PDA

View Full Version : Red River Rivalry rooted in revenge

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 02:35 PM
The first rule to remember about revenge is that it is the mother's milk of college football rivalries. In a sport in which rivals play only once a season, it takes a year to get even -- a very long year.

The second rule to remember is that the bigger the rivalry, the greater the revenge. Ask Alabama fans how it felt to end Auburn's six-year winning streak last year. Ask Notre Dame fans how it felt to beat USC (you should live so long).

The third rule is that revenge, by definition, nurtures only one team. Winners don't live off revenge. They're too busy feeding on the losers.

That is, except for this season. In one of the game's great rivalries, revenge is the pregame meal for both teams. And more than likely, as is the case with everything on the Midway at the State Fair of Texas, deep-fried.

The prevailing memory regarding Texas and Oklahoma from the 2008 season is that the Sooners played for the BCS championship at the Longhorns' expense. When the final BCS standings came out in December, Oklahoma got the chance to play for No. 1. Texas watched the Sooners from home. Therefore, the Sooners got the best of their biggest rival.

The truth is a little more complicated. In Oklahoma, the Sooners and their fans look back farther than December. They go all the way back to October, when Oklahoma took a big lead early (14-3 in the second quarter), a smaller lead late (35-30 in the fourth) and lost 45-35. That memory resonates with the same power as the third consecutive Big 12 South championship and all the bitterness of the BCS National Championship Game loss to Florida.

To the three R's most important in Texas and Oklahoma -- Red River Rivalry -- add a fourth. Both teams are looking for revenge.

"That happens with that game," Texas coach Mack Brown said. "Everybody needs to be mad before they get there."

The Sooners have lost to the Longhorns three of the past four years and are beginning to get questions about it. The Longhorns have lost three straight Big 12 South races to the Sooners. As the BCS National Championship Game returns to the Rose Bowl, it's a reminder that Texas hasn't played for the Big 12 Championship, much less the crystal football, since Vince Young stepped inside that front right pylon with 19 seconds to play against USC in Pasadena nearly four years ago.

In one of the last neutral-site, split-stadium rivalries in the game, there is always something to play for. When Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford describes how cool it is for the players when the team bus comes through the gates of the State Fair -- "Texas fans banging on your bus, giving you the finger, yelling at you. You got OU fans yelling Boomer Sooner. There's nothing like it." -- you get a sense of the emotion.

But this season, with both sides spoiling to right a wrong, there is something more, no?

No, say the coaches. Brown and Bob Stoops of the Sooners have faced each other 10 times. Stoops has won six.

"How do you get more motivated?" Stoops asked about this season. "Everyone understands what's at stake. I would imagine both sides feel they got something to prove. In the end, we haven't forgotten."

Brown has a perspective shared by few. He served as Oklahoma offensive coordinator for Barry Switzer in 1984. The Sooners came in as No. 3 and they weren't the highest-ranked team in the game. Texas came in at No. 1. On the silver anniversary of that game, the buildup remains immense. A certain Oklahoma All-America linebacker had something to do with that.

"Brian Bosworth said, 'I don't like Austin. I don't like burnt orange. I don't like Fred Akers and I hate the state of Texas,'" Brown recalled. "Coach Akers said, 'Well, the state of Texas is pretty good. Burnt orange is a nice color. Austin is a great town. There's a lot of people who don't like me.'

"And it rained so hard that day that you couldn't see. You couldn't stand up. It was a 15-15 tie. And not one person left that stadium."

Brown and Stoops gave mouth-to-mouth to the stature of programs that dropped off the national map in the 1990s. The Red River Rivalry lost luster. Quarterback Peter Gardere may be a hero to Orangebloods everywhere for leading the Longhorns to four consecutive victories over the Sooners. But only once in those four years did both teams finish in the Top 25.

Now it is different. The game is again a fixture on television. They will kick off shortly after 11 a.m., Dallas time, on Oct. 17, the latest calendar date since 1931, the rivalry's second season in Dallas.

"Every year, whether we're ranked dead last, which that will never happen, that game will be a big game for both of us," Texas quarterback Colt McCoy said.

Brown made one more attempt at bringing rationality to the Texas-Oklahoma rivalry.

"We don't blame OU for us not getting to the conference championship," Brown said of last season. "That was a Big 12 rule. It had nothing to do with the BCS. It had nothing to do with Oklahoma. It wasn't their fault. And they had a great team. We weren't even saying they didn't deserve it. We said we didn't like the way the rule worked. It didn't work out for us. We could have been as mad at Missouri as we were OU."

Brown has the facts on his side. The Longhorns fans and their righteous indignation have emotion and history on their side.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview09/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=4405999

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 02:37 PM
A few predictions for Big 12

August 18, 2009 9:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

In connection with my conference previews today, here are a few predictions I've got for the upcoming season.

1. Offensive player of the year: Colt McCoy, Texas -- He likely won't pile up the massive numbers of last season, particularly rushing. But it won't matter as he'll direct his team to the championship game this time around and continue his phenomenal accuracy.

2. Defensive player of the year: Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska -- Look for him to lead the Cornhuskers in tackles again this season -- an amazing statistical feat for a defensive tackle. And he'll even dabble around the goal line as the conference's biggest blocking back.

3. Newcomer of the year: Phil Taylor, Baylor -- If he's as good as advertised, he could transform the Bears' weak interior defense into a strength that could catapult them into a bowl game.

4. Comeback player of the year: Ryan Reynolds, Oklahoma -- He's back healthy and ready to lead the Oklahoma defense after missing the second half of last season with a knee injury.

5. Freshman of the year: Christine Michael, Texas A&M -- The Aggies' weak running game should get an immediate infusion from this talented and imposing breakaway threat.

6. Most exciting player: Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State -- Whether contributing as a receiver or a punt returner, he'll be a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

7. Coach of the year: Art Briles, Baylor -- If he can end the conference's longest bowl drought, who better to earn this honor?

8. Game of the year: Texas vs. Oklahoma in Dallas, Oct. 17 -- Is there really any other? The South Division's balance of powers should be set in this game again as the division's winner likely will come from this game for the 11th straight season.

9. Surprise team of the year: Kansas State -- Don't be surprised if Bill Snyder snatches a couple of upsets and boosts his team into bowl contention in late November.

10. Team that will disappoint: Oklahoma State -- The Cowboys will be a solid bowl team but won't live up to the preseason hype that has thrown them into the preseason top 10 as a potential BCS surprise team.

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 03:04 PM
Texas's Defensive line is going to lose the game for them in the RRS. Chris Brown and Demarco Murray are going to have a field day. Muschamp comes out with this 3-4 bull**** saying they will be fine. Suuuure.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 03:04 PM
yup, the team that rushes for the most yards, wins

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 03:06 PM
yup, the team that rushes for the most yards, wins

Sounds like we are in good shape then. Here is to Demarco staying healthy, that one two punch is going to kill them.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 03:09 PM
i thought we would rush for more last year.....

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 03:12 PM
i thought we would rush for more last year.....

Me too. They had a really good defensive line last year though.

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2009, 03:19 PM
DM wasn't recovered yet last year. He didn't really show his old self until the KSU game. And strangely enough, his recovery seemed to coincide with putting 60 on the board every week. Hmmm.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 03:22 PM
DM wasn't recovered yet last year. He didn't really show his old self until the KSU game. And strangely enough, his recovery seemed to coincide with putting 60 on the board every week. Hmmm.

I have to say, I like that theory

OUAlumni1990
8/18/2009, 03:34 PM
I also think a certain TE with initials JG will have the horns wishing they would have stayed in bed.

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 03:35 PM
Brown and Murray will both go over 100 yards in that game.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 03:38 PM

I'd be very happy

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 03:39 PM

*fingers crossed*

MamaMia
8/18/2009, 03:47 PM
We don't blame OU for us not getting to the conference championship," Brown said of last season. "That was a Big 12 rule. It had nothing to do with the BCS. It had nothing to do with Oklahoma. It wasn't their fault. And they had a great team. We weren't even saying they didn't deserve it. We said we didn't like the way the rule worked. It didn't work out for us. We could have been as mad at Missouri as we were OU."Then why, pray tell, wasn't Mack all up in Missouri's grill, or Texas Techs for that matter, with halftime TV whine fests, banner planes crossing state lines and pathetic sign campaigns?

Who is he trying to fool and why?

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 03:48 PM
Woulda been funny to watch him crying over how it should be the whores and not misery representing the north!

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 04:00 PM
:mack: :mack:
Then why, pray tell, wasn't Mack all up in Missouri's grill, or Texas Techs for that matter, with halftime TV whine fests, banner planes crossing state lines and pathetic sign campaigns?

Who is he trying to fool and why?

:mack: :mack: :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 04:02 PM
He's trying to fool people into thinking he's not a crybaby little *****.

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 04:04 PM
Lid should help him learn to brush his teeth.

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 04:07 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/ThreeRunJack/Texas%20longhorn%20funny/coltmack.gif

MamaMia
8/18/2009, 04:14 PM
I think he knows hes about to get a fanny whoppin' for being such a crybaby and hes trying to give us some sugah. All I have to say about that is its way too late to try and butter us up for the kill Macky. You are going down like Donkey Kong!

TexasLidig8r
8/18/2009, 05:06 PM

Only if your inexperienced as a unit offensive line learns to hold as well as your offensive line last year.. oh wait.. it didn't help your offensive line last year either.

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 05:08 PM
Only if your inexperienced as a unit offensive line learns to hold as well as your offensive line last year.. oh wait.. it didn't help your offensive line last year either.

Either way our offensive line will be as twice as good as the piece of **** that you call a defensive line.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 05:09 PM
this will be a typical UT dline, that will get smashed

cjames317
8/18/2009, 05:15 PM
So, if I use the line "Revenge is a dish best served deep fried", do I need to attribute that?

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 06:29 PM

At least your D line is going to get some big time game experience against the Bangladesh College for Girls and Blowfish Tech...not only a fine boost to your strength of schedule, but also a chance to go against some incredible ofensive lines.

beer4me
8/19/2009, 07:49 AM
We don't blame OU for us not getting to the conference championship," Brown said of last season. "That was a Big 12 rule. It had nothing to do with the BCS. It had nothing to do with Oklahoma. It wasn't their fault.

WTF mack brown is still a whinny little bitchetta.

BLAME / FAULT

Hey MACK beat Tech and you would have been there.

These little backhanded comments is just makn me wanna pull a Hannibal Lecter on him and "eat his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti"

adoniijahsooner
8/19/2009, 07:55 AM
WTF mack brown is still a whinny little bitchetta.

BLAME / FAULT

Hey MACK beat Tech and you would have been there.

These little backhanded comments is just makn me wanna pull a Hannibal Lecter on him and "eat his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti"

I prefer to use hot sauce and a barq's root beer.:D

adoniijahsooner
8/19/2009, 08:00 AM

According to stoops our O-line is holding it's own in practice against a very good d-line. i think it is time for you to start thinking about the future and forget what happen last year. Texas nor Oklahoma should complain about what happen last year, because we both loss a game.

beer4me
8/19/2009, 08:26 AM
I prefer to use hot sauce and a barq's root beer.:D

:D :D :D

gaylordfan1
8/19/2009, 08:58 AM
I do think Muschamp can coach, but for them to call out our o-line and not their d-line is ludacris! OUr offense will produce... OUr defense will dominate!

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2009, 09:55 AM
According to stoops our O-line is holding it's own in practice against a very good d-line. i think it is time for you to start thinking about the future and forget what happen last year. Texas nor Oklahoma should complain about what happen last year, because we both loss a game.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

As for your offensive line... of the projected starters, there are a combined 29 starts. Certainly a cause for concern which becomes even greater when you consider that 26 of them belong to Williams.

Then, when you consider the stats from last year from the OL that this current crop could not beat out either because of talent, youth or inexperience....

Bradford was sacked 13 times last year... 8 of those sacks came against TCU, Texas and Florida... OU's three lowest scoring games of the year. It's one thing to have your backup QB (did you play your back up QB last year?) sacked in garbage time.. it's something completely different when 62% of the sacks came against the 3 best defenses you played and in which you lost to two of those teams by 10 points on a neutral field.

As for your running attack, again, look at its production against the three stoutest defenses you played last year... Against TCU your backs averaged 0.7 yards per carry... against Texas, your backs averaged 1.8 per carry and against Floriday, your backs averaged 3.7 yards per carry.

Your offensive line this year is undoubtedly talented... and quicker than your line last year. It is not as big nor as strong. Whether it will jell as a unit over the course of the season and keep Bradford's jersey clean will determine how far you go.

sooneron
8/19/2009, 10:00 AM

I think they will hold quite well. They have been watching the tape of Shipley's ko return.

:rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2009, 10:19 AM
I think they will hold quite well. They have been watching the tape of Shipley's ko return.

They should be watching Loadholding doing his "OLE!" move as Orakpo consistently got past him.

C&CDean
8/19/2009, 10:43 AM
They should be watching Loadholding doing his "OLE!" move as Orakpo consistently got past him.

In case you haven't checked, Orakpo ain't wearing burnt orange this year, and without him, your defensive line against us was average at best. If we catch a break early, you're going to see another classic 65-?? colon cleansing with a tree trunk kind of dealio on October 17 - with the good guys of course on top. I for one, cannot wait.

sooneron
8/19/2009, 10:56 AM
As for your offensive line... of the projected starters, there are a combined 29 starts. Certainly a cause for concern which becomes even greater when you consider that 26 of them belong to Williams.

Then, when you consider the stats from last year from the OL that this current crop could not beat out either because of talent, youth or inexperience....

Bradford was sacked 13 times last year... 8 of those sacks came against TCU, Texas and Florida... OU's three lowest scoring games of the year. It's one thing to have your backup QB (did you play your back up QB last year?) sacked in garbage time.. it's something completely different when 62% of the sacks came against the 3 best defenses you played and in which you lost to two of those teams by 10 points on a neutral field.

As for your running attack, again, look at its production against the three stoutest defenses you played last year... Against TCU your backs averaged 0.7 yards per carry... against Texas, your backs averaged 1.8 per carry and against Floriday, your backs averaged 3.7 yards per carry.

Your offensive line this year is undoubtedly talented... and quicker than your line last year. It is not as big nor as strong. Whether it will jell as a unit over the course of the season and keep Bradford's jersey clean will determine how far you go.
Jelling is the concern. However, I think starting is a little overrated, whereas, three other Olinemen had meaningful game experience. ie not just mop up. As far as the young beating out the older guys, well, THREE of them are currently on nfl rosters and one of them is pushing to be a starter with what is now, a playoff contender. So that's using some hopeful thinking with baby **** orange colored glasses.
I don't really think that you know whether or not this year's guys are as strong or not. Loadholt was huge, but he was a liability that relied on his size too much and not technique.
To speak to your three toughest defenses that we faced "argument". Well, duh, they were the three toughest defenses that we faced AND DM wasn't 100% for two of those games and he didn't play in the other game. That said, he is without a doubt, the most talented back we have. CB is very good, but not as good. Is your Dline as good as last year's? I doubt it.

edit: I'm not even sure what your point is for the sack totals on Sam. 13 sacks allowed is great for ANY squad and 8 sacks against quality defenses like you mentioned, is very solid.

sooneron
8/19/2009, 11:01 AM
I think the texas lbs are good, but like any corps of lbs, they benefited greatly from disruption upfront last year.

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2009, 11:02 AM
In case you haven't checked, Orakpo ain't wearing burnt orange this year, and without him, your defensive line against us was average at best. If we catch a break early, you're going to see another classic 65-?? colon cleansing with a tree trunk kind of dealio on October 17 - with the good guys of course on top. I for one, cannot wait.

Except when Kindle was ripping off Bradford's head.

And.. Orakpo didn't play all four down line positions.

And that "average at best" defensive line held OU to 48 total yards rushing and an average of 1.7 yards a carry? Hell.. I'll take that "average" any day of the week.

sooneron
8/19/2009, 11:12 AM
Except when Kindle was ripping off Bradford's head.

And.. Orakpo didn't play all four down line positions.

And that "average at best" defensive line held OU to 48 total yards rushing and an average of 1.7 yards a carry? Hell.. I'll take that "average" any day of the week.

Sorry, but if you read Dean's post, he is referring to your team without Orakpo. Let's not forget Roy Miller, as well.

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2009, 11:14 AM
Jelling is the concern. However, I think starting is a little overrated,

For most positions, I agree. Not so much on the offensive line where playing as a unit, adjusting to the line audibles called throughout the game, where adjusting to your teammates strengths or weaknesses throughout the season is incredibly important.

whereas, three other Olinemen had meaningful game experience. ie not just mop up. As far as the young beating out the older guys, well, two of them are currently on nfl rosters and one of them is pushing to be a starter with what is now, a playoff contender. So that's using some hopeful thinking with baby **** orange colored glasses.

I don't really think that you know whether or not this year's guys are as strong or not. Loadholt was huge, but he was a liability that relied on his size too much and not technique.

To speak to your three toughest defenses that we faced "argument". Well, duh, they were the three toughest defenses that we faced AND DM wasn't 100% for two of those games and he didn't play in the other game. That said, he is without a doubt, the most talented back we have.

No question Murray is very talented... is a game breaker. .when he can stay healthy. That has been a consistent issue with him... and he has already suffered his first injury this year already.

CB is very good, but not as good. Is your Dline as good as last year's? I doubt it.

No they aren't. Miller was better than advertised, Orakpo was exceptional and Melton (quite frankly, got more accolades than what his talent level was because of the emphasis on blocking Orakpo and Miller). Houston is back and Kindle is being used full time as a hand down or stand up defensive end.

edit: I'm not even sure what your point is for the sack totals on Sam. 13 sacks allowed is great for ANY squad and 8 sacks against quality defenses like you mentioned, is very solid.

Sacks usually translate into additional pressure on the quarterback. Additional pressure translates into the quarterback not being able to go through his progression of reads and checking off to 3rd and 4th options on pass plays.

This results in: The last 40 minutes of the Texas game, Bradford had 2 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions. In the last 40 minutes of the Florida game, Bradford had 1 touchdown pass and 2 interceptions.

sooneron
8/19/2009, 11:20 AM
Sacks usually translate into additional pressure on the quarterback. Additional pressure translates into the quarterback not being able to go through his progression of reads and checking off to 3rd and 4th options on pass plays.

This results in: The last 40 minutes of the Texas game, Bradford had 2 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions. In the last 40 minutes of the Florida game, Bradford had 1 touchdown pass and 2 interceptions.

No ****? Thanks professor.
As has been noted here, one of those interceptions in the Fla game was Manny being hit with a catch-able ball that he didn't secure and the defender made a great play.
And once again, who was putting most of the pressure on Bradford last year against uterus? Big clue, he's gone.

the_ouskull
8/19/2009, 03:56 PM
I mean, dude, you know that we can just go to www.espn.com and read this stuff for ourselves, right?

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
8/19/2009, 03:59 PM
then go to ESPN, i dont care what u do

a lot of people enjoy the info

CK Sooner
8/19/2009, 04:15 PM
Yep, I am one of them that likes to read all the information here instead of going to different sites, etc.

the_ouskull
8/19/2009, 04:49 PM
Whatever takes less work, right? I guess that's where this country's headed... As long as you go to www.fark.com as well. There's a lot of news there, too. (No, seriously, there is...)

the_ouskull

CK Sooner
8/19/2009, 04:51 PM
Whatever takes less work, right? I guess that's where this country's headed... As long as you go to www.fark.com as well. There's a lot of news there, too. (No, seriously, there is...)

the_ouskull

Yep, it saves time. Quit bitching.

;)

JLEW1818
8/19/2009, 04:54 PM
such bitchers

OUAlumni1990
8/19/2009, 08:25 PM
Sounds like someone got a little too much sand in their crack

the_ouskull
8/20/2009, 09:35 AM
Dear CK...

Please, keep leaving those red marks on my profile. They matter.

Sin,
Really?

What did Jules say in Pulp Fiction... "If my answers disturb you, perhaps you should stop asking disturbing questions." (That's not right, but it's close enough for a paraphrase...)

If you don't like social commentary and a back-and-forth banter on your message boards; places where people not only may have a dissenting opinion, but may, in fact, disagree with you DIRECTLY, and even force you to question your own reasoning behind the decisions which you have chosen to not only make for yourself, but also broadcast publicly...

then I suggest you go here:

www.disney.com

Over there, it's a small world, and everybody tends to agree with one another. If you can't justify your opinions over there, it's fine. Nobody else can either... they're just happy. Here, on the other hand, no matter how many times you "dislike," a post, that doesn't make it go away. Don't you wish you could still neg somebody anonymously? Well, keep wishing on my star... maybe some of the shine will rub off on you. I mean, I'm no football blogger, but perhaps you could hitch your wagon to a brighter horse in the future... that's all.

the_ouskull

PhiDeltBeers
8/20/2009, 11:03 AM
Anyway.....back to the discussion.^^^^^^

October 17th is my birthday and let me tell you....If my wife puts a brand new Corvette in the driveway and we get beat, I'll still be pissed. All I want on that day is an embarassment to the whole state of Texas! I don't even want cake. I'll even spend the whole day by myself.

A-M
8/20/2009, 11:16 AM

From your mouth to God's ears!;)

the_ouskull
8/20/2009, 11:54 AM
Anyway.....back to the discussion.^^^^^^

October 17th is my birthday and let me tell you....If my wife puts a brand new Corvette in the driveway and we get beat, I'll still be pissed. All I want on that day is an embarassment to the whole state of Texas! I don't even want cake. I'll even spend the whole day by myself.

I'm not sure how a post about you takes us "back to the discussion," but semantics aside, I agree with the intent completely. I don't give a sh*t about teams like A&M and OSU. I want to beat Tejas, and I want to win our bowl. The games that matter are the ones that we're not winning as of late, and it's d*mned frustrating as a fan to know we have a better team than the team that is showing up and losing those games... don't we?

Besides, with the gas mileage a 'Vette gets, and my estimation of your age, and, hence, insurance premiums, you're better off getting something a little more "friendly," I'd think. Like a lifetime pass to your favorite gentlemen's club, or something. I mean, why do gifts have to be about BOTH parties? :D

the_ouskull

PhiDeltBeers
8/20/2009, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure how a post about you takes us "back to the discussion," but semantics aside, I agree with the intent completely. I don't give a sh*t about teams like A&M and OSU. I want to beat Tejas, and I want to win our bowl. The games that matter are the ones that we're not winning as of late, and it's d*mned frustrating as a fan to know we have a better team than the team that is showing up and losing those games... don't we?

Besides, with the gas mileage a 'Vette gets, and my estimation of your age, and, hence, insurance premiums, you're better off getting something a little more "friendly," I'd think. Like a lifetime pass to your favorite gentlemen's club, or something. I mean, why do gifts have to be about BOTH parties? :D

the_ouskull

I believe my post was a bit closer to "the discussion" than Disneyland. ;)

By the way, a 'vette gets 28 mpg hw. Not too shabby. It won't get that with me behind the wheel though. Didn't quite understand what my age had to do with anything though.

Woops, I just did what you did and am rambling on about nothing that has to do with this thread. My apologies.

:eek:

the_ouskull
8/20/2009, 12:25 PM
I believe my post was a bit closer to "the discussion" than Disneyland. ;)

By the way, a 'vette gets 28 mpg hw. Not too shabby. It won't get that with me behind the wheel though. Didn't quite understand what my age had to do with anything though.

Woops, I just did what you did and am rambling on about nothing that has to do with this thread. My apologies.

:eek:

Glad you caught it. H*ll, you almost seem like you "get it..." The apology wasn't necessary, though. Nobody cares. Lol.

Are you sh*ttin' me about it getting 28mpg now? What about city? (Your age is in regards to what you'd have to pay to have one, insurance-wise. With a name like PhiDeltBeers, I was (perhaps recklessly) assuming that you would be under 25.

the_ouskull

PhiDeltBeers
8/20/2009, 12:35 PM
Glad you caught it. H*ll, you almost seem like you "get it..." The apology wasn't necessary, though. Nobody cares. Lol.

Are you sh*ttin' me about it getting 28mpg now? What about city? (Your age is in regards to what you'd have to pay to have one, insurance-wise. With a name like PhiDeltBeers, I was (perhaps recklessly) assuming that you would be under 25.

the_ouskull

Starting to wonder if we scared everyone off (it seems nobody does care, due to no posts). Not sure on city mpg, but it's a big gap. I know there isn't a gas guzzler tax. And I'm 31 (32 on gameday), and remember...my wife's buying the car. She has to pay the insurance...not me!!!

BoulderSooner79
8/20/2009, 12:39 PM
I'm scared off (and I'm fearless).

PhiDeltBeers
8/20/2009, 12:43 PM
I'm scared off (and I'm fearless).

You're scared off, but you're here. Threw me a curve ball there. And since you're fearless, I'm gonna have to call you a liar!

;)

the_ouskull
8/20/2009, 02:23 PM
Oh, there are still people around... they're just crying in the shadows rather than risking (continued) public humiliation. I can't say I'd blame them. If I wasn't awesome, I'd talk less and read more too. Heck, I might start doing it anyway. It's almost football season, and I don't know very much about football anyway.

the_ouskull

PhiDeltBeers
8/20/2009, 02:36 PM
I like your attitude. I too feel as I am awesome. We have something in common. Can we discuss who is awesomer? I could have a slight edge being that I have a little knowledge of football (I know what a 2 pt conversion is).

:D

A-M
8/23/2009, 05:00 PM
^^^^^^

You two seem to be having a great conversation. Thanks for letting us listen in on it!

the_ouskull
8/23/2009, 11:25 PM
You don't have to thank us, ma'am, we just ask that you try to take away from it as much valuable information as possible.

the_ouskull

stoopified
8/24/2009, 11:11 AM
Then why, pray tell, wasn't Mack all up in Missouri's grill, or Texas Techs for that matter, with halftime TV whine fests, banner planes crossing state lines and pathetic sign campaigns?

Who is he trying to fool and why?You have to remeber Gomer Brown is just a tad slow. :)

A-M
8/24/2009, 05:36 PM
You don't have to thank us, ma'am, we just ask that you try to take away from it as much valuable information as possible.

the_ouskull

That's kind of hard to do since I haven't been able to find any valuable information in your conversation the two of you have been having. But, I shall keep looking.:D