PDA

View Full Version : Miami loses backup QB's

w0lfe
8/25/2009, 03:28 PM
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami backup quarterbacks Taylor Cook and Cannon Smith say they are leaving the Hurricanes. Both are trying to find new schools in time for the fall semester.

Their decisions mean freshman A.J. Highsmith, whose father, Alonzo Highsmith, was an NFL running back and a member of the Hurricanes' 1983 national championship team, likely will enter the season as the backup to starter Jacory Harris.

Holder Matt Perrelli saw time at quarterback in one game in 2006.

Cook was named No. 2 quarterback after the spring practice season, but Miami coach Randy Shannon revealed Monday that competition for the backup spot had reopened.

Smith completed his only pass last season, for two yards. Cook didn't have any passing stats in his lone Miami season.

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2009, 03:45 PM
I remember Alonzo Highsmith - the guy was a stud. I saw him flatten a blitzing LB with one of the hardest blocks I've ever seen.

Now back to our regular programming...

rainiersooner
8/25/2009, 03:47 PM
I can't wait to throttle these guys too. Just because they're from the same state as Florida and FSU. Oh, and do we have some kind of history with them also?

G8trGr8t
8/25/2009, 04:16 PM
One good solid hit on Jacory Harris should put them down to their third or fourth string QB pretty quick since these 2 guys left. As a gator, I just love seeing UM and FSU self destruct. The way that team is coming apart, this will be Shannon's last year at UM and they don't have the cash to pay anybody better. Please do your best to humble the 305 gang.

Jello Biafra
8/25/2009, 04:24 PM
One good solid hit on Jacory Harris should put them down to their third or fourth string QB pretty quick since these 2 guys left. As a gator, I just love seeing UM and FSU self destruct. The way that team is coming apart, this will be Shannon's last year at UM and they don't have the cash to pay anybody better. Please do your best to humble the 305 gang.

beating two florida teams one year and destroying another the next year is our goal. welcome to ....something wicked this way comes...

G8trGr8t
8/25/2009, 07:29 PM
beating two florida teams one year and destroying another the next year is our goal. welcome to ....something wicked this way comes...

Just remember what Meatloaf said.. "Two out of three ain't bad" :D

ictsooner7
8/25/2009, 07:55 PM
Typical, no suprise there.

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2009, 03:16 AM

Mangino said that? :D

unbiasedtruth
8/26/2009, 05:07 AM

no the real saying is "4 out of 5 aint bad" and my father would say it on almost every covey rise..... man was hell on wheels hunting quail shooting a 60 year old Browning.....