PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See Inglorious Bastards Yet?

Rogue
8/23/2009, 11:05 AM
What'd ya think?

Turd_Ferguson
8/23/2009, 11:07 AM
What'd ya think?It's a QT movie. Does it start at the end and end at the start?:pop:

SanJoaquinSooner
8/23/2009, 11:31 AM
http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119522

Okla-homey
8/23/2009, 12:18 PM
Saw it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it.

Turd_Ferguson
8/23/2009, 12:33 PM
Saw it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it.Could you expound?

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 12:44 PM
Not until I see it this afternoon he can't.

stoopified
8/23/2009, 01:13 PM
Saw it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it.From the previews it Looks to me to be a ripoff of THE DIRTY DOZEN.Is it? Or does it stand on its own?

Turd_Ferguson
8/23/2009, 01:18 PM
From the previews it Looks to me to be a ripoff of THE DIRTY DOZEN.Is it? Or does it stand on its own?You'll have to wait until this afternoon.

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:18 PM
From the previews it Looks to me to be a ripoff of THE DIRTY DOZEN.Is it? Or does it stand on its own?

If you don't like it...it might seem to be a rip-off but not really of the Dirty Dozen. A little homework might shed some light on it for you though.

The title of the film was inspired by Italian director Enzo Castellari's 1978 film The Inglorious Bastards, but it is not a remake of that film, being set in Nazi-occupied France during World War II, and depicting a plan to assassinate the Nazi leadership.

Tarantino has repeatedly stressed that despite its being a war film, the film is his "spaghetti western but with World War II iconography".[5] In addition to spaghetti westerns, the film also pays homage to the World War II "macaroni combat" sub-genre (itself heavily influenced by spaghetti-westerns), as well as French New Wave cinema.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds

GrapevineSooner
8/23/2009, 01:55 PM
Is that why the title of the movie is intentionally misspelled?

King Crimson
8/23/2009, 02:07 PM
i got the original through netflix last week. good time.

birddog
8/23/2009, 02:34 PM
i got the original through netflix last week. good time.

i only have a small, 3-hour window to catch one tonight. i can't decide between district 9, basterds, and funny people. it's a welcome problem because from what i've heard, i can't go wrong.

Okla-homey
8/23/2009, 02:39 PM
Could you expound?

Pitt's as funny as Clooney in Oh Brother

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 05:05 PM
Pitt's as funny as Clooney in Oh Brother

Agreed. Just got back from the movie.

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 05:07 PM

Nope. It's because Phil's Censorship Software is now an Industry Standard. :D

LoyalFan
8/23/2009, 05:15 PM
Shucks! I see hordes of inglorious bastadges every day. I live in San Antonio and we're overrun with gangbanging, car stealing, home invading, welfare sucking, drug dealing illegals.
Viva Mexicrap!

LF

Rogue
8/23/2009, 07:03 PM
In one preview I totally thought of Clooney in OBWAT.

Veritas
8/24/2009, 08:02 PM
Just got back from the film.

All of the scenes with Brad Pitt or Colonel Landa are awesome. The rest is pretty mediocre.

StoopTroup
8/24/2009, 08:07 PM
I think that was the point though.

sooneron
8/24/2009, 08:19 PM
Does anyone think that QT will ever make a film that is NOT some homage to a particular genre or filmmaker's style?

beer4me
8/25/2009, 06:03 AM

In the words of QT "because that is how it is pronounced" just seen a interview with him and he was asked that question.

Rogue
12/27/2009, 03:54 PM
Finally got around to seeing this last night...it was good, not great.
Samuel L. Jackson and Harvey Keitel make voice cameos.

Fraggle145
12/27/2009, 04:00 PM
I thought it was better than good.

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 04:24 PM
Does anyone think that QT will ever make a film that is NOT some homage to a particular genre or filmmaker's style?

Although you may feel that he is ripping off the American people via some homage to those.....I have to take it to a higher plain. I think the guy is a Student of film making and has seen Hollywood spit people out. The way he helped Travolta invigorate his career was amazing.

So many films of the past are lost. The film they used in those days turned to dust and folks who were really a huge part of Hollywood....their stuff is lost forever. Guys like QT are good IMO for Hollywood. It gives me hope that they will continue to support the art of film making instead of the corporations that have always seemed to take over. Speilberg and Lucas have really used up their creativity IMO. I'd rather see 100 QT films than have to sit through another one of Speilberg or Lucas's attempt to out do each other.

I hope QT stays true to his way and that he continues to inspire others and the IFC type of productions.

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2009, 11:41 PM
Saw it this week. Pretty good. Was glad someone gave me the heads up that it wasn't as "action-y" as the previews made it seem.

Pitt was great.

btk108
12/27/2009, 11:44 PM
It was ok...not a QT fan......I think the Pitt scenes were the best part.

Collier11
1/9/2010, 12:34 AM
Saw it this week. Pretty good. Was glad someone gave me the heads up that it wasn't as "action-y" as the previews made it seem.

Pitt was great.

^ This

I watched it tonight, very entertaining all though it does drag on at times. The music in the movie is great and you gotta love the token QT extremely graphic scenes

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2010, 02:33 AM
I didn't think it was slow at all. Dialogue isn't slow and a movie can have plenty of things going on to keep you interested besides shooting and ***-kicking.

picasso
1/24/2010, 05:45 PM

All of the scenes with Brad Pitt or Colonel Landa are awesome. The rest is pretty mediocre.

Hmmm, I disagree. I thought the bar fight scene was by far the best.

Great flick. Classic QT with the dialogue.

picasso
1/24/2010, 05:47 PM
Is it obvious that ole QT likes Sergio Leone?:)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 06:22 PM
Where is Leroy in this thread. "I am not saying the Nazi's are right but...." ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
1/24/2010, 06:47 PM
germans. pearl harbor. sort of.

King Crimson
1/24/2010, 07:11 PM

this was kind of my opinion.

stoopified
1/24/2010, 08:02 PM
Best thing I can say about it is that I did watch it to the end.I have no desire to ever see it again.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 08:04 PM
Does this mean you disapprove of Anti-Nazi Movies?

stoopified
1/24/2010, 08:14 PM
I was far more impressed with THE HURT LOCKER.

fadada1
1/24/2010, 09:58 PM
saw it about 2 weeks ago. completely enjoyed it. aside from a pretty cool story, one of the more impressive things was the actual dialogue from the actors. the fella playing landa is fluent in german, french, and english (and apparently pretty good at italian). diane kruger (who is a total fox) - also fluent in german (born there), french, and english. same with the german "hero".

pretty cool movie, imo. i agree with the above statements about QT. dude just likes making movies that are off the wall and creative. definitely hasn't "sold out" to hollywood.

Crucifax Autumn
1/24/2010, 10:24 PM
I was far more impressed with THE HURT LOCKER.

The problem with Hurt Locker is the fact that anyone who has actually served in Iraq can tell you that it was extremely inacurate as to the military procedure and overall realism. It was a good movie from a dramatic standpoint, but unlike Basterds, it plays itself off as completely true while Basterds is clearly an alternate history.

Jacie
1/25/2010, 07:33 AM
So one could say that paying homage to other films is Tarentino's style.

I particlularly enjoyed the part at the beginning when Landa chose not to shoot calling out, "Au revoir, Shoshanna!" It is chilling because it casts him as a hunter and he considers Jews not so much human but as prey, and he knows he can pursue her another day. Is Shoshanna a common Jewish name or was it used because of the connection to Seinfeld?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/25/2010, 07:55 AM
Not brushed up on my names but I believe it is the hebrew version of Susan(a). So would believe it is fairly common

delhalew
1/25/2010, 08:04 AM
I didn't think it was slow at all. Dialogue isn't slow and a movie can have plenty of things going on to keep you interested besides shooting and ***-kicking.

This. QT always has great dialogue. Instant classic dialogue.

IB4OU2
1/25/2010, 11:20 AM
BonJorno!

fadada1
1/25/2010, 02:51 PM
BonJorno!

"I speak the most EYE-talian."