PDA

View Full Version : Giggles and sympathy to Hillary...

badger
8/18/2009, 10:15 AM
I feel bad for her for having to always be second fiddle to Bill, but her ballistic missile... meltdown, etc. was pretty funny:

You want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the secretary of state; I am. You ask my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I’m not going to channel my husband.

This presents vary humorous scenarios... what if Hillary could channel Bill? What if Bill was appointed Secretary of State? What if Hillary just up and dumped Bill and reverted to her Rodham status that she wore around before it was determined to be detrimental to Bill's political aspirations?

In any event, here's a link. (http://www.kansascity.com/273/story/1387088.html) I'm posting this not for political commentary, just posting because I think it's hilarious... Hillary-ous, if you would :D

Harry Beanbag
8/18/2009, 10:19 AM
Not very Secretary of State-ish, but I can see her frustration.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/18/2009, 10:19 AM
The best part is that the guy was mistranslated. Actually he asked what Barack Obama thought about the issue :P

badger
8/18/2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I read about the mistranslation here. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/08/10/2009-08-10_hillary_clinton_loses_cool_at_question_on_bill_ my_husband_is_not_the_secretary_o.html). I was prompted by a co-worker to check this out and I just couldn't help but giggle a little... with sympathy.

I don't know if Bill's even intentionally stealing her thunder, but there's no doubt that's what's going on... and wow, does it irk the hell outta her.

badger
8/18/2009, 10:24 AM
Just found a video:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgF_PZg3EwY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgF_PZg3EwY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Veritas
8/18/2009, 12:08 PM
Not very Secretary of State-ish, but I can see her frustration.
Yeah. That's how I want the US represented, as a middle-aged woman who throws a temper tantrum when she doesn't like a question.

Lott's Bandana
8/18/2009, 12:11 PM
Her and Bill can talk about it when they are standing next to each other at the urinal.

Oh wait, man-law violation. nm

SoonerStormchaser
8/18/2009, 12:26 PM
I think President Obama was smart as hell to appoint Hillary as SecState. He put her in a high-vis position, but one that he could easily bury her with his own foreign affairs. Then, when she bolts because she's unhappy with how she's portrayed, she'll look totally disloyal, and promptly be disregarded by the party.

Lott's Bandana
8/18/2009, 12:49 PM
I think President Obama was smart as hell to appoint Hillary as SecState. He put her in a high-vis position, but one that he could easily bury her with his own foreign affairs. Then, when she bolts because she's unhappy with how she's portrayed, she'll look totally disloyal, and promptly be disregarded by the party.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about Colin Powell...

badger
8/18/2009, 12:52 PM
Reports state that Hillary came up and talked to the student who asked the question even before she was told that the student was mistranslated. I think she realized that snapping at a student while acting as an American ambassador was probably not the wisest thing to do. I mean, if you wanna snap at an audience, there's plenty of town hall meetings across the country that probably would enjoy that.

In b4 Hillary invitation to young Congo student to White House for beer ;)

SoonerStormchaser
8/18/2009, 01:43 PM
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Colin Powell...

Look what happened to him after he left...seriously. It goes both ways...and I think the same will happen to her.

Scott D
8/18/2009, 01:58 PM
Look what happened to him after he left...seriously. It goes both ways...and I think the same will happen to her.

he's certainly a lot more highly respected than she'll be.

Turd_Ferguson
8/18/2009, 02:02 PM
he's certainly a lot more highly respected than she'll be.say's who?

Harry Beanbag
8/18/2009, 02:46 PM
say's who?

Democrats

Scott D
8/18/2009, 04:17 PM
Democrats

that makes no sense.

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 04:43 PM
that makes no sense.

So in other words it's perfect South Oval material?

oumartin
8/18/2009, 04:52 PM
wasn't this like 2 week old news?

Scott D
8/18/2009, 04:54 PM
wasn't this like 2 week old news?

which makes it perfect South Oval material. ;)

Sooner24
8/18/2009, 05:25 PM
Is she retaining water or what? She really looks bloated.

delhalew
8/18/2009, 05:38 PM
Put this in the context of Bill flying off like a super hero to a couple hot young asian chicks and getting lots of attention. Meanwhile, Obama has sent her to the Congo. I don't like her and she behaved poorly, but I can still be sympathetic.

Scott D
8/18/2009, 07:57 PM
I guess that makes you better than me delhalew. I can't be sympathetic to crackpots in any form. That woman needs to be locked in a padded room with a straight jacket on for the rest of her abnormal life.

or locked in a room with Rush Limbaugh with no food or oxycontin.

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 07:58 PM
But is it a post padded room?

Sooner24
8/18/2009, 08:02 PM
I guess that makes you better than me delhalew. I can't be sympathetic to crackpots in any form. That woman needs to be locked in a padded room with a straight jacket on for the rest of her abnormal life.

or locked in a room with Rush Limbaugh with no food or oxycontin.

Okay are we talking about Badger or Hillary? :confused:

:pop:

Scott D
8/18/2009, 08:04 PM
both? :D

olevetonahill
8/18/2009, 11:08 PM
Yall Liten up on Billiary
She just fergot her Midol :D

badger
8/19/2009, 09:38 AM
Hahahahahahaha. See, I can take this stuff unlike Hillary. Speaking of, if you found this hilarious, you should check these out here (http://cagle.com/news/HillaryFreaks/main.asp). Here's a preview:

http://i25.tinypic.com/15zi8f5.jpg

Soonersince57
8/19/2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah. That's how I want the US represented, as a middle-aged woman who throws a temper tantrum when she doesn't like a question.

Is there any other kind of middle-aged woman?

Oops, did I type that out loud?:O