8/26/2009, 09:21 PM
This sucks.

:(

bonkuba
8/26/2009, 09:25 PM
Maybe they are praying for a victory? :D

TXBOOMER
8/26/2009, 09:31 PM
They probably don't have time. Just think of the honey do lists these guys must have.

Curly Bill
8/26/2009, 09:32 PM
Screw the BYU fans...

...though unlike some of our rival's fans they have the good sense to stay off another team's board. :O

NCSooner18
8/26/2009, 09:34 PM
They probably don't have time. Just think of the honey do lists these guys must have.

Damn, that's the best laugh I have had in a while. And right in the middle of a crappy week. Thank you.

Widescreen
8/26/2009, 09:42 PM
BYU Penguin should be along any day now.

ouduckhunter
8/26/2009, 10:06 PM
There's a guy on the local ESPN radio sports call in show who is a BYU alum and former player. I heard him say today that he would probably go to the game...guess that I could call in and sing Boomer Sooner and see if I can get him all riled up.

OU_PhD
8/26/2009, 10:08 PM
They probably got their sacred undergarments in a bunch LOL

Curly Bill
8/26/2009, 10:08 PM
There's a guy on the local ESPN radio sports call in show who is a BYU alum and former player. I heard him say today that he would probably go to the game...guess that I could call in and sing Boomer Sooner and see if I can get him all riled up.

Why?

CK Sooner
8/26/2009, 10:10 PM
Lol

starclassic tama
8/26/2009, 10:18 PM
you are assuming BYU has fans...

SoonerShark
8/26/2009, 11:04 PM
They probably got their sacred undergarments in a bunch LOL

Blessed bloomers and wholly holy (crotchless) panties?

SoonerShark
8/26/2009, 11:06 PM
Screw the BYU fans...

...though unlike some of our rival's fans they have the good sense to stay off another team's board. :O

Amen.

SoonerShark
8/26/2009, 11:08 PM

A soft answer turneth away wrath.

redhawk49
8/27/2009, 12:34 AM
And I still can't stand Vai Sikehema! Just because of his name!

rainiersooner
8/27/2009, 01:48 AM
Haven't you seen Children of the Corn? They're waiting in hiding until the right moment...don't you worry! They will come!

Fraggle145
8/27/2009, 01:54 AM
BYU Penguin should be along any day now.

I hope so.

Desert Sapper
8/27/2009, 02:28 AM
All the BYU fans shifted their loyalty to Utah last year.

Either that, or they are wondering how Christ could possibly benefit from them taunting us.

Jdog
8/27/2009, 06:59 AM

Either that, or they are wondering how Christ could possibly benefit from them taunting us.

I doubt that they would do that (root for the Utes) - it a big rivalry.

Besides, BYU has a National Championship. That was back when there was no such thing as a non-BCS teams and WAC teams could be considered for a voted title by beating a .500 team in the Holiday Bowl - especially if they had a player like Steve Young.

swardboy
8/27/2009, 07:34 AM

Hey, stay on topic. Stop trying to work the Florida QB into this thread....

soonersam
8/27/2009, 08:04 AM
No Wi-Fi on bicycles! They're already on the road pedaling towards Dallas!!

oudivesherpa
8/27/2009, 08:44 AM

With four wives you'd have to have a double wide refigerator just to handle the lists.

jumperstop
8/27/2009, 08:58 AM
I really am suprised there are no BYU fans. Have any of you guys been over to check out thier board? Do they even have one?

jumperstop
8/27/2009, 09:00 AM
They have to have a football board, I have at&t largest tv package and I have a BYU channel. Thats like wtf, why is there no sooner channel.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 10:27 AM
They have to have a football board, I have at&t largest tv package and I have a BYU channel. Thats like wtf, why is there no sooner channel.

I think people will be surprised by the number of BYU fans at the game. While BYU fans will be vastly outnumbered, I'm certain that BYU will have at least 20 thousand fans in attendance.

There are several very busy BYU sports message boards, and there have been frequent links to this board referencing some of the posts here (especially posts that exhibit anti-Mormon sentiment). I'm a secular Mormon--graduated from BYU undergrad but did PhD and MD at OU. I'd be glad to talk about our football team if any of you have questions. Very few BYU fans expect BYU to actually win this game, but we have some excellent players at skill positions and are hopeful that we can keep the score within a touchdown or two. I'm sure you folks will even up the series in Dallas.

Gresho Murford
8/27/2009, 10:38 AM
i would guess they have 10-15 thousand

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 10:44 AM
i would guess they have 10-15 thousand

BYU had 15,000 fans in Fort Worth against TCU in 2006 for a regular conference game. Do you really think OU and a new stadium won't attract more BYU fans than TCU?

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 10:47 AM
Hopefully they let the football team know that the guys they're lining up against are wearing panties... no, really.

:P

Gresho Murford
8/27/2009, 10:51 AM
BYU had 15,000 fans in Fort Worth against TCU in 2006 for a regular conference game. Do you really think OU and a new stadium won't attract more BYU fans than TCU?

Really? Not saying you are lying but they must travel really well then. So you think they will only have 5,000 more for OU at a new stadium than they did for TCU?

I will have to see it to believe it. I have heard too many times a fan say they are going to have X amount of fans in Norman and they have maybe half that

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 10:52 AM
Hopefully they let the football team know that the guys they're lining up against are wearing panties... no, really.

:P

First of all, Mormons don't wear their garments when they play sports.

I agree that it's a silly that Mormons have their own underwear, but it's mostly just a cultural thing. It's a tradition. Of course, if you were mocking a Jewish prayer shawl you'd be a bigot, but for some reason most Oklahomans think it's acceptable to mock Mormons--the only religious group in America to have had an extermination order against them (issued by Governor Boggs of Missouri in the 1830s).

Ignorance leads to fear and fear leads to hate.

Gresho Murford
8/27/2009, 10:54 AM

I agree that it's a silly that Mormons have their own underwear, but it's mostly just a cultural thing. It's a tradition. Of course, if you were mocking a Jewish prayer shawl you'd be a bigot, but for some reason most Oklahomans think it's acceptable to mock Mormons--the only religious group in America to have had an extermination order against them (issued by Governor Boggs of Missouri in the 1830s).

first off, this is a football forum. There is going to be trash talked about ANY opponent. Mormons are easy targets. It is just for ****s and giggles.

secondly, don't generalize okies for what you see on here

thirdly, if you don't like it, you can geeet out

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 10:56 AM
thirdly, if you don't like it, you can geeet out

Goodbye.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 10:58 AM

You claim to be a Sooner yet you seem to have no idea what the Nose Bowl was. I don't consider them to be a "religious" group, to me they're an occult but that's neither here nor there. I have a problem with the young boys that are pushed off out of homes because there are too many boys around and not enough girls for all the men. It's sickening. You going to defend that "cultural" phenomenon too?

Just relax and get ready to watch Oklahoma blow maroni trumpets all over your "Cougs" in Arlington next week.

Better make sure you get reservations for bike parking, though, I hear it'll be hard to come by.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 11:00 AM
You claim to be a Sooner yet you seem to have no idea what the Nose Bowl was. I don't consider them to be a "religious" group, to me they're an occult but that's neither here nor there. I have a problem with the young boys that are pushed off out of homes because there are too many boys around and not enough girls for all the men. It's sickening. You going to defend that "cultural" phenomenon too?

Just relax and get ready to watch Oklahoma blow maroni trumpets all over your "Cougs" in Arlington next week.

Better make sure you get reservations for bike parking, though, I hear it'll be hard to come by.

Mormons are "an occult." Hilarious. What's your PhD in anyway?

Mormons rejected polygamy in the 1890s. You're confusing 13 million Mormons with a crazy sect that split away from the Mormons 120 years ago. The polygamist folks think Mormons are bad for rejecting polygamy.

Anaheim Sooner
8/27/2009, 11:08 AM
Arrgh. I've been stuck in the Salt Lake City area for almost a month and just found this board. The company I work for is doing some upgrades for a local plant and two of the people I have to coordinate with are BYU fans.

Believe me you are lucky that they aren't here. I don't know if these two are really representative of BYU fans but they are incredible. Both are predicting a BYU win one thinks it will be a last minute field goal and the other thinks BYU surprises OU but the Sooners make it close at the end.

Among the gems I've heard from my cougar fan friends:
They have a senior quarter back and they were good when Steve Young and others were seniors.
Their senior QB is a strong Heisman contender (Um, isn't ours too?)
They have a larger than average offensive line. (although watching reruns on their conference network they may also be the slowest in the nation)
They are the favorite to bust the BCS but it will be in the championship game not a "regular" BCS bowl
Their players are more mature than most because they go on their mormon mission

But the best of all:
The people who think BYU won't win are the same people who didn't think Utah could beat Alabama. Huh? We'll beat OU because our rival beat Alabama? That's a whole another post. While none will admit it, Utah going to the BCS drives BYU fans (at least these two) nuts.

These are just a few of the illusions the BYU fans spout at me all day. Seriously I hope some of them come here. If you need a good laugh these guys provide it. Like I said I just found this board and have invited them to join but none have taken up the offer.

By the way be glad you can watch OU football on a real TV network. Their Mountain channel seriously looks like it was shot with someone's cell phone.

See y'alll in Dallas!

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 11:11 AM
Mormons are "an occult." Hilarious. What's your PhD in anyway?

Mormons rejected polygamy in the 1890s. You're confusing 13 million Mormons with a crazy sect that split away from the Mormons 120 years ago. The polygamist folks think Mormons are bad for rejecting polygamy.

You realize that virtually all true Christians save maybe Unitarians consider Mormonism to be an occult.

Joseph Smith was a snake-oil salesman who was lynched for fooling around with peoples' wives and being a thug swindler.

JLEW1818
8/27/2009, 11:12 AM
he's my hero

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 11:15 AM

Are you serious? Provo is a lot further away from Arlington than Ft. Worth. There would be 20-30k TCU fans there easily.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 11:17 AM
You realize that virtually all true Christians save maybe Unitarians consider Mormonism to be an occult.

Joseph Smith was a snake-oil salesman who was lynched for fooling around with peoples' wives and being a thug swindler.

Joseph Smith was shot by a mob (not lynched). He destroyed a printing press and turned himself in to face charges. The governor promised him protection and then provided none. I agree that Joseph Smith was far from perfect and the polygamy thing was ridiculous. I highly recommend the biography "Rough Stone Rolling" written by the chair of the religion department at Columbia University. Great book.

Since moving to Oklahoma and becoming acquainted with "true Christianity," I never cease to be amazed by how horribly I have been treated by people when they discover that I am a Mormon. It's some great irony.

I think you are meaning to say that Mormonism is a cult (instead of an occult).

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 11:34 AM
Joseph Smith was shot by a mob (not lynched). He destroyed a printing press and turned himself in to face charges. The governor promised him protection and then provided none. I agree that Joseph Smith was far from perfect and the polygamy thing was ridiculous. I highly recommend the biography "Rough Stone Rolling" written by the chair of the religion department at Columbia University. Great book.

Since moving to Oklahoma and becoming acquainted with "true Christianity," I never cease to be amazed by how horribly I have been treated by people when they discover that I am a Mormon. It's some great irony.

I think you are meaning to say that Mormonism is a cult (instead of an occult).

Okay, how about bat-sh!t crazy nuttiness?

I'm not reading some pro-Mormon book. It's a contrived religion and is blasphemous to Christianity i.e. "real" Christians don't believe they're going to be God of their own planet nor do they believe in "celestial" marriages nor any of the other cockamamie crap they force down the throats of anyone who'll listen.

Big Love University is going down in Arlington, and you know it.

PS. Please don't make generalizations about all Oklahomans based on what I say. I'm just one person. I'm sure there are a few people in the state that don't mind Mormons.

BoulderSooner79
8/27/2009, 11:34 AM
I'd poke fun at all religions, but it's so easy to do, there is no sport in it.

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 11:42 AM
BYU (and Utah by association sometimes) does generally tend to draw more ire from other teams' fans than most schools would.

I remember at one of my first games here at the UofA (during the Mackovic days) we were playing Utah at home and only minutes into the game, chants of "F&@K the Mormons!" could be heard throughout the student section and for a good part of the game.

When Wisconsin came to town the following week, a nearby student asked "are there Mormons in Wisconsin?" to which he received the reply of "I don't know, probably." Then the "F&@K the Mormons!" chants started up again.

Now, both of my parents are BYU alumni and so I have a bit of an interest in BYU football (mind you I cried tears of joy when Arizona whooped them in the Las Vegas bowl and I am certainly hoping OU delivers an epic spanking in a week and a half), and will certainly agree that many of their fans can be misguided and arrogant (my wife's own brother and cousin, both students at BYU are trying to convince me that BYU will come out on top), they are not all necessarily so. I would bet that just as many are counting on a loss and hoping that making the rest of the schedule unscathed might land them in a BCS bowl.

On the other hand, I am seeing many attempts by those on this board to bait would-be visitors using what many would consider bigoted language. This is highly unfortunate.

On a final note, BYU fans tend to travel well, simply because they can be found all over the country. There are over 100,000 Mormons in Texas alone. There will be a substantial cougar presence at that game, which should make the competitive atmosphere that all the more exciting.

Boomer Sooner!

Anaheim Sooner
8/27/2009, 11:51 AM
I would bet that just as many are counting on a loss and hoping that making the rest of the schedule unscathed might land them in a BCS bowl.

As I mentioned the ones I'm working with seriously think that if they can keep their loss under seven points they still have a shot at not just a bowl game but a national championship.

As for the whole mormon thing I have to say that none of them that I've been working with have ever brought up religion or tried to convert me. I have bummed around Salt Lake City on the weekends I haven't gone home and it's pretty much like any mid-sized town. I did tour their temple headquarters and I can say one thing. They've figured out that putting a pretty girl at the gate as a greeter gets the attention of guys like me.

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 11:53 AM
They've figured out that putting a pretty girl at the gate as a greeter gets the attention of guys like me.

We Mormons do focus on the little details. :D

swardboy
8/27/2009, 12:02 PM
What do you expect from a sex-obsessed cult?

How's that PHD? :D

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2009, 12:05 PM
secondly, don't generalize okies for what you see on here

bwahahahahaahaha... Dont listen to 'em Coug. Generalize away.

Although, sometimes, it's like looking at the monkey cage at the zoo.. you want to look away but sometimes you just can't... you just have to see what stupid **** they will come up with next!

Oh.. words of advice.

1. Use lots and lots of big words. That sends them scrambling to dictionary.com.

2. Make fun of "the Posse" on here. You will get all sorts of snarky comments on that!

3. Try to convince them that their current team has some weaknesses. That will be met with people trying to convince you that this year's OU team could beat the Roman Legions at the height of their power and glory.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:10 PM
I had a dear friend who is a jack-Mormon and he has tons of stuff to let ya know but the worst is that his father just died a few months ago and he left his entire estate to the mormon church to make up for back-tithes. My friend couldn't get married in the temple because his father had been behind on tithing then when his dad died, he lost his inheritance because his dad was trying to compensate. Sad!

Crucifax Autumn
8/27/2009, 12:11 PM
I'm proud to see that our little group warrants number 2. We must be doing something right.

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 12:13 PM
Dangit, Cru! You forgot about the "ignore him" delio!! :rolleyes:

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 12:14 PM
I had a dear friend who is a jack-Mormon and he has tons of stuff to let ya know but the worst is that his father just died a few months ago and he left his entire estate to the mormon church to make up for back-tithes. My friend couldn't get married in the temple because his father had been behind on taxes then when his dad died, he lost his inheritance because his dad was trying to compensate. Sad!

If a man wants to leave his money to his Church, that's his choice. The Mormon Church doesn't push people to pay back tithes. It's an individual decision.

As far as your friend not being able to get married in the temple because of his father's tithing--that makes no sense. Once again, you have proven your ignorance.

There are plenty of things in Mormonism that are completely wacky. But the things you say make no sense.

What is your PhD in? Seriously. I'm impressed by your command of the English language.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 12:18 PM
can't believe there is no BYU Penguin

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 12:18 PM
Goodbye.

Weren't you going somewhere?

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:19 PM
If a man wants to leave his money to his Church, that's his choice. The Mormon Church doesn't push people to pay back tithes. It's an individual decision.

As far as your friend not being able to get married in the temple because of his father's tithing--that makes no sense. Once again, you have proven your ignorance.

There are plenty of things in Mormonism that are completely wacky. But the things you say make no sense.

What is your PhD in? Seriously. I'm impressed by your command of the English language.

Look, I'm not telling you something I made up, I'm simply repeating what my friend from Ogden, Utah told me. On top of that, he even said his father received statements from the church that showed tithe due based on his forecasted income.

And my Ph.D. is in English with an emphasis in critical theory. Why does it matter?

I was just making a joke about the sacred undergarments because I think it's funny. My drill sergeant in basic training called them panties and I still laugh when I think about their "panties" in their wall locker during inspections. Sue me.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 12:19 PM
Weren't you going somewhere?

I changed my mind. You folks are entertaining.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 12:21 PM
Look, I'm not telling you something I made up, I'm simply repeating what my friend from Ogden, Utah told me. On top of that, he even said his father received statements from the church that showed tithe due based on his forecasted income.

And my Ph.D. is in English with an emphasis in critical theory. Why does it matter?

I was just making a joke about the sacred undergarments because I think it's funny. My drill sergeant in basic training called them panties and I still laugh when I think about their "panties" in their wall locker during inspections. Sue me.

I call them angel britches.

Why do you call Mormonism "an occult" instead of "a cult?" I assume you must know the difference, since you have a PhD in English.

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 12:25 PM
I changed my mind. You folks are entertaining.

Not trying to run you off, but I'd much prefer talking about football in the football forum. I'm sure Mormonism would be a big hit in the SO.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:25 PM
Wow! Let the ignorance spew.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 12:26 PM
Not trying to run you off, but I'd much prefer talking about football in the football forum. I'm sure Mormonism would be a big hit in the SO.

I'd rather talk about football. Your fellow Sooners are the ones who keep bringing up religion.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:27 PM
I call them angel britches.

Why do you call Mormonism "an occult" instead of "a cult?" I assume you must know the difference, since you have a PhD in English.

Says the guy who confuses a mob from a lynching.

PS. I don't spell or grammar check what I post on this board. I don't talk to my colleagues about football, either. It's as unacceptable as being Mormon in my field.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:28 PM

"I heard from a friend."

Sounds like a reliable source. I bet your dissertation is amazing.

:D

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:28 PM
I'd rather talk about football. Your fellow Sooners are the ones who keep bringing up religion.

I was just laughing about your football teams' panties.

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 12:30 PM

Thank you! I'm sure a quick Google search would yield dozens of Mormon-bashing forums where those of you who are so inclined can take out your religious frustrations.

On to the actual game, please.....

stoops the eternal pimp
"football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "footb"football" forum..."football" forumall" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum

Jello Biafra
There are over 100,000 Mormons in Texas alone. Boomer Sooner!

i think you can get a cream for that now. check walgreens.

soonerhubs
I was just laughing about your football teams' panties.

Does that include CJ Ah You's, you ignorant fool?

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:31 PM
"I heard from a friend."

Sounds like a reliable source. I bet your dissertation is amazing.

Actually, you can buy the book if you'd like. Enroll in one of my classes and I guarantee you get a chance to read it.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:32 PM
Does that include CJ Ah You's, you ignorant fool?

I don't know any jack mormons that still wear panties.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:32 PM
Actually, you can buy the book if you'd like. Enroll in one of my classes and I guarantee you get a chance to read it.
Bigotry and Xenophobia 101? No thanks!

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 12:33 PM
Although, sometimes, it's like looking at the monkey cage at the zoo.. you want to look away but sometimes you just can't... you just have to see what stupid **** they will come up with next!

until you get busted in the mouth with fact after fact and you all of the sudden have some pet rock to defend.

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 12:35 PM
i think you can get a cream for that now. check walgreens.

Wow. Just.... wow.

Can we not accept that fact that it is possible for one to be a Mormon and a fan of OU football, or are those mutually exclusive groups? There are hundreds of Mormons in Norman, many of which are die-hard Sooner fans. Would you banish them as well?

stoops the eternal pimp
"football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum "footb"football" forum..."football" forumall" forum..."football" forum "football" forum..."football" forum

beer4me
:pop:

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:36 PM
Anyways, aside from the perpetuation of hearsay from the Troll known as OU PhD, I'd like to mention that although I'm Mormon (To the educated folks, A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints), I'm ready to see BYU get destroyed by OUr offense and defense.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:37 PM
Bigotry and Xenophobia 101? No thanks!

No, it's truth and existentialism in religion 101. You'd hate it.

Jello Biafra

i wouldnt make fun of them. i personally think some of your peeps are straight up pimps. i would think it would be both exhilirating and exhausting. remember, no matter how good looking the chick or how good the sex, there is ALWAYS someone, somewhere tired of her shiite.

soonerhubs
In fact, the BYU grads who are around me really don't say much, because deep down inside they know what's going to happen next week.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:39 PM
Anyways, aside from the perpetuation of hearsay from the Troll known as OU PhD, I'd like to mention that although I'm Mormon (To the educated folks, A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints), I'm ready to see BYU get destroyed by OUr offense and defense.

LOL, point out truths that you've not even tried to refute -- mostly because we know you CANT -- and you get labeled a troll, when all I was doing was making a joke about the PANTIES that MORMONS WEAR. They DO wear these panties!

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 12:39 PM
Wow. Just.... wow.

Can we not accept that fact that it is possible for one to be a Mormon and a fan of OU football, or are those mutually exclusive groups? There are hundreds of Mormons in Norman, many of which are die-hard Sooner fans. Would you banish them as well?

roflmao....its called a fuggin joke...check into a book store in the humor section. i couldn't give a fat, tick infested sewer rat's ***...im agnostic.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 12:41 PM
im about to use my secret mod powers and take out a bunch of people

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 12:42 PM
roflmao....its called a fuggin joke...check into a book store in the humor section. i couldn't give a fat, tick infested sewer rat's ***...im agnostic.

Bigotry often hides behind the mask of good natured humor.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:43 PM
Back on subject. My Father in Law who is an avid BYU fan was a good sport a couple years back and dressed all in crimson and cream to attend an OU game with us. I believe this upcoming game he'll have his Y hat on, but every now and then I have to tease him and ask him if Switzer is his hero.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 12:44 PM
You people need to lighten up.

I am sure opposing fans have leveled way more harsh crap that the panties stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1jVO3-OE

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 12:45 PM
I'm starting to get a little nervous for Max Hall..the closer it gets, the worse i feel for him

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 12:46 PM
Back on subject. My Father in Law who is an avid BYU fan was a good sport a couple years back and dressed all in crimson and cream to attend an OU game with us. I believe this upcoming game he'll have his Y hat on, but every now and then I have to tease him and ask him if Switzer is his hero.

My parents, both BYU alum, routinely root for OU, except for when they play BYU. I can't wait to rub it in. Just like when my Wildats beat down my Dad's precious Sundevils (which, admittedly hasn't happend as often as I would like).

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 12:46 PM
Bigotry often hides behind the mask of good natured humor.

more often than not, fear hides behind the shield of religion.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:50 PM
more often than not, fear hides behind the shield of religion.

I can buy that. BYU better be scared then eh? ;)

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 12:51 PM
...im agnostic.

aaaahhhhh

Agnostic Front....now THAT was a kick azz band ;)

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 12:51 PM
I can buy that. BYU better be scared then eh? ;)

infreakingdeed.

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 12:52 PM
so, where is this friggin penguin anyway? scared im going to sick my avatar on him?

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 12:52 PM
infreakingdeed.

See, we're all on the same side here guys! I want to see them cry!

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 12:58 PM
Now I know CJ Ah You was at BYU for a little while, as was his Brother. It's too bad his brother couldn't have come to OU as well. Instead he went to Weber State.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 01:00 PM
Trivia: Anyone else know of an OU player who may have emerged from Weber State University?

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 01:02 PM
Trivia: Anyone else know of an OU player who may have emerged from Weber State University?

Was that Josh Heupel?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 01:03 PM
Now I know CJ Ah You was at BYU for a little while, as was his Brother. It's too bad his brother couldn't have come to OU as well. Instead he went to Weber State.

I think CJ punched the quarterback or somebody over there on their pro day....it was allsome

Jello Biafra

i do too...but, someone in his family had ties to oklahoma besides CJ....junior ah you?

soonerhubs
Was that Josh Heupel?

You would be correct, Sir! An instructor visited with me one day as he knew my football loyalties and mentioned that had taught him once before his transfer.

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 01:04 PM
I think CJ punched the quarterback or somebody over there on their pro day....it was allsome

That's the rumor. Apparently the QB was a jerk. I'm not sure which one it was, but I'm glad he did it.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 01:04 PM

Brett Engemann?

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2009, 01:05 PM
I'm proud to see that our little group warrants number 2. We must be doing something right.

Well fax.. somehow.. the "Posse" and Number 2 just seemed to be so.. symbiotic. :D

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 01:06 PM

psssst....you're not helping matters by fanning the fire.

Now, about those football teams....

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2009, 01:07 PM
Leave the religion-bashing off the Football Forum, please. Remember that your own religious beliefs probably look as silly to the next guy as his do to you.

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 01:07 PM
Well fax.. somehow.. the "Posse" and Number 2 just seemed to be so.. symbiotic. :D

duuuuuh "lemme go check dictionary.com....lid is hurting our feelers again"

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 01:08 PM
see...my secret powers are so secret that someone else has them

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 01:08 PM
Leave the religion-bashing off the Football Forum, please. Remember that your own religious beliefs probably look as silly to the next guy as his do to you.

so, a lack of religious belief would be bashing?

Collier11
8/27/2009, 01:09 PM
Where is BYU penguin?

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 01:10 PM
christ on a stick, this is going to be the longest 10 days in the histroy of.....

Collier11
8/27/2009, 01:11 PM
9 Days fool

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2009, 01:11 PM
so, a lack of religious belief would be bashing?

Nope. It'd be hard for me to asset that lack of religious belief would be bashing in and of itself, or I'd be guilty of bashing just by walking down the street.

And I'll readily admit that to many theists, my lack of belief looks silly.

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 01:17 PM
9 Days fool

I'll be watching the game on a TV that belongs to a fan of both USC and BYU. Now talk about blasphemous. I just can't wait to rub it in...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 01:18 PM
I'll be watching the game on a TV that belongs to a fan of both USC and BYU. Now talk about blasphemous. I just can't wait to rub it in...

and people say there is no hell

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2009, 01:18 PM
As Christians... shouldn't we be following those sage words as passed down through Matthew...

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged” Matthew 7:1

There's a number of you hillbillies that need to spend some time in the confessional booth now!!!! :D

Ah to observe those basking in the joyous throes of provincialism... :eek:

back to the topic....

BYU by 14?

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 01:22 PM
In the immortal words of STEP:

stoops the eternal pimp
BYU by 14?

I was thinking 21 myself..i hope ou hang in there and make it spektable tho

OU_PhD
christ on a stick, this is going to be the longest 10 days in the histroy of.....

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 01:29 PM
As Christians... shouldn't we be following those sage words as passed down through Matthew...

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged” Matthew 7:1

There's a number of you hillbillies that need to spend some time in the confessional booth now!!!! :D

Ah to observe those basking in the joyous throes of provincialism... :eek:

back to the topic....

BYU by 14?

pffft lid, don't you have a fat dlineman to defend from a destruction of private property charge?

Collier11
8/27/2009, 01:38 PM
I think it should be a new rule that anyone who brings up religion and keeps talking about it in a football thread should get banned...just sayin

SteelClip49
8/27/2009, 01:42 PM
I am a Catholic who has been approached many times by the Geek Squad wannabes on bicycles who want to waste my time by discussing the so-called greatness of the Latter Day Saints...blah blah blah. My cousin, who is Methodist, was engaged to a Mormon and before the wedding...just says before, the bride-to-be's Mormon cult family traveled out to Oklahoma to stop her and she was never heard from again.

Mormons are despicable, decent at basketball but overall despicable, hateful, confused, associate JESUS CHRIST in their cult (definitely a sin), hate Catholics (Catholics are the best) and should not exist.

2009 marks the 25th anniversary of their George Orwell predicted national championship that actually happened and OU will gladly bring the hurt and send you back to the Land of Deseret.

From "Burn After Reading" Osbourne Cox played by John Malkovich says...

Osbourne Cox: I have a drinking problem? F*** you, Peck, you're a Mormon. Compared to you we ALL have a drinking problem!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 01:44 PM
See post 101

AZSoonerCat
8/27/2009, 01:50 PM
Just when most of us had moved on....

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 01:51 PM
Would a mod please move this thread to the SO and put us out of our misery?

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 01:52 PM
So who has a bad taste in their mouth from the 90s copper bowl?

What was the most painful part of that experience for you?

CK Sooner
8/27/2009, 01:52 PM
You dip****s ****ed up my thread!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 01:55 PM
So who has a bad taste in their mouth from the 90s copper bowl?

What was the most painful part of that experience for you?

i have that so blocked out that I cant tell you anything about it cept Whet's twin was watching from on high

soonerhubs
8/27/2009, 01:57 PM
I watched that game a couple years ago. The only part that stood out to me was Smellsofbourbon chomping at the bit to "save the program".

It really is a shame this series has only had one game so far.

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 01:57 PM
You dip****s ****ed up my thread!

I made a NEW one. Maybe we can stay on topic there. I've got my toes crossed, any how. :O

C&CDean
8/27/2009, 02:18 PM
You guys could **** up a wet dream. If you're gonna talk BYU football, let's talk football. If you wanna talk Mormon smack, take it to the SO or Smack Central.

gaylordfan1
8/27/2009, 02:20 PM
Whats a mormon?

CrimsonJim
8/27/2009, 02:20 PM
Yo Dean! See my above post. ;)

gaylordfan1
8/27/2009, 02:22 PM
This is the greatest thread I have ever read in my short time here.... Sounds like good ole' trash talk to me. It's perfectly healthy...

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 02:23 PM
You guys could **** up a wet dream. If you're gonna talk BYU football, let's talk football. If you wanna talk Mormon smack, take it to the SO or Smack Central.

most of us are too "active" to have wet dreams. ;)

in fact sic'em is so active.... just by watching him, you'd think he had crabs.

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 02:24 PM
This is the greatest thread I have ever read in my short time here.... Sounds like good ole' trash talk to me. It's perfectly healthy...

man you have LOW standards. there have been some here that would have made you cough lung cheese on your monitor.

gaylordfan1
8/27/2009, 02:24 PM
Did Lid pick BYU by 14 to anger us? Or does he really believe such a thing?

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 02:26 PM

lid molests toy poodles. pay him no never mind.

gaylordfan1
8/27/2009, 02:28 PM
man you have LOW standards. there have been some here that would have made you cough lung cheese on your monitor.

Like I said, I have only been here for a short time and have tried to go back and read as much I can. I should re-phrase... This is the greatest thread of trash talk I have personally seen unravel in front of my eyes. I like lung butter better than cheese. Just sounds more sick.

CK Sooner
8/27/2009, 02:29 PM
Will a mod lock this thread?

Thanks.

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2009, 03:17 PM

RISE AND SHOUT!

THE MIGHTY COOGS WILL SMITE THEE WITH GREAT ANGER... AND FURRRIOOUS VENGEANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJpz_TYIO54

bent rider
8/27/2009, 03:25 PM
You would be correct, Sir! An instructor visited with me one day as he knew my football loyalties and mentioned that had taught him once before his transfer.

I thought he came from Snow College (a JC in Utah), looked it up and its both, first Weber, then Snow, then OU. I guess its a lot better for one's career to bounce around in Utah then go to OU rather than vice-versa (ala Tommy Grady).

illinisooner
8/27/2009, 03:25 PM
Arrgh. I've been stuck in the Salt Lake City area for almost a month and just found this board. The company I work for is doing some upgrades for a local plant and two of the people I have to coordinate with are BYU fans.

Believe me you are lucky that they aren't here. I don't know if these two are really representative of BYU fans but they are incredible. Both are predicting a BYU win one thinks it will be a last minute field goal and the other thinks BYU surprises OU but the Sooners make it close at the end.

Among the gems I've heard from my cougar fan friends:
They have a senior quarter back and they were good when Steve Young and others were seniors.
Their senior QB is a strong Heisman contender (Um, isn't ours too?)
They have a larger than average offensive line. (although watching reruns on their conference network they may also be the slowest in the nation)
They are the favorite to bust the BCS but it will be in the championship game not a "regular" BCS bowl
Their players are more mature than most because they go on their mormon mission

But the best of all:
The people who think BYU won't win are the same people who didn't think Utah could beat Alabama. Huh? We'll beat OU because our rival beat Alabama? That's a whole another post. While none will admit it, Utah going to the BCS drives BYU fans (at least these two) nuts.

These are just a few of the illusions the BYU fans spout at me all day. Seriously I hope some of them come here. If you need a good laugh these guys provide it. Like I said I just found this board and have invited them to join but none have taken up the offer.

By the way be glad you can watch OU football on a real TV network. Their Mountain channel seriously looks like it was shot with someone's cell phone.

See y'alll in Dallas!

I don't really think the "Utah beat Alabama" argument holds much weight. Bama was supremely disappointed after giving up a lead in the 4th quarter of the SEC title game and therefore missing out on the national title game. Obviously, there was some letdown and lack of focus leading up to the Sugar Bowl against, in their mind, a non marquee opponent. The Utes were happier than a pig in you know what to be in a BCS game against a real opponent (get out of here Pitt in 04) and wanted to prove to everyone they belonged up there with a big boys for a shot at the national title. On a smaller scale, this describes the Ole Miss/Tech game. Bowls are not necessarily indicative of conference success and team merit, but there's no better comparison out there, which is why people use it.

soonersam
8/27/2009, 03:26 PM
They have Billions in the Bank.... Its actually has thrown up red flags, making the Gov think they should start taxing religions!

Can somebody please dig up the golden tablets!! Who puts the only proof god spoke to you directly in a hole and forgets where the hole is!!

Seriously !! Really ??

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 03:26 PM
I thought he came from Snow College (a JC in Utah), looked it up and its both, first Weber, then Snow, then OU. I guess its a lot better for one's career to bounce around in Utah then go to OU rather than vice-versa (ala Tommy Grady).

Heupel was trying to get noticed by BYU. That's why he went to Weber State and Snow. BYU didn't want him. (Huge mistake by BYU, obviously.)

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 03:30 PM
They have Billions in the Bank.... Its actually has thrown up red flags, making the Gov think they should start taxing religions!

Can somebody please dig up the golden tablets!! Who puts the only proof god spoke to you directly in a hole and forgets where the hole is!!

Seriously !! Really ??

Get the story right. An angel took the plates back so that it would remain a matter of faith. Silly, isn't it. But that's not the point.

In reality, Mormonism is not much crazier than any other religion. Mormonism has its share of fanatics, but most Mormons are good, kind, hard-working people. They also don't believe that non-Mormons (or non-Christians) are headed for hell. While I don't really consider myself to be a person of faith, I admire how Mormons tend to relate to other religions with respect. I have never heard a harsh word about another religion in a Mormon Church meeting.

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 03:38 PM

Well, you take the good with the bad. While you are out busting your hump buying flowers and taking your wife out to dinner in order to get some play once every two weeks, I am hitting it with 4 different women each week. Bonus points for me is that as I get older the new wives will just get younger.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 03:43 PM
Get the story right. An angel took the plates back so that it would remain a matter of faith. Silly, isn't it. But that's not the point.

In reality, Mormonism is not much crazier than any other religion. Mormonism has its share of fanatics, but most Mormons are good, kind, hard-working people. They also don't believe that non-Mormons (or non-Christians) are headed for hell. While I don't really consider myself to be a person of faith, I admire how Mormons tend to relate to other religions with respect. I have never heard a harsh word about another religion in a Mormon Church meeting.

Let's take this discussion to SO.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 03:44 PM
Well, you take the good with the bad. While you are out busting your hump buying flowers and taking your wife out to dinner in order to get some play once every two weeks, I am hitting it with 4 different women each week. Bonus points for me is that as I get older the new wives will just get younger.

Very interesting contradiction to your earlier posts!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 03:45 PM

just a couple of pages ago

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 03:51 PM
What year did the Mormon church decide to allow black people into the "priesthood"?

The temple?

The BYU football team?

I'd be really curious to hear your answers to those questions, if you happen to know them (I doubt you do).

The Mormon Church did not allow blacks to have the priesthood until 1978. In my opinion, it was a shameful, racist policy. I would disavow any affiliation with Mormonism if this policy were still in effect. My grandmother's own brother-in-law was the one to cancel this racist policy.

The temple and the priesthood are associated with each other, so 1978 is the answer.

I'm certain that the BYU football team had African-American players prior to 1978.

Today about 5% of Mormons are of African descent.

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 03:54 PM
There have been black players playing football for the Sooners for 20 years longer than they've been allowed to worship in the mormon church. Now that's an interesting football fact!

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 03:55 PM
BYU to limp into opener vs. Oklahoma (http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_13212066)

OU_PhD
8/27/2009, 03:56 PM
Anyone here know the "smack" that Bronco Mendenhall was flapping his gums about?

SoonerCoug
8/27/2009, 03:57 PM
There have been black players playing football for the Sooners for 20 years longer than they've been allowed to worship in the mormon church. Now that's an interesting football fact!

African-Americans have been members of the Mormon Church since the 1830s. Membership was never forbidden. They simply were not allowed into the priesthood, which was a blatantly racist policy. Women are still not allowed into the priesthood, which is a blatantly sexist policy.

C&CDean
8/27/2009, 03:58 PM
Are you guys that thick, or are you just stupid? Judas H. Priest dry humping 14 frigid wives through thick petticoats guys, WTF is wrong with you? If somebody wants to open a thread about the OU/BYU football game go ahead on. If somebody wants to open a thread about who gets more virgins in heaven, and who believes what crazy crap it better be on the SO. Capice?