PDA

View Full Version : my boy Walter picked us to win it!!!

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 03:28 PM
this is who i get most of my betting opinions from, here is a link to his preseason rankings, I'm SHOCKED he picked Oklahoma to win the national title. his website is pretty cool, play around on it, here's the rankings link

http://walterfootball.com/mattncaarankings.php

2 Oklahoma - 2009 College Football Power Rankings Oklahoma - 2009 Oklahoma College Football Season Preview
Oklahoma lost to Texas last year and they didn't deserve to be in the Big XII Championship in my opinion, but that was last year. This is this year and I think Oklahoma could be even better because their defense will improve. They have one of the best defensive lines in the country led by defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. Can I talk about Oklahoma without mentioning Sam Bradford? Of course not, he is the best quarterback in the country right now. I love Oklahoma this season, and they are actually my pick to win the national championship.

*Upcoming game: Sept. 5 vs. Brigham Young in Arlington

3 Texas - 2009 College Football Power Rankings Texas - 2009 Texas College Football Season Preview
Texas really proved me wrong last season, and I enjoy my crow with A1 sauce. However, this season I am not overlooking Texas just because I don't think they will win the Big XII. It seems like everyone is picking the Longhorns to finish ahead of Oklahoma. This team only returns 21.5 of its 47 sacks from a year ago because of the losses to players such as Brian Orakpo and Roy Miller. Miller was also a huge force up the middle in the run game. I don't think these players are easily replaceable, but Texas is still a definite national title contender and I respect how good they can be.

*Upcoming game: Sept. 5 vs. Louisiana-Monroe

Crucifax Autumn
8/25/2009, 03:46 PM
At least SOMEONE knows what's going on!

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 03:50 PM
he points out the texas dline loss, i like how he recognizes that, most don't

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2009, 03:55 PM
Some interesting picks. USC at #8 is the lowest I've seen on anyones list. I love his comment about Carroll worrying about himself in the "what's best for Mark Sanchez" story.

But he hasn't posted his #1 pick yet - I can't stand the suspense!!

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 04:07 PM
Some interesting picks. USC at #8 is the lowest I've seen on anyones list. I love his comment about Carroll worrying about himself in the "what's best for Mark Sanchez" story.

lol he will tomorrow, prlly Florida Atlantic :D

tommieharris91
8/25/2009, 04:08 PM

It's Florida.

He overrates Kansas and underrates Ohio State IMO. Then again, I think a lot of people are underrating Ohio State this season.

Okie35
8/25/2009, 04:10 PM
It's Florida.

He overrates Kansas and underrates Ohio State IMO. Then again, I think a lot of people are underrating Ohio State this season.

I agree and I normally wouldn't say anything positive about Ohio State.

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 04:13 PM
well when you think about it, they lost

their 2 top WR, top RB, top LB, top DB

NormanPride
8/25/2009, 04:16 PM
but theys got zomgterrelle priors!

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 04:16 PM
TP= toilet paper

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 04:19 PM
I don't agree with him about Kansas having a weak schedule

@Colorado
Oklahoma
@ Tech
@ KSTATE
Nebraska
@Texas
Missouri

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2009, 05:13 PM

It's Florida....

You ruined it for me. :(

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 05:25 PM
lol

boomersooner28
8/25/2009, 05:30 PM
USC has a new QB, a new defense, and 2 new coordinators. Anyone that has them top 5 is a moron in my book.

cheezyq
8/25/2009, 05:43 PM
It seems like most betting sites are putting their money on the Sooners. Media outlets (which we all know are MUCH more accurate :rolleyes:) keep picking UT. Funny stuff.

http://www.betonline.com/sports-betting/football/ncaa/oklahoma-sooners-odds

http://www.sbrforum.com/Betting+Articles/NCAAF/11882/sam-bradford-sooners-lead-big-12-south.aspx

JLEW1818
8/26/2009, 05:47 PM
1)Florida - 2009 College Football Power Rankings Florida - 2009 Florida College Football Season Preview
Is there a football fan in America who does not know who Tim Tebow is? I doubt it. Everybody knows who he is. However, even Tebow can't do it by himself. In my opinion, I thought Percy Harvin was the best player on last year's team. When they needed a big play on third down, they went to Harvin. Without his speed and playmaking ability, I think Florida could lose a big game... such as the national championship against an elite front seven like Oklahoma. However, if I were a betting man, I would say Florida has the greatest chance to win the championship. I just think this is Oklahoma's year, but Florida has a ridiculously talented team and I would not be shocked if they finished 14-0.

*Upcoming game: Sept. 5 vs. Charleston Southern

StoopTroup
8/26/2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry Jlew...he lost me at...

Oklahoma lost to Texas last year and they didn't deserve to be in the Big XII Championship in my opinion, but that was last year.

JLEW1818
8/26/2009, 05:59 PM
lol, debatable ...

StoopTroup
8/26/2009, 06:00 PM
I don't debate dumbasses I call em out.

JLEW1818
8/26/2009, 06:02 PM
he aint an OU fan, that's the thing...

most of America agrees with him about that

homerSimpsonsBrain
8/26/2009, 06:07 PM
1)Florida - ...
*Upcoming game: Sept. 5 vs. Charleston Southern

What? Sister Mary Margrets School for the Blind was booked?

I thought Utah State was weak but Charleston Southern..

And did they really need "Southern". Maybe folks get it confused with Charleston Northern Middle School???

bent rider
8/26/2009, 07:05 PM
What? Sister Mary Margrets School for the Blind was booked?

I thought Utah State was weak but Charleston Southern..

And did they really need "Southern". Maybe folks get it confused with Charleston Northern Middle School???

Of all the Charleston directional schools, Charleston Southern was the only one willing to accept a check from Florida.

VA Sooner
8/26/2009, 07:11 PM
Will strength-of-schedule outweigh the popularity polls when it comes down to end of the season and there are a few deserving teams vying for the BCS MNC game... the big question.

I'm sure it will... right Texas?

VA Sooner
8/26/2009, 07:30 PM
I love this website... used it for my fantasy football research this year.

I like his analysis. Definitely even-keeled and more in tune with actually analysis of offense/defense/special teams/coaching as well as who's been lost and what positions have to be replaced.

And one of the few to point out some of the glaring issues on teams that other media outlets have remained silent about.

JLEW1818
8/27/2009, 11:06 AM
yep, he's usually got some good stuff