PDA

View Full Version : Its in the Air

Boomer38Sooner
8/28/2009, 03:28 PM
So today, as I'm walking to my car after school, something just felt different. The air and the way the sun shined just gave me this awesome feeling that college football is near. I got the butterflies and all i could think of was just the atmosphere of college football. I thought I would share this with you guys. Has anyone felt the same way?

JLEW1818
8/28/2009, 03:28 PM
i know exactly what u mean

Jello Biafra
8/28/2009, 03:31 PM
i smelled it when i got in the truck to go to work this morning. dew on the grass, a tad chilly (not much) sun wasn't quite so bright. the ONLY thing i miss about living in illinois. there is a true and obvious fall there. love it when its cool (not cold)

course, maybe the dew on the grass was the fact that vet may have found his way to my house and pissed on my front lawn.

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 03:31 PM
Yes! Had the same feeling today when I was mowing my lawn! The air does seem different.... the grass does seems greener....this just feels right.

JLEW1818
8/28/2009, 03:32 PM
It's Time

swardboy
The mornings will be in the 50's in a couple of days here in sw Missouri....I'll have it bad then!!!

Jello Biafra
Yes! Had the same feeling today when I was mowing my lawn! The air does seem different.... the grass does seems greener....this just feels right.

course we have had about 72.3 inches of rain in the last 2 weeks lol.

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 03:35 PM
course we have had about 72.3 inches of rain in the last 2 weeks lol.

What? You mean the Sooner's didn't do this to my lawn? I wonder what else I don't know.....:confused:

ouduckhunter
8/28/2009, 03:37 PM
It was 52 a couple of mornings ago. It was cool and crisp and felt just like football weather.

PLaw
8/28/2009, 03:38 PM
I woke up in Phoenix this morning with the stadium where good teams go to die filling my hotel window. No, I didn't feel it.

But, when the plane landed at DFW and I got to my pickup, it was definitely in the air.

It's time for a little cougar meat!!

BOOMER

fadada1
8/28/2009, 06:30 PM
can't wait. i'm working next saturday right up until gametime. i'll be a mess all day.

it's here, folks!!!

stoopified
8/28/2009, 06:39 PM
I think the FOOTBALL Weather is what triggered my preseason butterflies.

josh09
8/28/2009, 07:32 PM
So today, as I'm walking to my car after school, something just felt different. The air and the way the sun shined just gave me this awesome feeling that college football is near. I got the butterflies and all i could think of was just the atmosphere of college football. I thought I would share this with you guys. Has anyone felt the same way?

Every morning, I wake up in Walker, stretch, get out of bed, and open up the blinds. And there, staring me in the face, is the stadium. It seems to announce to me, every morning without hesitation, that college football season draws ever closer, and it sends shivers down my spine knowing that in just one weeks time, the team that calls that stadium home will be on the football field, and in only two weeks, I will accompany the team to that very stadium and cheer them onto victory, and hopefully National Championship number 8.

Sorry, I felt like this has been on my heart for the past few days. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/28/2009, 09:16 PM
Its in the Air

Based on that thread title I thought the whorns already had a plane flying.

PurcellSooner23
8/28/2009, 09:28 PM
As I watched my son's 7th grade practice this morning I was overcome with the fact that ....Thank God it's FOOTBALL season and all is right with the world!!

sooner518
8/28/2009, 10:07 PM
my girlfriend got mad at me for singing "Its the most wonderful time of the year" the other day. she said it was sacrilegious! ridiculous!

man the weather was nice tonight in Dallas. ALMOST feels like football. When its cold enough that I can make chili, THEN its football season

picasso
8/29/2009, 12:08 AM
could be gas.

yankee
8/29/2009, 01:01 AM

BWAHAHAHAHA!

beer4me
8/29/2009, 05:06 AM
my girlfriend got mad at me for singing "Its the most wonderful time of the year" the other day. she said it was sacrilegious! ridiculous!

man the weather was nice tonight in Dallas. ALMOST feels like football. When its cold enough that I can make chili, THEN its football season

That is exactly what I was thinking a couple of days ago went to work early in the morning and it was about 63 degrees and thought OU football and Chili season. Life don't get any better than that:D

beer4me
8/29/2009, 05:07 AM

Oh geeze Cru that cracked me up:D

JLEW1818
8/29/2009, 11:04 AM
today is already going by to slow

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 11:30 AM

I was in a wheel chair since leaving phlorida last January.

I have suddenly been Born Again and can run and drink beer. :pop:

gaylordfan1
8/29/2009, 11:32 AM

Good for you brotha! Nobody should EVER have to go without beer! Who wants to run anyways?

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 11:34 AM
Good for you brotha! Nobody should EVER have to go without beer! Who wants to run anyways?

Well...if you know there's only one beer left in the fridge and you see your Wife making a move towards the kitchen...you may need to run. :D

gaylordfan1
8/29/2009, 11:37 AM
Nice... I see your point. Thats when your suppose to say "Now honey, open that beer and give it to me NOW!"

beer4me
8/29/2009, 12:22 PM

So your saying tboner came and laid hands on you http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/winking/winking0017.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

finster
8/29/2009, 04:18 PM
Next Thursday night it's Oregon on a blue field,Put a disco ball at Jerry world level, And it's in the air like Woodstock on the brown acid.

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 05:44 PM
So your saying tboner came and laid hands on you http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/winking/winking0017.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

I wouldn't let that tent revivalin' fake near me. :pop: