PDA

View Full Version : Another reason I don't think the Whorns will beat us this year....

IronHorseSooner
8/23/2009, 09:18 AM
Orakpo is gone! He made that defense better. He was to their D as Colt was to their Offense. He freed up the other D-Linemen to make plays. He provided a rush that led to more errant opportunities for their back seven. I realized this by watching the Redskins preseason game last night with the Steelers. The guy's motor was running at full speed, and he was making NFL O Linemen look like Big Phil did last year. I don't think that Crash Kindle can make that sort of impact. Orakpo made Crash look that good last year. In big games next year (us, OSU, KU) it will show how much they miss him.

BosworthXXXL
8/23/2009, 09:33 AM
we're winning

the whole thing

My Opinion Matters
8/23/2009, 02:09 PM
Also, perhaps just as importantly, Loadholt is gone.

ashley
8/23/2009, 02:19 PM
The do not have a nonexistent run game. It is just not traditional. Not the way I would prefer but they rushed quite well, especially in critical situations.

JLEW1818
8/23/2009, 02:23 PM
they went 12-1 last year, without having a true runningback.... I'm still trying to figure that out..... Madu had more rushing yards,then any texas running back.

they won't go 12-1 or anything close to that, if they use the same attack..
Colt is not Vincent

caphorns
8/24/2009, 09:56 AM
Okafor has been looking alot like Rak . . . in practice.

Our D should be better with more experience at LB and in the secondary.

The big issue is in the middle where we lost Miller and have depth problems. I'm concerned about how we stop an effective inside the tackles running game (what OU and Okie Lite have).

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 09:57 AM
Also, perhaps just as importantly, Loadholt is gone.

You don't know what you got till its gone.

fwsooner22
8/24/2009, 11:27 AM
I'm not usually the grammar police but I get a chuckle reading a "longhorn" poster using the word "alot". That just made my day. They are sooooo smart aren't they ?

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not usually the grammar police but I get a chuckle reading a "longhorn" poster using the word "alot". That just made my day. They are sooooo smart aren't they ?

I use it alot just so I don't have to space it out. Not a big deal.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 11:31 AM
Okafor has been looking alot like Rak . . . in practice.

Our D should be better with more experience at LB and in the secondary.

The big issue is in the middle where we lost Miller and have depth problems. I'm concerned about how we stop an effective inside the tackles running game (what OU and Okie Lite have).

Yep, another injury on your defensive line would be devasting to your season. It is pretty bad as it is.

OUAlumni1990
8/24/2009, 11:32 AM
I use it alot just so I don't have to space it out. Not a big deal.

yeah, I use alot alot also.

fwsooner22
8/24/2009, 12:27 PM
Wow

Partial Qualifier
8/24/2009, 01:28 PM
As long as we don't have an epic mid-game implosion at a critical position like we did last year, we will win.

soonersam
8/24/2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe if the special teams would tackle the ball carrier on kick offs!! That sometimes helps the cause!!

footballfanatic
8/24/2009, 02:04 PM
You are so right. We don't have a chance against you guys. No running game, plus we've lost key players. Please forward this link to the Sooner coaching staff, so they can stop preparing for the game, since it's gonna be a blowout.

CK Sooner
8/24/2009, 02:20 PM
You are so right. We don't have a chance against you guys. No running game, plus we've lost key players. Please forward this link to the Sooner coaching staff, so they can stop preparing for the game, since it's gonna be a blowout.

Already did.

soonersam
8/24/2009, 02:52 PM

Red bar, You said it perfectly!!

TexasLidig8r
8/24/2009, 03:30 PM

maybe Stoopsie will have the 3 games preceding the Texas - OU game cancelled so he has a month to prepare and will treat the game like a bowl game.

:D

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 03:30 PM
IT'S LID!!! RUN!!!!!!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/24/2009, 03:37 PM
You don't know what you got till its gone.

A bunch of false start penalties? :confused:

I n all seriousness, he was a great player, but his dumb penalties came at some of the worst times for us.

JLEW1818
8/24/2009, 03:38 PM
he still could drink a keg