PDA

View Full Version : have any of you noticed this?

soonerchris
8/26/2009, 01:33 AM
Go to the whorn board and skim the topics. They believe the media, aka big brother, has it in for them so no way can they win the mnc this year and were using the media as a secret weapon! Comical!
Go to oswho and they're in disbelief a big time program,aka jor ja, would come to town (ok, me too!) and the fans won't stay cuz there's nothing to do (duh!)
Go to gatorbate and there convinced that 1. They should multiply and spread the gospel of you know who 2. Hold no serious talks about the vaunted sec games (cuz of tough ooc schedule). 3. Repeat #1. this board has made 0 excuses about the polls or media sinking us. In fact its been said it'll be used for motivation to attain a greater edge in competition. We sure as hell don't have nor does sam an arrogance or self entitlement to something not earned. And we damn sure aren't worried about what other fans think cuz it'll hurt our feelings! My point is this: I'm honored to be called a sooner fan from the sooner state and am proud of this board for the quality of posts and topics!! BOOMER SOONER!! No more beer tonight, promise!

sooner59
8/26/2009, 01:38 AM
What about shots?

Collier11
8/26/2009, 01:44 AM
or cheese

Crimson Dynasty
8/26/2009, 02:30 AM
Go to the whorn board and skim the topics. They believe the media, aka big brother, has it in for them so no way can they win the mnc this year and were using the media as a secret weapon! Comical!

Actually, I went to a whorn board lastnight out of sheer boredom to see what they might be talking about & you're absolutely correct about this. It appears, to me, they are sooo shell-shocked about what happened to them last year, concerning the Big XII Championship game, that they're convinced their only shot of representing the south div. for the championship game and getting into a national title game this season is to go undefeated (even with a scenario of all other teams being at 1-2 losses). It was actually almost sad to see so many references of how tough of a schedule they claim to have while being hysterically funny at the same time :D . It's just one of those things you have to see for yourself to really get a grasp on. Be forewarned though... My IQ seems to have suffered a lot after leaving that unholy place called hornfans. The thread, "We have a tough regular season!" should give an indication of what I'm talking about. As soonerchris said, I'm delighted SoonerFans.com is home for me!

beer4me
8/26/2009, 06:38 AM
I only went to those boards once and can't go anymore it takes to long to wash the stank off me after I leave them:(

Jacie
8/26/2009, 07:15 AM
It was actually almost sad to see so many references of how tough of a schedule they claim

Not in this order but in case you haven't committed the sa*et schedule to memory, here it is:

Louisiana-Monroe
UTEP
@Wyoming
UCF
The five South Division Big XII opponents
Colorado
@Missouri
Kansas

I guess it is a compliment to Oklahoma that they are claiming to have a tough schedule because none of the other teams listed are a threat to win a conference championship or play in a BCS game.

That they consider this to be a tough schedule (even though this comes from fans) is indication yet again of the whorn mindset.

Get ready for the whining to commence.

sa*et fans = crybabies

Desert Sapper
8/26/2009, 07:18 AM
Who does Florida even play this year?

Charleston Southern
Troy
Tennessee
@ Kentucky
@ LSU - first decent competition of the year
Arkansas
@ Miss State
UGA - hard to say how good
Vandy
@ South Cackalacky
FIU
Florida State - should be better than the 9-4 they were last year

So, outside of the SEC Championship...3 games, and no world beaters. SEC...pffffft.

Desert Sapper
8/26/2009, 07:24 AM
I'll add that at least LSU has to play @ Bama and @ Ole Miss.

The toughest games on the Tejas schedule are the two top 10 games. RRS and the game @ Okie Lite.

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2009, 07:39 AM
You gotta remember...

All those guys are pansies!

XFollower
8/26/2009, 07:55 AM
Louisiana-Monroe
UTEP
@Wyoming
UCF

Oh my, that's devastating. I hope they make it through.

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2009, 08:08 AM
I hope they lose 2 of them!

Landthief 1972
8/26/2009, 01:24 PM
Louisiana-Monroe
UTEP
@Wyoming
UCF

You'd have to comb through a decade of OU's non-con games to pull that mediocre of a list together. Geez.

oudivesherpa
8/26/2009, 05:00 PM
Louisiana-Monroe
UTEP
@Wyoming
UCF

It not because of the media, it's because of their schedule that UT puts themselves in a big hole this year, they will have to win out to get a chance for the NC. The computer ranking are going to kill them on the lack of strenght of their non-conference schedule. UT's 2009 total schedule is projected at #40 in terms of difficulty, while OU's is projected to be the 3rd strongest.

VA Sooner
8/26/2009, 05:07 PM
I'm rooting for LSU against Florida this year... we'll see if Jordan Jefferson can connect with Brandon LeFell this year, their star receiver. Lack of defense killed them last year... should be better this year.

But only for one game.

StoopTroup
8/26/2009, 05:08 PM
Once the whorns weren't able to understand that they lost to Texas Tech...there was very little reason to read anything they had to say IMO.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/26/2009, 05:26 PM
I hope they lose 2 of them!

I don't. I want them to be undefeated and ranked 1 spot ahead of us when we whip that a**.

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2009, 05:39 PM
I really feel the same way, but I would take great joy in them losing some of those games.

soonerchris
8/27/2009, 12:22 AM
Holy cow have you seen colts beard!?!! Who knew he hit puberty!! It looks like an old amos and andrew drawn on beard! Hilarious!! Saw it on espnu show

Desert Sapper
8/27/2009, 02:43 AM
I really feel the same way, but I would take great joy in them losing some of those games.

The only people that wouldn't celebrate a Texas loss wear burnt orange on Saturdays and/or work for ESPN.

At the same time, it would be much more satisfying to have them undefeated coming into RRS, hear Brent Musberger and whomever else blather about how the whorns have something big to prove (despite the fact that they won last year), and then spank their asses all over the field.

adoniijahsooner
8/27/2009, 06:19 AM
Once the whorns weren't able to understand that they lost to Texas Tech...there was very little reason to read anything they had to say IMO.

Very true.

illinisooner
8/27/2009, 10:04 AM
Hey man, at Wyoming is tough...you don't just waltz into War Memorial Stadium and walk out with an easy victory! Mack probably forgot this game is at altitude (7,200 feet) and we could see the Horns tire late in the second half if it's at all close.

stoopified
8/27/2009, 10:18 AM
NOPE