PDA

View Full Version : Courtney to play in Israel....

Salt City Sooner
8/25/2009, 05:00 PM
Courtney Paris, one of the best collegiate centers in recent years and a Sacramento Rookie, signed with Maccabi Ashdod for the upcoming season.

Courtney Paris (21, 6'4) was the 7th pick overall by the Sacramento Monarchs in the 09' WNBA draft. So far she had played in 25 games and started in six. She's averaging 5.3 points and 4 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game, a stat line that in no way reflects what a star she was in college. The Oklahoma grad was considered one of the best players in the nation. In her senior season Paris averaged 15.9 points, 13.6 boards and 2.9 blocks per game as she won her 3rd Big 12 player of the year.

Paris' career stats in Oklahoma stand at 19.9 points, 14.8 boards and 3.3 blocks per game. She has made the Big 12's all defensive team four times. She is the first player in college hoops, male or female, to record 2,500 points and 2,000 rebounds in her career. She also has a twin sister, Ashley, who also played for the Sooners and was drafted by LA.

Paris is a very physical player with a verity of post moves, something that we're not that used to seeing in our guard-heavy league. Paris became a little more famous after her promise to pay back her scholarship is she and OU don't win the title in her senior year. They fell to Louisville in the semis, but nobody in Oklahoma was about to let Paris pay back 64,000$. As one of the best players in program history, she was certainly worth every penny.

Paris joins Natasha Lacy, Ornit Shwarts, Shiran Zairy, Rivi Grinboym and Nofar Shalom.

http://www.safsal.co.il/earticle.aspx?id=14812

ouwapiti
8/25/2009, 05:14 PM
wonder if she can make a 2 foot shot in israel

picasso
8/25/2009, 10:23 PM
wonder if she can make a 2 foot shot in israel

I'm betting she's made more than you have.

Boomer.....
8/26/2009, 07:53 AM
So I guess she was cut by Sacramento?

badger
8/26/2009, 10:03 AM
So I guess she was cut by Sacramento?

You have to remember that the WNBA season is only during the summer aka the non-NBA months. As such, most players find alternate leagues to play in during the WNBA offseason.

I doubt CP3 was cut. She is still listed on their roster here. (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/courtney_paris/index.html?nav=page) This is probably just her finding work during the offseason. Cali's d@mn expensive, after all.

Thanks for the CP3 update!

NormanPride
8/26/2009, 10:45 AM

I could take her in one-on-one.

;)

Collier11
8/26/2009, 11:18 AM

They werent a D1 athlete and the supposed best player in the conf/nation. Paris only hurt herself by not caring about conditioning and it showed as she got worse every year after her soph season

picasso
8/26/2009, 11:28 AM
They werent a D1 athlete and the supposed best player in the conf/nation. Paris only hurt herself by not caring about conditioning and it showed as she got worse every year after her soph season

and I'm almost certain she's made more than you have.

ouwapiti
8/26/2009, 03:02 PM
picasso, you might want to some research before you make bets....but hey, i did enjoy your 7th grade response...... however, you're correct, she probably has made more than me since i was a point guard

Collier11
8/26/2009, 03:29 PM
and I'm almost certain she's made more than you have.

Ha, are win in middle school now? As a matter of fact it you would be surprised to know that I can play a little ball, just ask STEP ;)

No one was saying she was bad but she certainly never got any better and didnt seem to care either based off of her weight and conditioning. If she could make a 5 foot shot her senior year we would have been in the natl title game

stoopified
8/26/2009, 05:39 PM
Ha, are win in middle school now? As a matter of fact it you would be surprised to know that I can play a little ball, just ask STEP ;)

No one was saying she was bad but she certainly never got any better and didnt seem to care either based off of her weight and conditioning. If she could make a 5 foot shot her senior year we would have been in the natl title gameWhile I do understand your point ,you can't lay all that on Courtney.If Ashley,DRob or others had stepped up we would have made the finals too.CP3 was HIGHLY recruited and TOUTED while in college ,so was Ashley.When you are the #1 recruit it is an awful burden to carry.Asley did not carry that burden but she did not live up to he rhype either. I personally that burden weighed heavily on CP3 and had as much to do with her missed shots her senior year as conditioning.I have no idea if her senior year shotting % was lower than previous years but it did seem so to me

.Hasborough(sp?) of UNC is overratted too so what? Have we not seen that before? Waymon (bless his soul) was a stud in college but average in the NBA.Sheldon Williams,stud in HS,at DUKE,dud in NBA.I don't know if CP3 will ever be a starter in the WNBA much less a starter BUT it looks like she is going to work on her game .She is a SOONER for life and wether she EVER becomes a star I will always lover her for her contributions to OU women's basketball.

Collier11
8/26/2009, 07:35 PM
Thats the thing, im not criticizing her pro career, im criticizing her lack of work ethic. Because of her unwillingness to get in shape, it hurt this team her last two years

Eielson
8/26/2009, 08:03 PM
I think Blake Griffin was better.

Curly Bill
8/26/2009, 08:12 PM
I personally that burden weighed heavily on CP3

Yeah there was something weighing heavily on her, except when she was sitting on it. ;)

Collier11
8/26/2009, 09:27 PM
I personally loved CP and what she did for OU, she made womens bball interesting to alot of people like me who never cared before...(other than when Stacy Dales and her hot self was playing)

I just think she could have done alot more than she did if she had gotten her body into better shape

Curly Bill
8/26/2009, 09:29 PM
She was a helluva player, she coulda been much better.

picasso
8/26/2009, 09:53 PM

No one was saying she was bad but she certainly never got any better and didnt seem to care either based off of her weight and conditioning. If she could make a 5 foot shot her senior year we would have been in the natl title game

wow, you can play a little ball. So can I, I used to play pickup ball with D-1 players. But I never accomplished what CP has done. neither have you.;)

I'm not ready to blame the the girls team not getting a title solely on her. As I seem to recall we needed more of a perimeter game for years.

oh well.

picasso
8/26/2009, 09:54 PM
picasso, you might want to some research before you make bets....but hey, i did enjoy your 7th grade response...... however, you're correct, she probably has made more than me since i was a point guard

no thanks. I'm doubting seriously you were ever a conference player of the year.

and my 7th grade work contained dirty words.

Collier11
8/26/2009, 10:32 PM
wow, you can play a little ball. So can I, I used to play pickup ball with D-1 players. But I never accomplished what CP has done. neither have you.;)

I'm not ready to blame the the girls team not getting a title solely on her. As I seem to recall we needed more of a perimeter game for years.

oh well.

This yr our guards were damn good and if courtney could have made 2 or 3 of the chippys that she missed we would have been in the title game. Not blaming the loss on her, just saying she could have made a greater impact had she committed herself

BTW, you are the one who was trying to compare her to me and the other guy initially as if that holds any water in this discussion :confused:

picasso
8/26/2009, 10:35 PM
This yr our guards were damn good and if courtney could have made 2 or 3 of the chippys that she missed we would have been in the title game. Not blaming the loss on her, just saying she could have made a greater impact had she committed herself

BTW, you are the one who was trying to compare her to me and the other guy initially as if that holds any water in this discussion :confused:
ah my bad. just trying to take up for a Sooner great.

Boomer.....
8/27/2009, 07:49 AM
Ashley is also heading to Israel to play but on a different team.

http://www.safsal.co.il/earticle.aspx?id=14822

badger
8/27/2009, 08:46 AM
Boys. :rolleyes:

Sooner04
8/27/2009, 08:56 AM
Waymon (bless his soul) was a stud in college but average in the NBA.
He was a good NBA player on some horrible teams. Averaged 15 points a game for his career. I'd say that's a little better than average.

And Courtney did herself and her team a tremendous disservice by neglecting her conditioning. I don't think there's any denying that. Kinda sad.

Collier11
8/27/2009, 09:49 AM
ah my bad. just trying to take up for a Sooner great.

Let me ask you this then, do you not think if she had gotten in better shape and lost 10 or 15lbs she would have been in better shape and therefore probably wouldnt have missed those 5 or 6 close range shots that she missed in the Final 4 when we lost by 1pt

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 09:53 AM

I can state for a fact that C11's church league numbers were way better than CP's WNBA numbers....and comparable to her senior season

Collier11
8/27/2009, 10:00 AM
not to mention the assists

picasso
8/27/2009, 10:10 AM
Let me ask you this then, do you not think if she had gotten in better shape and lost 10 or 15lbs she would have been in better shape and therefore probably wouldnt have missed those 5 or 6 close range shots that she missed in the Final 4 when we lost by 1pt

well being in shape might have helped of course. I just think it's funny she's getting dogged so much on here when if she had better help earlier we certainly would have won those late games.

Sure she could have done better but you're a @#$%* if you don't appreciate what she did for OU.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 10:17 AM
oh he is a @$%&* regardless of what he thinks of cp

Collier11
8/27/2009, 10:25 AM
well being in shape might have helped of course. I just think it's funny she's getting dogged so much on here when if she had better help earlier we certainly would have won those late games.

Sure she could have done better but you're a @#$%* if you don't appreciate what she did for OU.

When did I EVER say I dont appreciate what she did for OU, I guess you are putting words in my mouth now?

I said all along I loved CP and I actually started watching womens bball cus of her, she was a great athlete and an amazing bball player so get your panties out of a wad.

Im not quite sure why you are getting so defensive because I would expect more out of our best player, isnt the best player on the team supposed to be the hardest worker on the team? If that is asking too much then I guess you are the one who doesnt know much about sports.

It is a proven fact that if you are not in great shape you will have less stamina and focus when it gets late in the game which in turn will cause you to make bad decisions and miss layups, thats right, layups!

Collier11
8/27/2009, 10:26 AM
oh he is a @$%&* regardless of what he thinks of cp

Someone must want another spanking!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 10:30 AM
as long as I don't have to yell out your church league stats between swats

badger
8/27/2009, 10:37 AM
I think it should be an unwritten rule that we only call out the condition of opponents in women's basketball.

Regardless of what CP3 did or didn't do her senior year, her heart was in the right place (offering to give her scholly back if OU didn't have a championship?!?!) and she was the only four-time All-American in the sport's history and we should all be proud of everything she accomplished while at Oklahoma.

The only way that CP3 wouldn't beat you into a little man-pancake (man-cake?) on the basketball court would be if she took pity on you... which she might, because she is one of the nicest people in the world.

Collier11
8/27/2009, 10:38 AM

as long as I don't have to yell out your church league stats between swats

Thank You sir may I have 2 more ppg!

Collier11
8/27/2009, 10:40 AM
For the 2nd time, what does her playing me one on one or her skills compared to mine have to do with this argument? You guys and gals are way off base, if I am hitting a nerve then it mustve been a real issue because you both are obviously ignoring the 3 or 4 times I have talked about my affection and respect for CP

badger
8/27/2009, 11:02 AM
The only nerve strike to me is people diminishing CP3's accomplishments at OU based on her inability to lose weight like her sister did or that she didn't put up the same exact numbers or at least improving numbers subsequent to her amazing froshie year.

I was sad beyond belief that OU did not get another crack at the title game against the Puke-on Fuskies, but considering that our program's only been to one other Final Four, it was still a good run.

:pop: football offseason looms as always

Collier11
8/27/2009, 11:13 AM
The only nerve strike to me is people diminishing CP3's accomplishments at OU based on her inability to lose weight like her sister did or that she didn't put up the same exact numbers or at least improving numbers subsequent to her amazing froshie year.

I was sad beyond belief that OU did not get another crack at the title game against the Puke-on Fuskies, but considering that our program's only been to one other Final Four, it was still a good run.

:pop: football offseason looms as always

NO ONE IS DIMINISHING HER ACCOMPLISHEMENTS OR WHAT SHE DID FOR OU!!!!!!!

Atleast im not, all I AM SAYING is that if she had committed herself and gotten in shape like her sister, her stamina would have been better at the end of games and because of that she wouldnt have missed so many easy shots.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 11:18 AM
personally c11, i think your post is racist

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 11:18 AM
and just dumb

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 11:19 AM
a little shallow

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 11:19 AM
mostly racist

badger
8/27/2009, 11:20 AM
I'm finished here. Congrats CP3 on your overseas deal.

Collier11
8/27/2009, 11:23 AM
Thank goodness!

Collier11
8/27/2009, 11:23 AM
mostly racist

You know me too well! :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 11:26 AM
I know what your saying....

She was a great basketball player here OU, did some great things, but it could have been more if there had more of an effort to get in shape...correct?

Collier11
8/27/2009, 11:35 AM
See, wasnt that easy to understand

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2009, 12:20 PM
HOW DARE YU!