OKLA21FAN
8/18/2009, 09:47 AM
what a wonderful man

Tulsa > okc

boomerinhou
8/18/2009, 03:05 PM
what a wonderful man

Tulsa > okc

OMG...this is sad news. I guess we don't live forever, but Uncle Zeb was such a memorable part of my childhood...and to date myself further...even Mr. Zing and Tuffy.

It was sad the way John Chick died. Carl Bartholomew was a man of many talents, both behind the camera and in front.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20090818_371_0_CarlBa343731

Thank you Channel 8 for Mr. Zing and Tuffy, and Uncle Zeb. Thank you Carl for keeping a wonderful Tulsa kids tradition alive.

"I'll be lookin for ya"...

picasso
8/18/2009, 05:09 PM
He lived in Brookside and his house looked like a log cabin, just as you would imagine.

watasooner
8/18/2009, 05:11 PM
iGLEwUdzEpQ

StoopTroup
8/18/2009, 06:25 PM
I was on Mr. Zing and Tuffy...which also makes Tulsa > OKC.

Uncle Zeb was good guy.

RIP UZ!

picasso
8/18/2009, 09:23 PM
OMG...this is sad news. I guess we don't live forever, but Uncle Zeb was such a memorable part of my childhood...and to date myself further...even Mr. Zing and Tuffy.

It was sad the way John Chick died. Carl Bartholomew was a man of many talents, both behind the camera and in front.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20090818_371_0_CarlBa343731

Thank you Channel 8 for Mr. Zing and Tuffy, and Uncle Zeb. Thank you Carl for keeping a wonderful Tulsa kids tradition alive.

"I'll be lookin for ya"...
my dad always had the John Chick show on before he took me to school.

King Crimson
8/18/2009, 09:29 PM
what a wonderful man

Tulsa > okc

i'm not going to get into this too much, but we lost Ho Ho the Clown and Pokey a while back.

don't pretend like some freaky child entertainer was exclusive to the hills and trees.

Boomer Mooner
8/18/2009, 09:30 PM
Foreman Scotty >>>> Uncle Zeb
plus he used to throw keggers for the high school kids.

Soonerus
8/18/2009, 09:40 PM
RIP Zeb...

LoyalFan
8/19/2009, 12:05 AM
Question: Who was John Chick and how did he die?

Recollection: Here in San Antonio, 50's-60's, we had a similar local kid's show featuring "Captain Gus", an old salt who was portrayed by a TV station dude who has since passed on. I was a bit too old for it all when we moved to SA but my younger sisters ate it up.
Looking back; Those were cleaner times.

LF

picasso
8/19/2009, 12:25 AM
http://tulsatvmemories.com/kiddie.html

LoyalFan
8/19/2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks, Picasso.
Mr. Chick was obviously a great guy and apparently died an untimely death though I'm unaware of the circumstances...RIP.

LF

beer4me
8/19/2009, 05:15 AM
John Chick, Mr Zing and Tuffy now there are some names I have not thought about in many a moon.

goingoneight
8/19/2009, 03:30 PM
I'm only 25 and I was on Uncle Zeb twice as a kid. I keep hearing people around town act like his show was 30 something years retired.

Wishboned
8/19/2009, 03:48 PM
I used to rush home to watch Uncle Zeb every day.

There would be a Popeye cartoon, usually a Bugs Bunny cartoon, and then a third.

One of the things I miss most about being a kid.

Pricetag
8/19/2009, 03:50 PM
I'm only 25 and I was on Uncle Zeb twice as a kid. I keep hearing people around town act like his show was 30 something years retired.
Well, the original show on Channel 8 ended in 1979. He came back in the early '90s on TCI. I remember thinking it was kinda cool, but I had forgotten that he'd even come back until I read it again these past couple of days.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/19/2009, 03:58 PM
I'd like to win a pizza from Ken's Pizza

bluedogok
8/19/2009, 10:43 PM
Was the show sponsor Zebco?

boomerinhou
8/20/2009, 11:59 AM
Question: Who was John Chick and how did he die?

A John Chick link has been posted (in another post) from Tulsa TV Memories.
John Chick had either MS or MD and unfortunately died from the disease. During the later years of the John Chick Show, he hosted the show wearing braces. He was also a fixture on the MD telethon on KTUL for many years.

boomerinhou
8/20/2009, 12:05 PM
John Chick, Mr Zing and Tuffy now there are some names I have not thought about in many a moon.

I'll take you back even further...
How about "Big Bill and Oom-A-Gog"...the kids show on KVOO Channel 2 that ran from 1959 to 1964...a bit before my time...lol

http://tulsatvmemories.com/oomagog.html

Animal Mother
8/25/2009, 03:56 PM
I'll take you back even further...
How about "Big Bill and Oom-A-Gog"...the kids show on KVOO Channel 2 that ran from 1959 to 1964...a bit before my time...lol

http://tulsatvmemories.com/oomagog.html

I was born in the fifties so I remember Bill and the 'bot.

Tulsa had Mazeppa so OKC TV was forever in second place after
G. Ailard S. Artain hit the airwaves!

LAWZEE!

swardboy
8/25/2009, 06:16 PM
Hello, hello, hello....goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.
We'll see you all tomorrow just as sure as pumpkin pie.
We like to say "hello". We don't like to say "goodbye."
And so we say "hello," when we mean "goodbye."

Goodtimes.....

boomerinhou
8/26/2009, 01:36 AM
I was born in the fifties so I remember Bill and the 'bot.

Tulsa had Mazeppa so OKC TV was forever in second place after
G. Ailard S. Artain hit the airwaves!

LAWZEE!

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!

There will NEVER be another Mazeppa. And look at the talent who went to school with Gailard Sartain about the same time:

Susan E. (S.E.) Hinton
David Gates
Leon Russell
Elvin Bishop
Anita Bryant
Gary Busey (went to Nathan Hale, not Will Rogers)

Top THAT, OKC...lol....

:D

Animal Mother
8/26/2009, 10:09 AM
TOTALLY AGREE !!!!

There will NEVER be another Mazeppa. And look at the talent who went to school with Gailard Sartain about the same time:

Susan E. (S.E.) Hinton
David Gates
Leon Russell
Elvin Bishop
Anita Bryant
Gary Busey (went to Nathan Hale, not Will Rogers)

Top THAT, OKC...lol....

:D

"Mr. Jackeddy?'
"I'll show you some Jackeddy!"

We used to drive around town with the Johnny Donut and Sherman Oaks masks on at night. I think some people in Northern Oklahoma still have nightmares. Those were the daze!

StoopTroup
8/26/2009, 10:11 AM
"Mr. Jackeddy?'
"I'll show you some Jackeddy!"

We used to drive around town with the Johnny Donut and Sherman Oaks masks on at night. I think some people in Northern Oklahoma still have nightmares. Those were the daze!

TEDDYJAKEDDY ! ! !