PDA

View Full Version : Rod Stewart can blow me...

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:22 PM
and I don't "think he's sexy."

He cancelled his concert last night at the BOk much to the chagrin of many aging hipsters. Not me, I wasn't going. But WTF does he think he is dissing the Cultural Capital of Oklahoma like that?

Limey loser. :mad:

VeeJay
8/21/2009, 08:47 PM
Nominate for Thread Title of the Week

picasso
8/21/2009, 08:48 PM
Did they pump his stomach on stage?

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:50 PM
Did they pump his stomach on stage?

Get with it. That was David Bowie silly. Too much Elton...'least that was the word in my HS back in 1977.;)

yermom
8/21/2009, 09:43 PM
he was doing you guys a favor :D

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 10:07 PM
and I don't "think he's sexy."

He cancelled his concert last night at the BOk much to the chagrin of many aging hipsters. Not me, I wasn't going. But WTF does he think he is dissing the Cultural Capital of Oklahoma like that?

Limey loser. :mad:
Why did he cancel?

Crucifax Autumn
8/21/2009, 10:09 PM
Some geriatric disorder no doubt!

sooner ngintunr
8/21/2009, 10:14 PM
teh AIDS.

I keed, its not true.......

King Crimson
8/21/2009, 10:16 PM
they play Rod's recent Tony Bennett wannabe LP at the grocery store. when they are playing your shizz at the grocery store, you're done.

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 10:31 PM
they play Rod's recent Tony Bennett wannabe LP at the grocery store. when they are playing your shizz at the grocery store, you're done.

fo sho. He prolly had to take a nap or sumpin'

picasso
8/21/2009, 10:44 PM
Get with it. That was David Bowie silly. Too much Elton...'least that was the word in my HS back in 1977.;)

Nope, twas the Hot Rod.;)

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/rockstar.asp

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2009, 11:03 PM
I like his music a lot. My mother's also a fan, and one of my dad's patients is a roadie who toured with Rod Stewart on his last US tour. Anyway, this patient of his managed to get my mom an autographed soccer ball.

He's probably a bit of an *******, but nearly every celebrity is.

proud gonzo
8/22/2009, 12:17 AM
I'd like to reference another sign that someone's "done":

I like his music a lot.

Seamus
8/22/2009, 02:51 AM
Another thread in need of a raid by the man-card police ...

badger
8/22/2009, 11:03 AM
I've heard conflicting reports of why this concert didn't happen and was canceled the morning of the concert day.

The official reason was that Rod was sick and unable to perform. I think most can agree that this couldn't be farther from the truth.

The likely reasons have to do with ticket sales. Less than half of the BOK Center had been sold for this concert. Thus, either Rod didn't want to perform to an embarrassingly small crowd, or the BOK Center couldn't afford to pay Rod with so few ticket sales.

Was the cancellation on Rod or the BOK Center? Who knows?

Okla-homey
8/22/2009, 11:08 AM
I've heard conflicting reports of why this concert didn't happen and was canceled the morning of the concert day.

The official reason was that Rod was sick and unable to perform. I think most can agree that this couldn't be farther from the truth.

The likely reasons have to do with ticket sales. Less than half of the BOK Center had been sold for this concert. Thus, either Rod didn't want to perform to an embarrassingly small crowd, or the BOK Center couldn't afford to pay Rod with so few ticket sales.

Was the cancellation on Rod or the BOK Center? Who knows?

I bet he was constipated or something. Perhaps an embarrasing herpes outbreak...or maybe a boil on his nose.

StoopTroup
8/22/2009, 11:55 AM
Rod Stewart can blow me...

Freakin' Groupies will do anything... :pop: :hot:

tidalmouse
8/22/2009, 01:23 PM
Prolly the Boil on Rod's Nose.Some White Powder prolly be good for it. :pop:

KABOOKIE
8/22/2009, 01:49 PM
Rod Stewart can blow me...

Another thread in need of a raid by the man-card police ...

No kidding! And be careful what you ask for. Rod might have no problem with it.....

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/24/2009, 07:46 AM
I think he found out where Tulsa was and realized it was a mistake ;)

OKC>Tulsa! I keed, I keed.