PDA

View Full Version : Question--BYU Game

oudivesherpa
8/23/2009, 10:19 AM
During the Dallas game on Friday night a punt hit the scoreboard. Under college rules would the ball still be in play?
Also, assume Sam banks a pass off the scoreboard, it ricochets off a sky box and into Gresham's hands for a touchdown. Do we have to pay for the damages to the scoreboard, or do arena league rules apply?

Can't wait to see the Sooners in the new stadium, it will give them an advantage when they return on December 5th.:D

jumperstop
8/23/2009, 10:29 AM
Can't wait to see the Sooners in the new stadium, it will give them an advantage when they return on December 5th.:D

I would say OU will have an advantage because they are much better than any team from the north.

DakotaSooner
8/24/2009, 09:11 AM
The Cowboys were retarded for having Mitsubishi make and install the scoreboard in the first place. They should have had Daktronics for the contract from the get go.

FtwTxSooner
8/24/2009, 09:16 AM
College rules in this instance are the same as the pros. Its treated the same way as an inadvertent whistle would be in the case neither team had possession of the ball. The result is replaying the down.

GottaHavePride
8/24/2009, 04:18 PM
It's legal if you call backboard.

;)

Dan Thompson
8/24/2009, 09:39 PM
Remember that Arizona beat BYU 31-21? last year in one of the bowl games.

I guess Mike and Bob have talked about that game.

w0lfe
8/25/2009, 08:10 AM
If we limit Max Hall to low passing yards, than I think it will set the tone for the rest of the season.