PDA

View Full Version : Tebow worship really out of control, and not from the media.

adoniijahsooner
8/27/2009, 11:36 AM
Wow!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4426329

Baseball Team Changes Promotion

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A minor league baseball team has changed a Tim Tebow promotion after receiving a cease and desist e-mail from the University of Florida.

Fort Myers Miracle fans expected "What Would Tim Tebow Do?" night Wednesday, but the theme was changed to "What Would T.T. Do?"

I don't think Tim Tebow would send destruction on us.

-- Florida fan Andrew Wynot

The Naples Daily News reported that senior associate athletic director Jamie McCloskey told the team NCAA rules prohibit the names or pictures of its athletes in commercial promotions.

Miracle director of media relations Gary Sharp told the newspaper that the team was a little upset but tried not to let it ruin the night.

"We kind of feel special," Sharp told the newspaper. "The University of Florida knows who are now. [Athletic director] Jeremy Foley and [coach] Urban Meyer were copied on the e-mail. But we plan on following their request."

However, a funnel cloud was spotted as fans were entering the stadium, leading some to wonder if it was a sign sent to warn the Miracle not to mock Tebow.

"I think Tim Tebow is a fan of anything related to getting his name out there," Florida fan Andrew Wynot, who attended his first Miracle game, told the Naples Daily News. "I don't think Tim Tebow would send destruction on us."

Wynot also said that he thought the cease and desist order was harsh.

"I think it's kind of ridiculous," he told the newspaper. "I can see where UF is coming from but the Miracle are just doing it for fun. They're not trying to profit off of Tebow, they're just trying to get their team out in the public and get some attention."

A ceremonial jump-pass started Wednesday's game against the St. Lucie Mets. Fans received promise rings and watched a character called "T.T." try to walk on water.

The team also thought about including a mock circumcision among the activities but decided against it.

"We bounced all kinds of ideas around when we thought of the promotion," Sharp told the newspaper. "But we wanted to keep it tasteful."

Tebow has led Florida to two national titles and is known for his charitable work.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

JLEW1818
8/27/2009, 11:38 AM
:twinkies:

Collier11
8/27/2009, 11:40 AM
He was also in GQ shirtless, kinda vain for someone who is supposed to not be all about himself

DakotaSooner
8/27/2009, 11:41 AM
Thank God...errr...Tebow.....that he is a senior......

adoniijahsooner
8/27/2009, 11:41 AM
However, a funnel cloud was spotted as fans were entering the stadium, leading some to wonder if it was a sign sent to warn the Miracle not to mock Tebow.

This is too good to be true.

adoniijahsooner
8/27/2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.gatorenvy.com/tebow-comic.jpg

boomerborn79
8/27/2009, 11:54 AM
WOW.....I lived in Jacksonville, Fl when he was at Nease and thaught he was a stud. My neighbor coached against him and told me what an arragant a** the kid was. I thought he took it personell cause TT abused his team. To live in FL 25 miles from TT and hear all my wifes friends and family talk about how great he is and the area of J-ville talk him up made me sick. Now I live in Dallas and I can't even get on soonerfans, or any other sports site without reading about him. I know I should probably go repent, warsh my mouth out, pray for forgiveness, but I will enjoy this football season so much more if TT brakes his throwing wrist or some other season ending injury (minor). I am not saying I want him hurt, I am just saying I don't want him to be 30 min of my 1hr sports center. I definately don't care to see or hear about him on soonerfans. There are alot of stars on our team to talk about. No dig on adon...sooner just tired of that little *uck TT. I would also like to say that Mosis Madu will be a complete stud this year. Thank you and GOD BLESS...

adoniijahsooner
8/27/2009, 11:57 AM
WOW.....I lived in Jacksonville, Fl when he was at Nease and thaught he was a stud. My neighbor coached against him and told me what an arragant a** the kid was. I thought he took it personell cause TT abused his team. To live in FL 25 miles from TT and hear all my wifes friends and family talk about how great he is and the area of J-ville talk him up made me sick. Now I live in Dallas and I can't even get on soonerfans, or any other sports site without reading about him. I know I should probably go repent, warsh my mouth out, pray for forgiveness, but I will enjoy this football season so much more if TT brakes his throwing wrist or some other season ending injury (minor). I am not saying I want him hurt, I am just saying I don't want him to be 30 min of my 1hr sports center. I definately don't care to see or hear about him on soonerfans. There are alot of stars on our team to talk about. No dig on adon...sooner just tired of that little *uck TT. I would also like to say that Mosis Madu will be a complete stud this year. Thank you and GOD BLESS...

No problem, i understand; but the story is funny to me.

boomerborn79
8/27/2009, 12:09 PM
Its funny. To think while I lived there and wore my OU gear floridians looked and asked if we all lived in trailors. I would reply no just the rich ones, But seriously southern rednecks running around praising TT. The only thing thats missing is snakes. I can see them now running around beating up anyone who speaks ill of their TT. The kid is being set up for failure. If he slips up and knocks up one of the "highly sofisticated" trailor park hunnies down there what will they do? I am glad we have Sam. Sam's better.

swardboy
8/27/2009, 12:12 PM
A ceremonial jump-pass started Wednesday's game against the St. Lucie Mets. Fans received promise rings and watched a character called "T.T." try to walk on water.

The team also thought about including a mock circumcision among the activities but decided against it.

"We bounced all kinds of ideas around when we thought of the promotion," Sharp told the newspaper. "But we wanted to keep it tasteful."

I can't tell if they're honoring him or making fun of him.

adoniijahsooner
8/27/2009, 12:29 PM
Its funny. To think while I lived there and wore my OU gear floridians looked and asked if we all lived in trailors. I would reply no just the rich ones, But seriously southern rednecks running around praising TT. The only thing thats missing is snakes. I can see them now running around beating up anyone who speaks ill of their TT. The kid is being set up for failure. If he slips up and knocks up one of the "highly sofisticated" trailor park hunnies down there what will they do? I am glad we have Sam. Sam's better.

No question. Sam is truly a God send, and he comes with no baggage, ego, or foreskins.

beer4me
8/27/2009, 12:34 PM
I am really really really sick hearing about him

rainiersooner
8/27/2009, 12:54 PM
I can't tell if this article is real or satire?

goingoneight
8/27/2009, 01:03 PM
It was in the TW yesterday. The WWTTD announcement, that is.

Honestly, I might freeze frame it in my TV, the look on these idol-worshippers' faces when TT comes back down to reality. It's still hilarious listening to all the Vince Young apologists stutterting and stumbling over themselves with excuses.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 03:09 PM

virginiasooner
8/27/2009, 03:15 PM
I caught a glimpse of TT shirtless. What does he do, shave his chest?

beer4me
8/27/2009, 03:24 PM
I caught a glimpse of TT shirtless. What does he do, shave his chest?

Did the spear wound in his side still show???;)

Collier11
8/27/2009, 03:30 PM
wrong...so wrong

soonerloyal
8/27/2009, 03:56 PM
I'm down here in America's Johnson, and it just gets worse every single day. Some dumba** Texas truck pulled up beside me at a light in Clermont this afternoon, and saw my OU sticker and gear. The driver hung his mullety grape out the window and said "God bless Tim Tebow! Go Gators & Longhorns!" I just looked at him and said "Are you high?" and did the obligatory horns down. My question must have been too difficult for him, because when the light changed he just sat there and got honked at while I said "Boomer Sooner!" and drove off.

Guess the combination of reptilian and bovine fan genes cause worse brain damage than the single.

I hate this state.

soonervegas
8/27/2009, 04:06 PM
Sad thing is a certain team SHOULD have taken care of this last January.....

Lott's Bandana
8/27/2009, 06:36 PM
"I don't think Tim Tebow would send destruction on us."

That, is a great line.

OU Joe-C
8/27/2009, 06:59 PM
Apparently the almighty tebow is the greatest college football player to ever play!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/08/27/tim-tebow/index.html

but im sure yall already knew that.........

Lott's Bandana
8/27/2009, 07:17 PM
Apparently the almighty tebow is the greatest college football player to ever play!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/08/27/tim-tebow/index.html

but im sure yall already knew that.........

One of the stupidest articles I have EVER read. Throw in some stats to make your soup and call it done.

According to this nimrod, you can't be a great QB unless you run the ball. Period, end of discussion.

End of post.

SoonerAficionadOU
8/27/2009, 10:58 PM
One of the stupidest articles I have EVER read. Throw in some stats and drink your Koolaid and call it done.

Fixed

Lott's Bandana
8/27/2009, 11:41 PM
Fixed

Yes...better than the original.

OU Joe-C
8/28/2009, 12:00 AM
According to this nimrod, you can't be a great QB unless you run the ball. Period, end of discussion.

Not only do you have to be a running QB, but according this "greatness rating", RBs are penalized because they dont throw TD passes.

How can someone writing for sports illustrated actually be allowed to put this on the internet??

virginiasooner
8/28/2009, 09:02 AM
Tim Tebow, the greatest player ever? Only two words will suffice: GAG ME!

badger
8/28/2009, 09:32 AM
:mad: Why is this thread still here and WHY does it have more posts than the Sam Bradford adoration thread? Everyone get over to that thread pronto and sink this one! :mad: