PDA

View Full Version : Kansas UMM

OUHOMER
8/22/2009, 04:17 PM
Well, i may be forced to go visit my BIL in Kansas City on the weekend of the Kansas game.

I think i may have to take advantage of this and go to the game.

Poor Me:D

Salt City Sooner
8/22/2009, 05:09 PM
Do it if you can, it's a nice place (esp. the campus) to watch a game. In fact, that's where I saw the guys play for the first time, back in '86.

GottaHavePride
8/22/2009, 05:54 PM
Are we playing that game at Arrowhead again?

OUHOMER
8/22/2009, 06:48 PM
Are we playing that game at Arrowhead again?

No, but its not that far a drive back over to Lawrence

goingoneight
8/22/2009, 06:54 PM
IMO, if you want to get ahead of yourself... that game is the biggest "trap" game of them all. You have the BIG 12 opener against Baylor, which Baylor is as Baylor does... still... I'm not the only one who's heard hype that Baylor could score some upsets this year. The Bears will have OU's full attention, being at home and all. Then you have the game of the year.

If EVER there is a chance at a Red River hangover under Stoops, it's playing a true road game against a team two years separated from a BCS win the week after quite possibly the biggest regular season game of the Stoops era.

Lots of ifs and buts there. However, I think that game, even if KU is 3-3 will be a dogfight.

OUHOMER
8/22/2009, 06:57 PM
IMO, if you want to get ahead of yourself... that game is the biggest "trap" game of them all. You have the BIG 12 opener against Baylor, which Baylor is as Baylor does... still... I'm not the only one who's heard hype that Baylor could score some upsets this year. The Bears will have OU's full attention, being at home and all. Then you have the game of the year.

If EVER there is a chance at a Red River hangover under Stoops, it's playing a true road game against a team two years separated from a BCS win the week after quite possibly the biggest regular season game of the Stoops era.

Lots of ifs and buts there. However, I think that game, even if KU is 3-3 will be a dogfight.

Yet, another great reason to go.

goingoneight
8/22/2009, 07:03 PM
Todd Reesing may not be on anyone's Heisman list, nor will he be on anyone's draft prospect list... but the dude is a difference maker. He is just as dangerous for making plays improvisationally as Colt McCoy. Difference is Cart has defensive talent on his team.

I see some points scored in this one.

GottaHavePride
8/23/2009, 12:19 AM
That's going to be a tough stretch. Baylor's QB was pretty freaking good as a freshman last year. Texas is Texas, and KU should be fairly stout this year.

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 01:50 AM
Really tough stretches lead to OU championships.

unbiasedtruth
8/23/2009, 02:08 AM
Free State Brewery..... check it out. get a couple of "jugs to go. I like their Hefe....

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2009, 02:31 AM
I like jugs...

Soonerfan88
8/23/2009, 11:21 AM
Just an FYI, tickets are $90 face and if you buy through KU you have to get a 3 game package for $150. Most I've seen online are already selling at over $100. Lawrence isn't used to this during football season so who knows what you will find on gameday.

IronHorseSooner
8/23/2009, 11:41 AM
Todd Reesing may not be on anyone's Heisman list, nor will he be on anyone's draft prospect list... but the dude is a difference maker. He is just as dangerous for making plays improvisationally as Colt McCoy. Difference is Cart has defensive talent on his team.

^^^^Right here! KU's passing game will be outstanding with Briscoe and Meier. Their problem is a consistent running game and they lost ALL of their LBs from last year. They may have one of the worst defenses in the conference. They must win by shootouts. The good thing is about this game is that we will have faced a VERY similar offense the week prior in the Cotton Bowl. In fact, I would say man-for-man, KU's receivers are just as good, if not better, than what UTerus will throw at us. However, they don't have the defense to stay with a quality offense, even at home (UTerus and Tech last year in Lawrence).

Okie35
8/23/2009, 11:53 AM

Reesing is on a lot of people's heisman lists.

sooner ngintunr
8/23/2009, 12:01 PM

6-0 is ALOT more likely IMO.

KU is going to be pretty good this year.

OUHOMER
8/23/2009, 05:23 PM
Just an FYI, tickets are $90 face and if you buy through KU you have to get a 3 game package for $150. Most I've seen online are already selling at over $100. Lawrence isn't used to this during football season so who knows what you will find on gameday.

I was just looking around, hell the 3 game package my be cheaper than buying single tickets. Depending on what other games come with it you could sell them for half price and make some of your money back.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2009, 05:49 AM
That's going to be a tough stretch. Baylor's QB was pretty freaking good as a freshman last year. Texas is Texas, and KU should be fairly stout this year.

I'm the most negative pessimistic guy in the world, and almost nothing impresses me. RGIII has me impressed and optimistic. He's an olympic level runner with moves that are Vince Young like. The question isn't whether or not he's good, he's amazing, the question is if he's good enough to carry the entire team on his back and win. That I don't know. It's also entirely possible that he just has one of those great QB meltdowns when they never seem to play to their potential (like Brad Smith). I doubt that though.

RGIII is just flat out fun to watch.

OU_Sooners75
8/24/2009, 07:28 AM
Good luck finding tickets.

About the only way to find tickets without knowing someone or at the game itself is by buying a 3 or 4 gmae package.

Yes folks, KU is pulling an OSU on this game!