PDA

View Full Version : Do you get preseason/pregame butterflies?

stoopified
8/28/2009, 02:13 PM
Or is it just me? I have always gotten pregame butterflies dating back to when I played football through my years as a Sooner fan.I have also noticed in the last few days I seem to have preseason butterflies this year.I have dealt with pregame butterflies pretty much every game,every year.In my playing days they were gone after the first contact.As a fan they leave me when we get control of the game.This preseason anxiety is new to me,I hope it leaves after the BYU kickoff.Lets play some football.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/28/2009, 02:16 PM
I dont relax in a game until OU gets up by at least 21....

as a player I didn't relax til we was up by 14

olevetonahill
8/28/2009, 02:16 PM
Not Butterflies , But I do get the Tinglies all over :D

SoonerPr8r
8/28/2009, 02:19 PM
Thought I was the only one...

TahoeSOONER
8/28/2009, 02:19 PM
I've got them bad this year! I was at half moon bay over the weekend trying to get football out of my head. I usually settle after we get the game in hand but I'm so damn excited about this years team it's hard to keep my emotions in check. The preseason anxiety only means you care and it's only a matter of making Hall see the underside of a huge jumbotron a few times to settle me into a long, championship run.

goingoneight
8/28/2009, 02:26 PM
I was shockingly calm ALL year long last season until the 4th quarter against Florida. We had the game won if we just executed and put it in the endzone after holding UF to 17... then Iglesias bobbled a perfect ball up for grabs and the wheels fell off both offensively and defensively.
I turned the game off after Tebow punked Nic Harris with his little gator chomp crap. It was just too much after that and hearing Thom Brenaman gush over Tebow after that when they had already iced it 24-14.
"That might have been the first bad thing Tebow's EVER DONE!" :mad:
"Dominique Franks blah-blah-blah... Tim Tebow sure showed him!" :mad:

Dom said Tebow was probably the 4th best BIG 12 QB if he was in the BIG 12. Now, go back and look at the numbers. Colt, Robinson, Daniel and Reesing all had better performances than did Tebow against OU's defense. Florida won... maybe Dom should have been quiet, but Tebow didn't do anything that Colt McCoy, Cody Hawkins and Graham Harrell didn't do in recent years by just executing and being the QB of the winning team.

RedstickSooner
8/28/2009, 02:27 PM
Every season, before the season starts, I get this dream where I suddenly realize on a Saturday that I'm missing the game -- hurriedly run in and tune in, game's halfway over, and we end up losing.

For whatever reason, I haven't had my traditional dream this year. Apparently, my brain isn't ready for football season. Weird.

Collier11
8/28/2009, 02:40 PM
I havent slept more than 4 or 5 hours a night all week, I cant imagine how bad next week will be

And I get big time pregame jitters, just like back in my playin days

BoulderSooner79
8/28/2009, 02:58 PM
Every season, before the season starts, I get this dream where I suddenly realize on a Saturday that I'm missing the game -- hurriedly run in and tune in, game's halfway over, and we end up losing.

For whatever reason, I haven't had my traditional dream this year. Apparently, my brain isn't ready for football season. Weird.

... and you realize you're naked.

And even worse; nobody notices. :eek:

Jello Biafra
8/28/2009, 03:15 PM
I havent slept more than 4 or 5 hours a night all week, I cant imagine how bad next week will be

And I get big time pregame jitters, just like back in my playin days

speaking as a lineman, pre game buffets always helped me ;)

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 03:22 PM
I drown my butterflies with alcohol..... They never have a chance!

ouwapiti
8/28/2009, 03:25 PM
worst butterflies i ever had was for '71 OU vs nu..worse yet was i only got to watch the 1st half of the game

JLEW1818
8/28/2009, 03:26 PM
I'm nervous when we are on the road.

Jello Biafra
8/28/2009, 03:28 PM
I'm nervous when we are on the road.

IM nervous when you're on the road.

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 03:29 PM
Honestly, my only anxiety comes when I think of people getting injured... or when a player gets up slowly! Bradford at TTU... I crapped my crimson colored leather pants!

JLEW1818
8/28/2009, 03:31 PM
i still aint recovered from that injury

Jello Biafra
8/28/2009, 03:34 PM
I crapped my crimson colored leather pants!

THIS ^^^^ explains some stuff about you ;)

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 03:37 PM
They do get pretty sweaty...

PLaw
8/28/2009, 03:45 PM
I've got them bad this year! I was at half moon bay over the weekend trying to get football out of my head. I usually settle after we get the game in hand but I'm so damn excited about this years team it's hard to keep my emotions in check. The preseason anxiety only means you care and it's only a matter of making Hall see the underside of a huge jumbotron a few times to settle me into a long, championship run.

You can lose alot at HMB - but SOONER FOOTBALL?? NEVER EVER.

BOOMER

PLaw
8/28/2009, 03:47 PM
Major, need to puke, butterflies before every Cotton Bowl clash and some BIG games (like Nebbish used to be when we played them every year for all of the marbles).

BOOMER

PLaw
8/28/2009, 03:49 PM
worst butterflies i ever had was for '71 OU vs nu..worse yet was i only got to watch the 1st half of the game

My first SOONER game to attend. Got in on Sherriff's dept passes and heard some new words in the student section every time Nebbish scored.

BOOMER

sooneron
8/28/2009, 03:56 PM
yes

tigepilot
8/28/2009, 05:20 PM
The only butterflies I've ever felt in my life were before games I played in myself.

I'm a nervous wreck just before and during OU games but I don't ever remember getting the butterflies.

sooner59
8/28/2009, 06:06 PM
I'm a nervous wreck before games away from Owen Field. I get excited goosebumps when we play big games at home. I become a big critic when we play cupcakes at home because I know we are going to win....I just want us to play well and not just go through the motions.

stoopified
8/28/2009, 06:20 PM
Admittedly my neves are worse during big games such as UT,NU, but they are there for all games(ok maybe not Idaho State) but everybody else.It is nice to know I am not alone.SOMEBODY WHO I WON'T NAME, BUT WHO IS MARRIED TO ME, CLAIMS I AM NUTS.If that is true, at least I ain't alone.

silverwheels
8/28/2009, 06:31 PM
I only get nervous before the big games like the RRS. Otherwise I'm pretty calm unless we start screwing up, like the Kansas State game last year.

Doged
8/28/2009, 07:46 PM
I get 'em for every OU game, but never had 'em that I can remember when I was playing. They go away once the Sooners take control, though.

MamaMia
8/28/2009, 08:10 PM
Yes, I do get preseason butterflies, and I usually get pregame butterflies too except when we play a really good team then I get the worries until my darling optimistic husband tells me all the reasons why we're going to win. That usually calms my fears. :D

gaylordfan1
8/28/2009, 08:47 PM
BUBBLE GUTS... I get gassy! I try to avoid sharts!!

madillsoonerfan5353
8/28/2009, 08:48 PM
I get them for every OU game, except the cupcakes then I get pissed when they score on us! When Tenn.-Chatt. got the 2 on us I was pissed off! Does anybody tear up watching a great youtube video of the Sooner? :O

Crucifax Autumn
8/28/2009, 09:13 PM
I'm as nervous as a virgin at a prison rodeo.

beer4me
8/29/2009, 05:12 AM
No preseason butterflies but do get them just before kickoff for the RRS

Lott's Bandana
8/29/2009, 11:15 AM
I've got them bad this year! I was at half moon bay over the weekend trying to get football out of my head.

Didja see any sharks?

I am getting worse.

My father hasn't been able to watch a game on TV since the Tennessee tie at the Orange Bowl, although he has been to MemSta every home game since '66.

I'm starting to see why.

Watching the game on TV versus live is a completely horrifying experience with the feeling of no control and the excruciating announcers and commercials. In the stadium, it seems easier to feel the flow of the game, although halftime is starting to **** me off.

I find myself going to more away games now, subconsciously avoiding having to watch them on TV instead.

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 11:28 AM
I like my pre-season butterflies dipped in chocolate.