PDA

View Full Version : Home and Away Series

tru2ou
8/25/2009, 04:48 PM
What teams would you most like Oklahoma to play in a home and away series? I enjoyed going to Notre Dame and I'm glad they are coming to Norman. Alabama was amazing. I enjoyed going to Syracuse, Cal, San Diego State and Air Force (are they ever coming to Norman?). I'll enjoy the trip to Miami this year.

However, there are a couple of teams I'd like to see come to Norman. What do you think?

1. Michigan - I would love to see a game in Ann Arbor and see Michigan in Norman.
2. Georgia - The "Stick it to the Man" bowl from the 80's.
3. Clemson - I'd like to see a game in Death Valley.

Those are my top 3, any others?

- Tru

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 04:51 PM
Air Force and Florida State come next year

soonerinabilene
8/25/2009, 05:00 PM
I think alabama was an amazing series, and should be duplicated soon. I would love a home and home with Tennessee, Penn State, and Va Tech.

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 05:04 PM
we play FSU 2010,2011

we play ND, 2012,2013

we play Tennessee 2014,2015

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/future_football_schedules.html

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2009, 05:07 PM
Va Tech would be a great clash of philosophies -(especially last seaon.)

Beemer ball - all we need is defense and special teams to win

vs.

KW ball - we don't need no stinkin' defense or special teams if we score 60

Of course our D is going to get better, but we'll always emphasis offense as long as KW is there and Beemer isn't going to change.

oudivesherpa
8/25/2009, 05:19 PM
Illinois, have we ever played them? and Rice, I love watching the MOB.

soonersam
8/25/2009, 05:32 PM
Wisconsin!!! Games Days in Madison are very impressive!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6aUNpPYco&feature=related

SoonerDood
8/25/2009, 05:33 PM
Clemson and Teri Dawn Phillips backed out on us :(

walkoffsooner
8/25/2009, 05:35 PM
usc

instigator
8/25/2009, 05:53 PM
usc

Ditto!

illinisooner
8/25/2009, 06:05 PM
Illinois, Michigan, Virginia, Ole Miss, and Wisconsin.

Speaking of home and home series, let's run down this hypothetical scenario: The Ohio St AD or Penn St AD calls up the AD of a big SEC school like Florida or Alabama and offers them a home and home series AND a decent payout for coming to their school, BUT...the game in Happy Valley or Columbus is played in late November/early December after the Big 10 season is over. Any chance the Florida or Alabama accepts? Would Vegas even take odds on this?

LawtonBoy74
8/25/2009, 06:19 PM
How bout a Cal, Ga. Tech, and ummm I'm guessing here......Ohio State

Cheerin' 4 OU
8/25/2009, 06:32 PM
I'm wanting an OU/South Carolina series.

I've been to their stadium at night and it's amazing. I'd love for them to come experience the magic and tradition that is Oklahoma.

Plus, I'd love to see the Ole Ball Coach here in Norman a few times. :)

soonerinabilene
8/25/2009, 06:48 PM
Illinois, Michigan, Virginia, Ole Miss, and Wisconsin.

Speaking of home and home series, let's run down this hypothetical scenario: The Ohio St AD or Penn St AD calls up the AD of a big SEC school like Florida or Alabama and offers them a home and home series AND a decent payout for coming to their school, BUT...the game in Happy Valley or Columbus is played in late November/early December after the Big 10 season is over. Any chance the Florida or Alabama accepts? Would Vegas even take odds on this?

with the sec champ game being the first weekend of december, no, they would not take it based on that stipulation.

BoomerJ
8/25/2009, 06:57 PM
Just moved back to OKC from the Nashville area. Can't wait to see the TN Vols come to town, even though it's a few years away.

I'm also looking forward to having some Tennesse friends experience game day in Norman. These friends have experience games at almost every SEC school. They say Ole Miss is at the top of their list for game day experiences.

jumperstop
8/25/2009, 07:04 PM
USC would be cool to see, or maybe oregon again. Or maybe stoops v stoops while mike is still the coach at Arizona.

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 07:20 PM
never pac10 again please!

illinisooner
8/25/2009, 07:57 PM
with the sec champ game being the first weekend of december, no, they would not take it based on that stipulation.

Well damn, timing fail on my part...forgot about that. Basically what I was getting at is an SEC team playing an in form Big 10 team in November when it's like 40 degrees and windy, maybe some snow, and definitely overcast. I'd like to see that game, or instead of an SEC team, put USC in there. Let's see how those teams play away (Rose Bowl doesn't count) late in the year when it's not nice weather.

primetime43
8/25/2009, 08:05 PM
I want Lsu after 2003. would love to see Michigan. How about Boise state?

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 08:06 PM
we will never go to Boise State, ever

Soonerfan88
8/25/2009, 08:38 PM
Georgia - we've never played them, even in a bowl

Ole Miss - heard it's a great gameday experience

Penn St - wish it could be before Paterno retires but we're probably too late for that

Michigan

Navy - we need to complete the service academy trio before starting over

illinisooner
8/25/2009, 08:39 PM
And I'll state the obvious: Hawaii!

Salt City Sooner
8/25/2009, 08:54 PM
we will never go to Boise State, ever
Not for lack of trying. About a month after our game with them, Joe C. offered them a 2 for 1 & they wanted nothing to do with it.

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 08:56 PM
i don't want anything to do with that Blue field

soonersam
8/25/2009, 08:58 PM
UTEP is beautiful in the Never!!

yermom
8/25/2009, 09:29 PM
And I'll state the obvious: Hawaii!

we'll wait until we are on probation like everyone else ;)

soonerinkeywest
8/25/2009, 10:17 PM
West Va, like to see more Arkie as well.Penn State would be cool.

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2009, 10:26 PM
We could continue with the pac10 and play Cal.

And Arizona anyone ? :)

yermom
8/25/2009, 10:29 PM
i'd love to go to Corvalis

Tucson not so much. not in September when we'd most likely be going :eek:

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2009, 10:37 PM
Tucson would have to be a night game, though still hot (but it's a dry heat!).

Berkeley is really nice in Sept. and I can driver there.

btk108
8/25/2009, 10:50 PM
USC...let's just get it settled early and let Pete cry for the entire season like Mack

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 10:52 PM
i'd love to go to Corvalis

Tucson not so much. not in September when we'd most likely be going :eek:

are away games basically your vacation each year? if so, pretty good strategy

GottaHavePride
8/26/2009, 01:03 AM
Da Bears.

Fraggle145
8/26/2009, 01:48 AM
UGA - After doing my grad degree there, and my gf is from there, I'd love to finally play em

Army - would love to go to West Point

Ole Miss - Teh Grove is supposed to be beautiful

Wisconsin - Those ****ers in Madison can drink!

USC - Coliseum would be nice to hand them their *** there

Penn St. - Just would love to see Happy Valley, and my dad used to be a sort of fan, until I screwed his head on straight

Michigan - Its the Big House

Va. Tech - Would love to play on a Thursday at night and beat their ***.

Florida - I ****ing hate those jort wearing idjits.

DakotaSooner
8/26/2009, 08:50 AM
I would like to see Penn St

MichiganSooner
8/26/2009, 09:19 AM
Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, Tennessee.

Salt City Sooner
8/26/2009, 09:57 AM
UGA - After doing my grad degree there, and my gf is from there, I'd love to finally play em

Army - would love to go to West Point

Ole Miss - Teh Grove is supposed to be beautiful

Wisconsin - Those ****ers in Madison can drink!

USC - Coliseum would be nice to hand them their *** there

Penn St. - Just would love to see Happy Valley, and my dad used to be a sort of fan, until I screwed his head on straight

Michigan - Its the Big House

Va. Tech - Would love to play on a Thursday at night and beat their ***.

Florida - I ****ing hate those jort wearing idjits.
OU just signed a set w/ them, if you can wait 'till '18 & '20.....:D

boomersooner28
8/26/2009, 10:02 AM
We're playing in Knoxville soon. THAT will be about as good as college football gets IMO. Can't wait.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/26/2009, 10:36 AM
Arizona State. Have you ever seen the coeds on that campus?

stoopified
8/26/2009, 10:39 AM
Boisie State.I have no desire to go to Bumguk ,Idaho(OK,Boisie) but I would love OU to give the Spud boys a beatdown in Norman and on their own SurfTurf.

Salt City Sooner
8/26/2009, 04:37 PM
Arizona State. Have you ever seen the coeds on that campus?

We had a home/home w/ them back in '01-02, but it fell through because we also had 'Bama originally scheduled those years as well (ironically, 'Bama's AD Moore, later requested that the set be moved back a year & we complied). Castiglione's philosophy of one marquee game a year didn't mesh with this, so he tried to get ASU to move the game in Tempe to another, & ASU wouldn't budge. After a few months of trying to get something worked out w/ no dice, Joe finally cancelled the trip to Tempe, & ASU did the same w/ the Norman game. That's how we ended up with Air Force on the slate that year, as they were a last minute replacement.

yermom
8/26/2009, 04:52 PM
are away games basically your vacation each year? if so, pretty good strategy

pretty much. though i just went to Miami, so i'm probably going light this time

football is a great excuse for time off work around here :D

SoonerInFortSmith
8/26/2009, 06:27 PM
I wish we would schedule Arkansas every year so we could beat them into the ground repeatedly. Then maybe all the dang pig fans would finally shut up about how much better they think they are than us.

Also, nobody west of the Rockies.

JLEW1818
8/26/2009, 06:30 PM
West Virginia

Pitt

illinisooner
8/26/2009, 09:56 PM
Pitt would be a good one. I'll throw this wildcard out here: Northwestern at Soldier Field. Would get us exposure in the Chicago recruiting area and a showdown of spread offenses.

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2009, 10:20 PM
Stanford. They are not that good now, but might be by then.

Okay, the real reason is I live across the street from the campus - I could walk to the game in Palo Alto :)

WA. Sooner
8/26/2009, 11:17 PM
I live in Washington so make UW a road game every year

soonersam
8/27/2009, 08:09 AM
Bama is still the best raod game I've been to... But gamedays in Madison WI are very impressive also....

They Party all day!! Biggest Student Section in the country !

badger
8/27/2009, 08:28 AM
Wisconsin!!! Games Days in Madison are very impressive!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6aUNpPYco&feature=related

I would never want OU to have to visit there... it is not a friendly place to be.

I think the Big 12 would be wise to avoid most Big 10 schools. Michigan seems OK, but most of these places are the most unwelcoming in the world... and besides, most Big 10 schools prefer cupcakes, thank ya very much :D

I would love for another Bammer home/home, but more than that, I would like some revenge for these recent bowl games. I don't need to remind you who they are :mad:

illinisooner
8/27/2009, 10:01 AM
I like the Stanford idea...nice stadium and easy win, lol. I guess Cal could be cool too.

badger
8/27/2009, 10:09 AM
I like the Stanford idea...nice stadium and easy win, lol. I guess Cal could be cool too.

Oh and their band will make fun of us... not that the state of Oklahoma...

http://www.taverntrove.com/beerpics/Muehlebach-32-Beer-Crowns-Geo-Muehlebach-Brewing-Company-_22150-1.jpg

... has anything that Stanford...

http://krmg.com/images/2007/10/immigration_m.jpg

...would find worthy of...

http://thefourthside.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kern.jpg

... making fun of Oklahoma for.

TAFBSooner
8/27/2009, 09:55 PM
Michigan. I want to be there when the Sooners win the football game with the largest attendance evar.

I know it will only last until Tennessee tries to lap them in their arms race again.