PDA

View Full Version : I know this is bad but......

LawtonBoy74
8/24/2009, 04:29 AM
If there were a game our sooners were to lose this year which one would it be and why???

goingoneight
8/24/2009, 04:37 AM
Can't tell you to be honest. You just never know who's gonna play better than you, who might be injured or suspended and how it affects you. Do we play someone who ends up beating us fair and square?

Let's just say it's no cakewalk... the schedule is strong.

SoonerStormchaser
8/24/2009, 04:40 AM
Nebraska

Jacie
8/24/2009, 06:09 AM
First, it cannot be a conference game. The margins are too slim to count on being a Division champ to take a loss in one of those games. The next ruleout is the bowl game. Hmmm . . . maybe I should switch one and two. Anyway, third would be the Idaho State game. The Sooners cannot lose to a the weakest team on the schedule. What does that leave?

BYU, Tulsa and Miami.

It cannot be BYU because a win over Oklahoma could propel them to go undefeated, a thought I cannot stand.

It cannot be Miami because the Sooners have lost too much in terms of National titles because of them.

That leaves Tulsa.

If OU had to lose once this year then the best game would be the Tulsa game.

pweitkem
8/24/2009, 07:09 AM
Texas. Just to win out the rest of the season and see them fall to OSU. Would love to see the banners flying overhead at the Big XII championship game in Dallas.

sendbaht
8/24/2009, 08:25 AM
Won't do it. Will not sent the thought out there. They will not lose a game this season, they will not lose a game this season, they will not lose a game this season....I need to nuturalize any game losing talk.:)

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 08:35 AM
Texas.

DakotaSooner
8/24/2009, 09:18 AM
Kansas

yermom
8/24/2009, 09:59 AM
yeah, a North team is a good choice

then we'd have the head to head tiebreaker on Texas

oudivesherpa
8/24/2009, 10:02 AM
Florida in the NC game. I don't think we will lose a conference game, the only two non-conferece foes that have a chance are BYU and Miami and I think we will be ready for both. However, If we lose to BYU the staff will be so pi** off that we won't lose again this year.

budbarrybob
8/24/2009, 10:18 AM
The Red-White game... DUH!

stoopified
8/24/2009, 10:30 AM
Can't tell you to be honest. You just never know who's gonna play better than you, who might be injured or suspended and how it affects you. Do we play someone who ends up beating us fair and square?

Let's just say it's no cakewalk... the schedule is strong.There it is

soonerfan28
8/24/2009, 10:32 AM
Texas. They have a QB who can manage the game and an experienced O-line.

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 10:49 AM
any team with a scrambling QB

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 10:50 AM
any team with a scrambling QB

Baylor?

:eek:

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 10:52 AM
naw we will crush them, but if we do lose a game, it will be because a team has a scrambling qb

previously

Florida, Texas, West Virginia

our last 3 losses each had scrambling qbs.. hm mmmmm

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 10:53 AM
naw we will crush them, but if we do lose a game, it will be because a team has a scrambling qb

previously

Luckily we don't play any teams with scrambling quarterback, right?

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 10:56 AM
Colt scares me

we need to put an 07 on his ***

badger
8/24/2009, 11:01 AM
"The Sooners always lose their bowl games, so if they lose any game this year, that would be the one," ESPN said repeatedly. "Big Game Bob just hasn't been Big Game Bob lately.

"And that concludes our obligatory mention of schools other than Florida for this edition of Sportscenter," ESPN continued. "Stay tuned for our analysis of Tebow's virginity. ESPN's exclusive in-depth coverage of which girl on campus rejected Tebow's advances and if she is related to the coach who did not vote for Tebow to be unanimous all-SEC preseason first team."

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 11:03 AM
Colt scares me

we need to put an 07 on his ***

He doesn't really scramble all that much, but Texas does scare me.

jumperstop
8/24/2009, 11:09 AM
I would say texas cause we lost to them last year and still ended up where we wanted.

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 11:15 AM
scrambled for 2 personal fouls last year, worth 15+ yards each

he was their leading rusher, during the season..... me don't like playing running quarterbacks...

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 11:16 AM
scrambled for 2 personal fouls last year, worth 15+ yards each

he was their leading rusher

Colt McCoy meet Quinton Carter.

badger
8/24/2009, 11:21 AM
Single Post

;)

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 11:24 AM
Single Post

;)

It said Database Error for a couple minutes and I kept pushing submit.

:D

OUAlumni1990
8/24/2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah, definitely Texas. As dominate as the were last year (except against Tech) they should be our toughest opponent. As long as we look good w/ injuries before and during the game, we should come out with a 'W'.

MyT Oklahoma
8/24/2009, 06:43 PM
Texas for all of the reasons previously stated above and also just because.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/24/2009, 06:48 PM
If there were a game our sooners were to lose this year which one would it be and why???

don't know...i don't follow soccer....

sooner ngintunr
8/24/2009, 06:54 PM
However, If we lose to BYU the staff will be so pi** off that we won't lose again this year.

If we lose to BYU then we're dropping at least two more.

Aint gonna happen though.

RE the OP, KU. A true road game a week after we stomp #2 texass.

Lawrence is going to be a tough place to win at this year. (so is Lubbock and Lincoln as well) Our schedule is brutal!!!

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 07:18 PM
Losing to BYU now would be like losing to Appy State with all the injuries they have.

VA Sooner
8/24/2009, 07:39 PM
I know there's a lot of media hype with Texas and "how-they-got-robbed-and-are-coming-back-for-revenge-factor" but I don't think we'll lose to them... this year's defense is much stouter with a tough defensive front forcing Colt into errors after trying a few times to run futilely. Assuming the linebackers stay healthy (and that's a big if), the rest of the team can handle Colt and he will be forced to throw.

The game that may be laying in wait... is Nebraska. Visiting the Huskers with a jacked-up team needing to prove themselves. The question will be QB position of course, but by the time we meet the Huskers, he will have had time to find his mojo.

Of course, this prediction is tempered by the fact that they just lost one of their key running backs, Castille.

Dan Thompson
8/24/2009, 08:01 PM
An early away game, by just a few points, to a ranked team.

This sounds like the BYU game.

sooner ngintunr
8/24/2009, 10:03 PM
An early away game, by just a few points, to a ranked team.

This sounds like the BYU game.

or more likely a 3-0 Miami squad. jes sayin.

OU 51, BYU 6

Its gonna get ugly really quick.

goingoneight
8/25/2009, 12:16 AM
OU manages decent yardage on their first offensive series, and dumbass fans call immediately for Kevin Wilson's job after a dropped pass on 3rd and long. Tress Way pins BYU inside their own five after hitting Jerry's scoreboard five times previously with his high punts.
Two plays go back to the three and back for a safety and then BYU's punter hit's the scoreboard. His next punt is returned 55 yards for a score by Ryan Broyles.
Leading by a safety and a touchdown, OU's special teams are put to the test as Bryce Easley hits a good kickoff to the 2-yard line, taken up to the 18 where Mr. Chambers is tood up by Mr. Quinton Carter. Max Hall tries to thread the needle on the long side of the field only to be picked off by Dominique Franks, just getting two in at the 24-yard line.
DeMarco Murray's first play is designed to go off RT, and does... but also bounces back left, making Matt Bauman look retarded with a killer juke freeing DM up for a 24-yard score as he scorches the secondary.
BYU tries to run the ball uneffectively out of the spread losing 2 yards and facing Hall with 3rd and 12. He tries to go to his trusty TE, Pitta... only to see Ryan Reynolds eat Pitta's lunch with a scolding hit, breaking up the pass.
The Sooners go on to block the punt, taking the ball over at the 13-yard line. Sam Bradford drops back five a zips one to Jermaine Gresham for 6 more, Stevens takes the toss from Carter Whitson to make it 24-0. Brian Jackson rips the ball out of Mr. Chambers hands at the 15-yard line and Adron Tennell recovers it for another Sooner possession. Sam drops another TE screen off to Gresham, who rumbles over defenders for 6 more. Stevens makes it 31-0.

BYU finally starts to put a drive together until they decide to get tricksy and Brian Jackson picks Hall off AGAIN and takes it to the 40-yard line. Wasting no time, Sam Bradford drops back in play action off of the left tackle and goes deep for Adron Tennell CAUGHT IN THE ENDZONE! 38-0!

Max Hall tries a Tebow jump-pass on the next series in which Gerald McCoy bats up into Travis Lewis's hands, taken back to the 2-yard line after a de-cleating block by Keenan Clayton on Harvey Unga. Chris Brown lowers his shoulders as the Sooners punch it in to make it 45-0.

Having no real idea what to do at this point, Bronco Mendenhall calls for an entire series of boring and predictable "Wild Cougar" formations, none going for more than a yard. Still puzzled as to how Oklahoma could defend something so crazy and unhead of as a direct snap to the quarterback, he elects to go for it on 4th down and 7. Adrian Taylor's mean mug frightens the Cougar center so much he snaps the ball way over Hall's head Andre Gurode-style. Max hall frantically chases the ball around, kicking it accidentally right into the paws of Sam Proctor in the endzone... 54-0.

Then the 2nd quarter starts.

sooner59
8/25/2009, 12:42 AM
BYU upsets OU by 1 point on the last play of the game which was a bigger screw job than the Oregon debacle. The nation sides with OU, who wins the rest of their games. BYU finishes the season undefeated, BUT still behind a 1-loss OU team, who finishes the season at #2 in the nation behind Florida, who is regarded as possibly the greatest college football team of all time. What happens next is the most shocking MNC of all time in the Rose Bowl as OU shuts out Florida 31-0. OU then is crowned the team of the decade with 2 NC, appearing in 5 NC games total, as well as 7 conference titles and 2 Heisman Trophy winners. I party for 4 days straight, followed by 2 full days of sleeping like a baby and a lifetime of of Longhorn and Gator bashing.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2009, 04:36 AM

previously

Actually, you guys have struggled with us in the past. I am assuming it's because you're looking to the next game but nonetheless over the last 7-8 years there have been some close games. There have been some blowouts as well...

Keep in mind though that we've managed to play you close several times when we weren't nearly this well coached or led by this great a QB. I'm not saying we'll beat you, I don't think we will, but it'd hardly a forgone conclusion that you'll "crush" us.

If you're worried about a scrambling QB then you ought to be scared of RGIII who is probably the best at it in the Big XII this season. He put up 102 yards against you guys as a true freshman last year.

LawtonBoy74
8/25/2009, 04:51 AM
Actually, you guys have struggled with us in the past. I am assuming it's because you're looking to the next game but nonetheless over the last 7-8 years there have been some close games. There have been some blowouts as well...

Keep in mind though that we've managed to play you close several times when we weren't nearly this well coached or led by this great a QB. I'm not saying we'll beat you, I don't think we will, but it'd hardly a forgone conclusion that you'll "crush" us.

If you're worried about a scrambling QB then you ought to be scared of RGIII who is probably the best at it in the Big XII this season. He put up 102 yards against you guys as a true freshman last year.

Your post was funny because it lacked so much confidence lol.. the boy is good though but even if he goes off this year, Baylor's defense is umm how do I say this.........not up 2 par

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2009, 05:11 AM
Your post was funny because it lacked so much confidence lol.. the boy is good though but even if he goes off this year, Baylor's defense is umm how do I say this.........not up 2 par

It wasn't up to par when we took you to triple OT either. My point is that we've managed to play you close several times in the last few years, and our team this year sure as hell isn't as ****ty as they have been in past years. Having said all that, we didn't play against Bradford either.

LawtonBoy74
8/25/2009, 05:55 AM
It wasn't up to par when we took you to triple OT either. My point is that we've managed to play you close several times in the last few years, and our team this year sure as hell isn't as ****ty as they have been in past years. Having said all that, we didn't play against Bradford either.

Thank you for explaining my next point... because Bomar was our frickin QB when we went into double OT or whatever it was, I'll give baylor credit because they are alot better than they have been in the past and I am actually looking forward to seeing how they do this year...But all that being said they shouldn't be included in this thread because they will be playing in ole faithful NORMAN this year.. look for your QB to be rattled and look for OU to hang at least half a hundred on them barring no major injuries to the team ala: Sam Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, Demarrco Murray

OU_Sooners75
8/25/2009, 06:01 AM

When you say Baylor has managed to play us close a few times in the last few years, do you mean:

(OU is 18-0 vs. Baylor)...

1901: 17-6
1973 42-14
1974: 28-11
1984: 34-15
1989: 33-7
1996: 28-24
1997: 24-23
1998: 28-16
1999: 41-10
2000: 56-7
2001: 33-17
2002: 49-9
2003: 41-3
2004: 35-0
2005: 37-30
2006: 36-10
2007: 52-21
2008: 49-17

In this 18 game series, only 4 games have been within 10 points.
The overall score is: 663-240. Since 2000 the overall score is: 388-114.

That is an average score of (all time) 36.833 - 13.333. And since 2000 that is an average score of 43.111 - 12.667.

Not exactly close the last few years. Just one time this decade and four time overall. :pop:

beer4me
8/25/2009, 06:29 AM
I don't even want them to lose a coin toss

Jacie
8/25/2009, 11:03 AM
In this 18 game series, only 4 games have been within 10 points.
The overall score is: 663-240. Since 2000 the overall score is: 388-114.

That is an average score of (all time) 36.833 - 13.333. And since 2000 that is an average score of 43.111 - 12.667.

Not exactly close the last few years. Just one time this decade and four time overall. :pop:

Try anything under 21 points = close

Oh crap! That doesn't work either!

StoopTroup
8/25/2009, 11:06 AM
I would just like to go on record that we are going to mow over every one of the teams on our schedule this year.

Cake Walk.

Thanks for listening.

ST

adoniijahsooner
8/25/2009, 11:22 AM
I would just like to go on record that we are going to mow over every one of the teams on our schedule this year.

Cake Walk.

Thanks for listening.

ST

I agree

StoopTroup
8/25/2009, 11:26 AM

We are going to beat Baylor so bad...you will want to graduate and come Home.

JLEW1818
8/25/2009, 11:45 AM

we win this year by 4+ TD's

AlbqSooner
8/25/2009, 07:47 PM
I am confident that we can win all of our games this year. However, if there is a trap game in waiting, it has to be Kansas IMO. We play an improved Baylor, @ a more than decent Miami, Texas, and then we deserve a little rest. Unfortunately we have to go play @ a good Kansas.

I hope we are ready each week, however, if there is a game we could go into not fully stoked, I say it would be Kansas.