PDA

View Full Version : Bomar & Patrick last night

flopshotjoe99
8/18/2009, 10:33 AM
anyone catch the 4th quarter of the Giants/Carolina game? Good to see Allen Patrick out there cracking skulls.:cool:

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 10:40 AM
yup, i wish all the best for Bomar.. but more for AP

rainiersooner
8/18/2009, 10:42 AM
yup, i wish all the best for Bomar.. but more for AP

Sounds about right.

How did Bomar look?

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 10:45 AM
Bomar: 2for2 = 21 yards

AP: 8 carries, 36 yards. long = 29

Boomer.....
8/18/2009, 10:50 AM
Good for both of them!

badger
8/18/2009, 10:51 AM
:mad: Duke should be in the thread title before the other guy that doesn't claim us anymore so why should we?

So, EDITing your title in my response... there we go... all right then...

Duke looked very solid out there, but he didn't play until the second quarter. He had significant playing time in the second half, where I didn't see any sacks, tackles, etc. given up by him.

However, the incompetent quarterback that was behind him sure gave up a lot, especially the ball :rolleyes:

I think Duke has a good chance to make the Panthers after his showing last night.

As for Allen Patrick, he was the Giants' leading rusher, despite only playing the fourth quarter... or is it BECAUSE he only played the fourth quarter that he got the most rushing yards?

Most of his yards came off his very first run, which someone already posted was 29 yards.

I don't think AP will make the Giants, but his play with the G-men will earn him a spot on a different roster, or at least a practice squad, possibly in NY.

I wish AP and Duuuuuke all the best. Boomer! :)

SoonerLB
8/18/2009, 11:53 AM
I agree with badger's assesment. Hope AP can stick somewhere. Not sure if Bomar has much of a chance, but maybe he will be on a practice squad somewhere, with a chance sometime in the future.

SoonersEnFuego
8/18/2009, 11:59 AM
AP is a special teams animal. No way they will let him go.

TXBOOMER
8/18/2009, 12:13 PM
How many millions did taking a few bucks for no work cost Bomar?

Petro-Sooner
8/18/2009, 12:42 PM
Did Bomar finish school?

Boomer.....
8/18/2009, 12:47 PM
Don't think so.

A-M
8/18/2009, 12:54 PM
How many millions did taking a few bucks for no work cost Bomar?

A lot more then you and I together will make in our lifetime!

Collier11
8/18/2009, 01:05 PM
well considering he got a $175k signing bonus and if he makes the team will make about $300k I believe, I would say quite a bit

rainiersooner
8/18/2009, 01:21 PM
I don't see any need for bitterness to Bomar. He hurt himself a lot more than he hurt OU. We might have done better in '06 with him (maybe), but hell, PT took us to a Big XII championship anyway. And he opened the way for Sam to start earlier and assault the OU record books. He made a dumb mistake, paid heavily for it, and seems to have grown from it. All power to him.

Collier11
8/18/2009, 01:27 PM
I have zero bitterness for Bomar and anyone who does needs to direct that somewhere else, he was a cocky kid who screwed up and showed that he was very sorry multiple times, let him have success now

badger
8/18/2009, 01:46 PM
More important than losing a non-guaranteed money contract through his transgressions, Bomar lost playing time by getting drafted late. Now, he might not even make the team if NY decides to only keep two QB's (I don't think Andre Woodson did very well at all, but Manning and Carr were pretty solid).

He was not stellar by any stretch of the imagination. Not only was his playing time limited, but so was his throwing time. He mostly handed off the ball to Patrick. I don't recall seeing him scramble for yardage, either. He was the only Giant to fumble in yesterday's game (the team did not lose the ball, however).

Long story short, I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut later this week. They took him out at the end of the fourth quarter and put Andre back in for the chance at the game-winning drive. Not a very good sign for his NY future.

DakotaSooner
8/18/2009, 01:55 PM
I agree with Collier11. Bomar paid for his mistake and he knows it. He has no hard feelings towards OU and I don't for him....back to Allen Patrick, I am just glad to talk to people who use "AP" correctly. Up here in Vikings country all the NFL fans call AD "AP" and it is so annoying.......

SouthFortySooner
8/18/2009, 03:18 PM
When I think of Bomar I think of the pass to Iglesias for the win in overtime to Baylor. It was beautiful.

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 03:19 PM
When I think of Bomar I think of the pass to Iglesias for the win in overtime to Baylor. It was beautiful.

:eek: :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 03:49 PM
There is nothing beautiful about being forced into overtime by Baylor!

Oldnslo
8/18/2009, 03:52 PM
I have zero bitterness for Bomar and anyone who does needs to direct that somewhere else, he was a cocky kid who screwed up and showed that he was very sorry multiple times, let him have success now

Ditto.

Collier11
8/18/2009, 03:52 PM
There is nothing beautiful about being forced to stare at VET in a thong!

No doubt!

oumartin
8/18/2009, 03:54 PM
as of right now I would take Bomar over Carr. Carr has been a bust IMO

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2009, 03:56 PM
as of right now I would take Bomar over Carr. Carr has been a bust IMO

I agree. Carr has been an expensive bust as where Bomar is cheap and maybe has some upside.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/18/2009, 04:40 PM
^^^^That's why the Gents aren't payin you guys 100's of k's to make personnel decisions. (No offense)

oumartin
8/18/2009, 04:47 PM
yeah, cuzz Carr has really torn up the NFL so far. :rolleyes:

SoonerInFortSmith
8/18/2009, 05:29 PM
64 career touchdowns and over 14,000 passing yards in the NFL. I'll let you guess which of the two those numbers belong to, Martin.

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2009, 05:37 PM
^^^^That's why the Gents aren't payin you guys 100's of k's to make personnel decisions. (No offense)

No problem. My comments are worth exactly what you paid to read them (like most folks here).

soonerinabilene
8/18/2009, 05:54 PM
yeah, cuzz Carr has really torn up the NFL so far. :rolleyes:

Not even Vick could have gotten away from the defense with the Texan Oline he had.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 05:57 PM
I'm a Houston fan.... one thing i will give Carr credit on

THE FIRST EVER GAME FOR THE HOUSTON TEXANS, THE TEXANS BEAT THE DALLAS COWBOYS... suck it dallas

badger
8/18/2009, 06:07 PM
I'm a Houston fan.... one thing i will give Carr credit on

THE FIRST EVER GAME FOR THE HOUSTON TEXANS, THE TEXANS BEAT THE DALLAS COWBOYS... suck it dallas

I remember Carr strutting around like he owned the state of Texas after that game... then about 100 sacks followed that season, and every season until he got to the bench.

So it didn't work out in Houston. Big deal, not every QB can play in every system. I saw a lot of skill last night that I didn't see in either Woodson or Bomar. Maybe that's from experience, but if they're gonna make their QB the highest paid player in the game, they probably aren't going to keep more than two... and Carr is clearly the best of the QB's not named Eli for NY.

unbiasedtruth
8/18/2009, 07:03 PM
well if it doeant work out in NY for Bomar he can always fall back on his career working at a car dealership....

oh snap.... he didnt do that either did he.....

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2009, 01:21 AM
There is nothing beautiful about being forced into overtime by Baylor!

I beg to differ.

A-M
8/20/2009, 10:36 AM
Bomar made a mistake at OU and he will pay for it for the rest of his life. If he had played 2 or 3 more years at OU, he would be a much improved player and have a better chanse at making it as a pro. As it is, his chanses are very slim. There's really no way of knowing how much it has cost him in the loss of income. I just hope he learned from that mistake and doesn't do something that stupid again. It would be interesting to know just exactly what he thinks he did to his career as a pro.

RedstickSooner
8/20/2009, 10:41 AM
Bomar: 2for2 = 21 yards

AP: 8 carries, 36 yards. long = 29

Er, so the other 7 carries totaled 7 yards? :eek:

Four yards per carry is a nice, solid average -- but if it all comes on one carry, that can't bode well for his chances. Teams only put up with inconsistency like that if you're, say, AD.

Collier11
8/20/2009, 10:44 AM
Most of his short runs were on the line, not AP

SoonerInFortSmith
8/20/2009, 02:40 PM
^^^^This.
When you get hit 3 yards in the backfield you don't have a great chance.
No blocking. And the D had 8 in the box because they were running clock.

badger
8/20/2009, 02:54 PM
Most of his short runs were on the line, not AP

+1

After that big run, they kept giving him the ball.

I would have to say that any yardage gains that he had that night - big or small - were not because of the O-line, but in spite of the O-line, which sucked.

Of course, most of these guys will not be in the NFL in a few weeks with roster trims, so take it as you will.

SouthFortySooner
8/20/2009, 03:04 PM
I beg to differ.

Twas a double OT at that!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2009, 03:09 PM
why Bomar is more of an NFL quarteback than Woodson...Release...Woodson's release is one of the slowest I have ever seen.....while Bomar has a made-for-NFL quick release that you have to have in the NFL..

Probably the best thing for Bomar though would be to be put on the practice squad...actually get to take more snaps and be involved more...

As much as I dont care for Eli, he like his brother in that they could be diagnosed with a brain tumor, be in a car wreck and start the same day....In other words, Bomar isnt gonna see much field in practice or game unless he is on the PS.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2009, 07:42 PM
Twas a double OT at that!

Actually, it was a triple.

BoulderSooner79
8/20/2009, 07:45 PM
Actually, it was a triple.

Yep. Concessions were selling well that night, so we didn't want people going home early. After 2 OTs we ran out of hotdogs and had to end it.

sooneron
8/20/2009, 07:48 PM
I don't wish Rhett ill, but for all the people backing him on here, the kid slags OU and alludes to bs everytime OU is brought up in an interview with him. He & his dad haven't really moved on as much of you would think. I don't really give a rat's *** about the kid one way or the other. I'm certainly not going to wish him the best.

Collier11
8/20/2009, 08:31 PM
Not true, he has been nothing but apologetic and remorseful in every single interview or article ive seen, his dad on the other hand is a POS

unbiasedtruth
8/20/2009, 09:00 PM
Not true, he has been nothing but apologetic and remorseful in every single interview or article ive seen, his dad on the other hand is a POS

smoke and mirrors..... he had (apologetic and remorseful) to even have a shot at getting drafted this past spring.

Collier11
8/20/2009, 11:19 PM
No he didnt, had nothing to do with it

unbiasedtruth
8/21/2009, 12:20 AM
No he didnt, had nothing to do with it

ya you are right, this is the NFL where a person's character, morals, beliefs, attitude and persona dont mean squat when it comes to the fact whether he can ball or not in the NFL.....

Crucifax Autumn
8/21/2009, 12:23 AM
Yep. If Bomar wants to start he oughtta shoot a guy or drown a puppy.