PDA

View Full Version : Some more picks...

IronHorseSooner
8/23/2009, 01:08 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=978930

I just don't understand the logic of the Whorns having less questions than us. They have an almost non-existent running game, have yet to find a consistent second receiver, must replace their best defensive player (by a good bit), and find out just who will play TE for them. The reason for us is, you guessed it, the OL. Will OUr OL problems be THAT glaring? How are the Whorns going to consistently run the ball with no steady RB and no TE? Their offense and defense have regressed from last year, but we have, by many accounts, the best front seven around, and are solid at three of the four DB positions (and Proctor was challenging to start last year). So why did one of the guys think that UTerus's D will be better than OUrs? We have a better backfield and set of pass catchers than they do (theirs are more HYPED, see Malcolm Williams and John Chiles). I also think that we will be more motivated for that game than even UTerus will be.

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 01:17 PM
Same ole, same ole. When our line starts mauling people the first few weeks of the season, they will blame the competition.

thatmediadude
8/23/2009, 01:18 PM
Orakpo might be a more valuable loss for them than they realize. I'm with you. Their running game, outside *Colt*, was nonexistant and will be the same this year. I think they will lose 2 games.. @osu and vs. OU. Dump passes to *Shipley* won't work all year this year.. If *Colt* can't throw his screen passes and hitch passes, he's screwed...

SoonerInFortSmith
8/23/2009, 02:09 PM
Let em hate on us. By the end of October they will all be saying how they knew OU was so good and it's no surprise we're number 1. Who cares what they say now.

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 02:13 PM
Everybody is going to question us, until OUr Offensive line shows what they can do, that's just the way it is .

All we need is 1 WR to step up, along side Ryan and Gresham

ashley
8/23/2009, 02:27 PM
They do not have a nonexistent run game. It is non traditional and not what I would with the QB injury risk but it is good.

thatmediadude
8/23/2009, 03:12 PM
They do not have a nonexistent run game. It is non traditional and not what I would with the QB injury risk but it is good.

A running qb is good with the option.. like NEB ran..or if you have someone like Vick back there.. Colt just is scared to throw the deep ball, so he bails out and gets his 4-5 yards and the occasional long break.. It's not a "run" game..

goingoneight
8/23/2009, 03:26 PM
Uh... No. Colt is and has been all along, a VERY dangerous runner and passer.

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 03:30 PM
we just need somebody to knock the **** outta him to set the tone..

his name is Quinton Carter

he begged me to pick him this year

Jacie
8/23/2009, 03:56 PM
So which is it cause it can't be both ways.

Is Ponyboy a QB along the lines of Donovan McNabb/Michael Vick or is he a strong-armed, drop back passer? Is there a third option to this question?

oudivesherpa
8/23/2009, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=jlew1818;2670958]we just need somebody to knock the **** outta him to set the tone..

jlew, if you did that all that would be left on the field is a little orange turd.:D

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 04:08 PM
3rd option: Whiny pansy

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 04:28 PM
None of this matters, because we will fight it out on the field. I think our team is focused on BYU, while Mack Brown and Texas are looking backwards, sideways, and forward. Eyes moving wildly in there sockets, until we get the chance to knock'em out Oct. 17.

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 04:32 PM
I'm prlly gonna be bet big on texas over texas tech... but not watch it

but just think if somehow tech beat texas... imagine the meltdown in horn nation... lol... they seriously would be like WTF JUST HAPPENED? and prlly not even show up at RedRiver

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 04:41 PM
Texas are looking backwards, sideways, and forward. Eyes moving wildly in there sockets

Sounds like they are tweaking to me!

VA Sooner
8/23/2009, 05:11 PM
I'm sure the Texas love by the media is due to the Big 12 tie-breaker last year, one I would remind everyone, that was kept in place by vote of the 12 head coaches because the current tie-breaker system would send the higher ranked team possibly to the national championship. Without that rule, no one from the Big 12 would have made it to the National Championship Game.

Let Texas rank higher in the pre-season... I agree... after October, the naysayers will all be back-pedaling about how they knew OU was better. Texas has too many issues... set up for a bigger fall.

Let the season begin.

goingoneight
8/23/2009, 09:48 PM
I don't think anyone should give a rat's *** where they are ranked right now. We're OU. We have the schedule and the name so that if we take care of business, we're in what matters.

BoulderSooner79
8/23/2009, 10:27 PM
I don't see how it is perceived that pollsters are hating on us. #3 is a darned high pedestal - especially given that we play #2 and no one will question #1. We do have questions to answer - so does UT. Both teams will be very good and are on a collision course marked 10/17. I hope we stay behind the horns in the polls until game day (and not for the wrong reason, ack!). Assuming we're both undefeated going in, we might jump the horns based on SOS, but I hope not.

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 10:28 PM
Florida has a target on their back... you'd be surprised how many close games they will have

SoonerStormchaser
8/23/2009, 11:07 PM
Orakpo

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/animals/img/2087_okapi.jpg

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 11:25 PM
HA HA

MyT Oklahoma
8/23/2009, 11:33 PM
I prefer our RRS enemy be higher ranked and more likely to believe everything printed about them. That makes punching them out all the sweeter.