PDA

View Full Version : Lid, or any stat guru

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 01:11 PM
How many home games a year does UT average compared to OU, not counting when they are the home team in Dallas?

sooneron
8/21/2009, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing around 7.
I'm seeing mostly 6 home games with some seasons with 8 sprinkled in for good mreasure.
I'm also trying to hold down my lunch after looking at that putrid baby **** orange color on the whorns website.

JLEW1818
8/21/2009, 01:14 PM
:mack:

CK Sooner
8/21/2009, 01:15 PM

Yellow teef!

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 01:16 PM
I was thinking 7 for us, but a horn told me it was 6 for them and 8 for us over the last 25 years. :confused:

sooneron
8/21/2009, 01:18 PM
I was thinking 7 for us, but a horn told me it was 6 for them and 8 for us over the last 25 years. :confused:

Why on earth do you even talk to those "people"?

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 01:22 PM
Why on earth do you even talk to those "people"? I have to. We're related. :O

BillyBall
8/21/2009, 01:25 PM

Yet another reason to have asterisk titles...

OUDoc
8/21/2009, 01:35 PM
Mama, if they schedule any fewer home games than we do, they are idiots.
We know they are idiots, but humor them on that point.

JLEW1818
8/21/2009, 01:45 PM

UTgolfer
8/21/2009, 02:37 PM
Since 2000 (9 seasons) UT has played 57 home games (excluding the RRS) for an average of 6.33 home games per season.

TexasLidig8r
8/21/2009, 02:41 PM
Since 2000, we have had 6 home games except for 2006 and 2008 in which we had 7. (of course all excludes the ou game in Dallas)

UTgolfer
8/21/2009, 02:46 PM
Lid is correct...my total for 2006 was off by 1 game...total of 56 games for an average of 6.22

JLEW1818
8/21/2009, 02:51 PM
since 2000, yall have won 1 conference championship

nice

UTgolfer
8/21/2009, 02:54 PM

nice

Which correlates to the number of home games in what way?

JLEW1818
8/21/2009, 02:57 PM
horns suck

NormanPride
8/21/2009, 02:57 PM
It doesn't. Anyone know how many we've had? I don't know why I'm curious but I am. I don't feel like we're being pansies or selfish by scheduling a lot of home games because we also play pretty tough teams.

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 04:38 PM
Since 2000 (9 seasons) UT has played 57 home games (excluding the RRS) for an average of 6.33 home games per season.

Since 2000, we have had 6 home games except for 2006 and 2008 in which we had 7. (of course all excludes the ou game in Dallas)

Thank you but what about before that? His accusation was that over the last 25 years you all have played on the average of 2 less home games per season than we have. Is that true? :confused:

TXBOOMER
8/21/2009, 04:44 PM

nice

LOL!

Since 2000, they have been Big 12 South Runner-Ups 7 times. :mack:

JLEW1818
8/21/2009, 04:47 PM
hehe, I've always loved your Sig

CK Sooner
8/21/2009, 04:49 PM
Which correlates to the number of home games in what way?

Your ghey.

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 04:58 PM
It doesn't. Anyone know how many we've had? I don't know why I'm curious but I am. I don't feel like we're being pansies or selfish by scheduling a lot of home games because we also play pretty tough teams.

Actually, thats a pretty good point. It would also be very interesting to know how the ratings of their pre-season opponents match up against ours.

oudivesherpa
8/21/2009, 05:23 PM
:D :D
Thank you but what about before that? His accusation was that over the last 25 years you all have played on the average of 2 less home games per season than we have. Is that true? :confused:

To paraphrase, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. It's not the number of home games you play, it's who you play. If your non-conference schedule(UT) includes ULM, Wyoming, UTEP and UCF it's hard to take seriously any complaints you have about the computer rankings of the BCS.
He** are ULM, UTEP, and UCF four year colleges?

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 05:31 PM

To paraphrase, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. It's not the number of home games you play, it's who you play. If your non-conference schedule(UT) includes ULM, Wyoming, UTEP and UCF it's hard to take seriously any complaints you have about the computer rankings of the BCS.
He** are ULM, UTEP, and UCF four year colleges?
Actually, they call it a home field advantage for a reason. I do get your point however about the ranking of the various non conference season opponents though. It would be interesting to know the difference between theirs and ours over the last 25 years as well.

cheezyq
8/21/2009, 05:34 PM
Yellow teef!

That's only because his goal is to eventually have a grin that matches the school color.

JLEW1818
8/21/2009, 05:36 PM
That's only because his goal is to eventually have a grin that matches the school color.

lol, good one

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 05:36 PM
Boys are so gross.

BoulderSooner79
8/21/2009, 05:52 PM

To paraphrase, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Could we drop all this Michael Vick stuff already?

:D

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2009, 06:00 PM
What would be more interesting is if Texas loses to either ULM, Wyoming, of UCF.

That **** would be hilarious.

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 07:56 PM
What would be more interesting is if Texas loses to either ULM, Wyoming, of UCF.

That **** would be hilarious.

Its always hiarious when texas loses and where the H E double hockey sticks is my information you lazy bastages?! :D

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2009, 08:02 PM
Its always hiarious when texas loses and where the H E double hockey sticks is my information you lazy bastages?! :D

What info? :D

Ill do the research for you to find it. But let me get another beer first.

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2009, 09:15 PM
Okay Mama...

For the past 25 seasons, the average home games for Oklahoma and Texas are:

Oklahoma has averaged 5.68 Home Games per season since the 1985 season.
Texas has averaged 5.12 Home Game per season since the 1985 season.

But Oklahoma has traveled outside of their home state a lot more than Texas.

Take a look at this: Texas has played a total of 292 games since 1985 (including 1985), only 63 of those games were played outside of the State of Texas. And the majority of those came after the formation of the Big 12.

In fact, in 1997, all but two of their games (@ Missouri & @ Ok State) was played in the State of Texas.

In 1994, only one game (@ Pittsburgh) was played outside the State of Texas. And this was not the only season like this. There are plenty from 1985 to present day, where Texas did not really have to travel outside of the Home State to play an away game.

Not to shabby for the flagship school of the state.

MamaMia
8/21/2009, 09:45 PM
Okay Mama...

Take a look at this: Texas has played a total of 292 games since 1985 (including 1985), only 63 of those games were played outside of the State of Texas. And the majority of those came after the formation of the Big 12.

In fact, in 1997, all but two of their games (@ Missouri & @ Ok State) was played in the State of Texas.

In 1994, only one game (@ Pittsburgh) was played outside the State of Texas. And this was not the only season like this. There are plenty from 1985 to present day, where Texas did not really have to travel outside of the Home State to play an away game.

Not to shabby for the flagship school of the state.Wow! You are so smart and so sweet to look all that up for me. I use to do all that kind of research but I guess I must have gotten all burned out and now I just hate doing it. The only problem is I like knowing. Speks for life for you. :)

I can hardly wait to tell my horn cousin this information. :D

If anyone else has any information on this subject they would like to share I would appreciate all the help I can get. :p

OU_Sooners75
8/24/2009, 06:52 AM
Wow! You are so smart and so sweet to look all that up for me. I use to do all that kind of research but I guess I must have gotten all burned out and now I just hate doing it. The only problem is I like knowing. Speks for life for you. :)

I can hardly wait to tell my horn cousin this information. :D

If anyone else has any information on this subject they would like to share I would appreciate all the help I can get. :p

Thanks Mama.

Really did not take that long once I opened up a couple of sites.

What boggles me is how Texas fans brag about playing an average of 5-6 home games. While knowing full well, that their schedule is generally loaded with games inside their home state.

They are games that are not played in Austin, but there is no other school inside of Texas that has the following as the whorns do.

With that said, playing in Houston against Houston or Rice, or anyone else is not really a road game for them, considering they will still have more than the majority of fans attending.

The only thing keeping that from happening in the RRR is the fact that both schools get 50-50 in tickets.

TexasLidig8r
8/24/2009, 10:21 AM
Okay Mama...

Not to shabby for the flagship school of the state.

When you consider in state games, take into account that until the Big XII came into existence, Texas played in a conference where all of the teams (except for the inbred roothawgs), were Texas universities. This is going to naturally skew the stats.

Cam
8/29/2009, 01:15 PM
When you consider in state games, take into account that until the Big XII came into existence, Texas played in a conference where all of the teams (except for the inbred roothawgs), were Texas universities. This is going to naturally skew the stats.

So what's the reasoning since the start of the Big 12? How many times can you play Rice, Houston, & UTEP and call it nostalgia? At least you're going to Wyoming this year. Is that going to quadruple your road trip miles for the last 10 years? Dodds' philosophy on this needs to change in a big way. You can talk about the consecutive 10 win seasons all you want, but you're starting with a guaranteed 4 wins right off the bat just about every year. Hopefully that'll change in the future.

Other than a series with Ohio State, when was the last time UT played somebody out of conference that was worth a damn? I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of anybody off the top of my head. I'm not talking about a loss, I mean a team that over the course of the entire year was a good team.

TexasLidig8r
8/31/2009, 08:10 AM
So what's the reasoning since the start of the Big 12? How many times can you play Rice, Houston, & UTEP and call it nostalgia? At least you're going to Wyoming this year. Is that going to quadruple your road trip miles for the last 10 years? Dodds' philosophy on this needs to change in a big way. You can talk about the consecutive 10 win seasons all you want, but you're starting with a guaranteed 4 wins right off the bat just about every year. Hopefully that'll change in the future.

Actually, have a debacle in Houston well over 10 years ago, Texas has not played Cougar High since. As for Rice, the occasional game (read... play there 1 time and in Austin twice) is done for the Houston recruits. Next game against Rice is 2010 at Reliant Stadium.

Other than a series with Ohio State, when was the last time UT played somebody out of conference that was worth a damn? I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of anybody off the top of my head. I'm not talking about a loss, I mean a team that over the course of the entire year was a good team.

We played TCU 2 years ago. You played TCU last year and count them as a "big game OOC" game.

Arkansas was played last year.. they backed out of this year's game to play aggy at Jerry's World.

Utah was supposed to play Texas last year. They backed out.

UCLA and Ole Miss are on Texas' future schedules.

Cam
9/1/2009, 01:48 PM
We played TCU 2 years ago. You played TCU last year and count them as a "big game OOC" game.

Arkansas was played last year.. they backed out of this year's game to play aggy at Jerry's World.

Utah was supposed to play Texas last year. They backed out.

UCLA and Ole Miss are on Texas' future schedules.

Didn't you play @ Houston 3-5 years ago when they had a problem with the stands? Don't remember when that was.

I would consider TCU higher than Arkansas. Still, there's not a lot there. Seems like there's always an old SWC school thrown in for good measure.

TexasLidig8r
9/1/2009, 05:29 PM
Didn't you play @ Houston 3-5 years ago when they had a problem with the stands? Don't remember when that was.

That was 2001. They built temporary bleachers to hold the glut of Longhorn fans in the Houston area.. then.. could not get a certificate of occupancy on them.. and so.. they sat empty the entire game. Lots of ticket holders got hosed.

We played Cougar High in Austin the following year and after the boondoggle the year before, Deloss said we would never schedule them again.

StoopTroup
9/1/2009, 05:42 PM
That was 2001. They built temporary bleachers to hold the glut of Longhorn fans in the Houston area.. then.. could not get a certificate of occupancy on them.. and so.. they sat empty the entire game. Lots of ticket holders got hosed.

We played Cougar High in Austin the following year and after the boondoggle the year before, Deloss said we would never schedule them again.

Glut. I couldn't have described whorn fans any better that you just did Lid. That was awesome! :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2009, 05:51 PM
GLUT. glut. Glut.

Yep...Sounds good!

StoopTroup
9/1/2009, 06:58 PM
How many home games a year does UT average compared to OU, not counting when they are the home team in Dallas?

BTW...I believe Lid now calls whornfans GLUT...guru is OUt. :pop: :D :texan:

TexasLidig8r
9/2/2009, 08:55 AM
glut 

–noun 6.a full supply.7.an excessive supply or amount; surfeit.

sigh... hillbillies. :rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 09:04 AM
Dumbass

–noun -a LID

;)

Cam
9/2/2009, 08:36 PM

Damn, was it really that long ago? Wow...

It was quite the cluster, that I remember.