PDA

View Full Version : Inadvertent Calls or Text???

Intown
8/28/2009, 11:14 PM
Any ideas if anything will come of the recent reports

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4430129

Crimson_Balls
8/28/2009, 11:17 PM
****!

Salt City Sooner
8/28/2009, 11:24 PM
Guess Sherri should've been driving when she sent that one. She'd have gotten off scot-free.

batonrougesooner
8/28/2009, 11:37 PM
omg

Crimson_Balls
8/28/2009, 11:39 PM
does this mean that we get put on probation and taken off TV since Kelvin Sampson had the same infraction at OU?

picasso
8/29/2009, 12:07 AM
does this mean that we get put on probation and taken off TV since Kelvin Sampson had the same infraction at OU?

no. from reading other boards this is a minor thing. eh.

SoonerKnight
8/29/2009, 12:21 AM
not the same:

In addition to the Gordon incident, Sampson has been in the middle of a number of other controversies. Under Sampson's watch, Oklahoma was placed under a three-year investigation by the NCAA for recruiting violations. At the end of the their investigation, the NCAA issued a report citing more than 550 illegal calls made by Sampson and his staff to 17 different recruits. The NCAA barred Sampson from recruiting off campus and making phone calls for one year, ending May 24, 2007.[5]

colinreturn
8/29/2009, 01:41 AM
ive been reading around, and this seems very very minor. and to add to that OU reported themselves to the NCAA.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2009, 01:48 AM
ive been reading around, and this seems very very minor. and to add to that OU reported themselves to the NCAA.

I agree that it probably won't lead to anything, but the bolded part hasn't exactly done us much good in the past.

sooner59
8/29/2009, 01:53 AM
You would think that after everything that our athletics program has gone through, our coaches should just flat out know better. I'm really getting tired of this.

SoonerKnight
8/29/2009, 02:31 AM
Accident! Seriously I gave Stoops the wrong number! :O

beer4me
8/29/2009, 04:27 AM
Geeze will this stuff ever stop:mad:

OU_Sooners75
8/29/2009, 08:37 AM
I remember when I was a Sophomore in high school, Kansas State's football team sending me stuff.

What the hell?

Some of the rules are BS and over done.

I am waiting for the day that anti-trust rules in on the NCAA!

Leroy Lizard
8/29/2009, 12:16 PM
Rules are rules.

I think the NCAA should spell out the punishment, something like:

"If self-reported by [date], the NCAA will consider the incident inadvertent and institute a ban on further contact with the involved recruit. If reported after [date], the incident will be considered a violation of NCAA rules, with punishment assessed accordingly."

The recruit can still sign with the program, but the school cannot contact him any longer.

CK Sooner
8/29/2009, 12:38 PM
Not a biggy. You know how many secondaries that Tennessee has reported?

Lott's Bandana
8/29/2009, 12:38 PM
These incidents are minor and don't come under the umbrelly of:

LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL

Dan Thompson
8/29/2009, 01:30 PM
Let's all start asking the NCAA what is 'progress' of the Reggie Bush and USC investigation.

Feds should be after them also as they probably did not include the money as income on their taxes. California could sure use some money right now, so maybe they should investigate also.

HolaKyle
8/29/2009, 02:06 PM
I love how it seems like we are one of the only responsible schools. We self report. When players break the rules, we kick them off the team. Lesser schools would not take action for either one.

The frightening part about it all is if we are being responsible, you would hope it would help us get brownie points with the NCAA. I would hate to see how they would act towards Oklahoma if we didn't report these things.

Rhino
8/29/2009, 10:41 PM
tiny text for tiny violations

Soonerfan88
8/29/2009, 11:24 PM
EVERY school has issues like this and send in these minor incident reports all the time. The only reason we hear about OU's minor infractions so much is that someone is filing FOIA requests for any and all documentation between OU & the NCAA. Who is doing it is wide open because every so-called journalist in this state, not just the aggie supporters, loves to write about OU cheating, valid or not.

Lane Kiffin has pissed off everyone in the SEC so they are also constantly filing and reporting each little thing he does (not that he isn't an idiot).

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 11:11 AM
if a recruit is on campus, and its raining, "Stoops" can not drive that kid around

all the rules are just retarded

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/30/2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah or the my Dad is rich and wants to buy me a nice apartment where the media won't bother him but he can't let a teammate stay with him because that is an illegal gift from other said player's father

SoonerAtKU
8/31/2009, 10:23 AM
He can't let a teammate stay with him and not pay his fair share of the rent, yeah. Otherwise, why don't we put Bill Gates on the roster, let him buy an apartment complex and let the whole team stay there rent-free!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/31/2009, 06:03 PM
Because 1. Bill Gates would not have eligibility. 2. Buying one apartment room is a lot different than buying a complex.

The Matt Lienert and whoever the WR thing was completely silly.