PDA

View Full Version : FALL STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING TESTS!!!!!

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 07:50 AM
Man, this team is athletic and explosive.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2009/08/31/practice-report-8-31-09/

* The Sooners released an interesting tidbit in their weekly notes — fall strength and conditioning testing results. Couple numbers that stood out: Dom Franks’ 40 time (4.38), Trent Williams’ and Brian Simmons’ 40 time (4.75 and 4.65, respectively), Stephen Good’s squat (630). Here are the rest of the numbers:

Bench
C: Ben Habern, 430
CB: Brian Jackson, 350
DE: Pryce Macon, 395
DT: Gerald McCoy, Adrian Taylor, 420
LB: Travis Lewis, 380
OG: Brian Simmons, 415
OT: Trent Williams, 395
WR: Ryan Broyles, 320
S: Sam Proctor, 330
TE-FB: James Hanna, 355

40-yard dash
C: Ben Habern, 4.61
CB: Dominique Franks, 4.38
DE: F. Alexander, P. Macon, 4.69
DT: Gerald McCoy, 4.83
LB: J.R. Bryant, 4.51
OG: Brian Simmons, 4.65
OT: Trent Williams, 4.75
WR: Ryan Broyles, 4.41
RB: Chris Brown, 4.44
S: Sam Proctor, 4.58
TE-FB: Jermaine Gresham, Hanna, 4.56

Squat
C: Habern, Lepak, 455
CB: Brian Jackson, 455
DE: Pryce Macon, 455
DT: Gerald McCoy, 585
LB: Travis Lewis, 500
OG: Stephen Good, 630
OT: N/A
WR: James Winchester, 455
RB: Brown, Madu, 405
S: Sam Proctor, 455
TE/FB Jermaine Gresham, 455

Vertical
C: Ben Habern, 26.5
CB: Brian Jackson, 37.5
DE: Frank Alexander, 31.5
DT: Adrian Taylor, 34.5
LB: J.R. Bryant, 34.5
OG: Stephen Good, 29.5
OT: Trent Williams, 28.5
WR: James Winchester, 38.0
RB: Chris Brown, 32.0
S: Sam Proctor, 33.5
TE/FB: James Hanna, 37.5

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 07:51 AM
Brian Simmons runs a 4.65!!!

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 07:51 AM
Looks like James Hanna tested better than Gresham.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 07:52 AM
I guess we still havent approached SEC speed.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 07:54 AM
Whoever didn't believe my freshman 40 thread can suck it. I know these may not be on the dot, but this is what they measured them at.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 07:55 AM
Now Ashley....what do you have to say about this? Remember your inside coaching sources that said they didn't test?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2009, 07:56 AM
Looks like James Hanna tested better than Gresham.

Just shows you how much stock to put into a bunch of numbers.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 07:57 AM
Whoever didn't believe my freshman 40 thread can suck it. I know these may not be on the dot, but this is what they measured them at.

That's right CK, shake them haters off.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 07:58 AM
Just shows you how much stock to put into a bunch of numbers.

Well Wilson said Hanna will be in on the 4/5 reciever set, so his numbers mean something.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2009, 08:01 AM
I guess we still havent approached SEC speed.

Coaches are inflating the numbers for humility.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 08:02 AM
Coaches are inflating the numbers for humility.

You don't know that.... The 40 times are probably off a TAD bit because they might have been hand timed.

Sooner-N-KS
9/1/2009, 08:22 AM

Isn't that about what Malcolm Kelly ran?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 08:26 AM
RB: Chris Brown, 4.44

thats good to see if its properly timed

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 08:27 AM
thats good to see if its properly timed

Merv Johnson said that he got a lot faster and stronger over the off-season. Chris even said it himself.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2009, 08:29 AM
You don't know that.... The 40 times are probably off a TAD bit because they might have been hand timed.

i meant they are making them HIGHER (slower) because we are just so humble...

o geez.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah but this was in the fall....not much time to get stronger and faster for him

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 09:44 AM

That is the biggest bunch of bs I have ever hears. That is a misprint or something. Now, you'll say, I guess you think you know more than the coaches. Whatever. Brian Simmons, at 305 does not run a 4.65. Ludicrous. People on other boards will really laugh at you if you broadcast that he did, so please don't.

primetime43
9/1/2009, 09:49 AM
That is the biggest bunch of bs I have ever hears. That is a misprint or something. Now, you'll say, I guess you think you know more than the coaches. Whatever. Brian Simmons, at 305 does not run a 4.65. Ludicrous. People on other boards will really laugh at you if you broadcast that he did, so please don't.

+1

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 09:52 AM

Oh and you have Habern as running a 4.61. Right dude, right. Surely, these numbers on the O line are a joke.

IslandSooner
9/1/2009, 09:55 AM
J.R. Bryant shows up twice, yet not on the depth chart?

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 10:25 AM
Oh and you have Habern as running a 4.61. Right dude, right. Surely, these numbers on the O line are a joke.

"you have habern as running a 4.61." What the hell are you talking about? if you dont like the the times, give schmitty a call, or call the newspaper; but dont be a smart *** and say that i came up with these times. you have been negative towards this o-line every chance you can get; are you alex williams or some dead beat player that stoops cut for being a lazy, cancerous, and no account individual?:mad:

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 10:27 AM

Can you read?

* The Sooners released an interesting tidbit in their weekly notes — fall strength and conditioning testing results

OK2U
9/1/2009, 11:04 AM
Isn't that about what Malcolm Kelly ran?

Only because the coaches tried to screw him by making him run on something resembling grass.

Everybody knows that they play on track in the NFL.

shiat

stoopified
9/1/2009, 11:16 AM
I'd be curious to see lift numbers for Sam and a 40D time.I betting 300 bench,4.8 40D.

JLEW1818
9/1/2009, 11:22 AM
I don't think any Sooner offensive lineman will run under a 4.8 at the combine... sorry JMO

you can save this posts too

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 11:28 AM
well the combine run will be a little different anyway..the surface...how its timed...how legit the combine run times are..

I've been there and saw how they did some guys, especially once the NFL Network got involved..

Soonerhaze
9/1/2009, 11:29 AM
If CB runs a 4.44, then go ahead and ink him up a HUGE contract. He is the prototype NFL running back. His draft stock just shot up, if it's true of course.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 11:37 AM
I don't think any Sooner offensive lineman will run under a 4.8 at the combine... sorry JMO

I think Trent will.

JLEW1818
9/1/2009, 11:39 AM
the fastest lineman at the combine last year ran a 4.89

no other lineman ran under 5.03

i just don't see it

Nic Harris ran a 4.85 at the combine.....

Lendy ran a 4.74

(maybe that's why we get burnt)

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 11:43 AM
the fastest lineman at the combine last year ran a 4.89

no other lineman ran under 5.03

i just don't see it

Nic Harris ran a 4.85 at the combine.....

Lendy ran a 4.74

(maybe that's why we get burnt)

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

i dont get lendy; he ran down harvin and goodson, so what gives? AD actually ran what i thought he would run.

JLEW1818
9/1/2009, 11:43 AM
who knows

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 11:45 AM
From experience 40 times can fluctuate easily.

My Opinion Matters
9/1/2009, 11:48 AM
So basically our guys run fast enough to run Florida's scout team. Maybe.

DakotaSooner
9/1/2009, 11:49 AM
I heard Jimmy Stevens ran a 4.39

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 11:52 AM
i find it funny everyone is hung up on the 40 times and arent impressed, with our DT's benching 420, T. Lewis benching 380, Good squating 630, and tiny Broyles benching 320.

Also does anyone dispute broyles and Franks times?

DakotaSooner
9/1/2009, 11:57 AM
Broyles is a burner for sure......I was surprised with his bench. Do they have to lift it twice or just once?

goingoneight
9/1/2009, 12:08 PM
First time I've seen Murray not top a lot of those lists.

BoulderSooner79
9/1/2009, 12:11 PM
First time I've seen Murray not top a lot of those lists.

Yes, DM has been quite the specimen on these tests. I wonder if he skipped the latest round while doing rehab.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 12:12 PM
he didn't test last fall either..

BoulderSooner79
9/1/2009, 12:14 PM
He was definitely rehabbing last fall - still limping during August camp.

Collier11
9/1/2009, 12:25 PM
If these numbers are timed correctly then we seem to be faster this year across the board

Collier11
9/1/2009, 12:27 PM
40 times fluctuate and playing speed is diff than sprinter speed, that is why Lendy tested so low IMO cus on the field he was a 4.4-4.5 type guy

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 12:30 PM

Agreed.

Collier11
9/1/2009, 12:31 PM
In all honesty, you have to be a complete freak if you are an o-lineman and run under a 4.9-5

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 12:40 PM
"you have habern as running a 4.61." What the hell are you talking about? if you dont like the the times, give schmitty a call, or call the newspaper; but dont be a smart *** and say that i came up with these times. you have been negative towards this o-line every chance you can get; are you alex williams or some dead beat player that stoops cut for being a lazy, cancerous, and no account individual?:mad:

Those times are dead wrong. I don't care how you cut it. If I read something that says "Obamacare is going to make the U.S. 20 trillion dollars", I don't broadcast it. Why? Because on its face, it is dead wrong. I'm negative towards all the hype. Not towards the o-line. You said this line is "better" than last years and they haven't even played yet. This thread underscores my earlier criticisms, all hype with no support. Yes, I remain critical of the posting of these times. You can believe them if you want, hell believe in the easter bunny too. Its okay to critically analyze the Sooners. I think this team can go undefeated, but I don't think they'd beat the Patriots. See the difference? I think Habern may end up being a good center, but I'm not going to say he's better than Cooper who started his whole career for OU. I think Habern and Simmons may have good feet, but I'm not going to say they are faster than Malcolm Kelly, Lendy Holmes, and Nic Harris.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 12:42 PM
Those times are dead wrong. I don't care how you cut it. If I read something that says "Obamacare is going to make the U.S. 20 trillion dollars", I don't broadcast it. Why? Because on its face, it is dead wrong. I'm negative towards all the hype. Not towards the o-line. You said this line is "better" than last years and they haven't even played yet. This thread underscores my earlier criticisms, all hype with no support. Yes, I remain critical of the posting of these times. You can believe them if you want, hell believe in the easter bunny too. Its okay to critically analyze the Sooners. I think this team can go undefeated, but I don't think they'd beat the Patriots. See the difference? I think Habern may end up being a good center, but I'm not going to say he's better than Cooper who started his whole career for OU. I think Habern and Simmons may have good feet, but I'm not going to say they are faster than Malcolm Kelly, Lendy Holmes, and Nic Harris.

The times were released by the school and if you don't like them then **** off. You posted once that you didn't agree with the time and that was enough. Now STFU about it.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 12:43 PM
If these numbers are timed correctly then we seem to be faster this year across the board

i know Norvell said that we are more athletic at the wr position this year, and have the ability to go deep more often.

i dont think simmons or habern runs a 4.6, it was shocking that was listed as their times.

Collier11
9/1/2009, 12:48 PM
^^^ agreed

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 12:49 PM

Collier11
9/1/2009, 12:54 PM

not sure what the point of this post was or what you were trying to prove but you need to chill out

The O-line times are probably a misprint, if they arent then be excited

The CB time is legit cus I heard Stoops talking about how much faster he was this yr

Why are you so angry?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 12:55 PM
Tommie Harris at 295 could run a 4.67(I know he ran slower at the combine)...

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 01:10 PM
not sure what the point of this post was or what you were trying to prove but you need to chill out

The O-line times are probably a misprint, if they arent then be excited

The CB time is legit cus I heard Stoops talking about how much faster he was this yr

Why are you so angry?

I apologize. My writing came across as angry, I was trying to be emphatic.

Collier11
9/1/2009, 01:14 PM
Well, go change your diaper and then come back and join us in the non angry discussion ;)

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 01:14 PM
The times were released by the school and if you don't like them then **** off. You posted once that you didn't agree with the time and that was enough. Now STFU about it.

He challenged my post, so I defended my post and the overall mindset that prompted my post. I missed the memo where you guys became infallible and your posts were not subject to critique. THe times were posted and I said no f ing way were they right. Then I was personally insulted by a subsequent post. So, I explained why I was critical, and even more importantly, why it is okay to be critical. Then you resorted to using references to curse words.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 01:16 PM
He challenged my post, so I defended my post and the overall mindset that prompted my post. I missed the memo where you guys became infallible and your posts were not subject to critique. THe times were posted and I said no f ing way were they right. Then I was personally insulted by a subsequent post. So, I explained why I was critical, and even more importantly, why it is okay to be critical. Then you resorted to using references to curse words.

Your like a nagging wife....

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 01:17 PM

Again, I apologize. I'll save my more critical rants for people who I know, who understand where I'm coming from, and the overall point I am trying to make.

Collier11
9/1/2009, 01:18 PM
I dont think it is the fact that you criticized the post, that is fine. I think it was the fact that you attacked the OP as if he were lying or posting false info...all he did was post the link and the report about the times...Just my 2 cents worth

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:22 PM

I challenged your post? Before i ever said anything to you, i get this from you...

and i dont respond and then i get this....

then I said this...

"you have habern as running a 4.61." What the hell are you talking about? if you dont like the the times, give schmitty a call, or call the newspaper; but dont be a smart *** and say that i came up with these times. you have been negative towards this o-line every chance you can get; are you alex williams or some dead beat player that stoops cut for being a lazy, cancerous, and no account individual?
to basically figure out what your problem; so who challenged whom 1st?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 01:22 PM
I think your issue should be with Kenny Mossman and the coaches if the numbers are that outrageous to you....Mostly Kenny

He is the one that releases that out to the media

The poster is not the one that has Habern running that fast....Patton does and Mossman does

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 01:24 PM
oh and I sent that same list to several scouts a while back, because the fall workout numbers have been pretty close to what they should be since Bob and JS have been there..not one of them questioned any of the times

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 01:25 PM
oh and I sent that same list to several scouts a while back, because the fall workout numbers have been pretty close to what they should be since Bob and JS have been there..not one of them questioned any of the times

The problem is that people think that we can't have players with decent speed because of the 40 times last year in the draft.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:26 PM
are you alex williams or some dead beat player that stoops cut for being a lazy, cancerous, and no account individual?

Sorry about this sentence htown, i can go too far sometimes.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:27 PM
The problem is that people think that we can't have players with decent speed because of the 40 times last year in the draft.

You can tell by the vids this team is a little quicker than recent years.

LawtonBoy74
9/1/2009, 01:28 PM
Did you guys see Adrian Taylor's 34 inch Vertical!!!! Thants Nucking Futts for an interior DL to have a vertical like that...very impressive!!

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 01:30 PM
Fair distinction. I agree and have apologized a number of times. I must have misread the original post into somehow illustrating an amount of support for the times. Mistake on my part. Fact is that I wholeheartedly disagree with the two times that I have already identified. I would encourage other posters to take caution in accepting those times and broadcasting them to others.

Hella Sideburns
9/1/2009, 01:30 PM
Unless Habern is a complete freak, I don't buy the 4.61, even if that's what he tested at. I mean, that's faster than some NFL receivers.

The good news is that regardless of exactly how accurate all this is, it points to the 2009 Sooners as being faster than in the past.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:31 PM
Something just occurred to me; yesterday Stoops said that this 0-line is the most conditioned he has had in 5-6 years; so maybe it's possible that they are running around those times.

Collier11
9/1/2009, 01:34 PM
It is possible that Stoops made sure the O-lineman got their arses busted this summer cus he is tired of our O-line getting worn down and missing blocks, assignments, and false starting left and right during big games

htownsooner7
9/1/2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry about this sentence htown, i can go too far sometimes.

No problem whatsoever, I'm sure we'll be trading thoughts for many years to come What's ironic about this is that I think we may be one of the 3 or 4 fastest and most athletic teams this year. The truth is that the quickness of our o-line probably did improve and that the secondary is also faster.

I still don't quite understand the coaches' stance on the center position. Stoops said that Eldridge as done very well at center but was that a qualified statement, like "he's a great center, for a tight end?" Maybe they split time this week and then Habern emerges as the starter.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 01:39 PM
one thing to consider about Habern is the fact the dude was a 1st team all stater on the oline and the dline...a dline pass rusher who had something around 10 or 11 sacks..something that requires a pretty good deal of speed..

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 01:40 PM
No problem whatsoever, I'm sure we'll be trading thoughts for many years to come What's ironic about this is that I think we may be one of the 3 or 4 fastest and most athletic teams this year. The truth is that the quickness of our o-line probably did improve and that the secondary is also faster.

I still don't quite understand the coaches' stance on the center position. Stoops said that Eldridge as done very well at center but was that a qualified statement, like "he's a great center, for a tight end?" Maybe they split time this week and then Habern emerges as the starter.

Ben will split time with Brody Saturday and will probably start the next game.

BoulderSooner79
9/1/2009, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see the O linemens 10 yard times - maybe even 8 yards. More importantly, do they consistently get the jump on the guy in front of them due to knowing the snap count. But I do hope we have enough 40yd+ plus plays that they can showcase that 4.6 speed blocking downfield :)

And even if they don't run that fast, I'm not angry about it. I just did some yoga and drank some chamomile tea and I'm okay with it now.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:41 PM

Well Eldridge will be taking #50 and 83 with 2 sets of pads, and during the presser Stoops said that Habern will play some.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 01:42 PM
I like to see the O line mens 10 yard times - maybe even 8 yards .

Yup...these are what the NFLers want to see as well

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:42 PM
Ben will split time with Brody Saturday and the will probably start the next game.

Dang, you move quick.

JLEW1818
9/1/2009, 01:49 PM
so why does Ben just not start? is his injury that bad?

Collier11
9/1/2009, 01:49 PM
Didnt get enough reps for them to be comfortable starting him yet

Collier11
9/1/2009, 01:50 PM
Dang, you move quick.

Thats what his GF tells him

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:51 PM
Did you guys see Adrian Taylor's 34 inch Vertical!!!! Thants Nucking Futts for an interior DL to have a vertical like that...very impressive!!

Yeah, Taylor and McCoy are going to wreak havok in the middle.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 01:51 PM
I hope Ben is ready for Miami. That game will get him ready for Texas.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:53 PM
Thats what his GF tells him

You mean that's not Vanessa Hudgens Ive been talking to?:O

Collier11
9/1/2009, 01:55 PM
No, its her 5th cousin Shenessa

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 01:56 PM
LOL.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 01:58 PM
No, its her 5th cousin Shenessa

Shenessa Jackson and dem, Yeah my homie little Skeet Skeet use to hang with her.

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:00 PM
Seriously, I thought CK was a girl, because someone said that she was JLEWs girlfriend, I guess they were being funny. THis board is losing it's reliability.

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 02:00 PM
Shenessa Jackson and dem, Yeah my homie little Skeet Skeet use to hang with her.

Fo rizzle?

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:03 PM
Fo rizzle?

Yo, you tink Hab, wil get sum gamizzle on satizzle, my soonizzle?

Collier11
9/1/2009, 02:05 PM
CK is Jlews gf but CK is a guy

LawtonBoy74
9/1/2009, 02:05 PM
Fo Shizzle My Nizzle!!

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/1/2009, 02:06 PM
Yo, you tink Hab, wil get sum gamizzle on satizzle, my soonizzle?

Fo shizzle dizzle

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:07 PM
CK is Jlews gf but CK is a guy

NTTAWWT, but yada yada yada, what about kids?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 02:08 PM
Seriously, I thought CK was a girl, because someone said that she was JLEWs girlfriend, I guess they were being funny. THis board is losing it's reliability.

Jlew, like Nutt, is a big fan of Dick

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:10 PM
Fo Shizzle My Nizzle!!

For real LawtonBoy, check this Jamie Foxx peom out, some funny stuff. May contain some offending things for BYU fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNNTdUjt7o

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:11 PM
Jlew, like Nutt, is a big fan of Dick

OH, now I see.;)

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2009, 02:13 PM
Alright time to get back to something serious. Time to talk football.

starclassic tama
9/1/2009, 08:00 PM
I hope Ben is ready for Miami. That game will get him ready for Texas.

i think eldridge stays at center the whole year and dominates. ben will get his turn next year, we need #8 right now.

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2009, 08:28 PM
I have no idea who will be at center all year. I'll have to watch the games or something! While I'm watching I'll pay attention to how fast these guys are.

fadada1
9/1/2009, 09:09 PM
i ran a 4.3 when i fell out of the 4th floor of walker tower. my next 40 time was a bit slower.

i'm somewhat surprised by the bench weights (not the squat weights). the DT/OL are not that big of a shock, but i would expect the LB to be a bit more powerful/explosive. most of these guys are 230-250 pounds. a "GOOD" indicator (in a sense) is throwing up 100+ over your body weight - that's for someone who is strong - not a freakish D1 football player. eh, what do i know... they could all kick my ***.

msteudem
9/1/2009, 09:48 PM
I am pretty sure I ran a 4.3 40 one time when I was a kid. The neighborhood rotweiller (sp?) got loose and chased me down the street. Now that is motivation! :eek:

Collier11
9/1/2009, 10:21 PM
I probably would have blown a 4.3 a few times if Id been caught

LawtonBoy74
9/2/2009, 09:58 AM
For real LawtonBoy, check this Jamie Foxx peom out, some funny stuff. May contain some offending things for BYU fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNNTdUjt7o

off the hizzle fo shizzle lol

Jello Biafra
9/2/2009, 10:33 AM
all of this is impressive and stuff but first, at 24 years old when i tried out for SIU, i tested at 271 and ran a 4.87 and that was tested by Jackie Shipp in 1994 ANNNND i hadn't been working out all that much with speed and agility. mostly just strength. so, if the lineman are absolute freaks and work HARD on speed and agility, its not out of the realm of possibility. think about how much time has passed between a 4.87 and a 4.61 what two steps?

now what is much more impressive to me is Jacksons bench....