PDA

View Full Version : All is right with the world...

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:35 PM
Let me count my blessings:

1) football season is upon us and other than some question marks on the O-line, the Sooners are loaded.

2) Me and mine are healthy

3) I got a job

4) Oklahoma unemployment is holding steady at around 6% amidst "the worst economy since the Great Depression." And let's face it, 6 out of hundred people ain't interested in working anyway.

5) The One is proving to be an empty suit and a dismal disappointment even to his base.

6) The Orange ones in Stoolwater are optimistic about their season which means they'll be even more dissapointed when they discover their gridiron gladiators are again unable to mount even a moderately effective defense.

7) Tulsa is looking better than she's looked in thirty years, and OKC continues to rock-on as a money making dynamo for OUr great state.

8) Deer season is getting closer too.

9) Our gallant and noble men and women in uniform have largely pacified Iraq and the same people who figured out how to do that are now shifting battle focus to Asscrackistan.

10) Its going to be in the high 50's after midnight and my house is open with the A/C off.

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2009, 08:37 PM
And let's face it, 6 out of hundred people ain't interested in working anyway.

My wife begs to differ...:mad:

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:39 PM
My wife begs to differ...:mad:

Its tough for 45+ year olds to find gigs. It's just a fact.

Sooner04
8/21/2009, 08:42 PM
5) The One is proving to be an empty suit and a dismal disappointment even to his base.
Why is this a blessing? As Americans we should hope our President succeeds, regardless of their party affiliation.

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:46 PM
Why is this a blessing? As Americans we should hope our President succeeds, regardless of their party affiliation.

Not if his goals differ from what we individually believe is best for our country. See, as the Dems taught us all during the W era, its not unpatriotic to oppose a guy in the WH we think is messing up. In fact, its our patriotic duty to in that instance to hope he fails and has to crawl away in disgrace.

VeeJay
8/21/2009, 08:49 PM
Homey - there's one thing that's not OK in the world - the whole Rod Stewart thingey. :pop:

picasso
8/21/2009, 08:49 PM

I agree.

sincerely,

VeeJay
8/21/2009, 08:51 PM
Not if his goals differ from what we individually believe is best for our country. See, as the Dems taught us all during the W era, its not unpatriotic to oppose a guy in the WH we think is messing up. In fact, its our patriotic duty to in that instance to hope he fails and has to crawl away in disgrace.

...or, in the case of Dick Cheney, who should be sent to the lowest of the filthy prisons to be raped until he's breathed his last breath, as a war criminal. :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:52 PM
Homey - there's one thing that's not OK in the world - the whole Rod Stewart thingey. :pop:

yepper. I hope his teams all lose and his young wife runsoft with the poolboy.

Sooner04
8/21/2009, 11:17 PM
In fact, its our patriotic duty to in that instance to hope he fails and has to crawl away in disgrace.
I can't root for our/my president to fail, regardless of if I voted for him or not. It seems very UN-patriotic to root for our elected leader to fail.

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2009, 11:51 PM
4) Oklahoma unemployment is holding steady at around 6% amidst "the worst economy since the Great Depression." And let's face it, 6 out of hundred people ain't interested in working anyway.

You need to look up the definition of unemployed. It might surprise you.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/22/2009, 12:03 AM
I can't root for our/my president to fail, regardless of if I voted for him or not. It seems very UN-patriotic to root for our elected leader to fail.Hows about we want him to succeed, but want him to do things vastly different from what he's been doing. The "change" thing. Yes, he can! You might be comfortable with that approach.

Okla-homey
8/22/2009, 07:24 AM
Hows about we want him to succeed, but want him to do things vastly different from what he's been doing. The "change" thing. Yes, he can! You might be comfortable with that approach.

I could support that. IOW, if he were to snap out of it and stop making a fool out of himself and those folks who elected him with all his hare-brained schemes, that would be "change I could beleive in.":O

Okla-homey
8/22/2009, 07:27 AM
You need to look up the definition of unemployed. It might surprise you. I realize the number isn't supposed to include people who aren't actively seeking employment, but there are still a lot of "help wanted" signs around.

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2009, 03:55 PM
It also doesn't include people who have been looking long enough fortheir unemployment benefits to run out or people who have been denied benefits.