PDA

View Full Version : In case you are not keeping track...

OU_Sooners75
8/20/2009, 09:30 AM
The NCAA is doing a decent job against a lot of schools...

1. Claiming Mike Balogun is ineligible after saying he had 2 years.
2. OSU freshman has transcript altered, deemed ineligible.
3. Bryce Brown eligibility in question.
4. Memphis to vacate all wins in the 2007-2008 basketball season, due to Rose's ACT Test being taken by someone else.

These are just those of this season.

There are more than 5 times this amount since 2004.

What does 2004 have to do with this post?

Yep, you are correct, that was the season in which Reggie Bush was a professional college athlete.

Yet, the NCAA takes a few months tto punish the above list, and it has been 4+ years since the news broke on Reggie Bush and the NCAA has yet to do anything.

badger
8/20/2009, 09:40 AM
The football gods sent Slick Sweatvest Rick to LA to wreck havoc on USC's reign over NCAA and its rules.

Basically, UCLA will have obtained incriminating dirt on USC by now that they can hold over SC's heads in the form of recruiting. That way, when Neuweasel inevitably slips back into his lack of rule following in order to win more, SC can't turn UCLA in, because UCLA will turn them in.

When our overlords don't control football, the gods take over.

SoonerLB
8/20/2009, 09:42 AM
I was thinking about that yesterday while reading the post on Balogun, but thought it possible I had missed something concerning the Reggie Bush investigation (or lack thereof). Thanks for the fuel OU Sooners75, maybe it will help lead to a fire under the NCAA's arse!

OUDoc
8/20/2009, 09:56 AM
Maybe Florida State can turn in the NCAA while they are on the Narc-Line.

Collier11
8/20/2009, 10:17 AM
Old Man Bowden is just bitter cus a campus wide athletetic and academic fraud was found and they are takin his wins

Seriously though, taking away wins is the lamest and most unfair punishment around. If they really want to punish people take them off of tv for a game or two or three, limit schollys, taking away wins from 100 because of a few in just not fair IMHO

gaylordfan1
8/20/2009, 10:26 AM
I'm am glad Stoops dedicates his time to the team and their progression and not doing research on other teams to find their faults (or so called faults!).

SoonerInFortSmith
8/20/2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe the NCAA is going all hardcore on everyone else to keep people from talking about the lack of punishment for USC.

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2009, 07:30 PM
I am currently doing more research on this and I will be writing an article about everything that I find.

I am looking for sanctions, eligibility and other issues that the NCAA has passed judgment on all the while doing nothing or even coming to a decision on the USC bullsh!t.

It may take awhile, because there are things from D-1 all the way to D-3.

stoopified
8/22/2009, 03:53 PM
In fairness to the NCAA,I think they are going in alphabetical order and they just ain't got to the U's yet. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2009, 03:58 PM
I think they are on the take. SUC pays everyone else after all.

goingoneight
8/22/2009, 06:55 PM
Colorado and Kansas have been slapped with probations in recent years, too.