PDA

View Full Version : Packer Fans

mdklatt
8/20/2009, 12:15 PM
So what the hell are we supposed to think about Brett Favre now??

badger
8/20/2009, 12:29 PM
So what the hell are we supposed to think about Brett Favre now??

If you're still fairly young and don't have a lot of Packer memories that don't include Brett Favre, I suggest taking the same approach I am...

1- Be bummed, but not angry at either Favre or the Packers.

2- Remain a Packer fan and don't, under any circumstances, start cheering for any team that wear purple teletubbie colors.

3- Find a new Packer jersey to wear until the retirement remains permanent.

4- Prepare yourself for endless Favre/Packer references that will not end until his career is finally over.

Scott D
8/20/2009, 12:32 PM
you'll likely die before 3 or 4 become a reality.

mdklatt
8/20/2009, 12:33 PM
don't, under any circumstances, start cheering for any team that wear purple teletubbie colors

But AD and now Brett Favre!

I haven't lived in WI since I was 2, so I didn't really grow up with any Viking hatred. I want them to lose every time they play the Packers, but other than that I don't really care. The Bears are so much easier to hate.

I'm also half Minnesotan from my mom's side of the family so maybe that has something to do with it. :O

badger
8/20/2009, 12:36 PM
you'll likely die before 3 or 4 become a reality.

What, because we can't find a new jersey? Hell, most Packer fans probably have 20 by now!

However, I only have two and they're both No. 4's. Jerseys were just too 'spesive growing up and nobody would ever drop one in a Goodwill donation box up there.

So anyway, any suggestion to which jersey to get now until Favre's permanent retirement would be much appreciated.

As for preparing for Favre/Packer references, that won't take much effort at all... how much effort does it take to drink, especially for Packer fans? :D

Scott D
8/20/2009, 12:38 PM
I said it before and I said it again. The only time he'll be retired permanently is when he's in a pine box for the rest of his physical existence.

mdklatt
8/20/2009, 12:40 PM
I just thought of something...what if he goes into the HoF as a Viking? Or a Bronco, or a Dolphin, or a Bill, or wherever the hell he ends up. :eek:

I'm really dying to ask my dad what he thinks about all this, but I know better than to bring it up.

JLEW1818
8/20/2009, 12:41 PM
keep your favre jersey in your closet, don't get it out till 5 years

badger
8/20/2009, 12:48 PM
:pop: I'm still waiting for suggestions on what jersey to wear until her retires! :pop:

I've always liked Donald Driver - he was a seventh rounder that worked hard to make the roster and has been a solid receiver for us ever since.

Greg Jennings seems like a nice guy too... like a new version of Robert Brooks, the one who popularized the Lambeau Leap.

NormanPride
8/20/2009, 12:55 PM
Well, if you can get a Keith Jackson one...

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 12:58 PM
Favre is the NFL's equivalent of Roger Clemens....a hired gun who could care less about team he plays for, just wants to be the center of attention

JLEW1818
8/20/2009, 12:59 PM
at least he never "cheated" tho

As a Houston guy, I liked Roger the 3 years he was an astro. now he's dead to me

Brett will be hall of fame

Roger wont

but agree, they need to quit being on my damn tv so much!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2009, 01:07 PM
Badj, just cheat like I did. Get you a custom jersey.

Or go old school. I recommend North Carolina's man of God, Willie Henderson. But it's not like you can do wrong going OLD old school. A 66 in green and gold is awful pretty.

Or hell, just wear your #4 proudly. Three MVPs, bringing Lombardi home, piles of division championships and records, with all that, I'll still wear mine. Besides, "F*#K YOU TED THOMPSON" doesn't fit on the nameplate.

Scott D
8/20/2009, 01:16 PM
a true green Packer fan would wear a Herb Adderley jersey.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 01:21 PM
I believe in majic

http://data5.blog.de/media/399/2779399_9f808ebccc_m.jpeg

1890MilesToNorman
8/20/2009, 01:22 PM
Nuttin but cheese, nuttin but cheese.

Big smell coming from Green Bay.

Scott D
8/20/2009, 01:29 PM
pssht majik...

adderley was a pimp, playa.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 01:30 PM
let me ax you dis.....did he roll out with the majik mullet?...thats big pimpin son...spendin cheez

Scott D
8/20/2009, 01:32 PM
brah didn't need no mullet the fro was in effect, and opposing receivers had to watch their neck.

Pricetag
8/20/2009, 01:59 PM
The Majik Man was deadly in Tecmo Super Bowl. He threw perfect rainbow passes that Sterling Sharpe would jump and snag. He also ran faster than most QBs.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 02:27 PM
Majik made sterling sharpe

C&CDean
8/20/2009, 02:45 PM
Heh.

All you non-Packer fans can kindly STFU up now.

This is one of those enigmas all wrapped up in a whateverthe****youcallit. When he played for the Jets I could cheer for Favre, and not give a **** about the Jets. However, Favre in putrid purple (it's bad enough watching the best running back in the league wearing that awful color) would be like seeing Sam Bradford transfer to UT. It ain't right. It ain't human.

I guess I'll approach this year like I did when Switzer coached the Kaboys of Dallas. I pulled for the coach, but wanted the team to lose every game. I pull for AD to get 200 yards a game, but for the Viqueens to lose by 50 every game. It's an enigma all wrapped up in a steaming pile of ****.

OULenexaman
8/20/2009, 02:47 PM
wish I knew how to post pics.....a funny e-mail is flying around....one of those movie poster types....Walt Disney pictures presents..... Brett Favre ...confessions of an NFL QB Drama Queeen....the photo shop work is great...

C&CDean
8/20/2009, 02:49 PM
And if you're a true Packer backer all you need is your cheesehead and a Bart Starr #15 jersey. Or a Max McGee, or a Herb Adderly, or a Jerry Kramer, or a Elijah Pitts, or a Hornung, or a Nitzchke. I'd say a Reggie White, but everybody knows he was really an Eagle.

Sooner04
8/20/2009, 03:02 PM
Go Vikings! Screw Favre. What a *********. A ********* full of drama queen.

You should've mentioned Boyd Dowler, Dean. His brother was my preacher when I was growing up.

C&CDean
8/20/2009, 03:07 PM
Go Viqueens? Why I oughta.....no worries though. Ain't my Cards warming up their playoff chops against your pathetic Priests starting tonight?

Sooner04
8/20/2009, 03:21 PM
Go Viqueens? Why I oughta.....no worries though. Ain't my Cards warming up their playoff chops against your pathetic Priests starting tonight?
I respect the "true" Packer fans. The ones whose fandom doesn't begin and end with all things Favre. The new Packer fans are very similar to this Boston Red Sox phenomenon. Where did they all come from? I bet 90% of these Red Sox "fans" at road games have no clue who Yaz is. I bet it's the same way with Jerry Kramer or Bart Starr. HERB ADDERLEY!

And yes, you're coming to San Diego tonight. Prepare to be dazzled.

C&CDean
8/20/2009, 03:30 PM
And I could have also included:

Carroll Dale, Donny Anderson, Zeke Bratkowski, Willie Wood, Fuzzy Thurston, Jim Grabowski, Marv Fleming, Lee Roy Caffey, and Forrest Gregg too.

Lott's Bandana
8/20/2009, 03:31 PM
Bart Freakin Starr

I'm not a Packer fan but I am an NFL fan...BS = NFL

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 03:56 PM
And I could have also included:

Carroll Dale, Donny Anderson, Zeke Bratkowski, Willie Wood, Fuzzy Thurston, Jim Grabowski, Marv Fleming, Lee Roy Caffey, and Forrest Gregg too.

No Don Majkowski?.....he's the true legend...if he doesnt get hurt, Brett Favre rides the pine

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 03:57 PM
he also helped the Randy Wright era to come to an end

Scott D
8/20/2009, 03:59 PM
as long as it's noted that I'm the first person to mention Herb Adderley it's all good.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 04:00 PM
I noted it playa

Scott D
8/20/2009, 04:09 PM
I'd also mention the only Lion to have a career longer than 5 years and remain effective is Dick Lane, the ultimate badass. :D

Yes, even over Barry Sanders who can never escape that he wore Orange.

badger
8/20/2009, 04:31 PM
I'm probably too young to wear a Starr jersey... same goes for Route 66 and Don Hutson, some other legends in their own right.

Even young fans know and appreciate those guys - we have a big ol' Hall of Fame next to the stadium to remind us :D

I remember Majik, Chris Jacke, Sterling and Terrell Buckley being our best players. I never called him Majik though --- I couldn't even pronounce his name :P

So, current player nominees --- why oh why can't the Packers draft Sooners?!

Scott D
8/20/2009, 04:39 PM
because Packerland cannot handle the awesomeness that was DeMond Parker, Torrance Marshall, or Paul Thompson.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 04:44 PM
Dorsey F'n Levens beeotch

Scott D
8/20/2009, 04:47 PM
Also a true Packer fan of Badger's age would be sporting a #80 James Lofton jersey. Although, George Cumby was on those Packer teams of the early 80s as well.

badger
8/20/2009, 04:49 PM
Dorsey F'n Levens beeotch

He and Edgar Bennett were quite the backfield around the time of SB 31.

But then... Edgar went to the Bears to clear the way for Dorsey... Dorsey had a contract year and then stopped playing well after he got his big contract... uggggh. Big contracts have ruined some of the Packers best players during my era... the other one that immediately comes to mind is Antonio Freeman. He's the dude that made the insane catch against the Vikings... scuze me, since Dean's reading, let's call em Viqueens, heh :D

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2009, 07:05 PM
Ahem.

Willie Henderson.

Take your pick, #30, or #33 after they brought that flop cornshucker Ahman Green in.

A good man. A pain train of a fullback, arguably one of the best if not THE best in his time. And a Packer, through and through.

[/mancrush]

badger
8/20/2009, 07:20 PM
Ahman Green was not a flop. I was a fan of him, despite his Huskerdom.

Willie wanted the No. 33 after Bennett left... I thought he was better as No. 30, heh.

Ahman didn't demand No. 30... he was lucky some team even wanted to give his fumbley hands a chance.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm down to two choices... Route 66 or Bart Starr. Despite what I said earlier about being too young for those jerseys, I narrowed it down to those two because I found cheap women's versions online.

EDIT2: I also saw a bunch of Javon Walker and Mark Chumura jerseys online for cheap and just rolled my eyes. You looking for a poser Packer fan? Just look for that, heh. There was also one for Mike McKenzie... tee hee. Loser.

AlbqSooner
8/20/2009, 08:14 PM
I'd also mention the only Lion to have a career longer than 5 years and remain effective is Dick Lane, the ultimate badass. :D

Yes, even over Barry Sanders who can never escape that he wore Orange.

Nightrain!

AlbqSooner
8/20/2009, 08:18 PM
Remain a Packer fan and don't, under any circumstances, start cheering for any team that wear purple teletubbie colors.

Would that be similar to the color in your avi?;)

AlbqSooner
8/20/2009, 08:23 PM
I grew up on the Packers of Starr, Nitshchke, Thurston, McGee, et al. I really liked Jimmy Taylor. Some NFL player was asked to compare tackling Jim Brown and tackling Taylor.
He said that both were VERY hard hitters.
He said the difference was, after the pile was disassembled when you tackled Borwn, you got up, shook the cobwebs out of your head and got ready for the next play.
After the pile was disassembled when you tackled Taylor you looked at 3 or 4 bite marks on your arms or legs, claw marks, and lots of spit. One tough sumbitch.

badger
8/20/2009, 09:32 PM
Would that be similar to the color in your avi?;)

I'm only doing that for Taylor Griffin. As soon as he makes the roster (or football season starts) that's coming down.

I'm not a Suns fan.

sooneron
8/20/2009, 09:39 PM
I am not a packers fan, but I would prolly take Sterling's jersey.

Scott D
8/20/2009, 09:42 PM
sooneron you are dead to me.

sooneron
8/20/2009, 09:42 PM
sooneron you are dead to me.

heh and why?

Scott D
8/20/2009, 09:43 PM
James Lofton >>>> Sterling Sharpe.

That is all.

sooneron
8/20/2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, then by 04 being triple dead to me, that means he's quadruple dead to you by association with me, so it's all good. :D

Scott D
8/20/2009, 09:49 PM
negative, 04 is perfectly fine for recognizing publicly the greatness that was Herb Adderley :)

jkjsooner
8/21/2009, 08:35 AM
I know Favre wasn't drafted by the Packers but pro fans need to realize that outside of free agency, their teams pick the players and not vice versa. That's why I like college. The players get to pick where they go and thus should have a little more affinity toward their team.

badger
8/21/2009, 08:44 AM
Who's not realizing that? I'm just disappointed in the whole ordeal and while I am resigned to the fact that I must absolutely watch the Viking game tonight, I will likely drink a lot. Funny, NP isn't complaining.

I still need a second opinion on the Starr vs. Nitz thing.

TexasLidig8r
8/21/2009, 09:22 AM
Brett Favre is a white Terrell Owens.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/21/2009, 09:23 AM
:pop:

Pricetag
8/21/2009, 09:24 AM
What number was Tony Mandarich?

badger
8/21/2009, 09:29 AM

:mad: He does not deserve a number.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/21/2009, 09:35 AM

number 2 ahead of 3 barry sanders, 4 derrick thomas and 5 deion sanders

Jello Biafra
8/21/2009, 09:36 AM
The Bears are so much easier to hate.

you suck it.

badger
8/21/2009, 09:50 AM
you suck it.

suck it while da bears sucketh.

:P perfect!

StoopTroup
8/21/2009, 11:11 AM
Dear Farve Fans and Packer Backers...this isn't the first guy to leave a fan base and move to another team.

Suck it up Bitches. :D

http://renaeb23.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/montana.jpg

badger
8/21/2009, 11:39 AM
Dear Farve Fans and Packer Backers...this isn't the first guy to leave a fan base and move to another team.[/IMG]

You non-Packers assume too much about us Packer fans... like we feel like we're the only ones to go through this, like we don't realize that team management forced Favre to find a new team, like we all hate Favre now or something.

All wrong... and if you keep that crap up, I'm gong to lump you with Jenni Carlson. (http://newsok.com/carlson-some-athletes-like-brett-favre-earn-fans-scorn/article/3385823)

That's right - YOU ARE JENNI CARLSON if you assume a majority of Packer fans are angry at Favre, think we're in a situation no other fans have endured, etc.

STOP.

BEING.

JENNI CARLSON!

Scott D
8/21/2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but Joe Montana's situation was vastly different than Favre's...his backup was actually good. :D :D :D

Scott D
8/21/2009, 11:40 AM
oh and baj, always go with the defensive player...plus Ray Nitzchke was a total badass.

badger
8/21/2009, 11:45 AM
I was leaning toward Nitch too... you have to be a little more hardcore of a Packer fan to remember No. 66 as opposed to Bart.

Plus... being in Tulsa and all... that whole Route 66 tie is pretty cool :D

:mad: none of you jenni carlsons better try to outbid me for it! :mad:

Scott D
8/21/2009, 11:48 AM
pssht...only Pack jerseys I'd get would be Herb Adderley or George Cumby.

C&CDean
8/21/2009, 09:15 PM
Brett Favre is a white Terrell Owens.

What? You are a white, no good cocksucking, mother****ing, child molesting, taking it in the pooper by 27 men with giant peni no account burnt orange loving sumbitch.

TO couldn't carry Favre's electric razor. Never, EVER compare BF to TO again. That's like comparing Switzer to Royal. One is a King. The other is a cocksucking traitor.

Carry on.

JohnnyMack
8/21/2009, 09:58 PM
:pop:

Lott's Bandana
8/23/2009, 11:26 AM
Lid is a white Johnny Cochran.

Fixed.

(JC was familiar with that term)

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:07 PM
What? You are a white, no good cocksucking, mother****ing, child molesting, taking it in the pooper by 27 men with giant peni no account burnt orange loving sumbitch.

TO couldn't carry Favre's electric razor. Never, EVER compare BF to TO again. That's like comparing Switzer to Royal. One is a King. The other is a cocksucking traitor.

Carry on.

I nominate this for POST OF THE YEAR. :D

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:11 PM
You non-Packers assume too much about us Packer fans... like we feel like we're the only ones to go through this, like we don't realize that team management forced Favre to find a new team, like we all hate Favre now or something.

All wrong... and if you keep that crap up, I'm gong to lump you with Jenni Carlson. (http://newsok.com/carlson-some-athletes-like-brett-favre-earn-fans-scorn/article/3385823)

That's right - YOU ARE JENNI CARLSON if you assume a majority of Packer fans are angry at Favre, think we're in a situation no other fans have endured, etc.

STOP.

BEING.

JENNI CARLSON!

I didn't say anyone hated Farve...I said the situation isn't a first in NFL History. It's not even news worthy really. He's just a future Hall of Famer that if he doesn't get right in the HOF once he's retired after five years....well...we will all have to here more outrage from cheeseheads and the likes.

I will probably laugh if it Farve doesn't get in on the first try.

:D

badger
8/23/2009, 01:20 PM
I said the situation isn't a first in NFL History.

:D
Yeah, and I just lumped you in with everyone else who has been giving us poor Packer Backers a hard time this past week... like Jenni Carlson, for example.

So anyways, Jenni, if you have any other Montana-like retort, I'll let Dean handle it. I recommend not mentioning TO like that other guy did.

:P

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:22 PM
Montana > Farve

How's that? :D

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:24 PM
Dan Marino did it right which in my mind makes him better than Farve or Montana. Dan knew when to say when.

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:25 PM
Troy Aikman was better than all of them combined. 3 Super Bowl wins and retired as a Cowboy.

A True American Sports Hero. :D

Lott's Bandana
8/23/2009, 01:25 PM
Montana > Farve

How's that? :D

^^^This^^^

Montana > all NFL QB's

StoopTroup
8/23/2009, 01:26 PM
^^^This^^^

Montana > all NFL QB's

Some how I knew you'd be on-board with that....lol

Lott's Bandana
8/23/2009, 01:29 PM
Being a Niners fan in the '80s remotely approached being a Sooners fan in the '70s.

Somehow Joe always found a way to win.

Sooner04
8/23/2009, 02:57 PM
Somehow Joe always found a way to win.
Except when the Giants came calling.

Lott's Bandana
8/23/2009, 04:30 PM
Except when the Giants came calling.

4-0 in the Super Bowl.

3-3 in NFC Championship game, with 1 loss to the Giants.

I'm not seeing a trend there...:)

Sooner04
8/23/2009, 06:20 PM
4-0 in the Super Bowl.

3-3 in NFC Championship game, with 1 loss to the Giants.

I'm not seeing a trend there...:)
I was referring to the brutal injuries Montana suffered in two separate playoff games against the Giants. Here's one:

OAY_fUOF2HA

Sooner04
8/23/2009, 06:21 PM
And here's the other:

IZDSS9rw3x0

Lott's Bandana
8/23/2009, 10:02 PM
Dayum 04...that is like remembering my vasectomy. Makes me hurt there.

badger
8/24/2009, 09:27 AM
GB absolutely pwn3d san fran in the mid 90s playoffs for a few years. It was like divine intervention sayin "You are heavily favored and playing at home... so you're gonna lose to Green Bay" or "The rain has muddied this Lambeau Field beyond recognition... so Green Bay will win again."

Unfortunately, while we had a lot of luck against SF, we never beat Dallas when it mattered... well, cept for the Ice Bowl.

Sooner04
8/24/2009, 09:47 AM
OWENS! OWENS! OWENS! OWENS! OWENS!

IzThn8pkpC0

Lott's Bandana
8/24/2009, 12:21 PM
GB absolutely pwn3d san fran in the mid 90s playoffs for a few years. It was like divine intervention sayin "You are heavily favored and playing at home... so you're gonna lose to Green Bay" or "The rain has muddied this Lambeau Field beyond recognition... so Green Bay will win again."

Unfortunately, while we had a lot of luck against SF, we never beat Dallas when it mattered... well, cept for the Ice Bowl.

Joe was long retired by then. I hijacked the thread with Mr. Montana...

Badj, I would go with Bart Starr because others will look at you and see the subtle snub of the "other" HOF GB QB...and also recognize your long-standing Packers fanhood. This wouldn't be the case with 66 on your front/back.

badger
8/24/2009, 04:15 PM
Badj, I would go with Bart Starr because others will look at you and see the subtle snub of the "other" HOF GB QB...and also recognize your long-standing Packers fanhood. This wouldn't be the case with 66 on your front/back.

Too late, already ordered the No. 66, but maybe I can put it on my Christmas wish list... you know, economy and all, I probably should spend too much on Packers garb just yet :D

:mad: and yes, you did jack the Packers thread with your Montana mention. Boo.

Scott D
8/24/2009, 04:27 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/sargmon/cumby2.jpg

heh, two Sooners in one picture.

Lott's Bandana
8/24/2009, 06:05 PM
Too late, already ordered the No. 66, but maybe I can put it on my Christmas wish list... you know, economy and all, I probably should spend too much on Packers garb just yet :D

:mad: and yes, you did jack the Packers thread with your Montana mention. Boo.

Actually, ST did the jackin.

I try to be careful not to step on the Thread Sheriff, but once it's done...

:P