PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage Report- Bueller?

htownsooner7
8/24/2009, 10:31 AM
Anybody have report from last week's scrimmage? Is Habern playing or are we going with Good at C and Jones at G? In 3 WR sets, are we going with Tennell, Broyles and Kenney? In nickel/5 DB packages, who is the 5th DB?

Really any update would be appreciated as I doubt we'll do much more scrimmaging before BYU.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 10:35 AM
Anybody have report from last week's scrimmage? Is Habern playing or are we going with Good at C and Jones at G? In 3 WR sets, are we going with Tennell, Broyles and Kenney? In nickel/5 DB packages, who is the 5th DB?

Really any update would be appreciated as I doubt we'll do much more scrimmaging before BYU.

Habern still isn't back to 100%. He is getting reps, but they are limited. Stephen Good is playing center and they are bringing Jarvis Jones in who has had a really good off-season. I expect that Habern will start against BYU, but if he isn't ready we should let him rest. At wide receiver the guys you listed sound pretty good. Expect there to be a lot of rotation at that position. They are trying to get Joseph Ibiloye (sp) ready to go for the nickel package. He has been participating and is looking good. These last two weeks are going to be very important for him. At the kicking position it looks like Way is going to win kickoff duties and punting duties. Mooreland came in a close second on kickoffs. Jimmy Stevens has obviously won the place kicking job with a fantastic showing this camp. The two freshman that you should expect to get meaningful snaps this season are Marcus Trice and Demontre Hurst. There is talk that Jamarkus Mcfarland may make an impact since he has picked it up so fast, but I think that all depends on how Demarcus Granger does.

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 10:39 AM
Habern still isn't back to 100%. He is getting reps, but they are limited. Stephen Good is playing center and they are bringing Jarvis Jones in who has had a really good off-season. I expect that Habern will start against BYU, but if he isn't ready we should let him rest. At wide receiver the guys you listed sound pretty good. Expect there to be a lot of rotation at that position. They are trying to get Joseph Ibiloye (sp) ready to go for the nickel package. He has been participating and is looking good. These last two weeks are going to be very important for him.

Stoops says Trice will be the 5th DB in the nickel wjay changed?

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 10:40 AM
Stoops says Trice will be the 5th DB in the nickel wjay changed?

Link? If that is true then I think they will do a mixture of both Trice and Ibiloye. I did state the Trice would get meaningful snaps.

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 10:48 AM
My bad it was BV.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2009/08/21/practice-report-8-21-09/

* Venables has been really pleased with his young DBs.

“We feel like we have a identified a couple of young guys, which has been talked about, in Marcus Trice and Demontre Hurst. They will both play and play in significant situations. They’re very instinctual and good football players. And they are not physically overwhelmed. So, those two guys are helping us with some depth and Marcus can play the nickel and be a safety as well. He can do a number of different things.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 10:48 AM
My bad it was BV.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2009/08/21/practice-report-8-21-09/

Thanks.

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 10:54 AM
the recievers are doing fine it seems.

Receivers coach Jay Norvell isn’t concerned with filling the holes.

“I think we’re more athletic than last year. I think we’re more explosive than last year,” he said. “Now, if that adds up to productiveness, I’m not sure. We’ve got to be really tough and disciplined to be productive. But, we’ve got athletes and in that respect we may have more of a deep threat than we had last year.”

“I think there are lot of phrases that get thrown around out there like ‘go-to guy’, ‘number-one guy’, that sort of stuff. Obviously we want to have three players that can make plays and can beat man coverage and go long,” he said. I think we have the ability to stretch the field with three or four guys. And the more you keep pouring athletic ability into the position the more opportunities you have to make big plays. We’re trying to pour all the athletes we can on the field so they can be in a position to stretch the defense and make plays.”

htownsooner7
8/24/2009, 10:55 AM
Good info.

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks.

I should have read more of your post, and I would have saw what you already said.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 10:56 AM
I should have read more of your post, and I would have saw what you already said.

You missed it because I added it on later.

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 10:58 AM
You missed it because I added it on later.

Oh.:D

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 11:01 AM

Also, Landry and Drew took all of the snaps from the last scrimmage, and they look pretty good. here is the vid.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090820_scrimmage_highlights.wmv&school=okla&

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 11:02 AM
Also, Landry and Drew took all of the snaps from the last scrimmage, and they look pretty good. here is the vid.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090820_scrimmage_highlights.wmv&school=okla&

One of them through the pass that Tom Wort jumped for.

:mad: :mad: :D

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 11:06 AM
One of them through the pass that Tom Wort jumped for.

:mad: :mad: :D

Im surprised they put that on the highlight, he'll be back next year hopefully still fearless.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 01:50 PM
Here is a surprise for you. Turns out Haberns back may not be ready to go by BYU. Brody Eldridge is the starter as of right now. Good has been practicing there with Brody, but it looks like they are going with Brody as of now.

Also Demontre Hurst is pushing Brian Jackson for his spot. That is how good he is.

Gabe Lynn has been struggling with a hip flexor and they are trying to get Ronnell Lewis ready to go to back up Box.

htownsooner7
8/24/2009, 02:14 PM
Wow,that is huge news. Eldridge to start at Center. I don't doubt his blocking ability, but he may have to deal with some bigger two gap types. Also, does he know all the calls? Guarantee BYU will now be blitzing, shifting, and trying to shoot up the middle gaps.

htownsooner7
8/24/2009, 02:15 PM
Here is a surprise for you. Turns out Haberns back may not be ready to go by BYU. Brody Eldridge is the starter as of right now. Good has been practicing there with Brody, but it looks like they are going with Brody as of now.

Also Demontre Hurst is pushing Brian Jackson for his spot. That is how good he is.

Gabe Lynn has been struggling with a hip flexor and they are trying to get Ronnell Lewis ready to go to back up Box.

To back up Box, where?

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 02:16 PM
Wow,that is huge news. Eldridge to start at Center. I don't doubt his blocking ability, but he may have to deal with some bigger two gap types. Also, does he know all the calls? Guarantee BYU will now be blitzing, shifting, and trying to shoot up the middle gaps.

It could change by the time the game starts, but right now he is the starter. Hopefully Haberns back gets better fast.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 02:17 PM
To back up Box, where?

Middle Linebacker.

htownsooner7
8/24/2009, 02:18 PM
So really as our 3rd string guy, correct? Also, is Hurst still 5'9, 165? Young and small. Maybe they are just trying to motivate Jackson.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 02:22 PM
So really as our 3rd string guy, correct? Also, is Hurst still 5'9, 165? Young and small. Maybe they are just trying to motivate Jackson.

No idea if that is the case with Demontre, that is just what the report said.

Yep, third string. He will probably move back to defensive end next year.

htownsooner7
8/24/2009, 08:26 PM
I just have a hard time thinking that our big corner/jackson type is being taken over by a little guy. Frankly, just don't see it at all. If I were a betting man, would bet the house that Jackson starts.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 08:31 PM
I just have a hard time thinking that our big corner/jackson type is being taken over by a little guy. Frankly, just don't see it at all. If I were a betting man, would bet the house that Jackson starts.

It is only like a 2 inch difference, right?

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 08:35 PM
Practice report just came out and said Habern was going 100% at practice and they expect Tyler Evans to play this year and Brandon Crow is looking good at fullback. More to come.