PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on the Dan Patrick show

primetime43
8/18/2009, 03:51 PM
Good interview.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/74461/index.html
Stoops: QB Bradford has a lot to gain staying in college
10:30 AM08.18 Posted By: Andrew Perloff SHARE COMMENTS (2)

Bob Stoops' Sooners lost to the Gators in the BCS title game last season.
AP

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops joined the show to discuss Sooners football and more ...

-- Stoops said Sam Bradford scoffed at the idea that he couldn't get any better by coming back for one more season at Oklahoma. Bradford knew he could get bigger, stronger and smarter.

Stoops said it is part of his job to prepare Bradford for the NFL, but that fits his system well since Oklahoma has an offense that's like the NFL. The Sooners don't run the quarterback and they expect him to do a lot in the pocket.

Stoops did say there were cases he thought going to the NFL made sense ... like safety Roy Williams, who would have been a fifth-year senior if he stayed.

-- Dan asked him now that he's had time, how does he feel about the loss to Florida in the BCS National Title game and whether the Gators won or the Sooners lost it.

"I feel like Florida won it," Stoops said. He pointed to a number of tough plays the Gators made down the stretch. Stoops also said that Tim Tebow's scrambling caused them problems.

- Stoops has been a BCS critic in the past and commented on the system. "I don't know if it's going to get any better," Stoops said. But Stoops said that the current system makes the regular season very important, which helps TV ratings.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 03:56 PM
good read

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks for posting that. Always nice to hear Bob's straight talk.

IslandSooner
8/18/2009, 05:14 PM
Great article. It brings to mind a question that I have had, with nobody to ask. Maybe it should be a seperate thread but I will ask anyway. What did Stoops think about Curtis and Reggie leaving early?

rainiersooner
8/18/2009, 07:29 PM
He's been pretty consistent that you shouldn't leave early unless you're projected as a first round draft pick.

Great article.

I liked his answer that Florida won; we didn't lose. Class answer.