PDA

View Full Version : BYU DE Jorgenson Talking Big Time Trash!!!

Pages : [1] 2

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 08:12 AM
Dude says if it's a physical game, and they make it brawl, then we have no chance.....just look at this video.

http://www.koco.com/video/20651399/index.html

cheezyq
9/1/2009, 08:25 AM
lol. "Most of the sound we've gotten from BYU sounds like beer league softball"

In other news:

BYU HAS BEEN LIFTING WEIGHTS!!! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOMED!1!!11!

boomersooner28
9/1/2009, 08:25 AM
damnt cheesy!

: )

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2009, 08:27 AM
dude is like 40

beer4me
9/1/2009, 08:29 AM
http://www.thescubasite.com/smile/fighting/fighting0010.gif (http://www.thescubasite.com/Scuba-Diving-Forum/)

Jdog
9/1/2009, 08:53 AM
like the sports guys comment - (BYU) - Men's beer league softball team

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2009, 08:55 AM
If thats BYU's "big time trash talk", they need lessons. "we have to play real physical". well...... duh

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 09:00 AM
If thats BYU's "big time trash talk", they need lessons. "we have to play real physical". well...... duh

He said if they play physical they win; as though we will shrink at the first sight of blood.

gaylordfan1
9/1/2009, 09:00 AM
Mark Rodgers is such a smart a**.... and that is why I like the guy. Well, it looks like we will have to BRAWL!!! I like our chances.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2009, 09:04 AM
He said if they play physical they win; as though we will shrink at the first sight of blood.

Still. Pretty weak trash talk. They should have scheduled lessons from BYU Pinguin over the summer.

stoopified
9/1/2009, 09:07 AM
A brawl between a bunch of provo choirboys and the Sooner rednecks and Boyz from the hood.HMM,who wins?

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/1/2009, 09:26 AM
Can someone post the article?

iPhones hate direct links for some reason

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/1/2009, 09:27 AM
A brawl between a bunch of provo choirboys and the Sooner rednecks and Boyz from the hood.HMM,who wins?

The skinny black ties would be flying LOL

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2009, 09:37 AM
Can someone post the article?

iPhones hate direct links for some reason

It was a video of Jorgenson yacking and the sports guy making fun of him. Not an article

Picture a swedish accent saying something to the affect of

Ja der. Yoo jest vatch us. Veal skoor moor points dan yoo eever tout vee cud, ja. Mister big dime fooootbal program der. Ja stil gata poot yer pants on von leg at a dime der dont ja know...

Aries
9/1/2009, 09:48 AM
Ja der. Yoo jest vatch us. Veal skoor moor points dan yoo eever tout vee cud, ja. Mister big dime fooootbal program der. Ja stil gata poot yer pants on von leg at a dime der dont ja know...

To adapt a Saturday Night Live skit...

"We put our pants on one leg at a time. Difference is, once we get those pants on, we win football games."

:-)

BYUrules
9/1/2009, 09:51 AM
Wow if you consider that Big time trash talk then I am really disapointed in sooner fans!

Gresho Murford
9/1/2009, 09:54 AM
Wow if you consider that Big time trash talk then I am really disapointed in sooner fans!

wow

JohnnyMack
9/1/2009, 10:31 AM
I thought it was pretty much common sense.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 10:41 AM
don't see the trash talk there...I know he would love Zee Blenda

btw Mark Rodgers is a moron IMO...he makes me like Randy from Step Brothers

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2008_Step_Brothers/008SBR_Rob_Riggle_001.jpg
"I don't know what it is about your face, but I just wanna deliver one of these right in your suck hole."

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 10:42 AM

Is this Oliver Hervy Pliny Cowdery? Nice of you to join us.

setem
9/1/2009, 11:06 AM
dude is like 40

I thought the same thing!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2009, 11:14 AM
i'm the SOB that named you Jan

Intown
9/1/2009, 11:14 AM
HA!
They'll be too gassed in the 3rd quarter to play physical or with speed.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/1/2009, 11:50 AM
HA!
They'll be too gassed in the 3rd quarter to play physical or with speed.

They'll be too slow in the 1st quarter to play with speed.

Landthief 1972
9/1/2009, 03:27 PM

Someone needs to replace their sarcasm meter.

Jello Biafra
9/1/2009, 03:30 PM
really?!?! jan? brawl? maybe if his name was sally, we'd take him a lil more seriously and might worry.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 03:31 PM
Trent is going to put him on his ***.

OUMallen
9/1/2009, 03:32 PM
Looking forward to the first DB that tries to hit Gresham in the mouth.

Jello Biafra
9/1/2009, 03:33 PM
Trent is going to put him on his ***.

lol screw trent...i say we send jimmy stevens at him. his name is JAN...seriosuly lol

beer4me
9/1/2009, 03:33 PM

No BYUruler that's not trash talk at all, that's the point it is WEAK :D :D

You people are too nice you need to ramp it up some.

Jello Biafra
9/1/2009, 03:35 PM

rofl that will be an experience for sure. db on their roster are....whatever, hitting a 6'6" 265 lbs FULLY GROWN TE is going to be a train wreck. the first one to do it will not be heard from for the rest of the game.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 03:40 PM
rofl that will be an experience for sure. db on their roster are....whatever, hitting a 6'6" 265 lbs FULLY GROWN TE is going to be a train wreck. the first one to do it will not be heard from for the rest of the game.

Did you see Joe Haden try to tackle Gresham in the NC game? Gresham lowered his shoulders and he went flying.

Jello Biafra
9/1/2009, 03:44 PM
Did you see Joe Haden try to tackle Gresham in the NC game? Gresham lowered his shoulders and he went flying.

yup. speed sure didnt help him did it? how bout that lil john wanna be that played for miami? howd that tackle work out for him? lol...

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/1/2009, 03:50 PM
somehow the words morman and street fight don't seem to go together. what exactley does that entail? drive-by biking and throwing empty cans of caffine free diet coke?

Widescreen
9/1/2009, 03:52 PM
Marsha Marsha Marsha!!!!!
Yep, we're skeered.

;)

Jello Biafra
9/1/2009, 03:53 PM
DEMMITTTTT WHERE THA F is that penguin?

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 03:57 PM

Got eaten.

:eek:

AlbqSooner
9/1/2009, 08:21 PM

Pfffft the freakin penguin is skeered of them Mormon proselyters.;) :D

AzianSooner
9/1/2009, 09:57 PM
Hey, the BYU Defensive dude is entitle to his opinion according to the first commendement of the United States of America.

msteudem
9/1/2009, 10:02 PM
Got eaten.

I think Adam Sandler (I mean Billy Madison) beat him up. ;)

Rudy Canoza
9/1/2009, 10:36 PM
The only player worth a crap to come out of BYU was McMahon. He backed-up his bull$hit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McMahon

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 12:13 AM
nothing really wrong with what he said. pretty stupid in fact to put a target on yourself before a game like this. trent or brody will hurt this guy. i think we win a trackmeet OR a streetfight. just ask florida who their most physical opponent was last year. oops i mean DIRTY.

rainiersooner
9/2/2009, 01:28 AM

that made me laugh out loud.

rainiersooner
9/2/2009, 01:30 AM
All I know is that Washington almost beat these guys last year (and would have if Jake Locker hadn't thrown the ball up in the air and got penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct)...and they're supposed to be an inferior version of the '08 team. We're going to kill them.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 03:15 AM
I have to agree strongly with that one.

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 08:50 AM
I agree and that unsportsmanlike call was such bs!!

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 02:06 PM
The only player worth a crap to come out of BYU was McMahon. He backed-up his bull$hit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McMahon

yeah, because steven young sucked.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 02:07 PM
yeah, because steven young sucked.

Glad you agree.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 02:08 PM
In Jorgenson's defense, you are taking his comments completely out of context. He has just finished stating that byu can't match ou's speed and was basically saying that our best chance is if the dynamics of the game come down to physicality instead of speed. BYU has always been a physical team. You can't expect him to say, yeah, they are faster and stronger than us, we should just not show up.

He was showing confidence in BYU's ability to play physical while admitting that OU has got the edge as far as speed goes.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 02:10 PM
In Jorgenson's defense, you are taking his comments completely out of context. He has just finished stating that byu can't match ou's speed and was basically saying that our best chance is if the dynamics of the game come down to physicality instead of speed. BYU has always been a physical team. You can't expect him to say, yeah, they are faster and stronger than us, we should just not show up.

He was showing confidence in BYU's ability to play physical while admitting that OU has got the edge as far as speed goes.

I understand that, but of course my opinion is that we have a more physical/talented team.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 02:14 PM
It's obvious that you Sooner fans haven't watched much BYU football. Jan Jorgenson is the all-time sack leader in the Mountain West Conference, Sam Bradford's numbers last season were inflated due to the bad defenses he faced and a great o-line (which is gone now) and Jan will make sure Sammy boy realizes he should have taken the cash and sprinted to Detroit. That isn't even "Big Time Trash" talk, unless I guess you are an OU fan and then it was a huge statement . . .

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 02:15 PM

our point is, snappy, she should just keep her suck hole shut.

he just opened himself up to a long painful game. i dont know if you know this but we are one of the MOST physical teams in the nation. the ONLY teams that have given us any problems in the last couple of years have been the ones we dont match up well with in the speed department. we aren't as big this year as last but we were the second largest team (oline wise) in the nation and we whipped the dawgshizzle out of the biggest oline so.....don't know what to tell you...

good luck?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 02:19 PM
It's obvious that you Sooner fans haven't watched much BYU football. Jan Jorgenson is the all-time sack leader in the Mountain West Conference, Sam Bradford's numbers last season were inflated due to the bad defenses he faced and a great o-line (which is gone now) and Jan will make sure Sammy boy realizes he should have taken the cash and sprinted to Detroit. That isn't even "Big Time Trash" talk, unless I guess you are an OU fan and then it was a huge statement . . .

Do you know who Trent Williams is?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2009, 02:25 PM

i watched them go down to the wire with a team OU obliterated last year...

and its sound more impressive to say he is the all time sack leader than to say he has 22.5 sacks in 3 years, which is good, but not great...

jharkins
9/2/2009, 02:28 PM

haha, come talk to us next Sunday and let us know how that worked out. I'll just let our boys do the talking on the field.

have a lovely day and Boomer.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2009, 02:28 PM

i agree with this..the problem with him thinking that OU isn't capable of playing more physical football than BYU is that a team can be bother quicker and more physical

birddog
9/2/2009, 02:36 PM
...and more talented, more experienced, and, like voltron, just overall sooper bad ***

WestAustinSooner
9/2/2009, 02:47 PM
Listen Coug: Believe it or not, a certain bowl game in 1993 is motivation enough in this game. But it is an extremely poor matchup for all those pasty, cultist weirdos you call a football team. Your decimated O-Line is facing the #1 defensive line in the Nation, and your QB Hall will spend more time on his back than a Detroit crack-ho at Ho-Jos! Our offense will score more than Ron Jeremy at a Hollywood sex party where spanish fly was on the apertif platter.

Your're gonna get a good rodgering - one you won't be able to walk for a long time afterwards. So pipe down, you Deseret donkey, and prepare for the apocalypse.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 02:51 PM
I understand that, but of course my opinion is that we have a more physical/talented team.

Wow, that is a shocker. Duh. Given our very limited recruiting pool, that is no suprise but that hasn't stopped teams with less physical or less talent from beating you. In fact as far as BCS bowl games go, you have made a recent trend out of allowing 'lesser' teams to beat you.

So here is to another team with lesser physicality and talent and resources to beating OU.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 02:55 PM
Wow, that is a shocker. Duh. Given our very limited recruiting pool, that is no suprise but that hasn't stopped teams with less physical or less talent from beating you. In fact as far as BCS bowl games go, you have made a recent trend out of allowing 'lesser' teams to beat you.

So here is to another team with lesser physicality and talent and resources to beating OU.

You said it yourself. You expect us to beat you guys down. BYU is a **** program, no offense.

Scott D
9/2/2009, 02:55 PM

no offense, but I could be the Mountain West All time Sack Leader if I played Wyoming every year.

JohnnyMack
9/2/2009, 02:58 PM
And you're old. And slow.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2009, 02:58 PM
and old

SoonerCoug
9/2/2009, 02:59 PM
no offense, but I could be the Mountain West All time Sack Leader if I played Wyoming every year.

Are you talking about the same Wyoming that beat Tennessee last year?

Wyoming is a crappy team. I totally agree. The question is exactly how much worse the MWC is than other conferences. Should the bottom of the MWC really be able to go on the road and beat the bottom of the SEC?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:00 PM

Wyoming is a crappy team. I totally agree. The question is exactly how much crappier is the MWC than other conferences. Should the bottom of the MWC really be able to go on the road and beat the bottom of the SEC?

Tennessee and BYU sucks. I can't wait for the beat down Saturday. Jorgenson will be on his asss the whole game....

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 03:00 PM
You said it yourself. You expect us to beat you guys down. BYU is a **** program, no offense.

Nice response. Very classy and intelligent. You represent your school well with those kind of well thought out responses.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:02 PM
let the paramedics sort them out

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:03 PM
Nice response. Very classy and intelligent. You represent your school well with those kind of well thought out responses.

You guy's came on here arrogant. Do you think you have an elite football team? LMAO

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 03:03 PM
Listen Coug: Believe it or not, a certain bowl game in 1993 is motivation enough in this game. But it is an extremely poor matchup for all those pasty, cultist weirdos you call a football team. Your decimated O-Line is facing the #1 defensive line in the Nation, and your QB Hall will spend more time on his back than a Detroit crack-ho at Ho-Jos! Our offense will score more than Ron Jeremy at a Hollywood sex party where spanish fly was on the apertif platter.

Your're gonna get a good rodgering - one you won't be able to walk for a long time afterwards. So pipe down, you Deseret donkey, and prepare for the apocalypse.

So does this guy.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:04 PM
So does this guy.

I agree with almost everything he said.

:D

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 03:07 PM
Wow . . . Sooner fan continues to impress. "Old, White, Cultists, Magic Underware" you guys are real original.

I was pretty sure we could expect some actual football talk but apparently I expected too much from this group of fans. What's next, a joke about the players having wives or the 2 year mission most of the players served?

I guess it comes from a mixture of a lack of education and a growing complex that Oklahoma State is the superior team in the state.

OU fans have the same little brother complex in regards to Texas as Utah fans do towards BYU. It is real cute though . . .

JLEW1818
just saw on ESPN

36 players on the BYU team are married...............

jonnylingobyufan
You guy's came on here arrogant. Do you think you have an elite football team? LMAO

Who came on here arrogant? Did you see my prediction? Your an idiot if you think that. I came on looking for some intelligent football discussion and got religiously bigoted and profanity laced statements thrown back at me.

Read my post again. You can also go take a look at my ou by game score prediction posts as well.

You want to talk about arrogant, look at your own posts. It is not arrogant to go around and say my team is more elite than your team?

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:08 PM
Wow . . . Sooner fan continues to impress. "Old, White, Cultists, Magic Underware" you guys are real original.

I was pretty sure we could expect some actual football talk but apparently I expected too much from this group of fans. What's next, a joke about the players having wives or the 2 year mission most of the players served?

I guess it comes from a mixture of a lack of education and a growing complex that Oklahoma State is the superior team in the state.

OU fans have the same little brother complex in regards to Texas as Utah fans do towards BYU. It is real cute though . . .

:D right when u put that i posted!

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:10 PM
:D right when u put that i posted!

Jlew, your hurting their feelings! Whats wrong with being married you JERK!

:mad: :mad: :D

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:11 PM
Ok, I believe in death, destruction, chaos, filth, and greed!

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:11 PM

Where did you go to school?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:13 PM
BYU Fans,

I haven't talked anything but football to you guys and there might have been a couple people that were interested in your religion, but listen. When you're young everything feels like the end of the world. But its not, its just the beginning. You might have to meet a few more jerks one day, you're gonna meet a boy who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Like the sun rises and sets with you.

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:14 PM
i think the penguin has shown his feathers....a dude that is green, talkign shiite on our board and was able to post from day 1

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:19 PM
Where did you go to school?

bah leave em alone ck...he meant andre ware...

4everasooner
9/2/2009, 03:20 PM
Tic-Tok Tic-Tok

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 03:21 PM
Jans gonna get destroyed against Trent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDAFKaFuBt4

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 03:21 PM

this might just be the dumbest post in soonerfans history. growing complex that OSU is superior? HAHA. we have won 6 straight and our record against OSU is 78-16. come again? little brother complex with regard to texas? stoops owns texas, they beat us and STILL didn't get in the big 12 championship game. i REALLY hope you don't represent BYU.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 03:23 PM
I went to a small school in Manhattan . . . NYU. I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but most of the country recognizes that Oklahoma is the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 12. Sorry folks, ya'll aren't as powerful, impressive or strong as you think. I will be the one yelling "Boomer" as I leave Jerry world waiting to hear the response from the dejected fan base of your lil' sooners . . .

The truth hurts, Stoops will never win another National Title and Colt McCoy is the best QB in your conference with Zac Robinson #2

JLEW1818
cougarfan should be banned, for ever.....

stoops the eternal pimp
I went to a small school in Manhattan . . . NYU. I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but most of the country recognizes that Oklahoma is the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 12. Sorry folks, ya'll aren't as powerful, impressive or strong as you think. I will be the one yelling "Boomer" as I leave Jerry world waiting to hear the response from the dejected fan base of your lil' sooners . . .

The truth hurts, Stoops will never win another National Title and Colt McCoy is the best QB in your conference with Zac Robinson #2

good post

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:24 PM

lol....weak sauce.

careful cougarfan, your panties are showing.

CK Sooner

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af190/shinkukage09/trollinthedungeon.jpg

JLEW1818
DO NOT BUY INTO HIS GAMES, HE IS JUST TRYING TO GET PEOPLE ALL RATTLED AND STUFF.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/2/2009, 03:28 PM

Care to put your money where your mouth is coug?

And please don't be another opposing team's fan who comes over to OUr board then leaves after we beat you over the weekend. If you're gonna run your head this much prior to the game, please come back afterwards and listen to what you'll have coming to you. And the bet, name your terms coug

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 03:29 PM
i would bet money he isn't even a BYU fan. guaranteed to be an OSU/texas troll

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:29 PM
Mormons don't gamble

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:33 PM
Mormons don't gamble

o they gamble. they gamble everytime they roll out of bed in that god forsaken cricket infested state.

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 03:33 PM
i would bet money he isn't even a BYU fan. guaranteed to be an OSU/texas troll

Or one of our posters just having some fun with us since not too many BYU fans have made it to SF.com.

IslandSooner
9/2/2009, 03:35 PM
I was told that BYU fans didn't drink adult beverages, it appears CougarFan has consumed something that has altered his ability to face reality!

JLEW1818
lol its CK

starclassic tama
ok i come clean... i am cougarfan3

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/2/2009, 03:36 PM
Mormons don't gamble

I was taking the chance he's not Mormon because he said he went to NYU. Ah hell I figured I'd try

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/2/2009, 03:46 PM
Mormons eat their young.

Ahh snap!. It's on the internet now, so now it's true.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 03:50 PM
Dude says if it's a physical game, and they make it brawl, then we have no chance.....just look at this video.

http://www.koco.com/video/20651399/index.html

Huh? That was big time trash talking? Jan said you guys are very fast and that we'd get beat if we try to run with you, but if we play smash mouth football, that's a game we could win.

Whether you agree or disagree with what he said (I'm sure most of you disagree), calling that big time trash talking is laughable. That's embarrassing for fans of a big time BCS school like OU to have such low trash talk standards.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 03:51 PM
Sorry fellas, I am a BYU fan, born & bred. I find it hilarious that anyone from the wasteland of Oklahoma would talk down on living in Utah. I don't bet, that is true and I don't drink, probably the reason I attended NYU and not an institution like - - Oklahoma.

You can try and say whatever you want to hide it but if you honestly look at Saturday's game, you are worried about BYU. Take away your "Big Boy" attitude and your shaded view of "non-bcs" schools (Boise State anyone?) and honestly assess these 2 teams and BYU poses a challenge.

So don't put your eyes on the Texas game yet . . . or you'll still be recovering from the black eye the Y gives you when they stomp on you!

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 03:51 PM
Sorry fellas, I am a BYU fan, born & bred. I find it hilarious that anyone from the wasteland of Oklahoma would talk down on living in Utah. I don't bet, that is true and I don't drink, probably the reason I attended NYU and not an institution like - - Oklahoma.

You can try and say whatever you want to hide it but if you honestly look at Saturday's game, you are worried about BYU. Take away your "Big Boy" attitude and your shaded view of "non-bcs" schools (Boise State anyone?) and honestly assess these 2 teams and BYU poses a challenge.

So don't put your eyes on the Texas game yet . . . or you'll still be recovering from the black eye the Y gives you when they stomp on you!

Virgin

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 03:54 PM

care to talk about matchups or.... football at all? if not you should be banned and STFU. correct me if i'm wrong, you have 2 corners that have never stepped on a D-1 field and we have one of (THE) best passers in college football history. you talk about our o-line, you are replacing more of your o-line than we are, and anybody with football knowledge knows we have one of the best D-lines in the country. not to mention our replacements on the o-line almost all have significant playing time, and one is likely to be the first lineman off the board in the NFL draft.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 03:55 PM
lol don't start with him...

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/2/2009, 03:55 PM
Mormons still don't follow sarcasm well.

Rusty98UM
9/2/2009, 03:59 PM

Not all Mormons. :)

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 03:59 PM

bah who gives a fat sewer rats azz...they haven't gotten it so far and it's out of control...we have less than 3 days to get some fury running through these punks veins. im afraid we won't every find thier "angry eyes"

i know one thing, we will find their brown eye fairly quickly saturday night.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 04:03 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, you have 2 corners that have never stepped on a D-1 field and we have one of (THE) best passers in college football history. you talk about our o-line, you are replacing more of your o-line than we are, and anybody with football knowledge knows we have one of the best D-lines in the country. not to mention our replacements on the o-line almost all have significant playing time, and one is likely to be the first lineman off the board in the NFL draft.

Ok fine I'll correct you. Brandon Bradley (Boundary Corner) got a lot of time on the field last year. He should be a solid player for us. He has good size and is also good against the run. The field corner....*cough*....we shall see what happens over there.

On the OL....yeah we're replacing 4 of the 5, but it isn't like they are all brand new guys stepping onto the field for the first time. Most of them got plenty of PT last year. I won't lie though, OL depth is still a concern. We've had some injuries there. Matt Reynolds (LT) is a major stud. He'll be playing with a club on his left hand since he broke it during fall camp, but he is a big time NFL prospect. If he makes it at BYU to his Senior year (Sophomore now) I'll be extremely surprised.

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 04:04 PM
Huh? That was big time trash talking? Jan said you guys are very fast and that we'd get beat if we try to run with you, but if we play smash mouth football, that's a game we could win.

Whether you agree or disagree with what he said (I'm sure most of you disagree), calling that big time trash talking is laughable. That's embarrassing for fans of a big time BCS school like OU to have such low trash talk standards.

nope. not laughing at that but, hes overlooking the fact that we are annually known as one of the TOUGH teams as in we will hit you in the mouth win or lose. we're not typically known as a fast team. we are a fast team but we aren't labeled as one. hide and watch. you guys think you hit hard, we DO hit hard.

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 04:08 PM
Ok fine I'll correct you. Brandon Bradley (Boundary Corner) got a lot of time on the field last year. He should be a solid player for us. He has good size and is also good against the run. The field corner....*cough*....we shall see what happens over there.

yeh...we WILL see. GOOD "against the run" is a relative term and we will see the first time he is staring down the barrel of a demarco murray running right at him

On the OL....yeah we're replacing 4 of the 5, but it isn't like they are all brand new guys stepping onto the field for the first time. Most of them got plenty of PT last year. I won't lie though, OL depth is still a concern. We've had some injuries there. Matt Reynolds (LT) is a major stud. He'll be playing with a club on his left hand since he broke it during fall camp, but he is a big time NFL prospect. If he makes it back to BYU after this game, I'll be extremely surprised.

fixed for ya...yer welcome.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 04:09 PM
nope. not laughing at that but, hes overlooking the fact that we are annually known as one of the TOUGH teams as in we will hit you in the mouth win or lose. we're not typically known as a fast team. we are a fast team but we aren't labeled as one. hide and watch. you guys think you hit hard, we DO hit hard.

Jan a guy that typically doesn't pull punches. If he's asked what he thinks....he'll tell you what he thinks. :) He's not going to give you the PC answer. All great players believe in themselves and believe in their team. Jan is a great player. He believes in himself and he believes in his team.

I didn't hear him say anything disrespectful towards OU.

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 04:11 PM
Jan a guy that typically doesn't pull punches. If he's asked what he thinks....he'll tell you what he thinks. :) He's not going to give you the PC answer. All great players believe in themselves and believe in their team. Jan is a great player. He believes in himself and he believes in his team.

I didn't hear him say anything disrespectful towards OU.

god bless him. im not saying anything about him believing in himself or his team, im guess im kinda giggling because if he truly thinks we are only speed, the first snap, he will be shocked.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 04:15 PM
Do you Sooner fans remember Boise State? Just checking bcause they made a laughing stock out of Bobby boy Stoops and BYU's team is better than that team. Sammy Bradford will be exposed as he spends all night running from our D or on his back looking up at the big screen and your front 7, which is good, will be huffin and puffin as we teach them a little something about the no huddle/hurry-up game . . .

My question is how long will it take for you smart people on this board to call for Stoops job, I mean another loss in a big game . . . seems to me that whole "Big Game Bob" nickname was a bit premature :)

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 04:16 PM
lol cougar, how many times have u been to the bcs?

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 04:18 PM
Do you Sooner fans remember Boise State? Just checking bcause they made a laughing stock out of Bobby boy Stoops and BYU's team is better than that team. Sammy Bradford will be exposed as he spends all night running from our D or on his back looking up at the big screen and your front 7, which is good, will be huffin and puffin as we teach them a little something about the no huddle/hurry-up game . . .

My question is how long will it take for you smart people on this board to call for Stoops job, I mean another loss in a big game . . . seems to me that whole "Big Game Bob" nickname was a bit premature :)

you need to educate yourself. this isn't anywhere close to that team.

no
where
close

vs. Boise State.....WR at QB
Vs. BYU heisman trophy winner

sorry, no matter how much you want to believe, its not looking good for the Y

YardTime
9/2/2009, 04:18 PM
fixed for ya...yer welcome.

lol nice. I especially liked the edit about Matt Reynolds not making it back to BYU after the OU game. That there was funny. You guys down there in Oklahoma reall know how to bring it.

:texan:

Scott D
9/2/2009, 04:24 PM

Wyoming is a crappy team. I totally agree. The question is exactly how much worse the MWC is than other conferences. Should the bottom of the MWC really be able to go on the road and beat the bottom of the SEC?

I saw high school teams last year that could have put up 30+ and beaten Tennessee. Hell, a lame UCLA team on it's 3rd string true freshman QB beat Tennessee last year.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm old, slow, and old...and could still be the Mountain West All Time Sack Leader.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 04:30 PM
How many BCS games would Oklahoma have been to if they were from a "non-BCS" conference? Get real, the BCS conferences are only viewed as better because they cut off access for everyone else and fight tooth and nail to not allow a playoff system. More $$$ flows because of the joke that is the BCS and when these "non-BCS" schools have gotten there chance they have handled their business. I hate Utah, but they would have not only smacked Oklahoma around last year but they would have given Florida a better challenge than the Oklahoma "settlers" did . . . Texas was the best team in the Big 12 last season and will be again :)

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 04:32 PM
I saw high school teams last year that could have put up 30+ and beaten Tennessee. Hell, a lame UCLA team on it's 3rd string true freshman QB beat Tennessee last year.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm old, slow, and old...and could still be the Mountain West All Time Sack Leader.

Yeah Scott I bet you were an all-state LB in high school until an injury cut short your future pro career huh . . .;)

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 04:32 PM
How many BCS games would Oklahoma have been to if they were from a "non-BCS" conference? Get real, the BCS conferences are only viewed as better because they cut off access for everyone else and fight tooth and nail to not allow a playoff system. More $$$ flows because of the joke that is the BCS and when these "non-BCS" schools have gotten there chance they have handled their business. I hate Utah, but they would have not only smacked Oklahoma around last year but they would have given Florida a better challenge than the Oklahoma "settlers" did . . . Texas was the best team in the Big 12 last season and will be again :)

HAAAHAAAAHAAA they must have some GOOOOD stuff up there in the *high* plains.

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 04:40 PM
I wanna know whose troll this is.

Desert Sapper
9/2/2009, 04:47 PM
cougarfan should be banned, for ever.....

banned? This is comic hilarity at it's finest. Don't ban this guy, because right now I am ROFLMAO.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 04:52 PM
I wanna know whose troll this is.

Jlew's.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 04:53 PM
MUAHAHAH!!!!

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 04:53 PM
banned? This is comic hilarity at it's finest. Don't ban this guy, because right now I am ROFLMAO.

Ya know people laugh a lot when they are nervous and are put in a situation of self doubt . . . just saying! ;)

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 04:54 PM
bicycles

Petro-Sooner
9/2/2009, 04:55 PM
That guy cracks me up! I hope he sticks around.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 04:57 PM
That guy cracks me up! I hope he sticks around.

Ban him!!!

;-)

j/k

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 05:03 PM
One thing to take away from my experience with soonerfans.com: Sooner fans are arrogant and overly confident. I am not seeing much discussion here. Just a bunch of blowhards who seem insecure enough to constantly be blowing around insults to anybody actually interested in talking about football. Good luck winning a bcs bowl. Who cares if you get there anyway if you can't win.

You won't be making to the nc game this year. The polls are not going to make that mistake again. OU is becoming the Big 12's Ohio State.

This year is going to be a disappointing year for you guys with how blindly confident you are in your sooners.

Any reasonable sooner fans out there?

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:05 PM
whats there to discuss? we are going to stomp yall

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 05:06 PM
One thing to take away from my experience with soonerfans.com: Sooner fans are arrogant and overly confident. I am not seeing much discussion here. Just a bunch of blowhards who seem insecure enough to constantly be blowing around insults to anybody actually interested in talking about football. Good luck winning a bcs bowl. Who cares if you get there anyway if you can't win.

You won't be making to the nc game this year. The polls are not going to make that mistake again. OU is becoming the Big 12's Ohio State.

This year is going to be a disappointing year for you guys with how blindly confident you are in your sooners.

When we play someone like Miami then there will be football talk, but we are playing BYU.......they suck........

bonkuba
9/2/2009, 05:07 PM

Seriously, it's hard to not be confident when you have been to the NC game more times than your opponent has wins......seriously. Maybe we haven't won 'em as of late, but I would take our boys BEING in the game more than REALLY.....REALLY wanting to be. :rolleyes:

Ohio State of the Big12.....heh :D

bonkuba
9/2/2009, 05:07 PM
When we play someone like Miami then there will be football talk, but we are playing BYU.......they suck........

^^^^ Yep.....

Desert Sapper
9/2/2009, 05:08 PM
Ya know people laugh a lot when they are nervous and are put in a situation of self doubt . . . just saying! ;)

Actually, I think your team has a chance to stay in this game. Pitta is one of the best TEs in the country. Hall is a good QB (when pressure doesn't make him turn the ball over). Your run game should be decent if you can find the linemen to make holes. Hell, I think your D should be passable, and this guy Jorgenson sounds pretty fired up (which is a good sign).

He's probably right that the ONLY chance BYU has is to come out and TRY to play smash mouth. Boise did it. West Virginia did it. Florida did it. Utah did it to Bammer (who was without their two best O-Linemen I might add). If you can get a mental edge on a team, especially as a 'little guy' you have a real chance.

I am laughing because you are so over the top in the ridiculous crap you are spouting. We're gonna stomp you? If you aren't throwing that out there tongue in cheek, you probably have to wear a helmet and ride in the short bus.

If BYU can come out, make an early statement against an O-Line that is still finding its chemistry, and find a way to score on offense (even if that involves some of the crazy imaginitive play that has defined the best teams in the minor conferences - a la Boise and Utah), they stand a chance to keep the game close, which translates to a chance to win.

I really hope I haven't disrupted your mojo, because I am having a lot of fun reading your posts.

Carry on, Cougar.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:10 PM
BYU OLINE sucks

people act like OU oline is horrible, its still better than more than half of the Olines in the nation...Oklahoma's offense line this year, is better than BYUs line last year

footballfanatic
9/2/2009, 05:15 PM
Guys, I am worried about this game. I think our O-line is gonna hurt us. I think our defense is strong, but until we prove our receivers are good, and the o-line opens big holes and protects Sam, i am concerned. I think we pull it out in a thriller. If BYU gets early scores, though, look out.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:15 PM
okay..

Widescreen
9/2/2009, 05:17 PM

Prediction: You won't be back here after Saturday. And it won't be because you were banned.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 05:17 PM
okay..

lol

footballfanatic
9/2/2009, 05:18 PM

Hey guy, I worked in Manhattan for 20 years. NYU is quite possibly the MOST overrated school in the country. It is a weird, non-campus, incredibly overpriced school populated by aimless rich kids, phony, east village rastaman wannabes, failing film makers. The decent students go to Columbia. You know, the school with...a campus?

footballfanatic
9/2/2009, 05:24 PM

Trust me, NYU is officially a blowhard school. I lived in Manhattan for 20 years. Overpriced, aimless wannabes, no campus, unless you count the drug deals in Washington Square a campus. NYU sucks, and we never had luck with any of the graduates from there at my Ad agency. Come to think of it, we never actually hired any of them.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 05:24 PM
CougarFan looks like you just got outed.

olevetonahill
9/2/2009, 05:25 PM
Gonna chime in here
Anytime yer playing the 20th ranked Team , Ya better take em serious.
Now fer you coug ****ers heres the deal , The Sooners Will be ready fer em
us Fans can talk all the **** we want;)

YardTime
9/2/2009, 05:25 PM
If BYU can come out, make an early statement against an O-Line that is still finding its chemistry, and find a way to score on offense (even if that involves some of the crazy imaginitive play that has defined the best teams in the minor conferences - a la Boise and Utah), they stand a chance to keep the game close, which translates to a chance to win.

That's a fair post. The minor conference comment was lame unless you're including the Pac-10 (minus USC) and the Big East in there as well.

I'll be surprised if we come out and run a lot of "trick" plays ala BSU or Utah. Certainly we'll try to confuse your D with some looks they aren't prepared for, but that's just college football. I am confident our O will be able to score some points. I believe our D will be better than last year....but there are a lot of unknowns on that side of the LOS. I think many of your fans (and players based on a couple of comments I've heard) will be surprised with our athleticism. If OU thinks they can win simply on their speed and athleticism, they are in for an eye opener.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 05:27 PM
Gonna chime in here
Anytime yer playing the 20th ranked Team , Ya better take em serious.
Now fer you coug ****ers heres the deal , The Sooners Will be ready fer em
us Fans can talk all the **** we want;)

They are overrated.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 05:28 PM
Actually, I think your team has a chance to stay in this game. Pitta is one of the best TEs in the country. Hall is a good QB (when pressure doesn't make him turn the ball over). Your run game should be decent if you can find the linemen to make holes. Hell, I think your D should be passable, and this guy Jorgenson sounds pretty fired up (which is a good sign).

He's probably right that the ONLY chance BYU has is to come out and TRY to play smash mouth. Boise did it. West Virginia did it. Florida did it. Utah did it to Bammer (who was without their two best O-Linemen I might add). If you can get a mental edge on a team, especially as a 'little guy' you have a real chance.

I am laughing because you are so over the top in the ridiculous crap you are spouting. We're gonna stomp you? If you aren't throwing that out there tongue in cheek, you probably have to wear a helmet and ride in the short bus.

I really hope I haven't disrupted your mojo, because I am having a lot of fun reading your posts.

Carry on, Cougar.

I am so glad that some mighty Oklahoma fan has finally given BYU a shot!!!!! Pitta is probably the 2nd best TE in the country (behind Gresham), Max Hall is a top 5-10 QB in the country and Oklahoma is looking past them. I listened to Bob Stoops comments and it is laughable the disrespect he shows.

If OU thinks this will be a walk in the park, they are in for a surprise.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 05:29 PM
Prediction: You won't be back here after Saturday. And it won't be because you were banned.

I was invited to come here by soonersfans.com

I thought I would oblige thinking there might be some interesting discussion here. For the most part I was wrong. Just a bunch of homers.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:31 PM
BYU sucks

soonerborn30
9/2/2009, 05:31 PM
How was Bob disrespectful? Links?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 05:32 PM
How was Bob disrespectful? Links?

He said that we were going to stomp BYU into the ground until **** starts coming out of them. I can't believe he said it to be honest.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 05:33 PM
Seriously, it's hard to not be confident when you have been to the NC game more times than your opponent has wins......seriously. Maybe we haven't won 'em as of late, but I would take our boys BEING in the game more than REALLY.....REALLY wanting to be. :rolleyes:

Ohio State of the Big12.....heh :D

Well hey, you just keep being happy them "being in the game" then and losing. Now there is an elite team if I ever heard one and an elite attitude to go with it.

Maybe you should take a lesson from Utah who knows how to win bcs bowl games. But like I said. Have fun riding your corrupt bcs system to another bcs bowl game you will lose because you are overrated. You Ohio State, I mean OU fans think a lot of yourselves.

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/2/2009, 05:33 PM

And I'm sure that invitation said BYOB in it. So...........

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 05:34 PM

I thought I would oblige thinking there might be some interesting discussion here. For the most part I was wrong. Just a bunch of homers.

there are good and bad apples at every board. for every olevet here, there is a stoops the eternal pimp or rhino to offset the idiocy.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:35 PM
loser

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 05:35 PM
BYU sucks

An example of what an OU education will do for you. Can't think of anything to say so you just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:36 PM
An example of what an OU education will do for you. Can't think of anything to say so you just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind.

BYU SUCKS!!!!! AND SO DO BICYCLES!

CK Sooner
there are good and bad apples at every board. for every olevet here, there is a stoops the eternal pimp or rhino to offset the idiocy.

Taking Pre-med at UCO is like competing in the special olympics....even if you win your still retarded.

olevetonahill

And yer Welcome as far as Im concerned.
ya outa know yer gonna get Smack when ya visit an OP teams board tho.:D

YardTime
9/2/2009, 05:37 PM
loser

I think I've figured out how you have such a high post count.

:pop:

silverwheels

Pfft. We were doing this before Ohio State was. They're copying off us. ;)

And to be honest, this isn't the first OU board I go to when I want to seriously discuss football. It's not what it was even a couple of years ago. You've seen every example of that.

MamaMia
I'm sure our team will take the cougars talent as seriously as they take Jan's threat.

soonerborn30
He said that we were going to stomp BYU into the ground until **** starts coming out of them. I can't believe he said it to be honest.

wow. That IS out of character for him.

Can't say I disagree, though.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 05:40 PM
I LOVE the mentality of Oklahoma fans! "We are so good and we go to so many BCS games and we lose all of them because we are overrated and overhyped but at least we are there! It has nothing to do with us being in a BCS conference because we could totally make the bowls even if we didn't have an automatic bid. But really we lose bowl games all the time, but at least we are there"

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Everytime somebody points out to you how sad it is that you only get to these games because you are in a BCS conference just plug your ears and yell "Boomer" over and over again till that person goes away!

;)

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 05:41 PM
How did BYU do against Washington and TCU last year?

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:41 PM
well Oklahoma is rated as the number 1 prestigious team of all time... I'd say that is kinda an accomplishment.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 05:43 PM
How did BYU do against Washington and TCU last year?

1-1

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/2/2009, 05:44 PM
I LOVE the mentality of Oklahoma fans! "We are so good and we go to so many BCS games and we lose all of them because we are overrated and overhyped but at least we are there! It has nothing to do with us being in a BCS conference because we could totally make the bowls even if we didn't have an automatic bid. But really we lose bowl games all the time, but at least we are there"

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Everytime somebody points out to you how sad it is that you only get to these games because you are in a BCS conference just plug your ears and yell "Boomer" over and over again till that person goes away!

;)

So your mocking us for winning our conference over and over, and which I might add is a real conference, and going to BCS games vs. you not making them?

That's like a AAA minor baseball team smack talking the Yankees for them going to the WS all the time.

olevetonahill

I see yer still a dumas:D
Show me where Ive been less than respectful to our visitors:P

silverwheels
1-1

And how did the Cougars look against those two teams compared to how Oklahoma looked?

jonnylingobyufan
well Oklahoma is rated as the number 1 prestigious team of all time... I'd say that is kinda an accomplishment.

Yeah, I would say it is an accomplishment to win a bcs bowl game that you get a free ride into each year as well. number 1 prestigious team as named by jlew1818 who continues to amaze us with his quick wit and reasoning.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I would say it is an accomplishment to win a bcs bowl game that you get a free ride into each year as well. number 1 prestigious team as named by jlew1818 who continues to amaze us with his quick wit and reasoning.

Named by ESPN.

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 05:46 PM
Trust me, NYU is officially a blowhard school. I lived in Manhattan for 20 years. Overpriced, aimless wannabes, no campus, unless you count the drug deals in Washington Square a campus. NYU sucks, and we never had luck with any of the graduates from there at my Ad agency. Come to think of it, we never actually hired any of them.

I guarantee your bosses at your ad agency were NYU grads . . . trying to talk down NYU, really? Your desperation is loud & clear!

StoopTroup
9/2/2009, 05:47 PM
I'll be surprised if we come out

That was my prediction.

CK Sooner

A free ride? You call beating every team, but Texas a free ride?

CK Sooner
I guarantee your bosses at your ad agency were NYU grads . . . trying to talk down NYU, really? Your desperation is loud & clear!

You got called out. You went to a ****ty college, accept it.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:49 PM

BCS bowls, is that your only argument dude? So what we are 2-5 in those, what are yall?

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:52 PM
so funny how BYU fans come to this website talking about "Education"

that's when you know your football team sucks, and people hate you

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 05:53 PM
So your mocking us for winning our conference over and over, and which I might add is a real conference, and going to BCS games vs. you not making them?

That's like a AAA minor baseball team smack talking the Yankees for them going to the WS all the time.

The only reason you claim it is a "real" conference is because of the BCS which creates false confidence in teams. Oklahoma has a good tradition, but without the BCS conference label & money they are nothing special :) Sorry folks, BCS conference schools are nothin more than the working girls to fill the pockets of the BCS admin. Send ya out to the corner with some false confidence, you come back bruised and bloody when YOU DO play the "not-real" conference teams (Boise St. & TCU a few years back) but if they keep telling you how good you are you actually buy it. Sad. Sad. Sad.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 05:54 PM
7 National Titles

Cougarfan3
9/2/2009, 05:56 PM
You got called out. You went to a ****ty college, accept it.

If you honestly can say NYU and ****ty college in the same sentence you are even stupider than advertised. I know Oklahoma doesn't produce geniuses but I expected you to be able to get that basic little gem . . .

JLEW1818
please don't knock on my door

silverwheels
The only reason you claim it is a "real" conference is because of the BCS which creates false confidence in teams. Oklahoma has a good tradition, but without the BCS conference label & money they are nothing special :) Sorry folks, BCS conference schools are nothin more than the working girls to fill the pockets of the BCS admin. Send ya out to the corner with some false confidence, you come back bruised and bloody when YOU DO play the "not-real" conference teams (Boise St. & TCU a few years back) but if they keep telling you how good you are you actually buy it. Sad. Sad. Sad.

If this is a real BYU fan then he's not representing them very well. Then again, most of the posters here aren't representing OU very well, either.

Anyway, keep bringing up Boise State and TCU, Cougar fans. Those 2 games out of the many we have played against mid-majors this decade obviously mean more than what happened last year, when we did pretty well against TCU (who dominated BYU) and Cincinnati (who won 10 games), and we smacked Washington around at their place, where BYU needed a personal foul on Jake Locker to win.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 05:59 PM

Whatever makes you feel good. Ou is a big game loser. Its a sure bet. good luck this year. i would put money down that ou does not get into the nc game because by the time it rolls around they will have at least two losses. One of course being to texas who is the only really good team in the Big 12. Then after that you will get your free ride into a bcs bowl, because texas will be in the nc game, and lose again. I would put money on that. that is about as safe as any bet gets.

It is sad when the comeback is well hey at least we are IN the games. Yes you admitted that you guys choke in big games while nonbcs teams who have to work to get into the bowls have beat the 'real' confrence bvs teams 3 of the 4 years they have had an auto bid.

you guys have got big heads.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 06:00 PM
A free ride? You call beating every team, but Texas a free ride?

yes.

CK Sooner
Whatever makes you feel good. Ou is a big game loser. Its a sure bet. good luck this year. i would put money down that ou does not get into the nc game because by the time it rolls around they will have at least two losses. One of course being to texas who is the only really good team in the Big 12. Then after that you will get your free ride into a bcs bowl, because texas will be in the nc game, and lose again. I would put money on that. that is about as safe as any bet gets.

It is sad when the comeback is well hey at least we are IN the games. Yes you admitted that you guys choke in big games while nonbcs teams who have to work to get into the bowls have beat the 'real' confrence bvs teams 3 of the 4 years they have had an auto bid.

you guys have got big heads.

Don't **** on other teams when your team is an embarrassment to college football.

JLEW1818
big game?

we beat number 2 ranked tech last year? is that not a big game?

two years ago we beat number 1 ranked Missouri

when was the last time yall beat a number 1 or 2 ranked team... please tell me

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 06:01 PM
yes.

Well then your an idiot, no offenseeee.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 06:02 PM
I know Oklahoma doesn't produce geniuses but I expected you to be able to get that basic little gem . . .

Well that I am starting to believe. At least we can agree on something.

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 06:04 PM
BYU also got handled by Arizona in their bowl game, and Arizona was average last year. It's funny that the BYU fans are bringing up OU's struggles in the BCS instead of their own shortcomings from last season.

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 06:05 PM
And how did the Cougars look against those two teams compared to how Oklahoma looked?

Still waiting, Johnny Lingo.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 06:05 PM
Mike Stoops owns BYU and now Bob Stoops is going to own BYU.

BYU is the Stoops family cum dumpster.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 06:06 PM
don't worry CK, at least your not part of a cult

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 06:07 PM
Don't **** on other teams when your team is an embarrassment to college football.

Lets be real. OU is a good football team. In my opinion BYU is as well. I was just annoyed with your arrogant attitude. Think what you want. BYU has one a national title and revolutionized the way college football was played. They have heisman trophy winners and have produced phenomenal nfl talent. They are relevant and have a strong history. Maybe they are not OU, but to bag on our team calling them a ****y program and an embarassment to football is just stupid.

jonnylingobyufan
9/2/2009, 06:08 PM

Nice. Very impressive. I am out of here.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 06:09 PM
Nice. Very impressive. I am out of here.

I won't lose much sleep.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 06:10 PM

:D :D :D

YardTime
9/2/2009, 06:10 PM

Why are we talking about last year? I thought we had a game THIS SATURDAY!!

If this were last year's teams playing each other your discussion would be relevant.

olevetonahill
9/2/2009, 06:13 PM

If this were last year's teams playing each other your discussion would be relevant.

No **** I agree
So why are Yall bringing up OUR Bowl loses the last few years ?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 06:13 PM

The JohnnyLingo idiot was bringing up the past, so he was trying to make a point.

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 06:14 PM

It's a lot more relevant than the OU-TCU game from 2005 and the Fiesta Bowl against Boise State. And if the differences between OU and BYU were that big last year, I highly doubt they're going to shrink that much by the next season.

BYU is a good team, yes, but you have to understand why most OU fans think this will be relatively easy win. Sure, with some fans it's just arrogance, but I watched BYU last year and I'm not worried as long as OU has a good gameplan.

PDXsooner
9/2/2009, 06:18 PM
that wasn't trash talk. that was man talk. if you think that was trash talk you either never played sports or you work around a lot of women.

Scott D
9/2/2009, 06:18 PM

you enjoy that pissing match about NYU with that Longhorn there, we'll sit back and watch.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 06:20 PM
that wasn't trash talk. that was man talk. if you think that was trash talk you either never played sports or you work around a lot of women, or your a BYU fan.

:eek: :eek:

YardTime
9/2/2009, 06:22 PM
The JohnnyLingo idiot was bringing up the past, so he was trying to make a point.

Fair enough. Now that Lingo has left, please don't pin his idiocy on me.

Scott D
9/2/2009, 06:23 PM
And I quit seriously discussing football on this board years ago. It's not worth the time or effort.

GKeeper316
9/2/2009, 06:27 PM

ha ha

ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wait......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

man... hold on. im almost done laughing...

nope guess not

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

olevetonahill
9/2/2009, 06:28 PM
And I quit seriously discussing football on this board years ago. It's not worth the time or effort.

Kinda like talking Politics on the SO :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 06:34 PM
When these guys lose by 40 or so Saturday I can't wait to hear how bad we suck.

PDXsooner
9/2/2009, 07:03 PM
Kinda like talking Politics on the SO :D

there is no bigger waste of time on the internet.

SoonerCoug
9/2/2009, 07:07 PM
It's a lot more relevant than the OU-TCU game from 2005 and the Fiesta Bowl against Boise State. And if the differences between OU and BYU were that big last year, I highly doubt they're going to shrink that much by the next season.

BYU is a good team, yes, but you have to understand why most OU fans think this will be relatively easy win. Sure, with some fans it's just arrogance, but I watched BYU last year and I'm not worried as long as OU has a good gameplan.

Most BYU fans think this will be a relatively easy win for OU as well. Please don't pay too much attention to the occasional ********* BYU fan who thinks otherwise.

I give BYU a 3% chance of winning this game.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 07:09 PM
Most BYU fans think this will be a relatively easy win for OU as well. Please don't pay too much attention to the occasional ********* BYU fan who thinks otherwise.

I give BYU a 3% chance of winning this game.

I agree with this but I'd put the percentage closer to 20%.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 07:18 PM
I'd put it closer to 0%

YardTime
9/2/2009, 07:19 PM
I'd put it closer to 0%

See there are idiots from both fan bases.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 07:21 PM
No, I just can't see any possible way that BYU can win this one. You guys may do well the rest of the season, but you are in over your heads.

Johnny Utah
9/2/2009, 07:25 PM
When these guys lose by 40 or so Saturday I can't wait to hear how bad we suck.

... or how "dirty" we played :rolleyes: .

YardTime
9/2/2009, 07:25 PM
No, I just can't see any possible way that BYU can win this one. You guys may do well the rest of the season, but you are in over your heads.

Well hopefully come Saturday your opinion of our team will change.

silverwheels
9/2/2009, 07:27 PM
I'll be the first person to give BYU credit if they win, and while I think OU will have a relatively easy go, I'm not ruling the Cougars out completely. I expect them to play hard and give us hell.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 07:28 PM

score prediction?

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 07:29 PM

So you hope that after the game I don't see BYU doing well the rest of the season? OK...

YardTime
9/2/2009, 07:32 PM
score prediction?

I already made that in the other thread. Don't expect me to pick against my team regardless what I think the likely outcome will be.

I think I predicted 45-38 BYU. Something like that.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 07:34 PM
I already made that in the other thread. Don't expect me to pick against my team regardless what I think the likely outcome will be.

I think I predicted 45-38 BYU. Something like that.

If our defense let's BYU score 38 points I may jump off a very tall building.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 07:35 PM
If they score more than 10 it will be on a bunch of bush league trick plays.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 07:52 PM
If they score more than 10 it will be on a bunch of bush league trick plays.

I doubt you'll see "bush league trick plays" from us. You will see a couple of big Tongan running backs pounding the ball down your throats. I know your DL is very good, so it'll be fun to see how our OL handles them. If our RB's make it into your backfield, they could do some serious damage.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 07:54 PM
I doubt you'll see "bush league trick plays" from us. You will see a couple of big Tongan running backs pounding the ball down your throats. I know your DL is very good, so it'll be fun to see how our OL handles them. If our RB's make it into your backfield, they could do some serious damage.

Defending the run is one of our specialties. We were decent at defending the pass last year and should improve this year, but if you thing Tongan is going to have a big day against our D then your wrong. I can guarantee that your wrong.

olevetonahill
9/2/2009, 07:54 PM
See there are idiots from both fan bases.

Ya know yer the 2nd Coug fan that has resorted to name calling .
Y'all wont be around long if you keep that up :rolleyes:
Jes sayin :cool:

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 07:55 PM
Heh...

Luckily we only have a couple more days for us a-holes typing to fight it out. Then the actual game where the players and coaches get their say and one of us will have to eat crow!

Get out your plate and silverware bud.

olevetonahill
9/2/2009, 08:04 PM
I'll be the first person to give BYU credit if they win, and while I think OU will have a relatively easy go, I'm not ruling the Cougars out completely. I expect them to play hard and give us hell.

Pretty much what I sad earlier
BYU will be a tuff game early on then we walk away
JMHO

YardTime
9/2/2009, 08:04 PM
Defending the run is one of our specialties. We were decent at defending the pass last year and should improve this year, but if you thing Tongan is going to have a big day against our D then your wrong. I can guarantee that your wrong.

I have no idea if our running game will be effective. We will run it at you though, that is for sure. And our RB's are beasts. We'll be throwing the ball quite a bit as well, but don't expect us to be one-dimensional on offense. If our run game is completely stifled we could become one-dimensional, but we will try to establish the run.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 08:12 PM
I have no idea if our running game will be effective. We will run it at you though, that is for sure. And our RB's are beasts. We'll be throwing the ball quite a bit as well, but don't expect us to be one-dimensional on offense. If our run game is completely stifled we could become one-dimensional, but we will try to establish the run.

If you guys didn't have so many injuries and new starters I would give you guys a chance, but.....

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 08:12 PM
I would be willing to bet my left nut that we outgain BYU in the air and on the ground and I'm fairly certain BYU won't be over 100 yards rushing on the game. There may be some good gains in the air early, but after the D settles down that won't be a factor either.

I'll guess BYU gets about 60 on the ground and maybe 150 in the air. OU will be about 190 on the ground and 350 passing at a minimum.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 08:34 PM
If you guys didn't have so many injuries and new starters I would give you guys a chance, but.....

The injuries on the OL definitely hurt. We were replacing 4 of 5 starters on the OL but the guys we were replacing them with had decent playing time already from previous years for the most part.

Here's a pretty decent review of how our OL was projected back in June, before the injuries:

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/message.html?id=4658317

YardTime
9/2/2009, 08:38 PM
I'll guess BYU gets about 60 on the ground and maybe 150 in the air. OU will be about 190 on the ground and 350 passing at a minimum.

You could be right about how many yards we get on the ground. I'll be surprised if you hold us under 250 in the air.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 08:44 PM
You could be right about how many yards we get on the ground. I'll be surprised if you hold us under 250 in the air.

The only way I see your guys getting that many is if our ball-stealing D doesn't get any interceptions. And that I just can't imagine.

olevetonahill
9/2/2009, 08:45 PM

I wont, Im guessing Y'all get 250 total:cool:

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2009, 08:49 PM
You're more generous than I am!

YardTime
9/2/2009, 08:51 PM
The only way I see your guys getting that many is if our ball-stealing D doesn't get any interceptions. And that I just can't imagine.

Depends on what kind of pressure you get on Hall. He is a very accurate passer, but if you get some pressure on him he will start trying to force things, and that could lead to some INT's. If you hold us under 250 passing and 60 on the ground, then it will probably be a route of the proportions you are predicting. I don't think you'll hold us under 250 passing though.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 08:55 PM
Depends on what kind of pressure you get on Hall. He is a very accurate passer, but if you get some pressure on him he will start trying to force things, and that could lead to some INT's. If you hold us under 250 passing and 60 on the ground, then it will probably be a route of the proportions you are predicting. I don't think you'll hold us under 250 passing though.

I heard that Hall was a fumbling machine if he gets hit.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 09:05 PM
I heard that Hall was a fumbling machine if he gets hit.

Most QB's are when they get hit from the blind side.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 09:05 PM
Most QB's are when they get hit from the blind side.

I meant from any side.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 09:10 PM
the good QB's don't fumble when they get hit

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 09:13 PM
Rumor is that Jermain Gresham tore his meniscus in practice today. I will research and get back to you guys hopefully tonight.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 09:16 PM
another rumor? hehe

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 09:17 PM
If anybody wants the Gresham information then PM me because I am not posting premium info on the board.

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 09:19 PM
other board

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 09:20 PM
other board

Yep.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 09:27 PM
I meant from any side.

I don't think Hall has a fumble problem. Yeah he's had some bad games (specifically TCU and Utah last year) where he has fumbled the ball, but that's usually when he gets hit from behind.

YardTime
9/2/2009, 09:29 PM
the good QB's don't fumble when they get hit

Any QB will fumble the ball if you hit them hard enough. ;)

starclassic tama
9/2/2009, 09:50 PM
Taking Pre-med at UCO is like competing in the special olympics....even if you win your still retarded.

aww did i hurt your little feewings being mean to your widdle buddies on your widdle website that you spend 23 hours a day on? what's your major? let me guess, business finance?

JLEW1818
9/2/2009, 09:52 PM
he aint in college actually

Curly Bill
9/2/2009, 09:53 PM
CK's actually a pron star. Goes by the name Buck Naked.