PDA

View Full Version : Games in HD

HolaKyle
8/21/2009, 03:31 PM
This year I was going to record all the games and keep them stored on my computer. Since I live in Florida, I have to rely on ESPN Gameplan to receive some of the games that aren't broadcasted nationally. I have DirecTV though, so I will at least be able to watch all of the games.

I would like to have a copy of all the games in HD, but the games I will have to watch on ESPN Gameplan will not be in HD. Would there be someone out there that would be able to send me a digital copy of the games that I wouldn't be able to receive in HD? It will be nice to have all the games in HD.

Thank you!

NormanPride
8/21/2009, 03:34 PM
This would be best asked after the season. Some games simply will not have an HD airing, though.

HolaKyle
8/21/2009, 03:59 PM
The reason why I was asking now, is to see if anyone normally records the games, if they would be willing to record a copy for me. Or to see if someone could record a game, when they normally don't. I would need someone with the capability to transfer the game in HD to a digital file. It will probably be maybe 3 or 4 games.

From what I recall last year, all of our games were in HD. Am I wrong?

PhilTLL
8/22/2009, 02:58 AM
Last year, all but the pay-per-view game and A&M (ABC's inexplicable non-HD game that week) were HD. If I recall correctly. So uhhhhhh...were you planning on saving transport streams? Were you going to send someone a hard drive for that? You can buy me a BR burner if you really want. Or were you thinking x264 conversion? Heh.

Anything other than OTA channels in HD (or their equivalents on digital cable) will be a tougher nut to crack, too. Not impossible, but harder, and beyond my personal purview, so far in my video history. I still use my (CP-free) standalone DVD recorder and DVR to save ESPN and FSN games. It would require a component-video-in capture device (a couple do exist) or the ability to decrypt either the QAM stream straight from the cable with a conventional tuner card, or the stream from a Firewire-out STB. I think.

DrZaius
8/22/2009, 07:32 AM
Well since you have direcTV you could jsut HD encode the games yourself. Try this...

Component HD Encoder (http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware2.asp?product=hd_pvr)

If you need more than 1 output to be able to do this then pick up one of these...
Component Distribution (http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/a-v-distribution/distribution-amplifiers/component-video/distribution-amp-1x5-av501hdx/prodAV501HDX.html)

CK Sooner
8/22/2009, 08:30 AM
Idaho State game won't be HD. That's for sure.

HolaKyle
8/22/2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys. I actually do have the Hauppauge HD PVR.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116030

I was going to rip them onto BluRay after capturing them onto my computer.

I just didn't know if someone that would be able to receive some of the games in HD, and had the capability to record them onto a computer in HD, would be able to send a copy.

Also, I believe the Pay-per-View game was in HD last year. I didn't order the game (but I will this year) but I remember the highlights and whenever clips are shown on ESPN, it is in HD.

If someone did help, I could hookthem up with the whole season. I was planning on recording the games, having alternate audio track with the radio broadcast, and then the replay show that Bob has.

PhiDeltBeers
8/22/2009, 11:52 AM
I would love to store all the games on my 500gb ext harddrive. What's the easiest way to do this? Buy a DVD recorder and use it. Then rip it to my computer?

PhiDeltBeers
8/22/2009, 11:54 AM
I would love to store all the games on my 500gb ext harddrive. What's the easiest way to do this? Buy a DVD recorder and use it. Then rip it to my computer?

I have DVR, but it will only hold about 3 or 4 games at a time. Cox anyway. Is there a way to hook up an external harddrive to the Cox box???

HolaKyle
8/22/2009, 03:01 PM
What you will have to do is google your particular box with your service and see if there is anyway to extend it. I know that if your cable box has a eSATA port, and it is "active" (some companies don't activate them on their boxes,) then you can hook certain external harddrives through that port as expansions. For me, I'm just going to transfer them through my HD PVR (link earlier) and store them on my computer. From there, I'm probably going to burn bluray discs with menus, and some other stuff I record for the season.

HolaKyle
8/22/2009, 03:05 PM
If you want to transfer the games to your computer then you need a tv capture card. You can get them pretty cheap these days. If you want to record HD, then you will need to get Hauppauge HD PVR. That is what I have. That is the only way to record HD on your computer without having to spend thousands of dollars.

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2009, 04:05 PM
Does a clothes hanger stuck in the back of the TV get HD?

PhiDeltBeers
8/29/2009, 09:42 AM
holakyle...I sent you a pm.

StoopTroup
8/29/2009, 09:58 AM
I'd like to have last years osu game in 3D so Sam could come flying out of my TV into my living room.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/522210/medium.jpg

PhiDeltBeers
8/29/2009, 10:28 AM
That's funny, I just watched that game Thursday. Little did he know, that play won him the heisman.

HolaKyle
8/29/2009, 02:32 PM
holakyle...I sent you a pm.

PM received and replied.

CK Sooner
8/29/2009, 02:40 PM
PM received and replied.

lol