PDA

View Full Version : Great politcal fact site....

AggieTool
8/31/2009, 08:11 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/

My Opinion Matters
8/31/2009, 09:11 AM
Hah! No one's interested in the truth here. That sucks all the fun out of partisan mudslinging.

OUDoc
8/31/2009, 09:47 AM
And people wonder why I have no interest in politics.

soonerhubs
8/31/2009, 10:17 AM
It's even got fancy graphics. :D

85Sooner
8/31/2009, 10:47 AM
Gotta call BS on that one.

Obama "The health care plan for members of Congress is no better than the janitor who cleans their offices." TRUE Basically stateing that the politicians will have the same plan as we do when they do not.

Turd_Ferguson
8/31/2009, 10:47 AM
It's even got fancy graphics. :D

http://www.tampabay.com/universal/politifact/rulings/tom-pantsonfire.gif

:D

soonerscuba
8/31/2009, 10:52 AM
Gotta call BS on that one.

Obama "The health care plan for members of Congress is no better than the janitor who cleans their offices." TRUE Basically stateing that the politicians will have the same plan as we do when they do not.Do ya? Because my government hacked computer (derned cars.gov!) says that federal employees choose from the same plans regard less of level. Must be the commies creeping into HR and messing things around, those tricksters.

Turd_Ferguson
8/31/2009, 11:10 AM
I think he means that it sounds like there trying to lump the "janitor's" in with the rest of us.:confused:

OklahomaTuba
8/31/2009, 11:13 AM
Nice site, cept this..

"Nearly 46 million Americans don't have health insurance coverage today." Obama

They say this is true, then in the notes says he overcounted by including "9.7 million noncitizens".

Yet they seem to really hit much lesser "overstatements" by republicans much harder, even calling lesser statements "not true".

Seems this site isn't as fair as it claims to be.

OklahomaTuba
8/31/2009, 11:18 AM
Another laugher...

There's certainly no "death board" that determines the worthiness of individuals to receive care.

Good thing they dropped something from the bill that didn't exist in the first place.

soonerscuba
8/31/2009, 12:00 PM
I think he means that it sounds like there trying to lump the "janitor's" in with the rest of us.:confused:I think that he is trying to imply that Congressmen set up a different plan for themselves as opposed to other federal employees, which is demonstrably false. The janitor can get the same plan as a Senator, postman, or park ranger should he choose it. So yes, in the government's plan the janitor is lumped in with the rest of the employees, like any other employer's health plan.

LosAngelesSooner
8/31/2009, 12:29 PM
Good thing they dropped something from the bill that didn't exist in the first place.
LORD you're faaar gone. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/31/2009, 12:30 PM
Seems this site isn't as fair as it claims to be.Or you're unwilling to accept that "your guys" have been lying a bunch lately. :pop: