PDA

View Full Version : Stoops impressed with O-line in scrimmages

adoniijahsooner
8/19/2009, 05:21 AM
this is the selling factor for me, that this team will be stoops most talented team from top to bottom. They are nasty, experienced, tough, and motivated, all qualities that will eventually lead to the bludgeoning and destroying of every opponent in 2009.

http://www.normantranscript.com/ousports/local_story_231005518.html

Sooner line looks good
OU Football Notepad

By John Shinn
The Norman Transcript

The Sooners conducted a 50-play scrimmage at the end of Tuesday night’s practice and OU coach Bob Stoops said it followed the trajectory of the scrimmages that have been held in the preseason. “It gets a little bit cleaner each time and guys are doing well,” he said.

OU also held a scrimmage Saturday and Stoops said the No. 1 thing that stood out to him was the offensive line. The group will enter the season with at least three new starters, but has held its own against what’s expected to be a very talented defensive line.

Different paper

"I thought overall it was really competitive,” Stoops said. "I was proud of the offensive line, how they fought. They fought with a good defensive line all day, and there was good give-and-take both ways.”

swardboy
8/19/2009, 08:02 AM
Whoa! If Stoopsie's happy, I'm ecstatic....

adoniijahsooner
8/19/2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah, stoops doesnt compliment anyone unless they have earned it. The USC team had an inexperienced line, but those guys had to go against Frostee Rucker, Sedrick Ellis, and Shaun Cody in practice and that prepared them. I dont know who they beat that year for the NC.

BillyBall
8/19/2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah, stoops doesnt compliment anyone unless they have earned it. The USC team had an inexperienced line, but those guys had to go against Frostee Rucker, Sedrick Ellis, and Shaun Cody in practice and that prepared them. I dont know who they beat that year for the NC.

The game never happened, it was cancelled...

OUAlumni1990
8/19/2009, 11:02 AM
Who is USC?

BoulderSooner79
8/19/2009, 11:11 AM
This OU squad does remind me of the '04 USC squad. Great returning skill players and defense, but an inexperienced O-line. They had some struggles early, but the O-line was experienced (and very good) by season's end. As much as I loathe Petey and co., it wouldn't hurt my feelings mimic that squad.

GottaHavePride
8/19/2009, 11:25 AM
Not if it means we get to demoralize and then demolish an opponent in the NC game...