PDA

View Full Version : The vending machine at work....

royalfan5
8/27/2009, 06:49 PM
So periodically need some junk food to help keep me going while breaking commodities, so I venture down to the vending area. The people who stock the vending machine seem to do so at random. So somedays you'll buy something and then see something way more awesome behind that previously wasn't available. And then I'm made that I only got frito's when I could have had honey bbq fritos. Or see reese's peanut butter cups, one row back. Does anyone else have a vending machine crapshoot like this.

OUHOMER
8/27/2009, 06:52 PM
yes, it causes me to bang my forehead against the glass

Tailwind
8/28/2009, 12:10 AM
Why don't you buy the stuff you like at the convenience store on the way to work and keep it stashed in your office/cubicle? Then there's no crapshoot. :D

beer4me
8/28/2009, 05:55 AM
Same thing here DOH

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/28/2009, 07:23 AM
Our Coke machine spits out two Coke Zeros when you press the button. Needless to say, everyone in the office now drinks Coke Zero.

Pricetag
8/28/2009, 09:46 AM
Is there not a better design out there than the corkscrew design that seems to be the standard? The machine at the complex where I work is bad about not actually dropping the damn stuff.

OULenexaman
8/28/2009, 10:54 AM
Is there not a better design out there than the corkscrew design that seems to be the standard? The machine at the complex where I work is bad about not actually dropping the damn stuff.

ah yes.....just the irony of that design say's it all.....you just stare at it and think.....I'm screwed.:mad:

kbsooner21
8/28/2009, 11:01 AM
Why don't you buy the stuff you like at the convenience store on the way to work and keep it stashed in your office/cubicle? Then there's no crapshoot. :D

Chicken dinner right here!

Tailwind
8/28/2009, 03:48 PM
See. :D

royalfan5
8/28/2009, 04:07 PM

Because they also haven't updated the prices since the late 1990's in the vending machine, and as such is much cheaper than a c-store.

GottaHavePride
8/28/2009, 05:12 PM
Chicken dinner right here!

Holy crap, I hate that expression.

Who the **** made that popular in the last year or two, and where do I have to go to throat-punch them?

OUHOMER
8/28/2009, 05:13 PM
i prefer the WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!

yermom
8/28/2009, 05:33 PM
Holy crap, I hate that expression.

Who the **** made that popular in the last year or two, and where do I have to go to throat-punch them?

i first heard it a poker game in '99 :D

Tailwind
8/28/2009, 05:45 PM
Because they also haven't updated the prices since the late 1990's in the vending machine, and as such is much cheaper than a c-store.
Yeah, but you get what you really want, not just what they wanna give you. ;)

GottaHavePride
8/28/2009, 05:47 PM
i prefer the WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!

That's exactly the one I mean. I assume any "chicken dinner" reference comes from that soul-murdering expression.

royalfan5
8/28/2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, but you get what you really want, not just what they wanna give you. ;)

But I'm not hungry until after the open usually, and then I decide to get something. It's not an everyday thing. Maybe once every two weeks.

StoopTroup
8/28/2009, 06:37 PM
Ours has Snickers Bars in it for 85 cents. The thing is they have the last Super Bowl Ad on them. Also I found the same size bars on sale at a Drug Warehouse here in Tulsa for 50 cents a bar. I bought 20 of them and they were gone in a week. Before that I don't think I even got one out of the vending machine once a month.

I don't think my costs went down. I'm still doing the calculations. :D

Soonerfan88
8/28/2009, 06:56 PM
Have this same problem. There is one of those icky peanut/nougat roll things in front of the Junior Mints. The machine has been filled twice in the past few weeks and it still sits there. We think the old man is messing with us because he just put Reese's Pieces (blech) in front of the peanut butter cups. AAARRGGHHH!!!

JLEW1818
8/28/2009, 06:57 PM
they charge you an extra 10 cents, for watching the candy drop to the bottom

StoopTroup
8/28/2009, 07:00 PM
I was talking to one of the guys that fills our vending machines and he told me we were one of the last places to have a machine that dispenses cigarettes and chew.

The last I looked I think I saw the Ciggys were $7.75 a pack....and they sell a lot of them too BTW.