PDA

View Full Version : NOW FLORIDA'S AHMAD BLACK IS TAKING A SWIPE @ SAM!

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 12:49 PM
What the hell is wrong with the Gators? Don't they have this year to worry about? I love my soul, but I would give a 5th of it, just to play them once more.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090820/SPORTS/908200342/1075

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2009/08/20/florida-safety-rubbing-int-in-to-sam-bradford/

He said he got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing the look on Sooner quarterback Sam Bradford’s face after he made that interception.

“I saw it a couple times (on tape),” Black said. “I just like looking at Sam Bradford’s face. I fast-forward through the pick and just look at him.”

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 12:53 PM
saw that earlier and just tried to ignore it ... guess the gators want an "image" that says "swamp trash" to anybody with any class and even half a brain.

picasso
8/23/2009, 12:58 PM
What the hell is wrong with the Gators? Don't they have this year to worry about? I love my soul, but I would give a 5th of it, just to play them once more.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090820/SPORTS/908200342/1075

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2009/08/20/florida-safety-rubbing-int-in-to-sam-bradford/

It was the receiver's fault.

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 12:59 PM
Juaquin Iglesias should be getting the brunt of this trash talk, not Sam. He only put the ball right in his hands.

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 01:00 PM
It was the receiver's fault.

I know; and that is why this is so stupid.

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 01:07 PM
I know; and that is why this is so stupid.

and probably proves that football is the only reason this individual is in college.

Eielson
8/23/2009, 01:09 PM
“I just like looking at Sam Bradford’s face."

Sounds gay.

thatmediadude
8/23/2009, 01:10 PM
What a joke. The Gators are becoming the Yankees of college football. They won... just shut up and enjoy it... why do they feel the need to talk shi*?

Eielson
8/23/2009, 01:11 PM
Just imagine how good these guys would be if half their team hadn't been arrested.

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 01:12 PM
"A couple of times I wanted to quit, and coach Heater kept me going,'' Black said. "I take advice from him. It was probably my freshman year, when things weren't going my way. I was a little freshman punk. I'm a junior punk now.''

Truer words have never been spoken.

SoonerLB
8/23/2009, 01:13 PM
"swamp trash" about covers anything said by any gaytor.

IronHorseSooner
8/23/2009, 01:14 PM
Living in FLA right now has been awful. I hear from FLA fans this sort of carp. I hear from FSU fans about the Balogun situation, and I hear from Miami fans just how they are going to beat us this year....I think Tebow feels he has to be great because he is/was surrounded by headcases at FLA. Black is one of them, just like Spikes, and Harvin was last year. After the SEC title game, while the rest of the team was celebrating, Harvin was off having his own interviews.

stoopified
8/23/2009, 01:18 PM
Swamp Trash :D

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 01:39 PM
I used to have a fair amount of respect for urban meyer as a coach with his success at non-powers like Bowling Green (where I grew up :cool: ) and Utah. However, now that he has acheived the pinnancle of success in his sport his team gives the appearance of being somewhat out of control. I know a coaching staff can't babysit its players every off the field action, but one would think that with all the media adulation, florida would want to appear to be a class act.

Tailwind
8/23/2009, 01:52 PM
Heh, swamptrash. Good one! :D

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 02:06 PM
I'm sure this guy is going to make a great dad

OU-HSV
8/23/2009, 02:08 PM
**** florida, **** urban meyer, **** this Ahmad d-bag, **** the gator chomp, **** reverend tebow. I hope we get another shot at them this year. **** them

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 03:03 PM
Black made a great play that was one of the difference makers in the game. However, instead of letting his play speak for itself he tries to spout off and can't even articulate what he really did on the field :confused: .

GottaHavePride
8/23/2009, 03:37 PM
Swamp Aggies.

Soonerfan88
8/23/2009, 04:03 PM
Swamp Aggies.

Exactly. Most don't realize that UF is actually the land grant college for the state, not FSU. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 04:17 PM
Screw 'em. As the season progresses the wheels are gonna fall off.

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 04:23 PM

I sure hope so; I normally don't wish ill on any anyone; but i will have the chicken bones and rat teeth out every saturday, accompanied with a Tebow voodoo doll performing unholy chants and ceremonies...if I wasnt a christian. I 'll just have to ask that they learn humilty.

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 04:26 PM

One would think/hope so as long as they continue with their "me-first" mentality.

jumperstop
8/23/2009, 04:26 PM

Unfortunately probably has been since his junior year in high school.

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 04:32 PM
Exactly. Most don't realize that UF is actually the land grant college for the state, not FSU. :D

Interesting dynamics at work in that environment since UF has become THE place to go to school in the state. Combine the "euro-trash" element of South FL, the "trailer-trash element from the rest of the state, and very recent success in athletics, and you have a recipe from hell :hot: .

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 04:33 PM
fixed :D

Unfortunately probably has been since junior high school.

adoniijahsooner
8/23/2009, 04:38 PM
Is it ok for me to be a little angry with Iglesias?

http://forums.gainesville.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/5251064628/inlineimg/Y/AhmadBlack.jpg

He did the same crap @ Colorado in 2007

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 04:40 PM
It's perfectly OK...he shoulda had that ball, or at least not let that moron get it.

tommieharris91
8/23/2009, 04:40 PM
I know a coaching staff can't babysit its players every off the field action, but one would think that with all the media adulation, florida would want to appear to be a class act.

All you need to be a class act football team is that teebo feller... :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 04:43 PM

http://forums.gainesville.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/5251064628/inlineimg/Y/AhmadBlack.jpg

He did the same crap @ Colorado in 2007

I blame that game on R. Smith..... ;)

BosworthXXXL
8/23/2009, 04:44 PM
Ahmad Black

that mother--cker

Eielson
8/23/2009, 04:45 PM

No, not with all that he did. Just imagine if he hadn't made that catch against Baylor.

Zbird
8/23/2009, 04:48 PM
Heh, swamptrash. Good one! :D

Swamp sludge is more like it.

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 04:50 PM
Swamp Shat.

silverwheels
8/23/2009, 05:20 PM
Urban has always seemed like a dick to me. Looks like his personality has dripped down to his players. Sad thing to see.

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 05:35 PM
courtesy of the Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gaytors)

gaytors A person who goes to that massively overrated dump of a school called UF. One who cites statistics such as merit scholar recruitement as a sign of their school's greatness, when there even the University of Texas has them beat. One who can calls an overcrowed, dumpy, overrated school in the middle of a hick town great. One who is gay and attends UFAG.
"I am one of those gaytors, I have 1200 people in my chem class, there are asbestos warnings in my dungeon of a dorm room, UFAG good."

CK Sooner
8/23/2009, 06:12 PM
Is Ahmad Black a DB?

TXBOOMER
8/23/2009, 06:15 PM

He is probably already a baby daddy. :eek:

fadada1
8/23/2009, 06:42 PM
i get the feeling that the gators are going to start "believing the hype." i always hear how college football players don't watch/listen to espn/fox/etc... florida seems to be a collection of individuals all searching for the spotlight - "LOOK AT ME!!!!!" it may only be a perception, but when teams like florida (as they appear to be) start struggling in any situation, the fingers start pointing away from themselves - "I DIDN'T DO IT!!!! IT'S HIS FAULT!!!!"

in a true team, everyone places the blame on themselves - "IT'S MY FAULT", and finds a way to correct it as a unit.

just my $.02

OUAlumni1990
8/23/2009, 07:07 PM
i get the feeling that the gators are going to start "believing the hype."

Let them believe the hype, that will be to our advantage. I hope they hype up Texas too before the RRS.

Johnny Utah
8/23/2009, 07:45 PM
i get the feeling that the gators are going to start "believing the hype." i always hear how college football players don't watch/listen to espn/fox/etc... florida seems to be a collection of individuals all searching for the spotlight - "LOOK AT ME!!!!!" it may only be a perception, but when teams like florida (as they appear to be) start struggling in any situation, the fingers start pointing away from themselves - "I DIDN'T DO IT!!!! IT'S HIS FAULT!!!!"

in a true team, everyone places the blame on themselves - "IT'S MY FAULT", and finds a way to correct it as a unit.

just my $.02

It'll be interesting to see although they're not really tested until week 5 (Oct 10) when they go to LSU. Tebow did have his meltdown of epic proportions after last seasons loss to Ole Miss, but the 2008 team was coming off of a 9-4 season in 2007 culminating with the Capital One Bowl loss to Michigan. This seasons team is looking like it has totally bought into all the hype ... they can't be good winners so how will they be if and when they lose?

Bosley
8/23/2009, 08:10 PM
He said he got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing the look on Sooner quarterback Sam Bradford’s face after he made that interception.

“I saw it a couple times (on tape),” Black said. “I just like looking at Sam Bradford’s face. I fast-forward through the pick and just look at him. Then I take off my pants...and (abrupt end to interview)”

Fixed.

silverwheels
8/23/2009, 08:11 PM
This seasons team is looking like it has totally bought into all the hype ... they can't be good winners so how will they be if and when they lose?

Tebow will just make another speech about how hard he's going to work and all that.

SCxxSOONER
8/23/2009, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately probably has been since his junior year in high school.

:D

G8trGr8t
8/23/2009, 09:22 PM
Is Ahmad Black a DB?

Safety that tied for the lead in D1 in interceptions last year. Slower than most, smaller than most, all he does is play the game the way it should be played. Best fundamental tackler on the team with a great football IQ that helps him to be in the right place at the right time more often than not. Was considered by many to have gotten an offer in a package deal to get Rainey and the Pouncey twins from the Lakeland team. Many thought after being put at CB and failing miserably (too slow, hips to tight); he would wash out and be gone by his second year. He worked his arse off and redirected himself and became the starting safety on the national championship team as a true sophomore.

His comment was not that different from any other defensive player that has ever talked about how good a big hit feels when they feel the opposition crumple (Butkus comes to mind with a few quotes along those lines). As a student of the game, he enjoys the mental aspect, hence the comments about how the int impacted the psyche of the QB. Ahmad is a good kid that, by his own admission, was a punk that did not know what hard work was when he got to UF.

When he refers to himself as a punk now, he is admitting that he still has a lot to learn and room to grow as a person as well as a football player. If you are over 40, I would be willing to bet that most guys you know that are 21 years old are punks (there are exceptions to the rule, I'm talking majority here) but how many of those are willing to acknowledge their shortcomings?

For those hoping that UF is full of themselves, good luck with that. No team can have that much talent stockpiled when it is full of me first kids. Spikes (who passed on a frist round draft pick to come back - and he is from humble origins) and Haden both were quoted recently as saying that Will Hill (safety) is our best defensive player and the kid doesn't start and doesn't complain about it. Our rb by committee features no single back but the guys all accept it and do their part because the team comes first. I could give a lot of examples of how guys have sacrificed their individual goals to help the team win but it would be pointless.

Flame away. :pop:

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 09:23 PM
gator to the rescue

G8trGr8t
8/23/2009, 09:26 PM
gator to the rescue

Well it would be pretty damn boring to sit around and agree with everybody all day, wouldn't it?:D

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 09:40 PM
ur suppose to say Tebow is a sinner!

soonerhubs
8/23/2009, 09:47 PM
Congrats to the Gators! You won in January and earned the accolades. Your DB could have been much classier, but we don't expect it. If you're lucky, we'll see you in January of 2010.

SOONERnTx
8/23/2009, 09:49 PM
put away your tebowner G8trGr8t!!!!!

the_ouskull
8/23/2009, 11:43 PM
What a joke. The Gators are becoming the Red (and bloody) Sox of college football. They won... just shut up and enjoy it... why do they feel the need to talk shi*?

FTFY.

the_ouskull

MyT Oklahoma
8/23/2009, 11:53 PM
Congrats to the Gators! You won in January and earned the accolades. Your DB could have been much classier, but we don't expect it. If you're lucky, we'll see you in January of 2010.

Duly seconded.

P.S. BIOYA Gators.

OU_Sooners75
8/24/2009, 01:54 AM
I personally do not care what any Gator player, coach, administrator, or fan has to say.

However, what they need to do is start acting like they have been there before. Until then, then I can only hope that the Sooner players and coaches, and even their fans, do not stoop to their level.

We all know that they won a very hard fought game by both teams. However, when one looks back on it, the Gators know that they won thanks to a few plays that were not executed correctly by the Sooners.

To me, that would be a threat to me as well...like it seems to be to this Gator football team...Just to know that there could be a rematch for a national championship, against a team, that failed to execute on a few plays would scare the living sh*t out of me too.

olevetonahill
8/24/2009, 02:43 AM
Why I got to be the one to Knock this outta the Park?:D

**** that Fla. "Black" Dude

Johnny Utah
8/24/2009, 07:54 AM
I personally do not care what any Gator player, coach, administrator, or fan has to say.

However, what they need to do is start acting like they have been there before. Until then, then I can only hope that the Sooner players and coaches, and even their fans, do not stoop to their level.

We all know that they won a very hard fought game by both teams. However, when one looks back on it, the Gators know that they won thanks to a few plays that were not executed correctly by the Sooners.

To me, that would be a threat to me as well...like it seems to be to this Gator football team...Just to know that there could be a rematch for a national championship, against a team, that failed to execute on a few plays would scare the living sh*t out of me too.

Well said and my thoughts exactly. Maybe the decades of constantly underacheiving or the epic 62-24 beatdown by Nebraska in the 1995 MNC game are giving them an inferiority complex they feel they need to overcome.

OU_Sooners75
8/24/2009, 08:14 AM
Well said and my thoughts exactly. Maybe the decades of constantly underacheiving or the epic 62-24 beatdown by Nebraska in the 1995 MNC game are giving them an inferiority complex they feel they need to overcome.

To be honest...I do not care what could be the cause of their panties being in a bunch.

But the Gators have won 3 National Championships and 2 this decade, meaning they have been there before.

It is high time they stop acting like the Miami Hurricanes of the 1980s and early 1990s and start acting like what they are...champions.

Until then, I will not have respect for them, their coach, their thuggish players, or anyone associated with them with the same arrogance and attitude that this Gator Football team is portraying coming into this season.

soonerloyal
8/24/2009, 09:08 AM
I need input on what to write on my car's back window.

"I'll take Sam B. over Tim T. any day".
but that's too bland.

"Gators: Stop going full retard and act like you've been there before"

Meh, I got nothin'.

Something with more punch and snark...suggestions?

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 09:09 AM
I need input on what to write on my car's back window.

"I'll take Sam B. over Tim T. any day".
but that's too bland.

Something with more punch and snark...suggestions?

Tuck Febow?

:D;)

soonerloyal
8/24/2009, 09:11 AM
Hmmmm...me likey. Could work! :D

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 09:12 AM
Hmmmm...me likey. Could work! :D

Of course you would probably wind up with a broken window.

:eek: :D

soonerloyal
8/24/2009, 09:14 AM
Not likely with all the Marine Corps stickers and gear in the car. Scary. :cool:

Boomer Mooner
8/24/2009, 09:19 AM
Tebow fans are mastergators.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 09:20 AM
Not likely with all the Marine Corps stickers and gear in the car. Scary. :cool:

True.

G8trGr8t
8/24/2009, 09:57 AM
Tuck Febow?

:D;)

That would sale a few T- shirts.:D

THink about it, for as many people that like him, there are probably twice as many people tired of hearing about him. Almost like Sarah Palin. Not sure the he deserves to get lumped with her but the media overplay is too much.

adoniijahsooner
8/24/2009, 10:23 AM
With this new development by the cdc @ least he wont be out of work.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/32537110#32537110

picasso
8/24/2009, 10:23 AM
That would sale a few T- shirts.:D

THink about it, for as many people that like him, there are probably twice as many people tired of hearing about him. Almost like Sarah Palin. Not sure the he deserves to get lumped with her but the media overplay is too much.

well the media has been nicer to one. not a good comparison there Gator.

cheezyq
8/24/2009, 12:21 PM
What the hell is wrong with the Gators?...

Loaded question. I just chalk it up to them being the new age Miami. Cocky a-hole coach, thug trash-talking a-hole players, cheap shots on and off the field. The only thing that's missing are the drug allegations.

There must be something in the water in Florida...

Landthief 1972
8/24/2009, 12:25 PM
So it looks like there will be a nationwide shortage of Summer's Eve this year because all the d-o-u-c-h-b-a-g-s have migrated to Gainesville.

boomermagic
8/24/2009, 02:15 PM
**** florida, **** urban meyer, **** this Ahmad d-bag, **** the gator chomp, **** reverend tebow. I hope we get another shot at them this year. **** them

Yes but, Now tell us how you really feel ?:D

Octavian
8/24/2009, 02:36 PM
The Florida Gators football program has won 8 conference championships in their program's entire history. And they've been playing for over a hundred years.

They're nouveau riche...new money hood rich punks who stumbled upon a pot of gold and act like they've been major players all along.

Cute -- but regardless of what happened last year, Oklahoma and the others in the Gated Neighborhood of College Football Superpowers still wouldn't invite them to dinner.

soonersam
8/24/2009, 03:04 PM
The Florida Gators football program has won 8 conference championships in their program's entire history. And they've been playing for over a hundred years.

They're nouveau riche...new money hood rich punks who stumbled upon a pot of gold and act like they've been major players all along.

Cute -- but regardless of what happened last year, Oklahoma and the others in the Gated Neighborhood of College Football Superpowers still wouldn't invite them to dinner.

They're the Kansas St of the SEC.... 8 good seasons and cocky as hell!!

Pigface1
8/24/2009, 03:23 PM
Oklahoma and the others in the Gated Neighborhood of College Football Superpowers still wouldn't invite them to dinner.

No doubt. They can enjoy their jorts and and fried gator balls with their sisters.

PDXsooner
8/24/2009, 04:25 PM
some of us need to quit being babies. i would do the same thing. I love looking at chris simm's face after the superman play. maybe next year we make the catch and do the laughing.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 04:30 PM
some of us need to quit being babies. i would do the same thing. I love looking at chris simm's face after the superman play. maybe next year we make the catch and do the laughing.

[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel]

TheUnnamedSooner
8/24/2009, 05:12 PM
With all this out of Fla and all the whining from texass last year, there should be no lack of motivation all season for OUr team.

rainiersooner
8/24/2009, 07:15 PM

It reminds me of stories going around St. Tropez - various bar owners have taken to posting signs saying no Russians allowed. This was in response to newly minted Russian oil millionaires laughingly burning 500 Euro notes on the beach, just because they could. Their time will come. To quote the late, great Flannery O'Connor: everything that rises must converge. This is going to be a good season.

And with that, I conclude my 1,000th post. BOOMER!!!

rainiersooner
8/24/2009, 07:18 PM

Totally fair point. And for the record, I was watching the game the other day and I too thought "Hmmm, Sam sure is making a funny face." But I think Stoops' players have demonstrated a respect for the opponents over the years by leaving it on the field and not talking ****e in the media. That's what I disrespect about these guys.

sooneron
8/24/2009, 08:00 PM
It is high time they stop acting like the Miami Hurricanes of the 1980s and early 1990s and start acting like what they are...champions.

Let me know when you have figured out this "trend". They can't help it. They were raised that way. It's a florida "thang".

beer4me
8/25/2009, 06:13 AM
Interesting dynamics at work in that environment since UF has become THE place to go to school in the state. Combine the "euro-trash" element of South FL, the "trailer-trash element from the rest of the state, and very recent success in athletics, and you have a recipe from hell :hot: .

uf = lsu east

PDXsooner
8/25/2009, 12:02 PM
But I think Stoops' players have demonstrated a respect for the opponents over the years by leaving it on the field and not talking ****e in the media. That's what I disrespect about these guys.

man, i don't know. kind of like larry birdine against USC and dominique franks talking about tebow last year? i think stoops's guys talk as much as anyone -- which is fine in my opinion, by the way. I just don't think OU players are any better.

StoopTroup
8/25/2009, 12:22 PM
Phluck Phlorida

gotpoi73
8/25/2009, 12:23 PM
Sounds gay.

don't blame gator for falling in love with sam. they don't get to see too many people with all of their teeth

CobraKai
8/25/2009, 12:34 PM
man, i don't know. kind of like larry birdine against USC and dominique franks talking about tebow last year? i think stoops's guys talk as much as anyone -- which is fine in my opinion, by the way. I just don't think OU players are any better.

Birdine, yes, but Franks? How exactly did he talk trash? He stated that he thought Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell (or Robinson...not sure who he was referring to) are all better than Tebow. Lovefest aside, Bradford and McCoy WILL be higher on the draft boards of nearly every NFL team. Its not like he said the guy sucks. You could argue that the Big 12 South last year had the best collection of QBs any division has ever had at one time.

PDXsooner
8/25/2009, 12:48 PM
Birdine, yes, but Franks? How exactly did he talk trash? He stated that he thought Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell (or Robinson...not sure who he was referring to) are all better than Tebow. Lovefest aside, Bradford and McCoy WILL be higher on the draft boards of nearly every NFL team. Its not like he said the guy sucks. You could argue that the Big 12 South last year had the best collection of QBs any division has ever had at one time.

believe me, i have no problem with franks saying it. but franks saying that tebow would be the 4th best quarterback was talking trash. even if he believed it, simply by saying it it seemed a little inciteful.

MamaMia
8/25/2009, 12:51 PM
Look. We lost. This is what happens when you lose. Win the game and you don't have to worry about people making fun of you. Its really that simple.

G8trGr8t
8/25/2009, 01:34 PM

Careful now, this is a OU board and you will be red before you know it.:D

All teams at this level have guys that talk first and think later. Nobody is immune. Some just wait till the game is done before they talk, some talk a lot during the game cough, Harris, cough, and some talk before the game.

PDXsooner
8/25/2009, 02:47 PM
my goal is to become red. all you have to do is offer a couple of objective thoughts and you'll get annihilated...

Crucifax Autumn
8/25/2009, 03:31 PM
No, they actually have to be stupid.

Okie35
8/25/2009, 04:06 PM
Careful now, this is a OU board and you will be red before you know it.:D

All teams at this level have guys that talk first and think later. Nobody is immune. Some just wait till the game is done before they talk, some talk a lot during the game cough, Harris, cough, and some talk before the game.

Oh well ... but I've learned that midgets talk the most which suits Ahmad Black.

starclassic tama
8/25/2009, 05:29 PM
my goal is to become red. all you have to do is offer a couple of objective thoughts and you'll get annihilated...

charles darwin would be red if he were on this board, and george w. bush would be green.

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2009, 03:14 AM
I'd neg the shat outta both of them if they said stupid crap.

OUTromBoNado
8/26/2009, 05:12 PM
I also enjoyed seeing the look on a QB's face when he had a pass intercepted...specifically, when Harris and McCoy picked off Tebow.

NorCaligator
8/26/2009, 05:49 PM
I also enjoyed seeing the look on a QB's face when he had a pass intercepted...specifically, when Harris and McCoy picked off Tebow.

No doubt. Its all good!