PDA

View Full Version : high priced tickets ????

ouwapiti
8/24/2009, 03:03 PM
i've been looking at tickets for the byu game....my question is....does anyone really pay the outrageous prices for the lower level seats???....$800 or more for a single ticket is utter stupidity imo...what's the face value ?????

PhiDeltBeers
8/24/2009, 03:05 PM
I paid $475 for mine in 136....45 yardline 20th row behind OU. That was about 3 months ago though.

soonersam
8/24/2009, 03:06 PM
i've been looking at tickets for the byu game....my question is....does anyone really pay the outrageous prices for the lower level seats???....$800 or more for a single ticket is utter stupidity imo...what's the face value ?????

800?? Sounds about right if they'll throw in 5 pizza's!

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 03:12 PM
you can get Rose Bowl tickets for like 300-400, around kickoff probably

then again it prlly cost 200 bucks to get out there

fwsooner22
8/24/2009, 03:19 PM
Just show up and walk around........There wont be 80,000 OU and BYU fans that day in Arlington

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 03:20 PM
Just show up and walk around........There wont be 80,000 OU and BYU fans that day in Arlington

yep.. should be able to find a decent ticket for under 100 bucks

IMO

yermom
8/24/2009, 03:41 PM
maybe not lower level though

badger
8/24/2009, 03:55 PM
Will that silly standing-room-only for fans without tickets be available this game?

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 04:54 PM
good question, from what i hear not all 100,000+ seats are made possible for this game

ouwapiti
8/24/2009, 05:08 PM
i used to go to a lot of games without a ticket and buy one outside of the stadium....however, i'm concerned about buying one and it be 'no bueno'.....i've heard some horror stories about such...especially with todays copying technology.. i'll probably go ahead and do it though because i want to go badly

yermom
8/24/2009, 05:29 PM
i got offered a pair of fakes at the national championship game. luckily someone there had told me what to look out for...

it's never been a problem anywhere else though, so far

goingoneight
8/24/2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah... I saw a tejas fan get arrested for selling fakes a couple years ago at the RRS (2007).

yermom
8/24/2009, 05:37 PM
i know at the Cotton Bowl they will arrest you for scalping, but i don't know about Alrington. i think you can get tickets for face or under at the game though, at least if you aren't looking for choice seats

we ran into undercover cops outside of the Seahawks game we went to last year after the Washington game, but i wasn't about to pay over face, so it didn't really matter

unbiasedtruth
8/25/2009, 03:42 AM
you can resell tickets in Arlington, you just cannot be on any of the premises reselling your tickets. so legally you need to be off of jerryworld to either buy or sell tickets

PhiDeltBeers
8/25/2009, 07:19 AM
maybe not lower level though

We have a winnah!

There is no doubt you can pick up some tickets around the game somewhere. You just won't be sitting next to me!

:D

Snyder Cyclone
8/25/2009, 10:12 AM
Maybe Wapiti should just direct himself to nearest Chili's to view the BYU game. It seems we have better luck that way !

StoopTroup
8/25/2009, 11:21 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RwdH5DTKRas/SVmXb7UkS3I/AAAAAAAABQM/gEM9X8gdZ5g/s400/cowboys+stadium+arlington+texas+at&t+new.jpg

StoopTroup
8/25/2009, 11:24 AM
BTW....I think one of you Sooners should take a little soil from Norman and sprinkle a bit of the Homeland on the field.

Jdog
8/25/2009, 06:20 PM
Scalpers are expecting RRS prices for Jerry world + BYU - shoot we couldn't even fill our side of the Cotton Bowl last year - UT fans got to fill more seats than usual on our end. it will probably be like the Big 12 Champ games in San Antonio and Houston. Bet You'll be able to get 45 yd line tickets an hour before the game for $70.

Soonerfan88
8/25/2009, 08:53 PM
The unauthorized outdoor resale of tickets at any price anywhere in Arlington is prohibited. An individual may resell a ticket within a structure for which a certificate of occupancy has been issued, in the seller’s own home or the home of the buyer. The price sold can not be greater than the face value of the ticket. The purpose of this ordinance is to prevent fraud
and traffic congestion on game days, and to enhance the city’s tourist attractions by allowing all fans an equal chance at buying tickets.

This means you can resell tickets in your houses but it cannot be above face value. Anything else is against the law, even if sold under face value. Those who have been to the Rangers games and Dallas' pre-season game said you didn't see anyone holding tickets. Not sure if you will find any on gameday, even in the surrounding areas.

SoonerAficionadOU
8/25/2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, definitely don't try to buy from a scalper in Arlington. I remember my dad trying to buy tix from a scalper back when I was in High School...and then picking him up from the police station like 8 hours later. Arlington cops are ******s like that.

yukonsooner
8/26/2009, 11:34 AM
A list of prohibited item and behavior at the statium:

In conjunction with the National Football League and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:

Smoking
Bags larger than 12 x 12 x 12
Alcohol
Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
Bottles, cans and beverage containers of any kind
Thermoses
Food items*
Umbrellas (compact umbrellas are permitted but may not be used inside the stadium grounds)
Fireworks, firearms and weapons of any kind
Footballs
Laser Pointers
Noisemakers
Signs or flags on sticks or poles
Video cameras and the use of video capable devices
Ticket scalping
Abusive, foul or disruptive language
Throwing objects
Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
Any other item or action deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Guests who appear to be inebriated and unmanageable will not be permitted admittance into the stadium.

StoopTroup
8/26/2009, 11:37 AM
I bet you can buy a scalped ticket.

yukonsooner
8/26/2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know? At the Big XII game in Houston we were trying to sell tickets at face value and a policeman came up to us and said, "you aren't trying to sell those are you?" When we told him we only wanted face value he again said the same thing only implying that we shouldn't be selling them. He then told us we would have to leave the stadium property to sell the tickets.

Skoch
8/26/2009, 03:35 PM
I live in Dallas, and lots of Cowboys season ticket holders bought tickets to the game to resell them. Have seen some good deals pop up on Craigslist a lot. I got 4 together, Lower Level 107 (10 yrd line), Row 17 in the leather seats for $100 each from a friend's dad. Just check daily. Toured the stadium at lunch today as well, it is amazing!

TXBOOMER
8/26/2009, 03:45 PM
I have some on stub hub right now I am trying to off load. I'm asking 500 bucks a piece. Row 7 on the goal line. 1,000 bucks is nothing for a good ol Sooner fan to watch his team. Someone once said there is a sucker born every minute.

PhiDeltBeers
8/26/2009, 04:00 PM
I guess I'm a sucker for paying $475 for my ticket and $36 for a parking pass, but money is relative. If I made 30k a year, I'm not going. If you make a million a year, $475 is like a drivethru meal. I'm sitting among the best seats in the stadium and would've paid more. I could sell'em for $800, but don't want to.

budbarrybob
8/26/2009, 05:00 PM
I guess I'm a sucker for paying $475 for my ticket and $36 for a parking pass, but money is relative. If I made 30k a year, I'm not going. If you make a million a year, $475 is like a drivethru meal. I'm sitting among the best seats in the stadium and would've paid more. I could sell'em for $800, but don't want to.

In psychological terms, its called a sweet lemon.
In Sooner terms, its called Duh.