PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Froze!

GottaHavePride
8/21/2009, 12:33 AM
When are you gonna change your name to UnFrozen Sooner?

:D

proud gonzo
8/21/2009, 12:35 AM
Antifroze?

GottaHavePride
8/21/2009, 12:36 AM
And if he moves BACK to Alaska he can be ReFrozen Sooner!

olevetonahill
8/21/2009, 12:38 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
If he Flunks out He then become Mike POOR :P

SoonerStormchaser
8/21/2009, 12:46 AM
While we're at it, the wife and I will be in Anchorage on 10,12-13 of September and Fairbanks on the 11th. I need restaurant recommendations por favor.

AlbqSooner
8/21/2009, 06:36 AM
For the winter months he can now be DaylightSooner

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2009, 07:32 AM
While we're at it, the wife and I will be in Anchorage on 10,12-13 of September and Fairbanks on the 11th. I need restaurant recommendations por favor.

Fairbanks-if it's still open in September (they close seasonally) the Turtle Club out in Fox is pretty good. Otherwise Pike's Landing was excellent the last time I ate there. The Food Factory is good for very casual dining.

Anchorage-What are you in the mood for?
$$$
Southside Bistro. Focus is on seafood and "game" meats (though they can't do moose or bear by law). Not open on Mondays.
Double Musky Inn. Cajun-style. Only restaurant in AK with a Duncan Hines rating (4 stars). Long drive-it's out in Girdwood-and they don't take reservations.
Simon and Seafort's. Right downtown, but it's where ALL the tourists go. Good food.
Club Paris. Specialty is steak. It's a good steak, but I personally think they're inordinately proud of it-and the price reflects that.

$$
Kobe Teppayaki. Better teppayaki than Benihana, less expensive. Good sushi/teppayaki buffet at lunch.
Thai place near the corner of 36th and Old Seward (sorry, I don't remember the name!) Ask for "Uncle" and let him order for you. If you dare.
If you're not THAT adventurous, Thai Orchid is good as well.
Wings n' Things. People rave about their wings, personally, I find them disgusting.
The Peanut Farm. Best sports bar I've ever been to, bar none. The OU Club of Alaska meets here on game days, stop in and say hi.
The Moose's Tooth/The Bear Tooth. Owned by the same guys. Microbrewed beer. Moose's Tooth serves some of the best pizza you'll ever eat-and I've heard that from both native Chicagoans and New Yorkers. Bear Tooth serves Mexican-inspired food.
Mexico in Alaska. Rated one of the top 10 Mexican restaurants in the United States a few years back. Authentic Mexican-not Tex-Mex. Try the Mole Chicken.

$
The White Spot. Damn fine burgers for a dive.

There's also a variety of chains-Applebee's, Chili's, etc. You can get that **** anywhere though right?

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2009, 07:33 AM
When are you gonna change your name to UnFrozen Sooner?

:D

Possibly "Getting Eyestrain Sooner"

OUDoc
8/21/2009, 08:06 AM
DeliveranceSooner?

tidalmouse
8/21/2009, 08:35 AM
Zip it.....Zippy Longstockings.........Ahhhhhh Zip it........ :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/21/2009, 08:39 AM
ThawedOutSooner

proud gonzo
8/21/2009, 11:15 AM
Fairbanks-if it's still open in September (they close seasonally) the Turtle Club out in Fox is pretty good. Otherwise Pike's Landing was excellent the last time I ate there. The Food Factory is good for very casual dining.

Anchorage-What are you in the mood for?
$$$
Southside Bistro. Focus is on seafood and "game" meats (though they can't do moose or bear by law). Not open on Mondays.
Double Musky Inn. Cajun-style. Only restaurant in AK with a Duncan Hines rating (4 stars). Long drive-it's out in Girdwood-and they don't take reservations.
Simon and Seafort's. Right downtown, but it's where ALL the tourists go. Good food.
Club Paris. Specialty is steak. It's a good steak, but I personally think they're inordinately proud of it-and the price reflects that.

$$
Kobe Teppayaki. Better teppayaki than Benihana, less expensive. Good sushi/teppayaki buffet at lunch.
Thai place near the corner of 36th and Old Seward (sorry, I don't remember the name!) Ask for "Uncle" and let him order for you. If you dare.
If you're not THAT adventurous, Thai Orchid is good as well.
Wings n' Things. People rave about their wings, personally, I find them disgusting.
The Peanut Farm. Best sports bar I've ever been to, bar none. The OU Club of Alaska meets here on game days, stop in and say hi.
The Moose's Tooth/The Bear Tooth. Owned by the same guys. Microbrewed beer. Moose's Tooth serves some of the best pizza you'll ever eat-and I've heard that from both native Chicagoans and New Yorkers. Bear Tooth serves Mexican-inspired food.
Mexico in Alaska. Rated one of the top 10 Mexican restaurants in the United States a few years back. Authentic Mexican-not Tex-Mex. Try the Mole Chicken.

$
The White Spot. Damn fine burgers for a dive.

There's also a variety of chains-Applebee's, Chili's, etc. You can get that **** anywhere though right?dude, don't encourage him!

While we're at it, the wife and I will be in Anchorage on 10,12-13 of September and Fairbanks on the 11th. I need restaurant recommendations por favor.This thread is not about you :les: GET YOUR OWN THREAD!

StoopTroup
8/21/2009, 11:18 AM
"Unfrozalicious"?

NormanPride
8/21/2009, 11:22 AM
MeltedSooner? SteamySooner? OnTheRocksSooner/SoonerOnTheRocks?

TheUnnamedSooner
8/21/2009, 12:28 PM
ClevelandSteamerSooner

JohnnyMack
8/21/2009, 12:30 PM
SoonerGump

Mjcpr
8/21/2009, 12:31 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/01/ERW%20UNFROZEN%20CAVEMAN%20LAWYER.jpg

GottaHavePride
8/21/2009, 12:40 PM
YES!

NormanPride
8/21/2009, 12:45 PM
Easily post of the day. :D

BigRedJed
8/21/2009, 12:50 PM
Froze, if you don't make that your avatar...

Chuck Bao
8/21/2009, 12:51 PM
Alaskan spitz alabama swallows Sooner?

soonerboomer93
8/21/2009, 02:33 PM
melting sooner?

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/01/ERW%20UNFROZEN%20CAVEMAN%20LAWYER.jpg

Someone shrink this for avatar usage, please. Tout-suite.

GottaHavePride
8/21/2009, 04:38 PM
Crap, I won't have Johnny 5 re-assembled until Sunday.

Salt City Sooner
8/21/2009, 06:39 PM
I'll vouch for the Moose Tooth. Rumrunners & Gwennie's (esp. their breakfasts) are also 2 of me & the Mrs. favorites.

bluedogok
8/21/2009, 07:57 PM
Someone shrink this for avatar usage, please. Tout-suite.

Here it is at 80x80, if you need a different size let me know.
http://bluedogok.com/AVATAR_UNFROZEN_CAVEMAN_LAWYER.jpg

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:17 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the evolution of the thawed-caveman-lawyer padiwan.

See, here's the thing. He's never resided in a place like Alabama. It's actually a Third World country that happens to be a state. With all the attendant social ills and none of the exotic allure. It's a royal flush of demagoguery, corruption, political intrigue, abject poverty and where the executive director of the teachers union (AEA) is more powerful than the governor - as evidenced by the fact his office is right across the street from the state capitol and is much bigger and better staffed than the governor's. Unfortunately, said union is all about feathering the nest of its members than doing diddly-squat about the pathetic state of public education in that state. Moreover, the racial discord from Mobile in the south, to Ardmore in the north, is absolutely palpable and is holding everybody back. The whites won't support anything the blacks want, and vice versa.

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Alabamians. Many are fine people. But they got some real pistols and hard cases running that place.

Yes sir, it'll be real interesting to see if my future colleague remains convinced government holds the golden ticket to solve social ills...after three years in the Yellowhammer State.;)

bluedogok
8/21/2009, 08:23 PM
Exotic allure? That's what Gulf Shores is for :D

Okla-homey
8/21/2009, 08:42 PM
Exotic allure? That's what Gulf Shores is for :D

ahhh. The beauty of the Redneck Riviera!

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2009, 11:37 PM
I'll vouch for the Moose Tooth. Rumrunners & Gwennie's (esp. their breakfasts) are also 2 of me & the Mrs. favorites.

My first-ever job was as a 14-year-old busboy at Gwennie's. The food quality has gone downhill in recent years.

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2009, 11:38 PM
Gracias bdok.