PDA

View Full Version : Oh for ****'s sake.

My Opinion Matters
8/27/2009, 03:34 PM
Tebow>everyone in everything ever. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/08/27/tim-tebow/index.html?eref=sihpT1)

beer4me
8/27/2009, 03:36 PM
Tebow>everyone in everything ever. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/08/27/tim-tebow/index.html?eref=sihpT1)

I telln ya, people are not gonna be happy till it becomes a mandate to bow in his presence:(

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 03:39 PM
My God, Mandel is such a tool. Tommy Frazier was a better QB, leader and college QB than Vince Young. Charlie Ward was too. The Teblowing needs to stop.

beer4me
8/27/2009, 03:53 PM
My God, Mandel is such a tool. Tommy Frazier was a better QB, leader and college QB than Vince Young. Charlie Ward was too. The Teblowing needs to stop.

I wish PhD but how do you stop a train wreck?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/27/2009, 03:56 PM
Seriously, Vince Young as the greatest college player, ever?? He was great in college* (for one year), but the greatest ever, please! What about one the three USC boys or Archie Griffin, or someone else. VY, no f***ing way!

Desert Sapper
8/27/2009, 04:03 PM
This whole crowning of mother****ers in the preseason needs to stop.

Just ask Denny Green:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/dennis-green-crown.jpg

boomersooner28
8/27/2009, 04:07 PM
Ya know, this season hasn't even started yet, BUT I will be ecstatic when it's over just for the sake that the reverend will FINALLY be out of my frickin college football life! THAT is worth a party right there!

beer4me
8/27/2009, 04:09 PM
Ya know, this season hasn't even started yet, BUT I will be ecstatic when it's over just for the sake that the reverend will FINALLY be out of my frickin college football life! THAT is worth a party right there!

yep caz in the NFL he will be a "also ran"

Partial Qualifier
8/27/2009, 04:15 PM
According to Mandel's metrics, Pat White and Colt Brennan are also considered among the Best Ever College Players. Numbers 1 and 2, actually, as it stands.

That whole article should have a winky face attached to it

Desert Sapper
8/27/2009, 04:25 PM
According to Mandel's metrics, Pat White and Colt Brennan are also considered among the Best Ever College Players. Numbers 1 and 2, actually, as it stands.

That whole article should have a winky face attached to it

They don't count, cause they didn't play in the SE mutha****in C.

Dio
8/27/2009, 04:31 PM
Tebow = Jesus McScramble?

starclassic tama
8/27/2009, 05:38 PM
what annoys me about all of this is they are equating most accomplished with best ever... if tebow wins a heisman and a title this year, he will be the most ACCOMPLISHED quarterback ever. that is different than being the BEST player ever. plenty of quarterbacks were better than tebow when it comes to throwing the ball, accuracy etc, but maybe they didn't have the defense or running game etc to accomplish what tebow has done.

Sirus
8/27/2009, 05:50 PM

They will just reload like a good team and find another King of the NCAA. They always do. What else are they gonna talk about, how much Notre Dame still sucks?

Fraggle145
8/27/2009, 05:52 PM
When Eric Crouch is your #4 all time greatest player you know your list is ****ed up.

Knippz
8/27/2009, 09:33 PM
Can we please replay that game where Vince Young didn't score a single point? Didn't he have a fumble or 2 in that game? The score was like 12-0 I think...

I can't remember who they played though...

tommieharris91
8/28/2009, 12:21 AM
In addition to these five categories, I added completion percentage. Once I obtained the raw score, I multiplied it by the most important category of all, career winning percentage (as starter), to come up with a final "greatness score."
This will really throw some noise into your measurements.

He also conveniently leaves out the fact that Sam Bradford has played 1 less season than Tebow or McCoy.

pappy
8/28/2009, 12:33 AM
Tebow could throw for less than 2,000 yards and rush for about 300 and have a combined 3 td's and would still be a Heisman finalist...that's how much the media loves him.

hgarmorer
8/28/2009, 01:04 AM
Tebow could throw for less than 2,000 yards and rush for about 300 and have a combined 3 td's and would still be a Heisman finalist...that's how much the media loves him.

What are you talking about? That's just one game. :rolleyes:

OU_Sooners75
8/28/2009, 02:32 AM
what annoys me about all of this is they are equating most accomplished with best ever... if tebow wins a heisman and a title this year, he will be the most ACCOMPLISHED quarterback ever. that is different than being the BEST player ever. plenty of quarterbacks were better than tebow when it comes to throwing the ball, accuracy etc, but maybe they didn't have the defense or running game etc to accomplish what tebow has done.
+1 :eek:

OU_Sooners75
8/28/2009, 02:35 AM
About this Tim Tebow Christ stuff.

If you dislike it so much, do not read it, or watch it.

Seems to work for me.

However, I have a sound enough mind to realize, that when teams and players are publicized like this (even though I do not recall a player being publicized as much as this), then it usually ends bad before it is over.

The only reason he is being paraded like he is, was because he promised something, and the rest of his team got lucky afterward.

Had they lost to anyone from that moment on, he would be an afterthought right now, or at least like a Bradford or McCoy when it comes to publicity.

beer4me
8/28/2009, 05:23 AM
What else are they gonna talk about, how much Notre Dame still sucks?

I could go with that :D

Desert Sapper
8/28/2009, 02:39 PM
If it were fair and balanced, it would account for the different offensive styles and how you record success in those offenses. He shows Teblow against these other QBs but doesn't really justify the placement at the top of the list. He doesn't really talk about his greatness running back scores. He doesn't talk about WRs. He doesn't talk about defensive players. He just throws this 'Teblow is Allsome' out there and doesn't account for players that left earlier. He doesn't account for players that spent less time as a starter than Teblow and were still awesome.

My problem with all this BS is the same problem I had when USC was the greatest team in the history of forever. Wait, see what happens. Then make the comparison. That was how things used to happen. Now that 5 minutes is the difference between news and old news, everything must frenetically happen in the now.

It also pisses me off that championship QB is applied for 2006 when Leak was the starter, and yet that year is given the magic handwave when comparing his timeline, as in 'Teblow has won two championships, and he's only started for two years.' Retarded.

Why don't we compare him to somebody like Jimmy Harris. How many conference championships has Teblow won? What's his win percentage compared to Harris? Was Harris less of a QB because he statistically doesn't compare to St. Timmy the Great? Let's talk about how Jimmy won every game he started but in his three years starting, he only won two national titles. Is it okay that Jimmy wasn't blessed with the same media adoration and attention, despite winning 31 games in as many starts? Did Alan Ameche, Howard Cassady, and Paul Hornung deserve their Golden Stiffarm more than a QB that won 31 straight? Was Ohio State more deservant of the 1954 national championship? My point is that labels like the one that they are putting on St. Tim are complete and total BS.

Is he a great QB? Yes. Does he have a great team on his side? Hell yes. I'll tell you this. If FU wins the BCS this year, it won't be solely because of St. Timnuts, regardless of what the media might say. He's a factor, but he didn't intercept Sam Bradford in the championship game. He didn't stop Chris Brown in the Red Zone. He didn't pressure Sam into a rough game. Teams win championships. Defense wins championships. It takes a whole team to do it, and they can play all that motivational 'Timeh!' crap they want. He didn't win anything by himself.

His self-aggrandizement is nauseating, too. The media isn't the Timmy promoter as much as Timmy is the Timmy promoter. 'Look at me!'

I know the likelihood that numbnuts doesn't finish the season is slim, but that doesn't keep me from wanting it to happen.

I've seen some great football players, and the difference between this guy and other people I've seen that get the greatness label is that I don't hold my breath when he gets the ball. I don't think, what is he going to do next? I don't have my jaw hanging on the floor as I watch him play. He's a good QB. He makes some plays. He's not like Mike Vick was in college. He's not like Little Joe Washington was in college, or Reggie Bush, or Adrian Peterson, or Tommie Frazier, or a host of other players that were beyond awesome. He's not like Bo Jackson was, period. He's not out of control amazing.

I don't know what it is about him, but he pisses me off every friggin time I see him.

This deification crap doesn't help. Not at all.

Rant complete.

Wishboned
8/28/2009, 02:47 PM
It also pisses me off that championship QB is applied for 2006 when Leak was the starter, and yet that year is given the magic handwave when comparing his timeline, as in 'Teblow has won two championships, and he's only started for two years.' Retarded.

Exactly.

soonerx
8/28/2009, 02:48 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4744/walloftexty.jpg

Desert Sapper
8/28/2009, 03:02 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4744/walloftexty.jpg

Fixed. Somehow the software did that and I had to go back in and insert paragraphs. My deepest apologies. Text walls are almost as annoying as the media Tebowfellatio.

Jello Biafra
8/28/2009, 03:03 PM
here is the end of the argument...

bradford has one less season, has less talent to work with and apparently, our lineman are so f'ing slow and stupid they are lucky they don't shiite on themselves and fall down at the snap count. our recivers are so weak that they couldn't possibly play in SEC country in high school much less the college ranks and yet, bradford still has a record of 23-5 (one more win in one less eason) has 1700 yards more passing and has thrown 19 more tds than the holy spirit.

tebone can suck a fat babies digg

the end. .

soonerx
8/28/2009, 03:19 PM
Fixed. Somehow the software did that and I had to go back in and insert paragraphs. My deepest apologies. Text walls are almost as annoying as the media Tebowfellatio.
No worries, I was just messin' with ya :).

soonerloyal
8/28/2009, 03:36 PM

bradford has one less season, has less talent to work with and apparently, our lineman are so f'ing slow and stupid they are lucky they don't shiite on themselves and fall down at the snap count. our recivers are so weak that they couldn't possibly play in SEC country in high school much less the college ranks and yet, bradford still has a record of 23-5 (one more win in one less eason) has 1700 yards more passing and has thrown 19 more tds than the holy spirit.

the end. .

While I appreciate the post and agree with you, trying to edumacate these Tim Messiah jorts-wearing acolytes (and the media who are in loooove with him) with facts is casting pearls before swine. I know, I've had to move fast down here in FL, lest I get trampled and rent asunder.

If sense and love of logic & facts were as commonplace down here as liver spots, buffets at Bob Evans, Tebow worship, jorts and lawn ornaments, it might be bearable. Sadly, no such luck.
:(

SoonerLB
8/28/2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know what it is about him, but he pisses me off every friggin time I see him.

I couldn't agree more, the friggin' guy and all the unfounded adulation that surrounds him make me wanna puke on a far too regular basis! I can't wait till he fails (and it WILL happen), and the celebration of said failure begins! Or maybe he could just pack up and head back to the Philippines and carry on his quest of fanatically fondling the foreskins of forlorn philippinos, never to be heard from again.

GottaHavePride
8/28/2009, 05:57 PM
You want their heads to asplode? It only takes one sentence:

"The best college football player of all time was Lee Roy Selmon."

stoopified
8/28/2009, 06:30 PM
Seriously, Vince Young as the greatest college player, ever?? He was great in college* (for one year), but the greatest ever, please! What about one the three USC boys or Archie Griffin, or someone else. VY, no f***ing way!IMHO having VY in the TOP 25 Greatest players by ABC? a couple of years ago was an over-reach but greatest,that is a crock.For what its worth I DO think T. Teabag is far superior to Fumbles McScramble.

beer4me
8/29/2009, 05:26 AM
I couldn't agree more, the friggin' guy and all the unfounded adulation that surrounds him make me wanna puke on a far too regular basis! I can't wait till he fails (and it WILL happen), and the celebration of said failure begins! Or maybe he could just pack up and head back to the Philippines and carry on his quest of fanatically fondling the foreskins of forlorn philippinos, never to be heard from again.

Over saturation.

Apparently it is in vogue for the media to slurp his (insert your preferred word here) I have one in mind but it would be filtered.
:( :mad:

Octavian
8/29/2009, 05:43 AM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5849/tebowmotivator09.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/i/tebowmotivator09.jpg/)

Desert Sapper
8/29/2009, 03:03 PM

the end. .

This is abso****inglutely brilliant. The SEC fans of all varieties have been touting their talent separation for so long that it stands to reason that Tebow is accomplishing what he is because he has the most talented team in the SEC and therefore the most talented team in the universe. Sam, on the other hand, with his woefully inadequate team, is accomplishing far more than Tebow could ever hope to on the gridiron. It's practically miraculous. :texan: