PDA

View Full Version : Wildhorsepig

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 03:18 PM
What are your thoughts on OU running the wildcat? I've heard a few times from the coaches and sites that we will run it this year.

IMHO it doesn't make too much sense not to snap it to a Heisman Trophy winner.

IMHO it could be really effective in certain situations, especially with options such as Murray/Brown/Madu/Calhoun/Broyles.

IMHO I can't decide whether to like it or not.

:pop:

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2009, 03:21 PM
I think the fact that we have a Heisman QB would only add to the effectiveness since the defense wouldn't expect it.

badger
8/30/2009, 03:51 PM
I would not mind the horsepigs being wild, because then it would mean that they're somewhere else and not caged in the Schooner.
http://www.normantranscript.com/homepage/images_sizedimage_239011518/xl

Curly Bill
8/30/2009, 05:13 PM
I'm all for it.

Even good teams can run stuff out of the ordinary to give themselves some versatility.

OK2U
8/30/2009, 05:17 PM
Direct snap to Murray back in '07 wasn't very successful.

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 05:17 PM
more Murray/Broyles

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 05:19 PM
Direct snap to Murray back in '07 wasn't very successful.

Didn't we run it just one time......

:confused:

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 05:43 PM
Didn't we run it just one time......

:confused:

Ya if I remember correctly it was fairly succesful too.

budbarrybob
8/30/2009, 06:28 PM
What are your thoughts on OU running the wildcat? I've heard a few times from the coaches and sites that we will run it this year.

IMHO it could be really effective in certain situations, especially with options such as Murray/Brown/Madu/Calhoun/Broyles.

so what's your opinion about it?

yermom
8/30/2009, 06:33 PM
Ya if I remember correctly it was fairly succesful too.

that's how i remember it. i can't remember the game though, seems it was pretty late in the season at home knocking on the South end zone, then he got hurt in Lubbock and we didn't see him again til last year

hopefully he won't be on KO teams and can stay healthy this year

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 06:52 PM

Honestly... Percy Harvin thrived in the wildcat last year against our defense. I see no problem with mixing things up. It gives opponents one more thing to study and be ready for.

I think you get the ball in our playmakers hands as much as possible. Whether it's via handoff, pass, or direct snap.

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 06:54 PM
that's how i remember it. i can't remember the game though, seems it was pretty late in the season at home knocking on the South end zone

I'm almost positive it was against aTm. I believe that game they had some d-bag d-back with dreads that took a couple of cheap shots.

o0Dan0o
8/30/2009, 07:00 PM

I'm more concerned if his opinions are humble or not...

PLaw
8/30/2009, 07:02 PM

The "wild whatever" is an attempt to get your best players on the field at the same time. It's a glaring condemnation in the ability of the QB if he is not considered one of your best players. The SOONERS do not have that problem and I highly doubt we will see a wild-Sooner or wild-horespig.

We did run a wild-Sooner from game 4 of 1970 until around 1989 - it was called the Wishbone.

BOOMER

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 07:06 PM
I'm more concerned if his opinions are humble or not...

IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO IMHO

:P

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 07:11 PM
The "wild whatever" is an attempt to get your best players on the field at the same time. It's a glaring condemnation in the ability of the QB if he is not considered one of your best players. The SOONERS do not have that problem and I highly doubt we will see a wild-Sooner or wild-horespig.

So Percy Harvin running wild on our D was a condemnation of Tim Tebow?

Demarco Murray running it in 07 is a condemnation of Sam Bradford?

The ""wild whatever"" is an attempt to create mismatches and freeze LBs and give you an extra blocker.

It's not going to be used more than a couple times this year if at all. I doubt that would really be a condemnation of Sam.

Curly Bill
8/30/2009, 07:18 PM
I don't think running the wildcat or anything of the like is anything against Sam or anyone else.

It's partly been due to our arrogance to avoid doing "tricked up" stuff like this that has made our recent bowl record what it is, because our opponents have not shown such reluctance to do some of these things.

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think running the wildcat or anything of the like is anything against Sam or anyone else.

It's partly been due to our arrogance to avoid doing "tricked up" stuff like this that has made our recent bowl record what it is, because our opponents have not shown such reluctance to do some of these things.

Curly Bill, you say it much better than I do.

BoomerJ
8/31/2009, 12:02 AM
Why not have Bradford checking off at the line all Peyton Manning like, and while it appears he's communicating with a tackle, hike the ball to Murray who takes off for a 20 yard gain.

SoonerPr8r
8/31/2009, 07:13 AM
Why not have Bradford checking off at the line all Peyton Manning like, and while it appears he's communicating with a tackle, hike the ball to Murray who takes off for a 20 yard gain.

I like it. Shh don't tell anyone so we can surprise em.

the_ouskull
8/31/2009, 09:27 AM
Badg already gave the answer that should have ended this thread. Why is there still discussion happening?

the_ouskull

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 09:56 AM
If we do the wildcat I say we bring it out in the Idaho St. game, and trickle it in later on during the season... I just honestly think it may give us a little more of an edge but when you have a team as stacked as ours you really dont have to trick the defense

yermom
8/31/2009, 10:16 AM
i think that line of thinking gets us into trouble. of course vanilla works to beat the bad teams, but when you stray from that against comparable teams but aren't used to it you aren't going to execute as well

badger
8/31/2009, 10:26 AM
Badg already gave the answer that should have ended this thread. Why is there still discussion happening?

the_ouskull

You're right... I'm usually quite the thread killer. :P

the_ouskull
8/31/2009, 03:11 PM
YOU are? Are you f*cking kidding me? I can't get anybody to argue with me anymore. (Maybe I should troll new boards...)

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
8/31/2009, 03:12 PM
But yeah, on the for serious, you really are. :D

the_ouskull

TXBOOMER
8/31/2009, 06:14 PM
I think we should run it. Better yet I like the play boise ran for two. I like DM isolated in space against a linebacker. Either way, we should save it for a time when we need it or to run the score up on texass.

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 06:23 PM

The ""wild whatever"" is an attempt to create mismatches and freeze LBs and give you an extra blocker.

It's not going to be used more than a couple times this year if at all. I doubt that would really be a condemnation of Sam.
I'm just gonna let the Percy Harvey comment slip as you obviously are just trying to prove you know something about football to obtain the elusive SF.com Street Cred. :D

Thing is this....Since Bob Stoops has been Coach...how many plays like that have you seen him try?

I'm not sure what the percentage of successful plays like that are...but I just having watched every game since he's been here...I'm leaning toward less then 50%.

Given those percentages are in the ballpark...I'd answer your original question with...FAT CHANCE. Bob likes putting in good plays and schooling his opponent. He likes putting up numbers for players who might be in the running for another Heisman also.

You should have stopped your original post here...and then never posted again IMO...

Enjoy the season.

ST

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't realize you needed 30,000 posts to talk football :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 07:38 PM
I didn't realize you needed 30,000 posts to talk football :rolleyes:

You don't. That's why I started talking football with my first post here. What's taking you so long? Quit asking questions you already know the answer to and talk football. Shhheeezzzz.

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 07:50 PM
You don't. That's why I started talking football with my first post here. What's taking you so long? Quit asking questions you already know the answer to and talk football. Shhheeezzzz.

4 of your last 6 posts in football threads.

Cabloeone = one channel? :D

I have seen very little cheerleader action.

:D

Get rid of the boat and buy a Home :pop:

:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 07:53 PM
4 of your last 6 posts in football threads.

:rolleyes:

So your gonna go to war with me huh?

How do you think I got 30,000 posts my friend.

They all weren't football...then of course the fact that I post on about 4 football forums....yeah...there's that.

Just stop.

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 07:56 PM
Oh and BTW Percy Harvin just dropped a for sure TD pass from Farve.

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 08:01 PM
So you're gonna go to war with me huh?

How do you think I got 30,000 posts my friend.

They all weren't football...then of course the fact that I post on about 4 football forums....yeah...there's that.

Just stop.

Fixed.

I realize that. So, why antagonize someone for not talking football?

Yeah, going to war with you sounds fine. It will give me something to do on days that don't start with Satur. I don't mind being Red Speked. As I've said before, I figure it's a positive to be red on a Sooner board.

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 08:04 PM
Oh and BTW Percy Harvin just dropped a for sure TD pass from Farve.

Ok?

Because I used his success taking direct snaps in the National Championship Game as a reason OU might consider running the Wildcat, you're going to peg me as a Percy Harvin lover?

I really rub you the wrong way, huh?

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:06 PM
Fixed.

I realize that. So, why antagonize someone for not talking football?

Yeah, going to war with you sounds fine. It will give me something to do on days that don't start with Satur. I don't mind being Red Speked. As I've said before, I figure it's a positive to be red on a Sooner board.

You got one of both from me as a warning.

I responded to your post. You didn't like it. Now you want to take shots at me.

Good luck trying to get another 69 posts around here.

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:08 PM
Also...here's another Sooner chiming in on PH.

Harvin might prove to be effective if he'd learn to CATCH THE TD PASS!!!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2685376&postcount=25

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 08:12 PM
I believe in your original response you told me I should never post again.

After I gave an opinion in favor of OU running the Wildcat, citing Percy Harvin as an example of how the Wildcat can be effective.

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:15 PM
You do realize that you started this thread right?

I responded and you started in with some BS about 30,000 posts.

It was constructive criticism.

You don't want to take it...fine.

You think your gonna get by me or any others on this board with posts like your spewing....good luck.

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:17 PM
I believe in your original response you told me I should never post again.

At present...I stand by that comment.

Prove me wrong though.

So far...it isn't happening.

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 08:18 PM
Constructive criticism by telling me that I should never post again after bringing up Percy Harvin?

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:23 PM
yep. That and asking a question you already knew the answer too.

Other folks responded and then you went into this I'm going to try and talk my way out of this...

You should have left it at...

You could have chimed in with your opinion later.

Again...now all your doing is damage control and your failing at that IMHO.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 08:27 PM
I'm in favor of running the wildhorsepig, but against 30,000 post smack.

Does that mean you both are FAIL? :D

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:31 PM
Oh...you wanted to know if i was for running the Wildhorsepig, Bill. Well why didn't ya ask?

Yeah....if it's OK with Tboner.

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 08:35 PM
Constructive criticism by telling me that I should never post again after bringing up Percy Harvin?

Football season sure does bring the idiots out of the woodwork, don't it?

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 08:35 PM
Football season sure does bring the idiots out of the woodwork, don't it?

Is that when you started posting?

Hey-oh!!! :D

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 08:39 PM
Is that when you started posting?

Hey-oh!!! :D

True, True.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 08:46 PM
There has definitely been an uptick in nOObness with football season nearing.

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 08:47 PM
There has definitely been an uptick in nOObness with football season nearing.

SoonerSoph, can you explain this?

:D:D

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe Percy Harvin can.

OU86
8/31/2009, 08:54 PM
Texas sucks.

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 08:55 PM
I didn't mean to break into your "no n00bs allowed club" :D

But seriously, I've been posting here for over a year, and I just wanted to start a discussion about OU running the wildcat this year. Apparently, you're not supposed to comment on the subject in your original post or bring up any players who perform well against OU.

I, like any of you would, did not appreciate being told never to post again after posting no personal attacks at anyone. Which caused me to post a personal attack :O.

I'm a junior now at OU, and have been to every home game since the first game of 2000. So I definitely know my Bob Stoops era football and have never claimed expertise outside of that. I grew up in Norman and am the biggest OU fan I know. I appreciate having a board like this to let loose every once in awhile and talk about OU.

I meant no disrespect to anyone and if I n00b up again let me know. But I'd appreciate it not involving words like wanting me to never post here again.

Gresho Murford
8/31/2009, 08:55 PM
I'm just gonna let the Percy Harvey comment slip as you obviously are just trying to prove you know something about football to obtain the elusive SF.com Street Cred. :D

Thing is this....Since Bob Stoops has been Coach...how many plays like that have you seen him try?

I'm not sure what the percentage of successful plays like that are...but I just having watched every game since he's been here...I'm leaning toward less then 50%.

Given those percentages are in the ballpark...I'd answer your original question with...FAT CHANCE. Bob likes putting in good plays and schooling his opponent. He likes putting up numbers for players who might be in the running for another Heisman also.

You should have stopped your original post here...and then never posted again IMO...

Enjoy the season.

ST

wow...talk about coming off like an ***. Nothing wrong with this thread or the OPs opinion.

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 08:56 PM
Texas sucks.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2466844#post2466844

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 08:57 PM

But seriously, I've been posting here for over a year, and I just wanted to start a discussion about OU running the wildcat this year. Apparently, you're not supposed to comment on the subject in your original post or bring up any players who perform well against OU.

I, like any of you would, did not appreciate being told never to post again after posting no personal attacks at anyone. Which caused me to post a personal attack :O.

I'm a junior now at OU, and have been to every home game since the first game of 2000. So I definitely know my Bob Stoops era football and have never claimed expertise outside of that. I grew up in Norman and am the biggest OU fan I know. I appreciate having a board like this to let loose every once in awhile and talk about OU.

I meant no disrespect to anyone and if I n00b up again let me know. But I'd appreciate it not involving words like wanting me to never post here again.

Ah, it's OK, ST even with his 30,000 posts is still a nOOb too. :D

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:02 PM

;);););)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/BIGTSOFTBALL/Funny%20Pics/Yoda.jpg

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 09:03 PM
Ah, it's OK, ST even with his 30,000 posts is still a nOOb too. :D

You talk perdy. :P :pop: :hot: :D

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:05 PM
You talk perdy. :P :pop: :hot: :D

:eek:

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:09 PM
Now I am not complaining because the lord knows that I LOVE grey spek, but what kind of retarded **** were you trying to say?

spek some here's red

Dan Thompson
8/31/2009, 09:10 PM
I think we should also run the little jump pass that Tebow runs sometimes.

It would have come in handy on the 4 and goal after the run failed on 3 and goal.

Fake the same hand off with Sam running towards the line like Tebow and jump pass to...

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:13 PM
Now I am not complaining because the lord knows that I LOVE grey spek, but what kind of retarded **** were you trying to say?

You got gray spek? Why didn't I get any gray spek? :mad: :(

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 09:13 PM
We did that little shuffle pass up the middle for awhile too.

Our Coaching Staff might surprise us this year with something but my guess is that unless we get in a real tight spot...you won't see very many of them.

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:14 PM
You got gray spek? Why didn't I get any gray spek? :mad: :(

Ask him politely and maybe he will give you some.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:15 PM
We did that little shuffle pass up the middle for awhile too.

Our Coaching Staff might surprise us this year with something but my guess is that unless we get in a real tight spot...you won't see very many of them.

That's when we should have these things for, when we need a little extra something.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:16 PM
Ask him politely and maybe he will give you some.

Wouldn't be the same, if I gotta ask for it I don't want it. :(

StoopTroup
8/31/2009, 09:17 PM
We didn't have a spuddering offense last year though...I doubt we'll have much trouble this year either.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:19 PM
We didn't have a spuddering offense last year though...I doubt we'll have much trouble this year either.

I don't either, but a little trickery when we're in a tight spot and the enemy doesn't expect it is not a bad thing.

Hell, on D-Day we weren't too proud to trick the Germans into thinking we were landing all over the damn place. If Eisenhower can do it Bob can too. ;)

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:22 PM
Yay!!!

I gots me some gray spek! :D

What's the ol saying: ask and you shall receive? ;)

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:25 PM
Yay!!!

I gots me some gray spek! :D

What's the ol saying: ask and you shall receive? ;)

Was there a comment?

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 09:36 PM
CK

I do appreciate all the red spek.

I personally like looking at red more than green :D

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:36 PM
Was there a comment?

Nope, just lovely gray spek.

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:38 PM
Nope, just lovely gray spek.

Rashod Favors just committed.

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:39 PM
CK

I do appreciate all the red spek.

I personally like looking at red more than green :D

No problem, bro. If anyone else wants to join in then go ahead.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:39 PM
Rashod Favors just committed.

I saw that, hope he brings his boy with him. :D

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:41 PM
I saw that, hope he brings his boy with him. :D

I have a feeling that his choice is coming very soon. I can feeeel it.

Gresho Murford
8/31/2009, 09:50 PM
Troup, you are awesome man. Keep the reds coming. Im glad you find the humor in finding every one of my posts and adding to my reputation

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 09:55 PM
Troup, you are awesome man. Keep the reds coming. Im glad you find the humor in finding every one of my posts and adding to my reputation

lol

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 09:59 PM

Damn! You're one stout troll. Already bounced back.

olevetonahill
8/31/2009, 10:00 PM

Ya noticed that did ya ?:D

Gresho Murford
8/31/2009, 10:01 PM

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/31/2009, 10:02 PM
Fixed.

Dear Spelling Champ,

Bertrand Russell.

Just FYI.

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know why I keep waiting to create a troll of my own...:confused:

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 10:08 PM
I don't know why I keep waiting to create a troll of my own...:confused:

Jlew is my troll handle. I'll let you borrow it if you want....

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 10:09 PM
Jlew is my troll handle. I'll let you borrow it if you want....

jlew is your boyfriend, not your troll. :D

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 10:10 PM
jlew is your boyfriend, not your troll. :D

:mad: :mad: :D

Curly Bill
8/31/2009, 10:13 PM
I do have a troll name or two picked out. Just wait until a nOOb shows up that seems like the smartest guy on the board -- that'll be him, er...I mean it. :D

...and he'll be giving the socialists hell, as well as generally raising cane on the FB board.

SoonerSoph
8/31/2009, 10:14 PM
Dear Spelling Champ,

Bertrand Russell.

Just FYI.

http://www.bgassociates.com/images/GMDC%20TOUCHE.jpg

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 10:16 PM
nwdDLlIuXRI

PLaw
9/1/2009, 06:40 AM
So Percy Harvin running wild on our D was a condemnation of Tim Tebow?

If you think that the ball in Sam's hand and five receivers doesn't create a mismatch and freeze LB's, then I suggest you go watch some more game film. Just sayin'.

BOOMER