PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

StoopTroup
8/21/2009, 08:31 PM
A Co-worker of mine was in a really bad car wreck and is in Intensive Care. Sounds like he has massive head trauma and they fixed a lung already. Anyway...Kevin does a thankless job and has helped a lot of people and given of himself more than most people due to the position he is in.

This guy and his Family need our prayers.

TIA

ST

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:48 PM
A Co-worker of mine was in a really bad car wreck and is in Intensive Care. Sounds like he has massive head trauma and they fixed a lung already. Anyway...Kevin does a thankless job and has helped a lot of people and given of himself more than most people due to the position he is in.

This guy and his Family need our prayers.

TIA

ST

In. And sorry I missed your 50th birthday confab. I just saw Mrs. Stoopy's PM on the Posse site. Mea culpa. Hope you had a happy day...you old fart.

Crucifax Autumn
8/21/2009, 09:51 PM
In.

GrapevineSooner
8/21/2009, 09:51 PM
In.

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 10:04 PM
Done

olevetonahill
8/22/2009, 12:26 AM
In Bro

ouwasp
8/22/2009, 02:20 AM
Just did it...

beer4me
8/22/2009, 10:36 AM
In my man

85Sooner
8/22/2009, 10:59 AM
tELL HIS FAMILY WERE IN!

OU-HSV
8/22/2009, 11:09 AM
Certainly IN...
hope your buddy is able to pull through with the best recovery possible in his situation.

stoopified
8/22/2009, 11:10 AM
Prayers from the Moses family.

Frozen Sooner
8/22/2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear that, ST.

StoopTroup
8/22/2009, 11:49 AM
In. And sorry I missed your 50th birthday confab. I just saw Mrs. Stoopy's PM on the Posse site. Mea culpa. Hope you had a happy day...you old fart.

It's all good. It's her turn tonight. :D

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Stoopy....lol.

StoopTroup
8/22/2009, 11:57 AM
Update: Kevin is in an induced coma and it seems we are waiting to see if he will be able to recover from the injuries.

Curly Bill
8/22/2009, 02:19 PM
Prayers sent.

soonerloyal
8/23/2009, 11:44 PM
Heavenly Father, we come to you, agreeing in prayer for this young man, this son of yours. We lift him to you, Father, and claim healing for him as you tell us in your Word you want for all your beloved children. Father God, thank you for being with him and all who love him, and we pray he return to his life whole, healthy and blessed. We thank you, we claim this and we are grateful, in the name of your Son Jesus Chhrist. Amen.

God bless. Please keep us updated.

walkoffsooner
8/24/2009, 02:29 AM
Sent

Boomer.....
8/24/2009, 07:37 AM
In.

Tailwind
8/24/2009, 10:28 AM
In, of course.

Tailwind
8/24/2009, 10:29 AM
Any idea how long they will keep him in the coma?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/24/2009, 12:38 PM
In.

StoopTroup
8/24/2009, 08:11 PM
Any idea how long they will keep him in the coma?

I haven't heard any updates.

He's in really bad shape though.

A Sooner in Texas
8/24/2009, 08:23 PM
ST, my brother was in the same situation several years ago after he was hit head-on on I-35 north of Guthrie (that's quite a detour across those wide medians, isn't it??). He was taken to the OU med center and kept in a coma and on a ventilator for 11 days. His internal organs were so swollen they couldn't close him up after removing his destroyed spleen.
He is now 100 percent. Prayers for your friend and keep the faith.

OKC-SLC
8/24/2009, 10:11 PM
In.

StoopTroup
9/28/2009, 05:04 PM
Update. As I told you all before...this young man was really hurt badly. I haven't asked again as I was waiting to see how things went.

Anyway....he's getting the best care a guy in his situation can get...we'll just have to keep praying as Kevin continues to fight. It's a long road back it would seem however.

Thanks and God Bless everyone for the Prayers.

ST

Pray4Kevin (http://twitter.com/pray4kevin)

Lott's Bandana
9/28/2009, 05:05 PM
In.

OUHOMER
9/28/2009, 05:11 PM
In

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks All.

This guy is a fighter and his Family is too.

If he makes it through this...it will be an amazing miracle IMO.

He has truely helped a lot of people...he deserves Gods blessings and mercy.

okiewaker
9/29/2009, 06:29 AM
Sorry I missed this ST, however I'm in and will pray for him now!!!

olevetonahill
9/29/2009, 07:23 AM
Still Praying Bro

Is he still In the Coma ?

Boomer.....
9/29/2009, 07:30 AM
Will keep him in my prayers.

Tailwind
9/29/2009, 06:20 PM
More prayers for Kevin. Good that he's a fighter, that will help a lot.

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 06:39 PM
Still Praying Bro

Is he still In the Coma ?

I haven't been able to discern that as of yet. They moved him into a care taker situation and I do think he's off a ventilator now but I think he's got three clots on his brain stem and that's what has us waiting to see what can happen next. This was so bad that it's going to take a lot of patience, prayers and time. His vehicle got T-Boned and it threw him all over the inside of the car. Multiple collisions occurred after the initial impact I believe.

He's got orthopedic issues even once he's conscious.

proud gonzo
9/29/2009, 06:55 PM
in.

I Am Right
9/29/2009, 07:08 PM
Tough deal, Prayers are sent.

A Sooner in Texas
9/29/2009, 08:06 PM
He's a fighter, that's obvious. We'll keep those prayers going for him and his family.

soonerloyal
10/2/2009, 10:22 AM
Prayers continue. Bless his heart.

CK Sooner
10/2/2009, 10:48 PM
IN

olevetonahill
10/3/2009, 05:11 AM
In

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 09:36 AM
Here's an Update...

This really puts things in perspective when a loved one's life is suddenly interrupted. I know many of you have been through similar circumstances...as have I. Thanks for the continued paryers.

Our family loves the fair. I can’t actually remember the first time I went to the fair. I am guessing it is because I start going as a baby. Every year my family spends several days at the Tulsa State Fair, playing games, eating corn dogs and listening to concerts; our dad has even played music out there for concerts and in contests. Last year, I took tons of pictures and video, so that the years we are in Italy we can look at the photos and think about the good times with family.

When all this happened, we didn’t even know if it would last this long. We had no idea if we would be here in America for the fair. As the time for the fair approached, we started thinking about the decision of going or not going. It will be so strange and emotional to go to the fair without Kevin. Although, it would probably be just as strange to not go.

Our family has a meeting spot at the fair. Before cell phones, it wasn’t easy to meet up without a meeting spot. We meet at the OU booth in the IPE building (Quiktrip building). Often we would be stuck waiting forever for someone. [/B]If we end up meeting there this year, we might find ourselves lingering a little longer for Kevin to arrive.[/B]

We did decide to go, at least a few times. Kevin would, and he would want us to do that too. So tonight, a family friend will be with Kevin allowing our family the opportunity to go all together, at least once. So if you remember our family tonight, pray for us to have a good time and have the strength to make it through the emotional aspects of going without Kevin.

The search continues for a next step facility. Kevin is here at Meadowbrook for another week, until next Tuesday (it is a week to week approval). But we don’t want to be caught unprepared so we continue to look at what’s next. Right now, it would need to be a facility that accepts patients with a trach, and some even distinguish between recently placed and older trachs. His is considered a recently placed trach.

The past couple days he has had the trach cap on, which only allows him to breathe through his nose and mouth. He continues to do well with it, sometimes having more coughing issues, but other times doing fine. It is a relearning of breathing. His respiratory rate continues to do well. The other night they removed all leads from his chest (telemetry). The only things they are monitoring now are through the pulsox. It measures his oxygen rating and basic heart monitoring. Kevin had a couple of small sores on his back that he got while in TICU. He hasn’t gotten anymore since being at Meadowbrook. One looks better, the other has looked better and not as good (but never really bad). They both need to heal more.

He has had the trach cap on for a couple hours again today and is doing well with it. He also was in his neuro chair today. In a future update, I’ll post what questions we are asking of the facilities we are looking into for Kevin. It is a long list and some centers respond better than others. I thought it may be helpful for others. And also if anyone out there has more experience than we do, feel free to send us questions we may not have thought.

Thanks for praying and reading. And maybe we’ll see you tonight if you brave the rain and make it out to the fair tonight.
Matt, Angie and family

CrimsonJim
10/3/2009, 12:12 PM
Wow, don't know how I missed this one. Definitely IN. Bless his family and friends as they work through this difficult time in their lives.

StoopTroup
2/2/2010, 12:34 PM
Little update....

Kevin is at Home being cared for by Family. Looks like they went a couple of days without a nurse around during the Ice Storm. Sounds like he's in good hands and in an enviroment of loving care.

Thanks to all who have sent prayers and well wishes his way.

I continue to think about him often....

http://twitter.com/pray4kevin

ST

tidalmouse
2/2/2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry I'm so late.Prayers sent for Kevin and his Family.God Bless him and all his Family and Friends who have been affected by this.

Oldnslo
2/2/2010, 12:41 PM
wow. missed this one. Never too late for prayers, though. IN.

TUSooner
2/2/2010, 03:57 PM
In and done.