PDA

View Full Version : The demise of the Sooner line may have been greatly exaggerated

Crimson Dynasty
8/26/2009, 03:53 AM
The Linky (http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_236140845.html)

The demise of the Sooner line may have been greatly exaggerated
• Wilson believes Trent Williams is the best lineman he’s ever coached at Oklahoma

John Shinn
The Norman Transcript

NORMAN —
Usually it takes a few games for a player or a group of players to come under fire. Oklahoma’s offensive line didn’t even get to collect its equipment for the upcoming season before going under the microscope.

Some went so far as to call the group the plague that would bring the Sooners down this season.

“We’ve all heard it,” left guard Brian Simmons said. “It’s all motivation.”

It’s going to be harder to find a group of five men with a bigger chip on their shoulder this season than OU’s offensive line. What’s often forgotten is the group isn’t anywhere near as raw as some seem to believe.

At left tackle, Trent Williams is back for his senior year. Outside of Sam Bradford, his decision to stay in college could have the biggest impact on the Sooners this season.

He was an All-Big 12 performer at right tackle last season. He’ll move to the left side this season to protect the quarterback’s blind side. Offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson has gone to the wall in praising Williams.

“The best lineman that I’ve had since I’ve been here — and I had two former players [Jammal Brown and Davin Joseph] that walked out in this game called the Pro Bowl last year that were first-round picks — (but) the best lineman I’ve ever coached is (No.) 71, and it’s not close,” Wilson said.

But the Sooners are still replacing four starters. Also true, OU actually had as many as six starters last season. Simmons alternated at both guard spots over the last two seasons and started four games during the period.

“I’ve played a lot of games,” Simmons said. “I guess people either forget that or don’t acknowledge it.”

He’ll be the starter at left guard this season. In terms of experience, the left side is wealthier than just about any place in college football.

Elsewhere it gets interesting.

When spring football ended, OU thought it had a solid two-deep at center with redshirt freshman Ben Habern and Brian Lepak.

Both have been limited due to injury in preseason practice, forcing OU to shuffle things around. Stephen Good has worked at both guard and center throughout the preseason and will be a starter at one of the spots.

Tight end Brody Eldridge has also worked at center.

“Brody’s a blocking machine. He can play anywhere you want him to play,” offensive line coach James Patton said. “He’s smart, he can play center, he can play guard and he can play tackle, it doesn’t matter. He’s the best blocker in the league so It’s pretty natural for him.”

Switching Good to center has moved Jarvis Jones into the right tackle spot. Jones transferred in from LSU last season. Jones has experience, playing in seven games during LSU’s national championship season of 2007.

Cory Brandon has solidified himself as the starter at right tackle.

The injury issues have forced OU to try to create more versatility within the group. But once Habern fully recovers from a back injury, a consistent rotation and two-deep should settle in.

OU may not have the deep experience across the line it enjoyed the previous two years, but there’s certainly talent enough to believe the Sooners offense will continue to churn.

“If they are good they will be good on Saturdays and we won’t know until the end of the year, but right now they have been very, very positive through 18-practices,” Wilson said.

Knippz
8/26/2009, 07:40 AM
Yay!

StoopTroup
8/26/2009, 07:56 AM
When you are King of the mOUntain...they are gonna take a few shots at you. No matter...whether we're as good as last year...it doesn't matter. We need to be good this year. Our Returning Starters will bring them to the needed levels is my guess. Seeing them move Trent to Sam's blindside sounded like a good idea to me when I heard it.

BOOMER ! ! !

w0lfe
8/26/2009, 07:58 AM
:pop:

boomersooner28
8/26/2009, 08:41 AM
Man I'm getting boring. I can't even come up with good sarcasm after this.

Blitzkrieg
8/26/2009, 09:52 AM
I remember seeing that without question the meanest SOB on the team was Brody Eldridge, that was per the other players. I feel great about him being an emergency player or stepping into a spot if he has to.

This will be a fun season, we need an over/under on which week the press starts it's annual downgrading of the returning heisman underclassman to protect Archie Griffith. The reasoning will be that we once again surround him with so much talent that anyone could do it.

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2009, 09:56 AM
I agree about the Heisman thing, but not the motive. My perception is the Heisman voters think in retrospect it was a mistake to give Griffith 2 statues and do not want to do that again.

pweitkem
8/26/2009, 10:02 AM
I kind of agree with the idea that you only get 1 Heisman. It's a career acheivement award.

SoonersEnFuego
8/26/2009, 10:17 AM
Heh, Griffith.

budbarrybob
8/26/2009, 10:21 AM
I kind of agree with the idea that you only get 1 Heisman. It's a career acheivement award.

Nope. The media is more than willing to give T.Tbow another heisman, except for the fact that they can create/fabricate sympathy votes for the "underdog" McCoy.

Which means that for Bradford to take #2 a monster year, undefeated season and another trip to the MNC. Assuming they wait until the B12 CCG is played before they cast their vote.

SoonerDood
8/26/2009, 10:35 AM
Reminds me of 03 when Tommie Harris said the Oline was "too mean" in practice.

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2009, 11:02 AM
I swear people are ignorant when it comes to football. This years o-line and offense will be more explosive than last years; norvell has said the recievers are better, heupel has said that Sam is a better qb, Wilson has said this line is more talented than last year , and it's the best group of TE's he has ever had, plus Chris Brown is faster and Demarco is 100%. The only thing that could stop or hamper this team is poor adjustments and bad playcalling by the coaches.

BillyBall
8/26/2009, 11:05 AM
The only thing that could stop or hamper this team is poor adjustments and bad playcalling by the coaches.

I will see your poor adjustments and play calling and raise you "injuries".

Gresho Murford
8/26/2009, 11:13 AM
I swear people are ignorant when it comes to football. This years o-line and offense will be more explosive than last years; norvell has said the recievers are better, heupel has said that Sam is a better qb, Wilson has said this line is more talented than last year , and it's the best group of TE's he has ever had, plus Chris Brown is faster and Demarco is 100%. The only thing that could stop or hamper this team is poor adjustments and bad playcalling by the coaches.

i hope all of the above is true. I can't imagine our offense being better than it was last year even if we had the exact same team back. Do you have any links were these things were quoted?

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2009, 11:17 AM

Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I think questions about the O-line are legitimate. I don't doubt we've recruited well and these guys are great individual athletes. Also, the outgoing O-line was not without flaws. But the O-line has to play together as one coordinated group more than any other squad on the field. I don't question at all that this will be a very good line - the real question for me is will they be good enough by 10/17 after 5 games played? This is were the coaches will earn their paycheck.

TheBobbyTrain
8/26/2009, 11:18 AM

If you expect them to be world-beaters right off the bat, get ready to be disappointed. they have the size, speed, and talent. What they lack right now is cohesiveness and that comes with experience. BYU will give them a good game, we won't know anything from the Idaho St. game, Tulsa won't have the ability to give them a very strong test and Miami will challenge them- but they will earn game experience. By the time the Big 12 schedule rolls around they will get to know more of each other and how they react to game situations both individually as well as a unit - and at that time we'll see them come together and start destroying people.

fwsooner22
8/26/2009, 11:21 AM
Can we please start playing...............

JLEW1818
8/26/2009, 11:23 AM
we need to add a preseason game

that does not count, Idaho St does

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2009, 11:32 AM
i hope all of the above is true. I can't imagine our offense being better than it was last year even if we had the exact same team back. Do you have any links were these things were quoted?

I'll get them for you.

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2009, 11:59 AM
If you expect them to be world-beaters right off the bat, get ready to be disappointed. they have the size, speed, and talent. What they lack right now is cohesiveness and that comes with experience. BYU will give them a good game, we won't know anything from the Idaho St. game, Tulsa won't have the ability to give them a very strong test and Miami will challenge them- but they will earn game experience. By the time the Big 12 schedule rolls around they will get to know more of each other and how they react to game situations both individually as well as a unit - and at that time we'll see them come together and start destroying people.

Let me tell you how they are better. No.1 if you go back and watch the practice videos from 2007, 2008, and this year you will find something interesting; in the past the oline and d-line went against each other occasionally; this preseason, everyday these guys are going hard at each other, and guess what? The o-line is winning a lot of battles. They are practicing against Mccoy, Alexander, Beal, English, and coming out on top.

N0.2 Coach Wilson said that the first day of camp they added 18 new sets; he didnt have to teach these guys the offense, they were ready for more than the line could handle last year.

No. 3 Brian Simmons, Cory Brandon, Stephen Good, Habern, all saw action last year; in fact Simmons was in on the first touchdown drive against Florida. Jarvis Jones played on the lsu nc team, and they say he is nasty. By the way, Simmons destroys people in practice. In this vid Shipp tells McCoy to get some, because no one can handle him. As you watch think about how long it would take Murray or Brown to scat through that hole.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090817_ol_vs_dl.wmv&school=okla&

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090819_ol_vs_dl.wmv&school=okla&

Final reason, the coaches learned from 2005.

Breadburner
8/26/2009, 12:26 PM
I dont see how OUr line cannot be very good going up against that D-Line everyday.....I think we will rush the ball even better this year than last.....

rainiersooner
8/26/2009, 12:29 PM
Hmmm, that was some impressive play by the O-Line. I went to Husky Stadium to watch UW practice the other day. Watching their lineman do this exact drill (on both sides of the ball) compared to our lineman...wow, there is some serious disparity in college football - I don't care what people say.

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2009, 12:39 PM
TE
http://www.normantranscript.com/ousports/local_story_238003621.html?keyword=topstory

“I think it might be the most talented group we have,” Wilson said.

RB
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090825_92_B3_hPosit25635

WR i posted this before

Receivers coach Jay Norvell isn’t concerned with filling the holes.
“I think we’re more athletic than last year. I think we’re more explosive than last year,” he said. “Now, if that adds up to productiveness, I’m not sure. We’ve got to be really tough and disciplined to be productive. But, we’ve got athletes and in that respect we may have more of a deep threat than we had last year. I think there are lot of phrases that get thrown around out there like ‘go-to guy’, ‘number-one guy’, that sort of stuff. Obviously we want to have three players that can make plays and can beat man coverage and go long,” he said. I think we have the ability to stretch the field with three or four guys. And the more you keep pouring athletic ability into the position the more opportunities you have to make big plays. We’re trying to pour all the athletes we can on the field so they can be in a position to stretch the defense and make plays.”

The Line

The Sooners held a mini-scrimmage of 40-50 plays Tuesday night. Afterward, coach Bob Stoops praised the performance of the offensive line.

"I thought overall it was really competitive,” Stoops said. "I was proud of the offensive line, how they fought. They fought with a good defensive line all day, and there was good give-and-take both ways.”

"We started a little rusty coming into two-a-days," Good said, "but now we're in a rhythm and we're starting to get hats on hats, we're starting to block everybody, we're coming off the ball and everybody's just doing a great job."

OU Football Notebook: Offense has upper-hand in scrimmage
Published: August 13, 2009

Oklahoma's football practice Wednesday featured a scrimmage. By most accounts, the Sooners' high-powered offense outplayed the defense.

OU's Brody Eldridge, who until this year has played tight end for the Sooners, was called the best blocker on the team by star offensive lineman Trent Williams.

"I can admit it," said defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. "They teach us to admit our faults, be a man about it, and they got us in the end. But that just helps us."

McCoy said one of the big reasons for the offense's success was the play of the offensive line, specifically the play of Brian Simmons, who spends most of practice trying to block the All-American

I didnt even see this simmons qoute until now, i was just going off video.

Kevin Wilson

On the differences between last year and this year:
"We lost some guys, and that is documented, but we got a lot of guys coming back. Bottom line, every year we try to do what we can do to be efficient and give ourselves a chance to win. That's our goal. We're not trying to pad stats, we're not trying to get passing yards or rushing yards, we just need to get as many points as we need to win. Everybody's concerned about our (offensive) line. I'm not at all. I have a great deal of confidence in those guys, we're going to complement them with some tremendous supporting characters with the tight end, fullback and running back positions. I think it's got a chance to be a phenomenal group. I don't know if it will be statistically better, and I don't want it to be, I want it to give us a chance to win. As good as we were last year, we had some hiccups when we needed to make some plays down some stretches."
On losing four offensive linemen:

"For example, yesterday we were playing Brody Eldridge at center, who is the best blocker on our football team hands down and who weighs more than Jon Cooper did the last four games of last year. So we had a fifth year guy at center, with a fifth year guard beside him in Brian Simmons, who has started games here. Then you have the best lineman that I have had since I have been here, and I do have two former players that were in the pro bowl and were first round picks. The best lineman I have ever coached is No. 71 (Trent Williams), and it's not close. Trent only ran a 4.70 and 4.73 this summer at 312 pounds, that's all. That's a fact you can back it up with Coach Schmidt. On the right side, I have a freshman and then I have a fourth-year tackle Cory Brandon.

"We have a lot of talent. That line is as talented as any in this league and the country. It needs competition, it needs experience, it needs to grow. It's not seasoned, but it's talented. I can't help that it's not seasoned but I love the ability with what we're working with."

Here you go Gresho

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2009, 12:51 PM
Hmmm, that was some impressive play by the O-Line. I went to Husky Stadium to watch UW practice the other day. Watching their lineman do this exact drill (on both sides of the ball) compared to our lineman...wow, there is some serious disparity in college football - I don't care what people say.

Whats funny is I showed my fiance a vid of our practice and a video of Texas practice, and she said we look more aggressive. We may lose a game because no one is perfect and anything can happen; but I have a hard time seeing it.

soonerfan28
8/26/2009, 01:01 PM
Kevin Wilson

Then you have the best lineman that I have had since I have been here, and I do have two former players that were in the pro bowl and were first round picks. The best lineman I have ever coached is No. 71 (Trent Williams), and it's not close. Trent only ran a 4.70 and 4.73 this summer at 312 pounds, that's all. That's a fact you can back it up with Coach Schmidt. On the right side, I have a freshman and then I have a fourth-year tackle Cory Brandon.
I heard that on the news the other day. The dude is a beast.

TheBobbyTrain
8/26/2009, 01:23 PM
Let me tell you how they are better. No.1 if you go back and watch the practice videos from 2007, 2008, and this year you will find something interesting; in the past the oline and d-line went against each other occasionally; this preseason, everyday these guys are going hard at each other, and guess what? The o-line is winning a lot of battles. They are practicing against Mccoy, Alexander, Beal, English, and coming out on top.

N0.2 Coach Wilson said that the first day of camp they added 18 new sets; he didnt have to teach these guys the offense, they were ready for more than the line could handle last year.

No. 3 Brian Simmons, Cory Brandon, Stephen Good, Habern, all saw action last year; in fact Simmons was in on the first touchdown drive against Florida. Jarvis Jones played on the lsu nc team, and they say he is nasty. By the way, Simmons destroys people in practice. In this vid Shipp tells McCoy to get some, because no one can handle him. As you watch think about how long it would take Murray or Brown to scat through that hole.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090817_ol_vs_dl.wmv&school=okla&

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090819_ol_vs_dl.wmv&school=okla&

Final reason, the coaches learned from 2005.

you missed my point. i'm not debating on whether or not these guys will be good. it just won't happen immediately like people want it to.

practice =/= game.

i know a lot of guys got experience last year - subbing in and out here and there. they don't have game experience as a UNIT yet. if they are as good as you think they'll be from the opening snap then i'll be incredibly surprised

SoonerInLubbock
8/26/2009, 01:38 PM
When this season is over, Oklahoma will not only be known for having the nastiest defensive line in the country. The nation will have to recognize OU's offensive line......AGAIN.

We have the two best line's in the country practicing against each other. This is how it starts, and when OU plays with a chip on their shoulder. Nobody in the country can stop them.....not even ESPN. :cool:

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2009, 01:41 PM
What is your scale of measure? If you go off of points then maybe not; but if your judging from the amount of rush yards we generate against the better teams, or if we gain a yard in the most important game of the year, then I believe we will be. Hopefully you will be presently surprised.

I dont believe new faces mean a worse result, those guys were around for a long time, and they went back to the old bad habits against the quicker and better teams; jumping offsides, holding, and getting blown past by quicker defensive ends. Have you asked yourself why Orakpo was lined up on Loadholdts side, and not Trent's, or why the breakdown on the goal line came when Duke was in, and not Simmons? They did a great job for most of the year, but not when it counted, even KW admitted as much.

PhiDeltBeers
8/26/2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah Loadholt DID average 1 false start per series.

:D

goingoneight
8/26/2009, 02:10 PM
What is your scale of measure? If you go off of points then maybe not; but if your judging from the amount of rush yards we generate against the better teams, or if we gain a yard in the most important game of the year, then I believe we will be. Hopefully you will be presently surprised.

I dont believe new faces mean a worse result, those guys were around for a long time, and they went back to the old bad habits against the quicker and better teams; jumping offsides, holding, and getting blown past by quicker defensive ends. Have you asked yourself why Orakpo was lined up on Loadholdts side, and not Trent's, or why the breakdown on the goal line came when Duke was in, and not Simmons? They did a great job for most of the year, but not when it counted, even KW admitted as much.

Orakpo lined up on Loadholt for the same reason you want your best linemen on the left side... his job is to attack Sam's blind side. After 5 TDs, who do you think played better? It's not Loadholt's fault the defense gave up 45 points. When you score 35 points... you SHOULD win.

LawtonBoy74
8/26/2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah when you score 35 you should win I agree goingoneight...but Loadholt was getting abused a little bit in the game too.. I feel better with Cory Brandon, Ben Habern and Brian Simmons because they are athletic and big guys... Duke is not as athletic as Brian and Cory is more ahletic than Phil IMO...We will be ok for another reason because this year we have more guys who can contribute than last year, we actually have a lot more depth at the O-line position with guys like Jarvis Jones (who has a mean steak!!) Brian Lepak, Stephen Good, Donald Stephenson, and Tyler Evans (who Donald Stephenson said he was most impressed with)... We will definitely be better this year when it counts...maybe not 4000 yds of passing and two 1000 yard rushers but we will be better when it counts!!!!

OKC-SLC
8/27/2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah Loadholt DID average 1 false start per play.

fixed.

Gresho Murford
8/27/2009, 09:41 AM
we actually have a lot more depth at the O-line position

wow...it was good until here

Jello Biafra
8/27/2009, 09:48 AM
you missed my point. i'm not debating on whether or not these guys will be good. it just won't happen immediately like people want it to.

practice =/= game.

i know a lot of guys got experience last year - subbing in and out here and there. they don't have game experience as a UNIT yet. if they are as good as you think they'll be from the opening snap then i'll be incredibly surprised

they have a lot more experience as a unit than you think. voluntary workouts are officially voluntary but unofficially, are expected. read into that what you will....

they are practicing against a top 3 dline in the nation day in and day out and against 5 potential first day picks in the NFL draft.

i dont think we're saying they will dominate from the opening snap but, they will be better than ABOVE avaerage which is all we really need to move the ball effectively.

htownsooner7
8/27/2009, 10:23 AM
I think they CAN be good, but have a lot to get through first. You guys saying they are better than last year's team need to really back down, at least at first. They have not faced defensive units that are throwing new blitzes and new formations at them that will require perfect execution, perfect communication, all at game speed. You don't how they, as a unit, will react until faced with it. BYU will blitz, Miami will blitz in a different way than BYU, and Texas will be one of the best blitzing teams in the country. Don't crown this o-line just yet. If you are, you don't know football and sure as hell don't understand what it takes to be a great o-line unit.

LawtonBoy74
8/28/2009, 02:52 AM
http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090817_ol_vs_dl2.wmv&school=okla&

Watch Ben Habern in this drill!!! This is quite impressive and difficult for a center to do this, especially against a 300 pound monster like D. Granger.. Anyone whose ever had to do this drill before at center (like myself I might add lol) can truly appreciate this feat!!

adoniijahsooner
8/28/2009, 07:02 AM
More news about the line.

OU line responds strongly
Stung in spring, Sooners offensive front shrugs off "weak link" comment.

GOOD ATTITUDE
Kevin Wilson: OU's offensive coordinator says members of the Sooners' much-maligned offensive line have shown a good work ethic this summer.
By GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
Published: 8/28/2009 2:20 AM
Last Modified: 8/28/2009 4:30 AM

NORMAN — Bob Stoops' "weak link" remark directed at Oklahoma's offensive line last spring was literally staggering.

"It was like somebody caught you with a right hook," said guard Brian Simmons. "I was like, 'Whoa.' "

It seemed Simmons and fellow linemen like Trent Williams, Cory Brandon, Jarvis Jones, Stephen Good and Ben Habern had a choice to make.

"We talked about, OK, maybe if we weren't having a good spring, have a good summer," OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said of the maligned line, "so we can have a great preseason."

The summer reviews were positive. Habern, a potential heir to four-year starting center Jon Cooper, began texting quarterback Sam Bradford to work in extra snaps. Williams and Simmons, the senior combination on the left side of the line, began shepherding underclassmen.

"They were the ones trying to get us going," said Good, a sophomore expected to help replace Cooper as well as 2008 starting guards Duke Robinson and Brandon Walker. "They were the ones telling us, 'Hey, let's go, let's do this right.' "

So has the encouraging summer fed into preseason camp, as Wilson hoped?

"We're still a work in progress," he reported. "But it's been a good attitude and a good work ethic, and they're there every day and they're going at it every day. I think the talent's good. I think initially we didn't like their attitude and their work habits.

"But right now through the preseason they've been as good as anyone. That's very pleasing."

A lot of the progression has been natural. Last spring, Williams was coming off his third year of starting, but the only other lineman to have started at OU was Simmons (two games in both 2007 and '08). Everybody was getting situated.

Now?

"Guys are starting to communicate and talk," Simmons said. "The offensive line isn't just a bunch of big guys running in one direction. You've got to have communication."

Last spring, newcomers like Good, Habern and Jones, who was coming off a redshirt season after transferring from LSU, were a bit shellshocked by the Sooners' loaded defensive front seven. Now, they're used to blocking the likes of Gerald McCoy and Jeremy Beal. And they're much better for it.

"We feel like if we can block 'GK' (McCoy) in practice, who is probably one of the best D-tackles in the nation, we can block anybody," Williams said. "Auston English coming off the edge, Jeremy Beal coming off the other edge... Adrian Taylor is a force inside... Yeah, we have our hands full every practice. It definitely makes us better, though."

Jones, in the process, became "the big surprise of training camp," according to Simmons. "He just has a little tenacity, a little mean streak to him."

Good became, in Simmons' eyes, "probably the hardest worker on the offensive line."

Williams, the group's All-American candidate at left tackle, became as big a handful as he was at right tackle the past two years.

"You've got to come with it if you're going against him," defensive end Frank Alexander said.

So the weak link is getting stronger, practice by practice. Truth is, the drive to improve stems from Stoops' comments, at least in part.

"When Coach came out and said that in front of the media, it kind of got our attention," Habern said. "We were like, 'Wow. We definitely need to step it up.' It helped us change a lot. It helped us want to push ourselves harder."

Not that that's the sole motivation.

"As much as anything we've addressed (the line's development) with some competition, and getting on the field and coming to work," Wilson said. "Maybe that's some motivation, getting called out, and we've talked a lot about that. But I think competition has been the best thing."

"It's like a heavyweight fight," Simmons noted. "Every day."

And now, unlike last spring, OU's linemen are punching back.
No new status update on OU’s Balogun
For oklahoma football fans awaiting an update on mike Balogun, no news is just that — no news.

Balogun’s attorney, Woody Glass, said Wednesday that he had expected to hear Thursday whether or not the NCAA had made a decision on Balogun’s eligibility or if it had declared a date for doing so. But Glass said Thursday he had “not heard anything new.” He said the NCAA and its legal team were examining and investigating sworn affidavits that claimed Balogun did not play semi-pro football after his 21st birthday, and was hopeful the two parties could reach a compromise instead of following through with Balogun’s civil lawsuit.

At practice on Thursday, Austin Box continued to work exclusively at weakside linebacker instead of filling in for Balogun at middle linebacker behind starter ryan reynolds.

htownsooner7
8/28/2009, 01:25 PM
wow...it was good until here

Yeah, how in the hell does that make sense. Your starting offensive line this year (with the exception of T WIlliams) is your "depth" from last year. If they are so great, then your "depth" last year must have also been great.

LawtonBoy74
8/29/2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, how in the hell does that make sense. Your starting offensive line this year (with the exception of T WIlliams) is your "depth" from last year. If they are so great, then your "depth" last year must have also been great.

Well it will make sense when the season pans out.. Trust me.. I just think that we have more guys who can contribute on the O-line this year than we had last year

CatfishSooner
8/29/2009, 10:36 AM
nobody f'n knows how good this line will be...

htownsooner7
8/29/2009, 11:56 AM
nobody f'n knows how good this line will be...

Couldn't agree more.

o0Dan0o
8/29/2009, 12:14 PM

Every year some players leave and others come in, get a little older, a little bigger and a little faster. This is the way of football. By your logic, in a year or two we wouldn't have an offensive linemen.
Dan

MR2-Sooner86
8/29/2009, 01:33 PM
I say we wait until at least Miami before we start making big judgment calls.

Nothing against the coaches, they are smarter than me, but I remember Stoops saying the '06 D was his best ever before the season and....well. I have faith however and I hope what everybody says is right and this line blows people away.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/29/2009, 03:03 PM
over/under on how many false starts we get in the first game?

Curly Bill
8/29/2009, 03:17 PM
over/under on how many false starts we get in the first game?

meoveryouxinfinity
8/29/2009, 03:21 PM

over. one per q.

CK Sooner
8/29/2009, 03:50 PM
2!

Desert Sapper
8/29/2009, 03:56 PM
I can remember before the '05 season, quite a few folks were ranting about how it was a good thing most of the line from the year before was gone, because they were holding us back. I also recall that we had Davin Joseph back (a pro-bowler last year) and many of the same things were being said about him as are being said about T-Will. We lost probably the best O-Lineman we've had in the Stoops era when Jammal Brown got selected in the 1st round the year prior.

Much as I love all the coach speak, much as I appreciate that these guys are competing against a very good D-Line in practice, and much as I love all the one-on-one drill video, we won't know anything about this Line as a unit until the first snap against BYU.

adoniijahsooner
8/29/2009, 06:37 PM
I can remember before the '05 season, quite a few folks were ranting about how it was a good thing most of the line from the year before was gone, because they were holding us back. I also recall that we had Davin Joseph back (a pro-bowler last year) and many of the same things were being said about him as are being said about T-Will. We lost probably the best O-Lineman we've had in the Stoops era when Jammal Brown got selected in the 1st round the year prior.

Much as I love all the coach speak, much as I appreciate that these guys are competing against a very good D-Line in practice, and much as I love all the one-on-one drill video, we won't know anything about this Line as a unit until the first snap against BYU.

09/03/05 L TCU 17, Oklahoma 10 Norman 84,332
09/10/05 W Oklahoma 31, Tulsa 15 Norman 83,877
09/17/05 L UCLA 41, Oklahoma 24 Pasadena, Calif. 56,522
10/01/05 W Oklahoma 43, Kansas State 21 Norman 84,501
10/08/05 L Texas 45, Oklahoma 12 Dallas, Texas 75,452
10/15/05 W Oklahoma 19, Kansas 3 Kansas City, Mo. 54,109
10/22/05 W Oklahoma 37, Baylor 30 (2OT) Norman 83,456
10/29/05 W Oklahoma 31, Nebraska 24 Lincoln, Neb. 77,438
11/12/05 W Oklahoma 36, Texas A&M 30 Norman 84,943
11/19/05 L Texas Tech 23, Oklahoma 21 Lubbock, Texas 52,625 11/26/05 W Oklahoma 42, Oklahoma State 14 Norman 84,875
12/29/05 W Oklahoma 17, Oregon 14 San Diego, Calif. (Holiday Bowl

So this is what we have to look forward to, huh?

gaylordfan1
8/29/2009, 06:52 PM
I heard that Good will be taking over center for the BYU game. I thought Habern was cleared for full contact. I could be wrong. Anyone hear anything else?

htownsooner7
8/29/2009, 07:09 PM
My understanding is that Habern is the clear starter.

gaylordfan1
8/29/2009, 09:39 PM
Ok, I was wrong. Sounds like the starting line is this from LT- T. Williams, B. Simmons, B. Eldridge at center, J. Jones, C. Brandon. These are the starters according the insider. Although all o-line will play. I think they are giving Eldridge props for being so versatile... and they are trying to light a fire under Haberns tail pad. I could be wrong, this is just what I heard. We will see in one week. Cant wait.

LawtonBoy74
8/30/2009, 02:12 AM
Who knows.. i guess we wont find out till saturday.. The question marks at O-line is obviously a big one..considering how much debate has gone into this... and about the "05 season" we friggin had Bomar at QB who is no SAM BRADFORD by anymeans, and plus according to the NCAA that season doesnt exist anymore more lol

Desert Sapper
8/30/2009, 08:12 AM
09/03/05 L TCU 17, Oklahoma 10 Norman 84,332
09/10/05 W Oklahoma 31, Tulsa 15 Norman 83,877
09/17/05 L UCLA 41, Oklahoma 24 Pasadena, Calif. 56,522
10/01/05 W Oklahoma 43, Kansas State 21 Norman 84,501
10/08/05 L Texas 45, Oklahoma 12 Dallas, Texas 75,452
10/15/05 W Oklahoma 19, Kansas 3 Kansas City, Mo. 54,109
10/22/05 W Oklahoma 37, Baylor 30 (2OT) Norman 83,456
10/29/05 W Oklahoma 31, Nebraska 24 Lincoln, Neb. 77,438
11/12/05 W Oklahoma 36, Texas A&M 30 Norman 84,943
11/19/05 L Texas Tech 23, Oklahoma 21 Lubbock, Texas 52,625 11/26/05 W Oklahoma 42, Oklahoma State 14 Norman 84,875
12/29/05 W Oklahoma 17, Oregon 14 San Diego, Calif. (Holiday Bowl

So this is what we have to look forward to, huh?

Your sarcasm is palpable, sir. I'm not trying to tell you we'll suck like we did in 2005. I'm drawing a comparison to the posts we were making before that season.

I'm going to take a guess that Sam Bradford as a Junior is quite a bit better than Bomar was as a true freshman.

Our D should be pretty good this year (better, we'll say, than it was in 2005), based on last year's end of season performance and the return of so much talent.

Honestly, the only thing that bears resemblance to 2005 is the loss of our top WRs and 4/5 starters on the O-Line. Which, typically, does not instantly make you a better football team, contrary to some of your previous posts. When a coach says his team is more talented than the previous year, he is hinting at potential, not performance. As Wilson says, he can't change that they lack experience, but they are definitely showing what he wants to see.

The point I'm trying to get across is that you can take preseason hype with a grain of salt. There's a huge difference between an O-Line having the potential to be better than their predecessors and actually being better. I, personally, would love to see them perform to their potential, but that can't happen before a snap is taken.

adoniijahsooner
8/30/2009, 09:02 AM
Your sarcasm is palpable, sir. I'm not trying to tell you we'll suck like we did in 2005. I'm drawing a comparison to the posts we were making before that season.

I'm going to take a guess that Sam Bradford as a Junior is quite a bit better than Bomar was as a true freshman.

Our D should be pretty good this year (better, we'll say, than it was in 2005), based on last year's end of season performance and the return of so much talent.

Honestly, the only thing that bears resemblance to 2005 is the loss of our top WRs and 4/5 starters on the O-Line. Which, typically, does not instantly make you a better football team, contrary to some of your previous posts. When a coach says his team is more talented than the previous year, he is hinting at potential, not performance. As Wilson says, he can't change that they lack experience, but they are definitely showing what he wants to see.

The point I'm trying to get across is that you can take preseason hype with a grain of salt. There's a huge difference between an O-Line having the potential to be better than their predecessors and actually being better. I, personally, would love to see them perform to their potential, but that can't happen before a snap is taken.

Ok, I guess we'll see in 6 days, huh? Btw, if the line performs to their potential, will you come back to this thread, and say I was right?

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2009, 09:39 AM
The '05 team did not suck, IMO. It was an example of an excellent rebuilding job. There are questions to answer this year, but there is so much returning talent and experience, high expectations are justified.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2009, 10:03 AM
I have a feeling the line is going to be perfectly capable to start the season and flat out excellent by the end.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/30/2009, 11:26 AM
I have a feeling the line is going to be perfectly capable to start the season and flat out excellent by the end.

That's my general thought. It's not AS big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. (Which is what this article and posters are reiterating) In 2005 preseason, everyone was focused on Rhett Bomar, the o-line was overlooked for the most part. Now we know that they are our "weakness" of the team.

Me, I'm not so sold on the WR corps. *IF* DeMarco is healthy, it will help a bunch. Equally if Chris Brown is on fire. The running game must excel first for the WRs to develop, get confidence, etc. Of course, this all goes through the o-line.

I guess we'll see Saturday. I think they'll be adequate. I think they won't let BYU sack Sam once. He might be pressured a few times, but overall I think the o-line will get a B grade by the end of the day.

Let's just hope for no injuries.

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2009, 01:13 PM

That's my thinking as well. I don't see BYU as a huge challenge, we have too many weapons and I think our D will control the game if we start slowly. Obviously, Idaho state is a scrimmage. It gets tough with the hurricanes, golden and otherwise. And I think Baylor will be tough as well. Everyone talks about their QB and the guy is a stud, but I saw several of their games last year and I think the MVP is the coach. They played tougher and more disciplined than I've seen them play before and he will have them ready. (gawd, I hope Sic'em doesn't see this).

So it looks like a nice ramp-up in competition level to game 6 and we better be ready by then.

Desert Sapper
8/30/2009, 03:09 PM
Ok, I guess we'll see in 6 days, huh? Btw, if the line performs to their potential, will you come back to this thread, and say I was right?

Roger that. We definitely can't know before Saturday what this line will be capable of. If our line performs better than last season's line, I'll probably be so far beyond ecstatic, that I'll have no problem coming back to this specific thread and giving you kudos for expertly using your crystal ball. ;)

Keep in mind, that means we score better than 51.1 points, Rush for more than 198.5 yards, pass for more than 349.4 yards, and gain more than 547.9 total yards. If we do all that against BYU, I'll come back here and say you were right.

Hell, if we do that over a whole season, we'll probably have another crystal football in the trophy case. At that point, if you remember to remind me, I'll come back here and declare you the king of all preseason prognosticators or whatever the hell else you want me to say about you.

htownsooner7
8/30/2009, 03:58 PM
Exactly.

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2009, 05:36 PM
That's my thinking as well. I don't see BYU as a huge challenge, we have too many weapons and I think our D will control the game if we start slowly. Obviously, Idaho state is a scrimmage. It gets tough with the hurricanes, golden and otherwise. And I think Baylor will be tough as well. Everyone talks about their QB and the guy is a stud, but I saw several of their games last year and I think the MVP is the coach. They played tougher and more disciplined than I've seen them play before and he will have them ready. (gawd, I hope Sic'em doesn't see this).

So it looks like a nice ramp-up in competition level to game 6 and we better be ready by then.

I see everything. Omnipresence is a talent of mine.

Curly Bill
8/30/2009, 05:39 PM
Some of you guys think Baylor is gonna be tough? Seriously? :rolleyes:

There SicEm, feel better? ;) :D

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2009, 08:09 PM
Some of you guys think Baylor is gonna be tough? Seriously? :rolleyes:

There SicEm, feel better? ;) :D

I like Boulder's prediction better.

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2009, 09:18 PM
Just saying I wouldn't be shocked if Baylor is a tougher contest than BYU. Normally, I like having Baylor on the road and the tough teams at home. I'm happy to have Baylor at home this season. Dang, can't get anything past SicEm.

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 10:41 PM
Just saying I wouldn't be shocked if Baylor is a tougher contest than BYU.

Now that is an amazing statement.

I would love nothing more than to have OU come to Provo one year, but we all know that OU would never agree to a home and away with BYU.

Mountain West schools almost always end up scheduling two away and one at home or one away when it comes to scheduling BCS schools. Notre Dame is one of the few that will routinely agree to a home and away. Wyoming traveled to Tennessee and beat them last year. One might argue that Tennessee was a horrible team last year, which they were. But it's not like Wyoming wasn't the worst MWC team. I'd love to see more BCS schools travel to Laramie. It is pretty much the worst place to play college football in America (elevation, weather, and rowdy, drunken hicks--sort of like Oklahoma fans but at 7000 feet in the cold).

o0Dan0o
8/30/2009, 11:10 PM

I would love nothing more than to have OU come to Provo one year, but we all know that OU would never agree to a home and away with BYU.

Mountain West schools almost always end up scheduling two away and one at home or one away when it comes to scheduling BCS schools. Notre Dame is one of the few that will routinely agree to a home and away. Wyoming traveled to Tennessee and beat them last year. One might argue that Tennessee was a horrible team last year, which they were. But it's not like Wyoming wasn't the worst MWC team. I'd love to see more BCS schools travel to Laramie. It is pretty much the worst place to play college football in America (elevation, weather, and rowdy, drunken hicks--sort of like Oklahoma fans but at 7000 feet in the cold).

We agreed to a home-and-home (one at each school, what you called a home and away) with TCU, what makes you think we wouldn't do it with BYU?
Dan

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 11:12 PM
We agreed to a home-and-home (one at each school, what you called a home and away) with TCU, what makes you think we wouldn't do it with BYU?
Dan

Elevation.

JLEW1818
8/30/2009, 11:13 PM
BYU aint worth going to... i want OUr boys staying far away from Utah....

o0Dan0o
8/30/2009, 11:15 PM
Fair point, but I still think we could see it if the stars aligned correctly. I believe Stoops likes the early challenges, as they really prepare a team for a season.
Dan

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/30/2009, 11:17 PM
Elevation.

We go to Boulder about every other year, and it's higher up than you guys.

Nice try.

SoonerCoug
8/30/2009, 11:20 PM
We go to Boulder about every other year, and it's higher up than you guys.

Nice try.

They're in your conference, and you have less to lose by playing there. It's no secret that BYU has struggled to get BCS teams to come to Provo.

silverwheels
8/30/2009, 11:28 PM
I'd love to see more BCS schools travel to Laramie. It is pretty much the worst place to play college football in America (elevation, weather, and rowdy, drunken hicks--sort of like Oklahoma fans but at 7000 feet in the cold).

Stay classy, Coug. :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
8/31/2009, 10:14 AM

Just said I wouldn't be shocked if Baylor was a tougher contest than BYU; I didn't call out your mother. I wouldn't be shocked the other way either. It was meant as respect to Baylor and their new coach than a knock on BYU. It is also acknowledging matchups. It appears that a great pass rush will be a big part of OU's game this season and Baylor has a tough QB who is faster than any pass rusher. He is going to be a pain in the neck for all opponents. But is just one guy. I was also acknowledging that conference foes and especially division foes prepare more for us and carry knowledge from previous years. Obviously that goes both ways, but I think the matchup with us will be problematic for BYU. But we shall see.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2009, 01:45 PM
Stoops: "Best Conditioned Line in 5 or 6 Yrs."

On the offensive line

"I think they have come together more and more. By a guy being able to play multiple positions, it has created competition even though we're still thin as far as the number of guys we have.

"We have some quality guys that are juniors and seniors and have been around and played enough that we're not having to rely on freshmen. And it has created competition.

"I think between coach Patton and coach Wilson, the two of them have really created some competition and they (the offensive linemen) have gotten better. They go against a really good defensive front every day. I've noticed the progression. In the past week, their conditioning after practice has been maybe the best that I have seen from our offensive linemen in the last five or six years. There's some positive there."

stoops the eternal pimp
8/31/2009, 05:04 PM
They're in your conference, and you have less to lose by playing there.

That really doesn't make sense...a non conference early game is more important than a conference game....

OU played a home and away with a school called Air Force a while back also btw...I would guess the elevation there was probably a little steep as well

o0Dan0o
8/31/2009, 05:15 PM
"...In the past week, their conditioning after practice has been maybe the best that I have seen from our offensive linemen in the last five or six years. There's some positive there."

Using my handy, dandy Stoops translator, this means!?!?!

They all died from heat stroke last week...

BoulderSooner79
8/31/2009, 05:19 PM
Using my handy, dandy Stoops translator, this means!?!?!

They all died from heat stroke last week...

My translator says "there is no more to be gained by calling them out, so it's time to give them a few strokes before game day".

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2009, 11:01 PM
uhmmm..no it was not exaggerated..at least not now

Not sure why Kevin Wilson was trying to blow smoke up everybody's butt

Desert Sapper
9/5/2009, 11:12 PM
I think Stoops was right.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2009, 11:20 PM
yup....

I think they knew they had problems going in to this game..and thats why sam had 6 pass attempts up until the drive right before the half

landrun
9/6/2009, 12:00 AM
I can handle the lack of talent. Or lack of experience. Whatever you want to call it.

But the endless motion penalties can't be ignored and should be addressed. Motion penalties cost us a couple of TDs in the national championship game and you'd think someone other than us fans would get sick of seeing them.

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2009, 12:04 AM
The coaches are gonna whup some *** this week.

En_Fuego
9/6/2009, 02:37 AM

The players should be whipping their a$$

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2009, 09:35 AM
Eat your crow boys

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 09:57 AM
ok

douxpaysan
9/6/2009, 11:51 AM
uhmmm..no it was not exaggerated..at least not now

Not sure why Kevin Wilson was trying to blow smoke up everybody's butt

Up that legendary African river, d-Nile

OlRedMagic
9/6/2009, 02:15 PM

How many times have we heard that line as well, homer?

Every time the coaches **** up it's always the same tired schtik.

htownsooner7
9/6/2009, 02:45 PM
You seem pretty excited that our o-line failed; a phrase like that sounds as though it should be coming out of BYU, TX, or OSU fans, not a sooner. What's your problem?

No one is happy. YOU need to eat crow. You and your little friends bitched at people like myself who said you were off base. You went so far as to tell someone that he had to come back and admit he was wrong if he was wrong about the line. Turns out you were completely wrong. Like I said, they may end up being good but saying 2009 line was better at this point was flat out assinine. Admit it.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 04:40 PM
Yep currently the O-line is way worse than last years and I'll be the first to admit it only because they aren't as experienced and mentally sound. But what I will say is that they give way more effort than last years line, every play those guys gave 110% effort...Sh!t Jarvis Jones got a penalty for un necessary roughness when he pancaked a guy as the whistle blowed(which was BS) and I remember Duke Robinson having lazy reps at times last year IMO

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 05:43 PM
ok

htownsooner7
9/6/2009, 06:01 PM
I don't have time to find all your threads. You made an underhanded comment to the person who said eat some crow. I'm really not interested in your analysis of my life. Everyone else shouldn't be very interested in your analysis of OU football.

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 06:04 PM
ok

htownsooner7
9/6/2009, 06:10 PM
Dont worry about my life. Dont talk about my family. Every one of my posts has been about OU football and nothing else. Lets leave it there.

IBleedCrimson
9/6/2009, 06:10 PM
you two fight like norwegians- russell crowe, southpark

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2009, 06:19 PM
Dont worry about my life. Dont talk about my family. Every one of my posts has been about OU football and nothing else. Lets leave it there.

It's been about ignorance and negativity towards the football team, and not much else. You woke up this morning and went to church maybe, turned down time with friends just so you can write a post about how wrong I was about the o-line; but you made yourself look like an idiot, because I had already said I was wrong.

htownsooner7
9/6/2009, 06:25 PM
Move on.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 06:47 PM
Guys Guys can we all just get along :D
You see what losses do it just tears away at our inner souls
If we won I guarantee ya'll wouldn't be arguing

soonermix
9/6/2009, 07:23 PM
Yep currently the O-line is way worse than last years and I'll be the first to admit it only because they aren't as experienced and mentally sound. But what I will say is that they give way more effort than last years line, every play those guys gave 110% effort...Sh!t Jarvis Jones got a penalty for un necessary roughness when he pancaked a guy as the whistle blowed(which was BS) and I remember Duke Robinson having lazy reps at times last year IMO

unfortunately most of that extra 10% was just before the ball was snapped.

LawtonBoy74
9/6/2009, 07:25 PM
LMAO yeah you might have a point

TXBOOMER
9/6/2009, 07:33 PM
The players should be whipping their a$$

Desert Sapper
9/6/2009, 11:38 PM
I want to see a complete turnaround from this O Line. One can only expect improvement with each game. As a minimum, I want to see less mental mistakes.

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2009, 06:29 AM
That's the thing; they were not beat up physically, just mentally, when they catch on like they did on occasion, I think we will be just fine.

Sasakwa
9/7/2009, 10:27 AM
Some mistakes are mental, like a false start. The holding penalties may be because they were getting beat physically. I don't think we can say every flag was mental.

Desert Sapper
9/7/2009, 01:54 PM
Most of them getting beat was them being out of position. I would consider those mental errors.

I'm holding out some hope. We can only go up from here.

LawtonBoy74
9/7/2009, 04:00 PM
Holding penalties to me are always a mental mistake, because the coaches always teach you to keep your hands inside.. I felt like the refs honestly was screwing us alot on the holding penalties, they missed alot of holding penalties against BYU they held one of our D-lineman on every single play

Desert Sapper
9/8/2009, 10:42 PM
Holding penalties to me are always a mental mistake, because the coaches always teach you to keep your hands inside.. I felt like the refs honestly was screwing us alot on the holding penalties, they missed alot of holding penalties against BYU they held one of our D-lineman on every single play

I agree on both accounts. BYU held GMac on every play and our DEs were getting mauled.

Our O-Line was getting beat, though, so even though they know better, they had to do something. I just can't honestly forgive all the missed assignments. Hopefully the coaches can't either. Hopefully the other players can't either. Great teams suffer adversity. It's what they do with that adversity that makes the difference in the season. It's put up or shut up time.

Barry Stoops
9/8/2009, 10:46 PM

Good lord, if it's not guys whining about late hits, it's crying about the referees.

We got beat, it's sad but its the truth. Quit crying and act like a Sooner.

KRYPTON
11/9/2009, 10:40 AM
bumped for humor.

Desert Sapper
11/9/2009, 01:38 PM
Most of us were realistic about our expectations for this O-Line. We had to replace 4 starters. You don't magically reload O-Line chemistry that quickly. Next year will probably be better. A lot better.

Sasakwa
11/9/2009, 01:46 PM
The demise of the Sooner line may NOT have been greatly exaggerated.

There.

princetonsooner
11/9/2009, 06:44 PM
As I have said before we have got to find a way to run the football. We have abandoned the run and we will not beat a GOOD football team until we establish some sort of a run game. We may get past a&m but not tech or osu. Find a way to run the ball or finish 6 - 6. BOTTOM LINE

cvsooner
11/9/2009, 07:06 PM
Running the ball basically means your line blocks better than the defense can shed the blocks and make the tackles. Consistently. We can't do that this year.

VA Sooner
11/9/2009, 07:52 PM
And losing Eldridge for the year hurts us too.

Third and fourth stringers now.