PDA

View Full Version : LAS are you a mod here now?

usmc-sooner
8/28/2009, 07:51 PM
just asking

batonrougesooner
8/28/2009, 07:51 PM
I think he's more to the left.

usmc-sooner
8/28/2009, 07:57 PM
well the last time I posted here he was a conservative republican

LosAngelesSooner
8/28/2009, 08:56 PM
Am I a moderator? No.

Am I a moderate? Yes.

Am I a conservative republican? No.

Am I a dirty lib? No.

CK Sooner
8/28/2009, 08:56 PM
I would vote for LAS to be a mod.

usmc-sooner
8/28/2009, 08:59 PM
so can I ask you a honest question?

With President Obama sending more troops out, spending more money,

Do you feel he's doing a good job. I don't but I realize that's who the people wanted.

LosAngelesSooner
8/28/2009, 09:00 PM
Wait...are you asking ME that?

usmc-sooner
8/28/2009, 09:01 PM
yeah

LosAngelesSooner
8/28/2009, 09:09 PM
Weird.

Well...first of all, I was backing McCain throughout the election. Let's get that point straight.

Secondly, I have several problems with things he's done so far in his administration, but I'm even more annoyed at the "opposition party" mentality that many "republicans" in power have taken and the "let's believe every crazy thing we can about da debbil Maobama" that the far right wingnut fringers have taken upon themselves. I think it's intellectually lazy and dishonest and downright annoying.

His spending bugs me. I don't know yet if it helped stop the recession that was looming...and we may never know, but I hate deficit spending and I am not sure that what he did was the right way to approach the huge problem that President Bush left him.

I'm glad he's pulling up out of Iraq and refocusing on Afghanistan. I'm glad he's paring down unnecessary spending in the military and focusing it on weapons systems that are working.

I'm not happy at the amount of Presidential post positions that he has yet to fill. That's sucking big time.

I am VERY unhappy at his stance on gay rights. He's really betrayed a bunch of his constituents on those issues and failed to follow through on strong promises he made during the election.

I haven't been happy at how much he's caved on some of his campaign promises, but that's typical politician stuff...it just annoys me no matter who wins, I guess.

I'm happy that he's tackling health care reform (which I believe we totally need) though I'm not 100% sure that his fix is gonna be the one we ultimately end up with. I'm sure it'll be tweaked for decades to come.

I'm happy with his efforts on green initiatives.

I'm happy with his concentration on foreign policy and diplomacy vs. cowboy diplomacy that ruled the previous administration.

I'm happy at his ability to admit when he makes mistakes...for the most part.

I'm happy that he's not being vindictive and going full bull after President Bush.

I am glad he seems to be pissing off as many Democrats and he is Republicans. That's usually a good sign.

So right now, as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out.

But unless the "republicans" in power can resume being Republicans and find some belief/platform other than "Obama Scary! Must oppose!!!!" then they are heading for another hard defeat in 2010 and 2012.

That's a very, very basic and "drive by" statement on how I feel about stuff so far.

Turd_Ferguson
8/28/2009, 09:21 PM
Who was the last Republican that you consider a real Republican?

KABOOKIE
8/28/2009, 09:24 PM
Oblama is making GW look like a financial tight wad.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2009, 09:24 PM
Abraham Lincoln

usmc-sooner
8/28/2009, 09:30 PM
I think everything they bitched about Bush is 10X worse with the President Obama

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah but he has 3 more years...give him a chance at least ;)

Sooner98
8/28/2009, 09:49 PM
GTG, both your sig and avatar are mesmerizing.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2009, 09:58 PM
Wait until Gameday when they help crash the board ;)

OULenexaman
8/28/2009, 10:03 PM
LAS confuse me. Me confused by him...interesting person though...;)

StoopTroup
8/28/2009, 10:10 PM
Weird.

Well...first of all, I was backing McCain throughout the election. Let's get that point straight.

Secondly, I have several problems with things he's done so far in his administration, but I'm even more annoyed at the "opposition party" mentality that many "republicans" in power have taken and the "let's believe every crazy thing we can about da debbil Maobama" that the far right wingnut fringers have taken upon themselves. I think it's intellectually lazy and dishonest and downright annoying.

His spending bugs me. I don't know yet if it helped stop the recession that was looming...and we may never know, but I hate deficit spending and I am not sure that what he did was the right way to approach the huge problem that President Bush left him.

I'm glad he's pulling up out of Iraq and refocusing on Afghanistan. I'm glad he's paring down unnecessary spending in the military and focusing it on weapons systems that are working.

I'm not happy at the amount of Presidential post positions that he has yet to fill. That's sucking big time.

I am VERY unhappy at his stance on gay rights. He's really betrayed a bunch of his constituents on those issues and failed to follow through on strong promises he made during the election.

I haven't been happy at how much he's caved on some of his campaign promises, but that's typical politician stuff...it just annoys me no matter who wins, I guess.

I'm happy that he's tackling health care reform (which I believe we totally need) though I'm not 100% sure that his fix is gonna be the one we ultimately end up with. I'm sure it'll be tweaked for decades to come.

I'm happy with his efforts on green initiatives.

I'm happy with his concentration on foreign policy and diplomacy vs. cowboy diplomacy that ruled the previous administration.

I'm happy at his ability to admit when he makes mistakes...for the most part.

I'm happy that he's not being vindictive and going full bull after President Bush.

I am glad he seems to be pissing off as many Democrats and he is Republicans. That's usually a good sign.

So right now, as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out.

But unless the "republicans" in power can resume being Republicans and find some belief/platform other than "Obama Scary! Must oppose!!!!" then they are heading for another hard defeat in 2010 and 2012.

That's a very, very basic and "drive by" statement on how I feel about stuff so far.

Listen....

We have rules here. It's not right to steal someones password then post **** like that. Log out and don't ever speak for LAS again.

You've been warned.

Post Reported.

:D

LosAngelesSooner
8/28/2009, 11:31 PM
Heh. :D

OKLA21FAN
8/28/2009, 11:34 PM
LAS is my hero

LosAngelesSooner
8/28/2009, 11:34 PM
Who was the last Republican that you consider a real Republican?
Reagan was on the verge, but he did quite a few things I disagree with.

I really liked Nixon despite all of the "lying under oath" and "spying on his opponents" stuff. His policies were pretty derned good.

I really liked Goldwater a lot.

And Bill Clinton was a pretty damned good Republican. :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2009, 04:34 AM
What...nothin'? ;)

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 07:22 AM
I liked Bill Clinton much better once he left the Whitehouse for the last time. Same for GWB.

I think someone need to tell Dick Cheney he needs to quit showing up to go to work though. Poor guy. I bet he needs a hug.

OUHOMER
8/29/2009, 08:11 AM
I can agree with most of LAS comments on Obama.
i think everyone can agree that something needs to be done to control health cost and get more folks covered.

i am just not in favor of government run anything. I know every time i have had to deal with government run programs, they are confusing, too much red tape, most of the folks that work in these departments are over whelmed.

ok thats enough of that