PDA

View Full Version : Tulsans...

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:20 PM
who do you like in the 'Pub primary? Although I may be a Sandite soon, I'm voting for Dewey Bartlett in the primary.

What say you?:pop:

JohnnyMack
8/21/2009, 08:48 PM
Bartletts old money vs. Medlocks tight fisted ways.

I'll say Medlock. Even though this Bixby-ite don't get to vote.

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 09:02 PM
Bartletts old money vs. Medlocks tight fisted ways.

I'll say Medlock. Even though this Bixby-ite don't get to vote.

I like Chris personally, he's bright and and I used to listen to his show on AM radio...but I don't trust him. A guy who would pad his resume with a Masters he didn't have would lie about other things too. Plus, he was a ringleader in sowing discord in the most do-nothing council this city had in 20 years. Plus, I blame him, among others, for the failure of the Tulsa river development initiative.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/21/2009, 09:12 PM
Pimp this town!

Vote Paul Tay!

sooner ngintunr
8/21/2009, 10:07 PM
I like Chris personally, he's bright and and I used to listen to his show on AM radio...but I don't trust him. A guy who would pad his resume with a Masters he didn't have would lie about other things too. Plus, he was a ringleader in sowing discord in the most do-nothing council this city had in 20 years. Plus, I blame him, among others, for the failure of the Tulsa river development initiative.

eggactly, except I don't even like that guy.

Dude has lied more times than anyone I've ever heard on the radio.

That whole email fiasco just tells me the guys dishonest.

I blame him too, the lies and rhetoric he was spewing right before that vote was pathetic, mostly the lies about the private funds.

I think that guy is a major doosh and stands zero chance in any public office...I hope.

[end rant]

I'm not in any city limits though so I have no vote. Don't mind it a bit. Just wanted to bag on that hater Medlock

GottaHavePride
8/22/2009, 12:14 AM
McNellie's.

Wrong kind of pub?

JohnnyMack
8/22/2009, 07:36 AM
I didn't know all this stuff about Medlock. Do tell.

Okla-homey
8/22/2009, 07:59 AM
I didn't know all this stuff about Medlock. Do tell.

Think of him this way; every cool new thing we have accomplished over the preceding ten years that Tulsans are now mighty proud of, he opposed.

sooner ngintunr
8/22/2009, 09:48 AM
And he was getting private Emails from the city council for nearly 10 months after he was not on the Council. I remember him on his morning show always saying "my inside sources are telling me" blah blah blah.

About the River vote, he stood on his soap box daily and said that every dime in the private money, all 117 million of it (617 Million if you count the Bransons Landing $$) would still be there if we didn't vote for the river project.

So Tulsa voted no to spend 282 Million and have an additional 617 Million of private $$$ spent on the river.

Needless to say Medlock was wrong because none of that private money was spent. It seemed like that was his main reason for voting no, "let the private sector do it" "they'll still spend all of that money if you people vote no".

Thats why I don't like him. Using lies and deceit to further an agenda is the worst, and thats what most politicians resort to nowadays. Its pretty sad.

Mjcpr
8/22/2009, 10:54 AM
Medlock is nuts, as is Anna Falling. That pretty much leaves only Bartlett and I haven't heard great things about him.

I'll probably vote for Adelson in the election but I don't know a lot about him either. :shrug:

badger
8/22/2009, 10:59 AM
Pimp this town!

Vote Paul Tay!

For those of you who don't know the legend of Paul Tay, click here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2009/tulsa_elections/Tay.html)

I absolutely love his platform of EVERYBODY RIDES BIKES.

The local media just endorsed Bartlett. Medlock really, really wants to debate Bartlett, probably because he realizes he's still a strong second (even with a boatload of candidates).

I really haven't decided.

StoopTroup
8/22/2009, 11:50 AM
Who ever drank the most and left early.

yermom
8/22/2009, 12:02 PM
McNellie's.

Wrong kind of pub?

that's what i was thinking too

and i need to meet Paul Tay. that guy's crazy