. was. awesome.

unbiasedtruth
9/1/2009, 05:54 PM
2 words........

lil' Red

3 words

bring him back

end of story....

StoopTroup
9/1/2009, 06:05 PM
2 words........

lil' Red

3 words

bring him back

end of story....

Well....not end of story...

Please don't do anything like this....

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/lilred.jpg

unbiasedtruth
9/1/2009, 06:26 PM
Well....not end of story...

Please don't do anything like this....

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/lilred.jpg

not just no, but heck no!!!!!

but then again being 6-14 years of age (when I watched Little Red on OU's sidelines) I never understood the reasons why the University pulled the plug on Little Red unless for some asinine reason they were like FSU (and Hollywood) and dressing a white boy up as an indian.

I say bring Little Red back on full scholly. I dont need to see the war dances and whoops and yells.... but I think it would be a lot cooler to see Little Red at the games than the horsepigs or Toby Keith on the sideline.....

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2009, 06:47 PM
Way cooler.

btk108
9/1/2009, 06:57 PM
ehhhhhhhhhhhh

WA. Sooner
9/1/2009, 09:34 PM
We do not need any Muppet. The Sooner Schooner is fine

Sooner-N-KS
9/1/2009, 09:36 PM
How many BCS games have we won since the Horsepigs showed up?

Boarder
9/2/2009, 12:12 AM
Well, so much for me bagging on osu for the cowboys4evah song.

hgarmorer
9/2/2009, 03:18 AM
WTF did I just watch??

badger
9/2/2009, 07:31 AM
Well, so much for me bagging on osu for the cowboys4evah song.

Every Big 12 program has their own version of embarrassment.

Kansas State has the power towel and mascot head only for a mascot costume.

Texas Tech had the fighting potatoes a few years back.

Aggies have that infamous national television shot of the Corps squeezing themselves.

Texas has ADzillatron and a crappy intro video to match.

I'm sure we can think of examples for em all.

SoonerPr8r
9/2/2009, 09:52 AM
Every Big 12 program has their own version of embarrassment.

Kansas State has the power towel and mascot head only for a mascot costume.

Texas Tech had the fighting potatoes a few years back.

Aggies have that infamous national television shot of the Corps squeezing themselves.

Texas has ADzillatron and a crappy intro video to match.

I'm sure we can think of examples for em all.

Tech's flag corps also can't spell their own schools name Tche. I would post a pic but I don't have one. I'm sure you can find, it they did it twice, once in Norman last yr.

badger
9/2/2009, 10:15 AM
Tech's flag corps also can't spell their own schools name Tche. I would post a pic but I don't have one. I'm sure you can find, it they did it twice, once in Norman last yr.

OK, pr8r, here ya go:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/jaskinner76/TCEH.jpg

I lurk at the Ag board and they cling to anti-tech stuff like this like an uber stereotypical republican clinging to his guns... wait, we're in a red state. Ummmm... like an uber stereotypical democrat clinging to a tree? Better ;)

Soonerfan88
9/2/2009, 08:27 PM
OK, back to the Boomer video - it's a lead in for this season's Capital One Mascot Challenge. In Week 1, Boomer is competing against Mike the Tiger from LSU.....and LOSING!!

Like the horsepigs or not, this cannot stand. PLEASE go vote for Boomer as I can't stand those corndog smelling redbone (%%#@$$ fans!

http://www.capitalonebowl.com/schedule/main/1

almost forgot the link

StormySooner-IN
9/2/2009, 08:34 PM
Okay. I used to utterly dispise the Horsepiggehs.

Then they fixed them up. They started 'performing better'

I liked them....they were still Teh Horsepigs though.

I opened the thread thinking nothing. But after watching that video, they are now um....Boomer and Sooner. At least the not real Pony ones. heh

Soonerfan88
9/2/2009, 11:17 PM
Boomer is currently tied with that stupid tiger. Let's move him ahead of the LSU loser.

SoonerPr8r
9/2/2009, 11:48 PM
Boomer ahead by 11 right now

Gresho Murford
9/9/2009, 11:25 AM
keep voting guys. Boomer took down LSU last week