PDA

View Full Version : T. Boone’s line on UGA-OSU: Cowboys by 363 points

Johnny Utah
8/21/2009, 08:06 AM
This on the ajc.com today. If you can get to the comments at the end, some dawg fans think they'll win since the Pokes can't block, tackle, or play real football (like the do in the sec :rolleyes:).

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2009/08/21/t-boones-line-on-uga-osu-cowboys-by-363-points/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

Sirus
8/21/2009, 12:05 PM
This game is very critical for both teams. As far as the sugar daddy prediction, hey, I can't blame the man for having faith.

Dio
8/21/2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but what if the pokes played Ditka?

badger
8/21/2009, 12:46 PM
In the past, Pokes were just happy to beat OU. Then, Pokes were happy to make a bowl game. Then, Pokes wanted to make a bowl game and beat OU. Now, Pokes expect to compete for the title.

But Pokes, we are in an economic recession... a recession that will also reflect your expectations, whereas you will slowly trickle back down to just being happy with a bowl game. Then, OU will be your bowl game. Then, Pickens will fire Gundy for going 0-10-1.

Sing it with me now!

Oh, Tenandone, Oh, Tenandone,
Not quite what Pickens paid for!
Oh, Tenandone, Oh, Tenandone,
You're the Big 12's doormat on the floor!

Note: I realize that seasons are now 12 games, but my guess is that Pickens will pull the plug before the OU game in an extra effort to win... and as for the tie? No effing clue, but it's still funny.

Widescreen
8/21/2009, 12:54 PM
If the Pokes can somehow manage a tie, I will tip my hat to them. :D

goingoneight
8/21/2009, 02:18 PM
I think baj is a standup comic... :D

Mixer!
8/21/2009, 02:34 PM
I think baj is a closet pokes fan... :D

fixed.

badger
8/21/2009, 02:48 PM
fixed.

Well, my granddaddy was the first one to graduate from college in his family... and his college was none other than Oklahoma A&M :D

:stunned: The credit to that joke goes to all of you for telling it to me in the first place, as it was long before my time.

bent rider
8/21/2009, 03:53 PM
I think that piece of concrete that he stole has fallen on Ol' T-Boone's head.

I'll probably get flamed for this here, but for my money, Big-12 vs SEC I say, "Go Pokes!!". The Sooners can knock them down to size later.

stoopified
8/21/2009, 06:56 PM
If the DAWGS LOSE TO T.BOONE STATE THEY ARE IN FOR AN UGLY SEASON.

Johnny Utah
8/21/2009, 07:15 PM
I'll probably get flamed for this here, but for my money, Big-12 vs SEC I say, "Go Pokes!!". The Sooners can knock them down to size later.

yer talkin like an sec fan now :D

gaylordfan1
8/21/2009, 11:52 PM
I will root for the pokes to over take an SEC team anyday! It doesn't make me less of a man. Hell, I'm not even 40.

ouwasp
8/22/2009, 02:12 AM
My head tells me to root for osu. My heart sez: What the **** is wrong with you?!"

Imagine all the mikes stuck in T Boone's face after a victory over GA. :mad:

Now re-imagine the scene if the dogs hand the pokes a loss. :D

hgarmorer
8/22/2009, 02:35 AM
I hope the pokes win also. Mainly just to shut the chanters up. SEC...SEC...SEC!!! Seriously though I really do hope cowgirls can win

beer4me
8/22/2009, 06:43 AM
Hate to say it caz can't stand the pokers but the more wins they have when we pound them back to the stone age at the end of the year the better it does for our BCS points...jes sayn

badger
8/22/2009, 09:42 AM
I really want our conference to be strong and all, but it is d@mn funny when the Pokes lose. Need I bring up the Friday night Troy beating again? hil -effing - larious.

So, the situation's win-win. Pokes win, the Big 12 looks good. Pokes lose, OP meltdown and a crowd (but not sellout crowd, heh) of these:

:stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned: :stunned::stunned:

:D

RedstickSooner
8/22/2009, 12:42 PM
In spite of my growing dislike for the SEC, I've always felt vaguely warm and fuzzy towards Georgia. And, of course, I loathe the pokes. So, even though it hurts our team & conference, I don't think I'll be able to help rooting for Georgia in this game.

I know. I know. Not very loyal of me.

adoniijahsooner
8/22/2009, 03:12 PM
Georgia is going to Dominate OSU, the beginning of the year defenses are always ahead of the game, so i see osu getting rolled @ home.

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2009, 04:03 PM
Conference strength aside, the upside is that no matter who wins a ranked team gets a loss.

Johnny Utah
8/22/2009, 05:24 PM
I've lived in the Atlanta area for 10 yrs and have to say, imho, that georgia has to have some of the most arrogant and delusional fans in college football, especially for a team that last played for (and won) a national championship 29 yrs ago :confused: . Therefore I thoroughly enjoy observing the meltdowns among the dawg nation when they don't play up to expectations (like last season) :) .

badger
8/22/2009, 05:40 PM
I've lived in the Atlanta area for 10 yrs and have to say, imho, that georgia has to have some of the most arrogant and delusional fans in college football, especially for a team that last played for (and won) a national championship 29 yrs ago :confused: . Therefore I thoroughly enjoy observing the meltdowns among the dawg nation when they don't play up to expectations (like last season) :) .

So you're saying they're the Texas A&M of the SEC? :D

Johnny Utah
8/22/2009, 06:54 PM
So you're saying they're the Texas A&M of the SEC? :D

or Colorado :D ?