PDA

View Full Version : Whitehouse and CIA screaming at each other...

OklahomaTuba
8/24/2009, 12:09 PM
Seems Obama's planned political witch hunt of the folks who kept us safe after 9/11 is making Leon and the CIA upset....

Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

According to intelligence officials, Panetta erupted in a tirade last month during a meeting with a senior White House staff member. Panetta was reportedly upset over plans by Attorney General Eric Holder to open a criminal investigation of allegations that CIA officers broke the law in carrying out certain interrogation techniques that President Obama has termed "torture."http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=8398902

1890MilesToNorman
8/24/2009, 12:16 PM
Pres wants to interrogate folks over a beer at the White House, says he get's better results then water boarding ever produced?

Saw an article this morning about a new White House interrogation team being assembled. Don't get no funnier then that folks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cia_interrogations_18

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2009, 12:32 PM
Eric Holder appears to be one of, if not the worst, cabinet appointments in the history of history.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/24/2009, 12:36 PM
I am sure Andrew Jackson would disagree with you

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2009, 12:38 PM
I am sure Andrew Jackson would disagree with you

Maybe, but it's still early. :)

soonerscuba
8/24/2009, 12:46 PM
Eric Holder appears to be one of, if not the worst, cabinet appointments in the history of history.Your interpretation of history must be very different than mine. Off the top of my head:

Earl Butz
A Mitchell Palmer
Michael Brown
O'Leary
Any of Harding's cabinet
and Earl Butz again, because he deserves it.

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2009, 12:47 PM
Your interpretation of history must be very different than mine.

I think that goes without saying. ;)

AggieTool
8/24/2009, 12:48 PM
Breakin' laws is kewl as long as it's OUR side doing it.:)

soonerscuba
8/24/2009, 12:56 PM
I think that goes without saying. ;)Fair enough, but Holder while capable, has some very big shoes to step into if you think he is the worst of all time. Earl Butz is pretty amazing, he combined the magic of racism with killing the family farm and being chiefly responsible for America's obesity problem. Good guy.

Veritas
8/24/2009, 12:58 PM
Fair enough, but Holder while capable, has some very big shoes to step into if you think he is the worst of all time. Earl Butz is pretty amazing, he combined the magic of racism with killing the family farm and being chiefly responsible for America's obesity problem. Good guy.
Yeah, but he had an awesome last name.

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2009, 01:02 PM
Fair enough, but Holder while capable, has some very big shoes to step into if you think he is the worst of all time. Earl Butz is pretty amazing, he combined the magic of racism with killing the family farm and being chiefly responsible for America's obesity problem. Good guy.

Mr. Holder has a good start, especially if you throw in him being an Attorney General with questionable and selective recognition of the Constitution. We'll see what happens.

OklahomaTuba
8/24/2009, 01:11 PM
Robert McNamara should be, and forever will be, the absolutely worst one ever.

soonerscuba
8/24/2009, 01:16 PM
Mr. Holder has a good start, especially if you throw in him being an Attorney General with questionable and selective recognition of the Constitution. We'll see what happens.Uh, you might want to check out the remark Mr. Butz uttered on a private plane that got him canned from the Nixon administration. I'll repeat that, he was booted from the Nixon administration for being too racist in private.

OklahomaTuba
8/24/2009, 01:23 PM
I'll repeat that, he was booted from the Nixon administration for being too racist in private.I'm surprised the donks didn't make him Senate Majority Leader then.

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2009, 02:18 PM
Uh, you might want to check out the remark Mr. Butz uttered on a private plane that got him canned from the Nixon administration. I'll repeat that, he was booted from the Nixon administration for being too racist in private.

I know about that, but it doesn't preclude Holder from being a racist does it?

I think you just like typing Butz. :)

OklahomaTuba
8/24/2009, 02:30 PM
Tax Cheat Timmay has to be up there with Holder and Nappy Jan.

swardboy
8/25/2009, 06:45 AM
Personally, I want "Jack Bauer" having little chats with the scum.
Seriously, who would want to be a CIA interrogater if this goes down? Our intelligence gathering can't help but be seriously compromised now.
Holder said in his confirmation hearings that he wouldn't be going down this road, as did Obama.

sooneron
8/25/2009, 08:37 AM
Your interpretation of history must be very different than mine. Off the top of my head:

Earl Butz
A Mitchell Palmer
Michael Brown
O'Leary
Any of Harding's cabinet
and Earl Butz again, because he deserves it.

and James Watt.:texan:

OklahomaTuba
8/25/2009, 09:16 AM
Holder said in his confirmation hearings that he wouldn't be going down this road, as did Obama.

Well, that was before their poll numbers started to crash.

MamaMia
8/25/2009, 11:08 AM
Some of these liberal finger pointers need to remember how the citizens of this country felt on September 11th, 2001. Say what you will about Bush, however I personally felt a lot safer under Bush 8 days after that attack than I do with Obama 8 years later.

I also believe that these accusations are nothing more than Obamas administrations way of trying to thwart attention off of them during all these town hall meetings.

mikeelikee
8/25/2009, 01:36 PM
I don't know who is the worst AG of all time, but Eric Holder is proving to be a stellar candidate. While he is in full attack mode against the interrogation techniques used on the Gitmo terrorist prisoners, it is perhaps good to remember, from 2001 until his AG apointment, Holder practiced with the prominent law firm Covington & Burling, LLP. That firm happened to provide the main defense counsel for said Gitmo terrorist prisoners, pro bono.

Anyone see something funny in all of this? Hmmmmm????

OklahomaTuba
8/25/2009, 01:52 PM
What could possibly be wrong with defending terrorists pro-bono??

Or releasing terrorists who actually killed American soldiers so that they can go back and fight us again in Afganistan?

Or investigating and eventually prosecuting our CIA agents for doing their job and saving untold lives??

And lets not forget that he helped to drop the charges of the black panther voter intimidation thugs and got Mark Rich pardoned.

What a guy!

He might actually be the worst person to ever serve in Government, EVAR!

soonerscuba
8/25/2009, 01:52 PM
I don't know who is the worst AG of all time, but Eric Holder is proving to be a stellar candidate. While he is in full attack mode against the interrogation techniques used on the Gitmo terrorist prisoners, it is perhaps good to remember, from 2001 until his AG apointment, Holder practiced with the prominent law firm Covington & Burling, LLP. That firm happened to provide the main defense counsel for said Gitmo terrorist prisoners, pro bono.

Anyone see something funny in all of this? Hmmmmm????No, that firm is massive and represents thousands upon thousands of clients, ranging from Halliburton to the 17 people in Gitmo. You sound shocked to find that people and entities that need pro bono services are somehow at a disconnect with the establishment. Pointing out a single partner as a representative of a multi-national LLP seems a bit silly, even more so since he wasn't even involved with that work.

OklahomaTuba
8/25/2009, 01:56 PM
You sound shocked to find that people and entities that need pro bono services are somehow at a disconnect with the establishment.Why did the terrorists in Gitmo "Need" pro-bono work???

And don't you find it odd that Holder is so happy to represent them, and then also help to free them while going after our own agents??

And Holder calls us cowards...

mikeelikee
8/25/2009, 01:57 PM
No, that firm is massive and represents thousands upon thousands of clients, ranging from Halliburton to the 17 people in Gitmo. You sound shocked to find that people and entities that need pro bono services are somehow at a disconnect with the establishment. Pointing out a single partner as a representative of a multi-national LLP seems a bit silly, even more so since he wasn't even involved with that work.

Yes, I'm sure any criticism of your darlings on the left would seem silly. Obviously, Barney Frank doesn't bear any culpability for the Freddie and Fannie mess, either. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
8/25/2009, 02:03 PM
Some of these liberal finger pointers need to remember how the citizens of this country felt on September 11th, 2001. Say what you will about Bush, however I personally felt a lot safer under Bush 8 days after that attack than I do with Obama 8 years later.

I also believe that these accusations are nothing more than Obamas administrations way of trying to thwart attention off of them during all these town hall meetings.

FWIW...I don't view Jesse Ventura as a liberal and I like many of his views. Here's his take on Waterboarding.

wgarV13g6QM

soonerscuba
8/25/2009, 02:05 PM
Yes, I'm sure any criticism of your darlings on the left would seem silly. Obviously, Barney Frank doesn't bear any culpability for the Freddie and Fannie mess, either. :rolleyes:Heh, don't deflect, I want to hear more about how Holder is responsible for Gitmo because he worked at a firm that had an attorney representing them in a democratic court in the US. You do realize that you are making an argument that can lead to all sorts of stupid things. By your logic, I can credit Al Gore with the invention of the iPod because he sits on the board at Apple. Now, feel free to bring up something completely unrelated, might I suggest Ted Kennedy.

SoonerProphet
8/25/2009, 02:25 PM
Now, feel free to bring up something completely unrelated, might I suggest Ted Kennedy.

DEATH PANELS!1!!!!11

OklahomaTuba
8/25/2009, 02:52 PM
DEATH PANELS!1!!!!11Is that your new PNAC????

Harry Beanbag
8/25/2009, 04:38 PM
And lets not forget that he helped to drop the charges of the black panther voter intimidation thugs and got Mike Rich pardoned.

What'd Froze do?

soonerhubs
8/25/2009, 05:27 PM
FWIW...I don't view Jesse Ventura as a liberal and I like many of his views. Here's his take on Waterboarding.

So because some loud mouthed former wrestler teamed up with the likes of Whoopi and Brainless Behar to shout down Hasselbeck, to the applauding of a certainly "well-informed" crowd, it must be right! Right?
:D

Fraggle145
8/25/2009, 06:36 PM
So because some loud mouthed former wrestler teamed up with the likes of Whoopi and Brainless Behar to shout down Hasselbeck, to the applauding of a certainly "well-informed" crowd, it must be right! Right?
:D

I still enjoy watching that dumb *** bitch get shouted down. Its about time someone returned the favor to her.

soonerhubs
8/25/2009, 06:47 PM

SoonerProphet
8/25/2009, 08:05 PM
Is that your new PNAC????

Well, unlike the death panel nonsense, atleast the project for the new american century is based on facts.

As for the topic, the CIA is just an ineffective as any future health care bureacracy. Keep blaming one side though, it has worked well for ya.

The Remnant
8/25/2009, 09:45 PM
When Butz resigned I think Nixon had already beat him to it.