PDA

View Full Version : Eldridge To Start At Center For BYU

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:35 PM
Jon Cooper: 6'3", 290 lbs
Brody Eldridge: 6'5", 265

Eldridge is 3 inches taller than Cooper, but weighs 25 pounds less. I wonder how much that 25 pounds will effect him.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2009, 12:38 PM
He's a good enough blocker that it might not make as much difference as it appears.

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:39 PM
He should eat Mcdonalds every day this week.

:D

IronHorseSooner
8/30/2009, 12:44 PM
I think it would be more about match-ups. I am not an expert on O-Lines, but Centers generally reach block, and are responsible for getting a read on the Mike LB. Bordy's height and reach might be an advantage there. As far as getting a hat on the Mike LB, his experience at FB and TE will help there. I have also heard that Coop was listed at 290, but due to illness, played at Brody's weight last year. If Brody excels at Center, he will likely try to put on some weight throughout the season to get to about 280. I have no doubt that Brody is smart enough and veteran enough to pick up blitzes and make the line calls.

HolaKyle
8/30/2009, 12:44 PM
Eldridge To Start At Center For BYU

I thought Eldridge played for Oklahoma ;)

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:47 PM
I think it would be more about match-ups. I am not an expert on O-Lines, but Centers generally reach block, and are responsible for getting a read on the Mike LB. Bordy's height and reach might be an advantage there. As far as getting a hat on the Mike LB, his experience at FB and TE will help there. I have also heard that Coop was listed at 290, but due to illness, played at Brody's weight last year. If Brody excels at Center, he will likely try to put on some weight throughout the season to get to about 280. I have no doubt that Brody is smart enough and veteran enough to pick up blitzes and make the line calls.

He is only suppose to start until Ben Habern gets 100%.

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 12:48 PM
who knows, if he does well, he may stay there...

u got linky?

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 12:49 PM
6'5

6'3

wouldn't that be 2 inches?

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 12:52 PM
Question from a BYU fan: Is it concerning to OU fans that you're starting a TE at center, even if he is a good blocker? The BYU O-gline is banged up anyway, and I'm sure you'll win the game, but I'm wondering how comfortable you feel with Eldridge as your starting center.

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:53 PM
who knows, if he does well, he may stay there...

u got linky?

It was an article, but I can't find it now. Ben Habern should get some playing time, but Eldridge will start.

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2009, 12:53 PM
Jon Cooper: 6'3", 290 lbs
Brody Eldridge: 6'5", 265

Eldridge is 3 inches taller than Cooper, but weighs 25 pounds less. I wonder how much that 25 pounds will effect him.

Both those listed weights could be off. That is probably Cooper's highest weight as he wanted NFL teams to take a look and that may be a low weight for Brody to show he can run pass patterns. The real may not be so large :)

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:54 PM
Question from a BYU fan: Is it concerning to OU fans that you're starting a TE at center, even if he is a good blocker? The BYU O-gline is banged up anyway, and I'm sure you'll win the game, but I'm wondering how comfortable you feel with Eldridge as your starting center.

I feel pretty good about it. Brody is arguably the best blocker in the country. The good thing about having a fast center like Eldridge is he can block his man and then run for the linebackers....So I feel pretty good about it, but Ben Habern will eventually be the starter once he gets 100%

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:55 PM
6'5

6'3

wouldn't that be 2 inches?

Maybeee. :D

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 12:56 PM
Both those listed weights could be off. That is probably Cooper's highest weight as he wanted NFL teams to take a look and that may be a low weight for Brody to show he can run pass patterns. The real may not be so large :)

Coopers weight was taken from when he was measured by NFL scouts, so his is legit.

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2009, 01:01 PM
I thought I read last year that Cooper had problems keeping his weight up during the season. I'm sure for the scouts, he had time to get to his max. Regardless, I think it is Cooper's smarts and experience at center that will be missed the most.

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 01:03 PM
i wish my job was to gain weight

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 01:04 PM
I thought I read last year that Cooper had problems keeping his weight up during the season. I'm sure for the scouts, he had time to get to his max. Regardless, I think it is Cooper's smarts and experience at center that will be missed the most.

He was sick.

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 01:12 PM
I heard that the lowest weight Cooper played at was 250, so we should be good.

Lott's Bandana
8/30/2009, 01:26 PM

According to the coaches, Brody is a beast and is relentless in attacking his assignments.

I'm just concerned about the shotgun snaps...we have a history of turning shotgun snaps into howitzer snaps. :(

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 01:27 PM
I can take Brody to eat with me this week. I guarantee you he'd put on a few pounds.

To the BYU fan... NO. Not concerned. I'm actually more concerned about the fact I'm not concerned? Does that even make sense?

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 01:33 PM
One thing you Sooner fans don't lack is confidence, but I guess you've earned it. A recent article title in a Utah paper was:

BYU football: Sooners to give Y. tough test

BYU message board responses were as follows:

1. "Understatement of the century"
2. "Climbing Mt. Everest naked--a tough test."
3. "Winning the tour de france on a BMX a tough test."
4. "Sioux to give Custer a tough test."

I take comfort in my memories of BYU defeating #1 ranked Miami in 1990. Granted that was 19 years ago, the game was at home, and we no longer have Ty Detmer. But it gives me comfort to know that sometimes the unexpected happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YSYAENqkY

starclassic tama
8/30/2009, 01:33 PM
it should definitely be concerning to any sooner fan. i know the coaches know best and are going to do what's right, but in a perfect world you want your young talented center to start and dominate from day one. hopefully it's just due to habern being injured, not just concerns about him being any good.

soonercoug: we are confident, but a lot on this board are far too confident. i don't like playing a team as good as BYU for the first game of the season. i'm not counting on this game being a blowout, OU by 14.

something i didn't think of at first, eldridge at center could make our no-huddle hurry up attack even faster...

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 01:36 PM
concerning that the future at center is missing reps.

But I am not concerned about the BYU game or the season if Eldridge is to stay at center for the rest of the year. I always like to rewatch games and just watch him block. He is a monster. It would be different if the tight end was Hanna or Ratteree, but Eldridge... not worried.

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 01:39 PM
soonercoug: we are confident, but a lot on this board are far too confident. i don't like playing a team as good as BYU for the first game of the season. i'm not counting on this game being a blowout, OU by 14.

I predict OU by 28, but I hope I'm wrong.

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 01:58 PM
it should definitely be concerning to any sooner fan. i know the coaches know best and are going to do what's right, but in a perfect world you want your young talented center to start and dominate from day one. hopefully it's just due to habern being injured, not just concerns about him being any good.

okay I'll take OU -14.5 , bet ?

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 02:00 PM
okay I'll take OU -14.5 , bet ?

If you win he has to leave the board forever!

;) :D

starclassic tama
8/30/2009, 02:01 PM
i don't bet. even if i did it wouldn't be on OU games

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 02:02 PM
i don't bet. even if i did it wouldn't be on OU games

Darn.

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2009, 02:09 PM
soonercoug: we are confident, but a lot on this board are far too confident.

You're dead wrong on this one. Unless there are coaches and players on the board, there is no way to be over confident or overly concerned 'cause it just don't matter. I guess over confidence could cause one of us to drink too much before the game and have a screamin' headache the next day, so yeah.

starclassic tama
8/30/2009, 02:09 PM
i should leave, a board full of CK's and jlews would be REALLY interesting!

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 02:10 PM
tama, lol

IronHorseSooner
8/30/2009, 02:13 PM
I know that in practice, the one guy that Gerald McCoy hates to go against is Brody, and that's coming from the best DT in the nation.

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 02:14 PM
i should leave, a board full of CK's and jlews would be REALLY interesting!

Your red for a reason bud. No one likes you....

:pop:

ThatGuy65
8/30/2009, 02:19 PM
We will beat BYU by at least 4 TDs. They don't have the speed at the skill positions to keep up.

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 02:26 PM
We will beat BYU by at least 4 TDs. They don't have the speed at the skill positions to keep up.

Like I've said before, OU has better athletes, but BYU's athletes are not bad. Our biggest challenge is recruiting good corners. But BYU recruits some very good talent. For example, BYU's current recruiting class is ranked 11th by scout.com and is ahead of schools like USC, Tennessee, Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio State, etc.

I realize that OU is going to win this game, but I get a little tired of ignorance mixed with BCS arrogance.

SoonerSoph
8/30/2009, 02:27 PM

On a Sooner board, why is being red a bad thing?

Just sayin.

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 02:30 PM

Just sayin.

Hmmm

TXBOOMER
8/30/2009, 02:47 PM
I feel pretty good about it. Brody is arguably the best blocker in the country. The good thing about having a fast center like Eldridge is he can block his man and then run for the linebackers....So I feel pretty good about it, but Ben Habern will eventually be the starter once he gets 100%

Agree...But I wish he was at least 285. Mass in the middle is a good thing.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/30/2009, 02:51 PM
I would be more concerned if BYU had a Nebraska like Nose Tackle

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 02:53 PM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/jnitro12/bigboy.jpg

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 02:55 PM

If it counts for anything, our starting nose tackle had a scholarship offer from Nebraska.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/30/2009, 03:01 PM
I didn't say anything about Obese. I am sure Brody could keep his pad level lower than Chunky Soup :P

AlbqSooner
8/30/2009, 04:16 PM
I realize that OU is going to win this game, but I get a little tired of ignorance mixed with BCS arrogance.

While I have no intention of sounding arrogant, I probably will. BCS arrogance is something I can understand you having a problem with. What you detect here is NOT BCS arrogance.

My family got our first television in 1954. I watched Oklahoma on TV's game of the week. The Game of The Week! Not like today where there are more games televised each week than not. That was in the early part of the 47 game winning streak that OU put together. I have watched six OU teams win the National Championship. I have cheered the efforts of 4 Heisman Trophy winners. The number of All Americans produced by OU during my time as an OU fan is substantially over 100; The number of Conference Championships staggering; the number of post season award winners amazing.

Am I, as an OU fan arrogant? You betcha! Does it have anything to do with the BCS? Nope. I just know that when I picked a team to root for some 55 years ago, I picked the best. The guys who have played for OU in the intervening years have made me know that year in and year out, MY team is better than Your team, no matter who you claim as your team.:P :P :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2009, 04:19 PM
Great post!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2009, 04:28 PM

OU has a converted TE starting at RG for the Baltimore Ravens...not really concerned

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 04:30 PM
While I have no intention of sounding arrogant, I probably will. BCS arrogance is something I can understand you having a problem with. What you detect here is NOT BCS arrogance.

My family got our first television in 1954. I watched Oklahoma on TV's game of the week. The Game of The Week! Not like today where there are more games televised each week than not. That was in the early part of the 47 game winning streak that OU put together. I have watched six OU teams win the National Championship. I have cheered the efforts of 4 Heisman Trophy winners. The number of All Americans produced by OU during my time as an OU fan is substantially over 100; The number of Conference Championships staggering; the number of post season award winners amazing.

Am I, as an OU fan arrogant? You betcha! Does it have anything to do with the BCS? Nope. I just know that when I picked a team to root for some 55 years ago, I picked the best. The guys who have played for OU in the intervening years have made me know that year in and year out, MY team is better than Your team, no matter who you claim as your team.:P :P :D

I realize that I'm going to witness the utter destruction of my cougs this week. Congrats on evening up the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQs_ycUOW4c&feature=related

BillyBall
8/30/2009, 05:04 PM
Having Eldridge at center does not bother me, not having Eldridge on the outside does.

OK2U
8/30/2009, 05:12 PM
Having Eldridge at center does not bother me, not having Eldridge on the outside does.

EXACTLY

starclassic tama
8/30/2009, 07:01 PM

considering most of the people on this board, that is a great compliment to me. darwin would be red on this board. our president would be red if he posted on this board.

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 07:02 PM
:cry:

PLaw
8/30/2009, 07:08 PM

Hey, Cougar - I'm comfortable with Brody anywhere as long as he is on the field. He is considered one of the top 2 blockers on the team and will do just fine. If the coaches' don't think he would be fine, then he certainly wouldn't be starting.

Brody is an old fashioned type ball player - get ready for some smash mouth.

BOOMEr

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 07:16 PM
Hey, Cougar - I'm comfortable with Brody anywhere as long as he is on the field. He is considered one of the top 2 blockers on the team and will do just fine. If the coaches' don't think he would be fine, then he certainly wouldn't be starting.

Brody is an old fashioned type ball player - get ready for some smash mouth.

BOOMEr

Then I guess it's a good thing that NT is the deepest position on our team right now. I think three NTs (Russell Tialavea, Romney Fuga, and Tevita Hola) will get playing time. Do you think he'll have no trouble with 310-pound NTs?

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 07:20 PM
Bradford playing Center

htownsooner7
8/30/2009, 07:41 PM
Is this a done deal or can Habern end up actually starting the game after practicing all week?

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 07:41 PM
considering most of the people on this board, that is a great compliment to me. darwin would be red on this board. our president would be red if he posted on this board.

Take a hint maybe?

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 07:42 PM
Is this a done deal or can Habern end up actually starting the game after practicing all week?

Done deal from what I have heard. He should get some playing time though...

Since71ASooner4Life
8/30/2009, 07:54 PM
Then I guess it's a good thing that NT is the deepest position on our team right now. I think three NTs (Russell Tialavea, Romney Fuga, and Tevita Hola) will get playing time. Do you think he'll have no trouble with 310-pound NTs?

Are you referring to the same NT's who are going to spend a lot of time on the field being driven backward all night? I bet by Q3 they're sucking wind worse than Gilbert Brown in the Super Bowl!

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 07:57 PM

I guess we will find out. It will be his first game ever at center.

GKeeper316
8/30/2009, 08:01 PM

he's the only offensive lineman to ever be graded a perfect 100 by the coaching staff evaluating game film.

so we feel pretty solid. brody eldridge is the kind of player you can literally put anywhere on the line and he'll blow up defenses.

starclassic tama
8/30/2009, 09:06 PM
Take a hint maybe?

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 09:09 PM

haha

soonerboy_odanorth
8/30/2009, 09:58 PM
Congrats on evening up the series.

Heh. Nice hollow victory. That '94 disaster we had a true WR starting at QB because of injury and illness. And, it was a bad OU team to begin with. Now OU is at the top of its game, and your Cougs at the top of theirs. NOW let's see where the chips fall. (We have a losing record against Northwestern, for instance. Timing is a beeyotch.)

BTW, I do plan on visiting the Switzer Water Treatment Plant there in Provo someday. After all, it is the most significant football-related facility in the state of Utah.

I am going to enjoy your 3-touchdown+ loss. Tell your wives I said "Hi!". :P :D

CK Sooner
8/30/2009, 10:00 PM
I realize that I'm going to witness the utter destruction of my cougs this week. Congrats on evening up the series.

BYU will never be an elite football program. Get used to it.

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 10:36 PM
Heh. Nice hollow victory. That '94 disaster we had a true WR starting at QB because of injury and illness. And, it was a bad OU team to begin with. Now OU is at the top of its game, and your Cougs at the top of theirs. NOW let's see where the chips fall. (We have a losing record against Northwestern, for instance. Timing is a beeyotch.)

BTW, I do plan on visiting the Switzer Water Treatment Plant there in Provo someday. After all, it is the most significant football-related facility in the state of Utah.

The early 90s weren't exactly BYU's glory years either.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2009, 10:45 PM

I forgot (or repressed the memory of our QB situation for that game). That team quit about halfway through the season. Taking nothing away from BYU as they whipped us good that night, but that was not much of a team that we put on the field that night.

o0Dan0o
8/30/2009, 10:45 PM

Just sayin.

Red, not crimson, right?

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 10:56 PM
BYU will never be an elite football program. Get used to it.

Oh well. At least BYU is ranked 31 spots ahead of OU in academics by US News--America's Best Colleges, despite the fact that BYU doesn't completely disclose its financial resources. I wouldn't trade that for a better football team.

But Saturday is going to be very, very painful for me. I will probably shed tears.

ouwasp
8/30/2009, 11:14 PM
OU could beat BYU by 50, hang Joseph Smith in effigy, have the band hand their liquor out to the crowd, and I'd still be mad at the debacle of '84. Has there ever been a less deserving mnc in modern times? The only good to come out of OU's loss to UW was the fact our quest for a championship became moot.

Back to the topic... my concern is the health of Habern. What's taking him so long to heal?

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 11:18 PM
OU could beat BYU by 50, hang Joseph Smith in effigy, have the band hand their liquor out to the crowd, and I'd still be mad at the debacle of '84. Has there ever been a less deserving mnc in modern times? The only good to come out of OU's loss to UW was the fact our quest for a championship became moot.

Back to the topic... my concern is the health of Habern. What's taking him so long to heal?

"hang Joseph Smith in effigy."

People like you make me so proud that I am not a Sooner fan. I'd much rather be on the losing side of a football game than be a mean person.

Hell, I'm a Mormon agnostic. I don't really even believe in God, but I would never mock another person's religion.

ouwasp
8/30/2009, 11:30 PM
"hang Joseph Smith in effigy."

People like you make me so proud that I am not a Sooner fan. I'd much rather be on the losing side of a football game than be a mean person.

Hell, I'm a Mormon agnostic. I don't really even believe in God, but I would never mock another person's religion.

my apologies for being so flippant.

Octavian
8/30/2009, 11:31 PM
Coug, don't let some of em bother you. It's been a long off-season and you're the first one up.

The fact of the matter is...BYU is a really good program and you're well respected around the country...more so than many BCS programs in fact. Last non-BCS school to win a NC....a history of great quarterbacks. A lot recent success. Some media outlets are predicting this will be your only loss of the year. There's more than one reason why the match-up appealed to the OU administration.

It'll be a good test for us in the opening week -- good coaching staff....and a pass-happy offense with a veteran QB at the helm. And we're away from Norman...which means a whole lot if you look at Bob's record in Norman over the course of a decade (ie. only 2 of the 24 Stoops losses have come at home).

As far as Brody goes, it's not an ideal situation or he'd have been there from the start. But it is what it is and things like this happen. He's regarded by the staff as probably the best blocker they've ever coached here. On the other hand, he's obviously much smaller than you'd expect us to start at the C position. However, it does help to have Sam Bradford and that many returning weapons at the skill positions. We'll see. Should be a fun game.

It takes some stones to think your team is about to get donkey-stomped....but then go ahead and register on that opponent's board anyway and discuss the matter. And you haven't flamed away either. So...welcome.

All that said, we do expect to crush you. If you're not that familiar with this fanbase....we expect to crush everyone.

BoomerJ
8/30/2009, 11:36 PM
Mormon agnostic, how exactly does that work? And I'm not trying to be a mean person here. Just confused.

Also, SoonerCoug, you have to remember that most of what you read on this board is tongue and cheek...don't take it too personal.

boomersooner28
8/30/2009, 11:43 PM
We really should have a sarcasm font. :D

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 11:43 PM
Mormon agnostic, how exactly does that work? And I'm not trying to be a mean person here. Just confused.

Also, SoonerCoug, you have to remember that most of what you read on this board is tongue and cheek...don't take it too personal.

I really like a lot of things about Mormonism and Mormon culture, but I'm a skeptic about religions in general. I like the fact that most Mormons are kind people who value education and try to have a wholesome life. (Of course, there are always exceptions.) I grew up in a pretty secular Mormon household, and I value my heritage. Mormonism isn't just a church on Sunday--it's a culture. I also think certain things in Mormon history are shameful (polygamy in the 1800s, etc), but I'm glad about the progress that has been made. I hope more progress will be made.

Does that make sense?

Wishboned
8/30/2009, 11:44 PM

From his policies I've got a feeling our president is Red whether he posts on this board or not.

BoomerJ
8/30/2009, 11:45 PM
Back to the matter of the center position, I thought Habern's back was OK. If he's not 100%, how close....Deano?....Anyone?

BoomerJ
8/30/2009, 11:55 PM
I really like a lot of things about Mormonism and Mormon culture, but I'm a skeptic about religions in general. I like the fact that most Mormons are kind people who value education and try to have a wholesome life. (Of course, there are always exceptions.) I grew up in a pretty secular Mormon household, and I value my heritage. Mormonism isn't just a church on Sunday--it's a culture. I also think certain things in Mormon history are shameful (polygamy in the 1800s, etc), but I'm glad about the progress that has been made. I hope more progress will be made.

Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. I'm a Christian and I don't like a lot of things about Religion.

SoonerCoug
8/31/2009, 12:12 AM
Yes, it makes sense. I'm a Christian and I don't like a lot of things about Religion.

I think people in these parts use the word "religion" a little differently than people the intermountain west, but OK. I use it to refer to a set of beliefs or philosophies about spiritual things that cannot be seen or proven.

En_Fuego
8/31/2009, 12:50 AM
BIG LOVE ?

olevetonahill
8/31/2009, 01:25 AM

Just sayin.

Enjoy ;)

olevetonahill
8/31/2009, 01:29 AM

No hes Black
Pay tention
:rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
8/31/2009, 03:22 AM
Man, I still think the coaching staff is trying to light a fire under Haberns A**. Brody is said to get the start, but I promise all of the o-line we have will be rotated through. I even heard Good wasn't getting the start, that J. Jones was getting it instead.

MI Sooner
8/31/2009, 06:29 AM
If I recall, Stoops has referred to Elridge as "our best player," and he or others have referred to him as "our best blocker."

I was actually more concerned when I heard that and found out the guy they were talking about only played ~25% of the snaps. If he's really our best player, I want him on the field.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2009, 07:06 AM
According to this report Good is starting @ center.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090831_231_B8_bLines469663

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
Published: 8/31/2009 4:49 AM
Last Modified: 8/31/2009 4:54 AM

Line shaping up: Ben Habern apparently missed enough time in the preseason with a sore back that Stephen Good will start at center against BYU. That leaves Jarvis Jones starting at right guard. coaches have gushed about both so far. Trent Williams is ideal at left tackle, and Brian Simmons has played well enough over the last two years to stand out at left guard. Big question: is Cory Brandon ready to start at right tackle?

htownsooner7
8/31/2009, 07:41 AM
Well, who the heck is starting at center?

As a side note, this move to center for Eldridge $ay really help down the line in the NFL. As a blocking tight end, and he is a good one, Eldridge would have a tough time making an NFL team. As a center who moves that well, he could be a real asset, and a have a rare skill set. Perfect for zone blocking schemes like the Texans, etc..

gaylordfan1
8/31/2009, 07:41 AM
Who knows, I guess we will just have to wait. All the names mentioned including the 2 and maybe 3 deep will get significant playing time. If for anything else to see who's nuts have dropped and who really wants to play! Can't wait......

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 08:02 AM
Kevin Wilson said in a recent video that Eldridge was going to start, so I have no idea.

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/31/2009, 08:28 AM
Kevin Wilson said in a recent video that Eldridge was going to start, so I have no idea.

So what your saying is all we have to do is win out and we will be ok?

SoonersEnFuego
8/31/2009, 08:44 AM
OU has a converted TE starting at RG for the Baltimore Ravens...not really concerned
Excellent point!!! :D :cool:

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 09:37 AM
This Post is on a rollercoaster ride, this is about FOOTBALL isn't it?? Not about politics or religion.. Regardless of who starts at center..whoever it is they will have to know the plays who to identify as the Mike, the indentification of the defense, must have a quick first two steps, maintain blocks, and never loaf.. So considering that we have a pretty good coaching staff whoever they put out there to take the first offensive snap against BYU on Sept. 5th @ center will be a good one capable of handling all of the responsibilities and assingments that come with it.

Jello Biafra
8/31/2009, 09:42 AM
all you really need to know about center is that 90% of our runs will not be up the middle and by that fact whomever is playing center wil not really need to drive anyone out of the hole. he will simply need to seal block. we will be fine there until one of two things happen. the true center starting center steps in, or eldridge gains about 20 more lbs. a 6'5" 280 center 9 times out of 10 will be a stud for you. big enough to block a ng and quick enough to seal him or a LB.

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 10:15 AM
Brody WILL start according to Soonersports.com http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 10:17 AM
Stephen Good lost the starting nod to Jarvis Jones too, look like hes the back up to B. Simmons

Offense
LT 71 Trent Williams Sr. 6-5 318
79 Jeff Vinson Jr. 6-8 350
LG 74 Brian Simmons Sr. 6-4 318
77 Stephen Good So. 6-6 291
C 83 Brody Eldridge Sr. 6-5 265
61 Ben Habern Fr. 6-3 288
RG 76 Jarvis Jones So. 6-7 297
75 Tyler Evans Fr. 6-5 280
RT 70 Cory Brandon Jr. 6-7 310
73 Josh Aladenoye Fr. 6-5 342
TE 18 Jermaine Gresham Sr. 6-6 258
47 Trent Ratterree So. 6-3 225
WR 80 Adron Tennell Sr. 6-4 199
24 Dejuan Miller So. 6-4 224
WR 8 Brandon Caleb Jr. 6-1 187
6 Cameron Kenney Jr. 6-1 190
SL 85 Ryan Broyles So. 5-11 178
17 Mossis Madu Jr. 6-0 200
QB 14 Sam Bradford Jr. 6-4 223
12 Landry Jones RFr. 6-4 216
FB 34 Matt Clapp Sr. 6-2 246
48 Brandon Crow Jr. 6-1 221
RB 29 Chris Brown Sr. 5-10 200
7 DeMarco Murray Jr. 6-1 214
Defense
DE 44 Jeremy Beal Jr. 6-3 261
90 David King or RFr. 6-5 236
91 R.J. Washington RFr. 6-3 247
NG 86 Adrian Taylor Jr. 6-4 291
53 Casey Walker RFr. 6-0 302
DT 93 Gerald McCoy Jr. 6-4 297
89 Cordero Moore Sr. 6-2 310
DE 33 Auston English Sr. 6-3 251
84 Frank Alexander So. 6-4 259
SLB 22 Keenan Clayton Sr. 6-1 221
5 Joseph Ibiloye RFr. 6-3 208
MLB 4 Ryan Reynolds Sr. 6-2 225
10 Mike Balogun Sr. 6-0 247
WLB 28 Travis Lewis So. 6-2 232
12 Austin Box So. 6-2 220
FCB 1 Dominique Franks Jr. 6-0 192
32 Jamell Fleming So. 5-11 178
SS 27 Sam Proctor So. 6-0 208
30 Javon Harris Fr. 5-11 196
FS 20 Quinton Carter Jr. 6-1 193
13 Marcus Trice Fr. 5-8 178
BCB 2 Brian Jackson Sr. 6-1 200
19 Demontre Hurst Fr. 5-9 165

Special Teams
K 17 Jimmy Stevens So. 5-6 159
36 Tress Way R-Fr. 6-1 215
KO 37 Matt Moreland Jr. 6-2 206
36 Tress Way R-Fr. 6-1 215
P 36 Tress Way R-Fr. 6-1 215
KR 1 Dominique Franks Jr. 6-0 192
17 Mossis Madu Jr. 6-0 200
KR 85 Ryan Broyles So. 5-11 178
PR 1 Dominique Franks Jr. 6-0 192
85 Ryan Broyles So. 5-11 178
H 81 Carter Whitson Sr. 5-11 185
5 John Nimmo Jr. 6-2 208
DS-P 52 Derek Shaw Sr. 6-0 222
63 Ben Hampton Sr. 6-3 237
DS-K 63 Ben Hampton Sr. 6-3 237
52 Derek Shaw Sr. 6-0 222

BoulderSooner79
8/31/2009, 10:23 AM
Interesting - Broyles back at slot receiver.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2009, 10:26 AM
Why is Broyles in the slot?

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2009, 10:28 AM
Ibiloye second team slb? this depth chart looks weird.

LawtonBoy74
8/31/2009, 11:11 AM
Broyles will be good at the slot and Ibiloye is following in Keenans footprints.. My question is what the hell happened to #21 J.R. Bryant

IslandSooner
8/31/2009, 11:23 AM
Balogun?

CK Sooner
8/31/2009, 12:52 PM
Jarvis Jones beating out Stephen Good is.....surprising...