PDA

View Full Version : Just So I Can Say It First:

Oldnslo
8/31/2009, 10:38 AM
Georgia over the aggies. Bet the mortgage.

The dawgs are getting 6 points most places, but I think they're going to win outright.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2009, 10:41 AM
Re: T. Boone’s line on UGA-OSU: Cowboys by 363 points

Georgia is going to Dominate OSU, the beginning of the year defenses are always ahead of the game, so i see osu getting rolled @ home.

Sorry, i said this a few weeks ago, but good try.

OUstud
8/31/2009, 10:43 AM
This could be a good thread:

-Rich Rod will be gone from UM by the end of this season
-Ole Miss won't win more than 8 games

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2009, 10:45 AM
Brody Eldrige will start at center, and you heard it here first.

SoonersBIG7
8/31/2009, 10:50 AM
[hairGel]I'm a man i'm gonna score 40!! and win! [hairGel]

Oldnslo
8/31/2009, 10:58 AM
Notre Dame will win enough games to get into a BCS bowl.

And get pantsed.

Again.

htownsooner7
8/31/2009, 11:00 AM
All sheep humping jokes aside, I actually like Okie State in this matchup. The offense is better than Georgia's and they'll be pretty motivated. They'll get up 10 and the defense will be able to play more confidence. I'd have a very different opinion if this was in Athens.

badger
8/31/2009, 11:03 AM
Florida will have four losses for the 2008-2009 football season, including a loss in the bowl game.

Another highly-toued, highly-paid SEC coach will get the boot by season's end.

badger
8/31/2009, 11:04 AM
The Pac 10 will finally have a new champion to send to the Rose Bowl - one that is NOT named USC.

(this thread is awesome - spek!)

OUstud
8/31/2009, 11:05 AM
UGA and Stafford have "Ewing Theory" written all over them. Here's another one: UGA beats Aggy... and UF. But they still don't win the SEC, due to an unfortunate 2nd-week home loss to South Carolina.

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 11:07 AM
Joe Paterno croaks mid season...on the sideline...falls right into the side judge.

LMAO thats brutal. hahahaha

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 11:08 AM
Okie state win by 14

soonersam
8/31/2009, 11:12 AM
Okie will get their points... 30plus and Ga just doesnt have an offense!!

Okie St 34ish
GA 21ish

bcgvh
8/31/2009, 11:16 AM
Guys I hate OSU, but currently I hate the SEC and all of the SEC hype even more...I'm pulling for the Chokes on this one. Georgia beating OSU at home will only add to the SEC hype greatly. I hope OSU wins 50-3...show everyone that the SEC has no offense and over-rated defense.

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 11:18 AM
^^^^ i totally agree bcgvh

Oldnslo
8/31/2009, 11:25 AM
The Big 10 will have a huge rebound year and win most of their bowl games.

My Opinion Matters
8/31/2009, 11:40 AM
I agree on the original post. This is the perfect setup for a classic OSU letdown.

IslandSooner
8/31/2009, 11:43 AM
Any Big 12 team over any SEC team anyday. Cant pull for the SEC

Hot Rod
8/31/2009, 11:50 AM
The Pac 10 will finally have a new champion to send to the Rose Bowl - one that is NOT named USC.

(this thread is awesome - spek!)

I'm ready for this!

En_Fuego
8/31/2009, 11:55 AM
Georgia will think they were invited to a Haloween Party Gone Inbred. And T-Bugger Pickens will offer the dogs Kool-Aid at halftime.

Mike Gumby finds a way to lose again.

Georgia 31
lOSUr 24

NorCaligator
8/31/2009, 11:56 AM
Florida will have four losses for the 2008-2009 football season, including a loss in the bowl game.

Another highly-toued, highly-paid SEC coach will get the boot by season's end.

'08-09 is already past, and UF did ok ;) in their bowl game.

badger
8/31/2009, 12:06 PM
'08-09 is already past, and UF did ok ;) in their bowl game.

I meant 09-10. Sorry. Florida will have four losses in football for the 2009-2010 season including their bowl game. :les: I SAID IT FIRST!!! [hairGel]

sooner ngintunr
8/31/2009, 12:11 PM
oSu drops 2 of their first 4.

badger
8/31/2009, 12:24 PM
oSu drops 2 of their first 4.

http://i32.tinypic.com/wi0n43.jpg

All right, now somebody mess up a prediction so I can do my alternate one :D

Breadburner
8/31/2009, 12:39 PM
Lane Kiffen caught with soap on a rope in the Volunteer locker room.....

badger
8/31/2009, 12:44 PM
Lane Kiffen caught with soap on a rope in the Volunteer locker room.....

Oh gawwww... I am not going to dignify that with my prepared "wrong" picture, so you can have this picture of the Aggies wasting their practice time doing... something... with hurdles? Stretches? practicing punting the ball in a new way? Whateve... you get this pic instead!

http://i31.tinypic.com/25row9v.jpg

Look for these guys to not win many games again this year, heh :D

ouduckhunter
8/31/2009, 12:45 PM
Boys State plucks the Ducks 42 -17!

badger
8/31/2009, 12:49 PM
Boys State plucks the Ducks 42 -17!

http://i27.tinypic.com/161xmkn.jpg
:D

Johnny Utah
9/1/2009, 12:52 PM
Guys I hate OSU, but currently I hate the SEC and all of the SEC hype even more...I'm pulling for the Chokes on this one. Georgia beating OSU at home will only add to the SEC hype greatly. I hope OSU wins 50-3...show everyone that the SEC has no offense and over-rated defense.

I've lived in SEC country since the 1988 football season but really didn't start hating the SEC in general until shortly after moving to the Atlanta area in 1999. Many here believe that the world revolves around Athens, GA and the "Dawgs" even though their last MNC was in 1980 (I think :P ). Additionally, because of the sheer size of the ATL, every other variety of SEC fan exists, and I believe that it's the epicenter of the whole "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant :rolleyes: .

To emphasize my point, here are some excerpts from the "Junkyard Blawg" blog on todays ajc.com in which the writer takes some definite swipes at the Big 12 (http://blogs.ajc.com/junkyard-blawg/2009/09/01/gearing-up-for-the-showdown-in-stillwater/?cxntfid=blogs_junkyard_blawg):
"I’ve tended all along to feel that Georgia ought to be able to handle the Pokes on Saturday, mainly because of the distinctly unimpressive brand of defense played in the Big 12."
"They can score a lot of points, but so can just about everyone else in their league, especially when they’re playing each other."
"While Mark Richt teams occasionally have come up way short in big games (yes, Crimson Tide fans, we remember last year), they’ve also proved time and again that they were “man enough,” as Pat Dye once put it. Oklahoma State, not so much."

Oldnslo
9/1/2009, 03:00 PM
I've lived in SEC country since the 1988 football season but really didn't start hating the SEC in general until shortly after moving to the Atlanta area in 1999. Many here believe that the world revolves around Athens, GA and the "Dawgs" even though their last MNC was in 1980 (I think :P ). Additionally, because of the sheer size of the ATL, every other variety of SEC fan exists, and I believe that it's the epicenter of the whole "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant :rolleyes: .

To emphasize my point, here are some excerpts from the "Junkyard Blawg" blog on todays ajc.com in which the writer takes some definite swipes at the Big 12 (http://blogs.ajc.com/junkyard-blawg/2009/09/01/gearing-up-for-the-showdown-in-stillwater/?cxntfid=blogs_junkyard_blawg):
"I’ve tended all along to feel that Georgia ought to be able to handle the Pokes on Saturday, mainly because of the distinctly unimpressive brand of defense played in the Big 12."
"They can score a lot of points, but so can just about everyone else in their league, especially when they’re playing each other."
"While Mark Richt teams occasionally have come up way short in big games (yes, Crimson Tide fans, we remember last year), they’ve also proved time and again that they were “man enough,” as Pat Dye once put it. Oklahoma State, not so much."

I'm far from an SEC homer.

Let me put it this way: If talent is fairly equal... If home field advantage isn't such a big deal... you've got Richt against Gundy. That's the mismatch.

I think Richt could take Gundy's players and beat GA. I sure don't think Gundy could take Richt's players to beat State.

OUMallen
9/1/2009, 03:35 PM
OSU's starting TE left the team in a media rush on the restraining order against him. Rumors of an ACL issue with OSU's starting MLB. Cox arrested, even though not a big deal. Too many expectations. UGA's OL is solid. OSU is ripe to pokechoke this one before the coin toss.

JohnnyMack
9/1/2009, 03:41 PM
I hope osu loses every game it plays. Ever. For the rest of time.

beer4me
9/1/2009, 03:44 PM
I hope osu loses every game it plays. Ever. For the rest of time.

Johnny don't always agree with you but I give credit when credit is due.

I hear you on this bro:cool:

sidewinder517
9/1/2009, 03:48 PM
I hope texas & osu loses every game it plays. Ever. For the rest of time.

fixed

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2009, 03:48 PM
i think osu beats georgia....

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 03:49 PM
i think osu beats georgia....

Thats what I have, but they keep dropping like flies.

Oldnslo
9/1/2009, 03:52 PM
Not that I mind the OSU/GA debate, but...

JUST SO I CAN SAY IT FIRST:

Michigan tanks this year. Again.

OU86
9/1/2009, 04:01 PM
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp229/BRAGGonUT/oklahoma-girl.jpg

JohnnyMack
9/1/2009, 04:06 PM
fixed

No see I think we need Texas to be good. We need the game in Dallas to mean something. Helps our national standing. We don't need osu to do anything but fail.

stoopified
9/1/2009, 04:35 PM
Guys put down the Neon Orange juice,it is poison.OSU still has to prove it to me<I'm thinking 3-4 losses for the boys from T.Boone State.I don't like the SEC but I think the Dawgs take down the Cowpukes.

Johnny Utah
9/1/2009, 05:44 PM
I'm far from an SEC homer.

Let me put it this way: If talent is fairly equal... If home field advantage isn't such a big deal... you've got Richt against Gundy. That's the mismatch.

I think Richt could take Gundy's players and beat GA. I sure don't think Gundy could take Richt's players to beat State.

Very good point. Do you think that that's one thing that's helping the SEC overall in that it's got some of the best coaches money can buy?

illinisooner
9/1/2009, 06:08 PM
I hate pulling for Okie St in any game, but they're obviously losing to us and Texas, so I suppose I can root for them for conference braggin rights. And I'd be interested to hear the excuses from SEC folks afterwards.

Other picks:
Ohio St 23 USC 20 (at the shoe)
Tennessee actually gives Florida a game until the 4th quarter
Michigan forced to cancel game vs. Western Michigan due to Rich Rod's tears flooding Michigan Stadium

Homer pick of my own: Illinois wins the Big 10 and Juice Williams is a Heisman finalist. Not that far out of the realm of possibilities, but still a long shot.

budbarrybob
9/1/2009, 07:48 PM

I hope the aggies win too. But the espin talkin heads will say "Stafford blah blah, Moreno blah ,blah blah. SEC is studly blah, Florida, blah. Florida blah blah blah"