PDA

View Full Version : Good luck with that, SEC.

Rhino
8/18/2009, 12:04 AM
From mashable.com (http://mashable.com/2009/08/17/sec-new-media-policy/):

Earlier this month, the conference informed its schools of the new policy, which reads: “Ticketed fans can’t “produce or disseminate (or aid in producing or disseminating) any material or information about the Event, including, but not limited to, any account, description, picture, video, audio, reproduction or other information concerning the Event.”

Translated, that means no Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TwitPic, or any other service that could in any way compete with authorized media coverage of the event. In the case of the SEC, authorized media coverage rights belong to CBS, who has a $3 billion deal with the conference over the next 15 years according to The St Petersburg Times. Talk about the most unenforceable policy ever.

TopDawg
8/18/2009, 12:11 AM
Would texting or even phone calls be considered dissemination of information?

rainiersooner
8/18/2009, 12:15 AM
Yup but all they could do would be to revoke the license (ticket) of the person who used the license (ticket) to so disseminate. They're not going to enforce that.

sooner59
8/18/2009, 02:00 AM
FAIL.

stoopified
8/18/2009, 07:19 AM
Bringing back Prohibition has a better chance of sucess.

OUDoc
8/18/2009, 08:17 AM
You probably shouldn't even be talking about the rule.
The SEC saw Fight Club too.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 10:41 AM
From mashable.com (http://mashable.com/2009/08/17/sec-new-media-policy/):
Talk about the most unenforceable policy ever.

exactly, I don't get the point of this? Tebow must have told them to do it.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/18/2009, 10:48 AM
but the SEC is so fast, when you click to post something, they are at your house revoked your license and deleted the post before it is uploaded to the server.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 10:54 AM
remember
they run

4.1 40's
and 3.6 60's

when they know the distance is further, they run faster......

SoonerLB
8/18/2009, 11:44 AM
Does this mean the ESPN boys can no longer take candid photos of their love doll Timmy? Oh the tears must be flowing in the hallways of Bristol!

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 11:50 AM
Personally I like it. The less I have to hear about the SEC the better!

RedstickSooner
8/18/2009, 01:49 PM
Well... They sorta could enforce it at the stadiums, if they really, really wanted to. All they'd have to do is clad the exterior of the stadium in copper (or some other metal) to insulate it from radio waves. Then just make sure they use their local clout to keep any cell providers from situating towers higher than the exterior of the stadium.

Really, the benefit wouldn't be in enforcing this gaytarded rule. The benefit would be in getting folks, for a scant couple of hours at a time, 6 or 7 times a year, to pay attention to what was sitting in front of them instead of yammering meaninglessly away on their infernal cell phones.

As you can probably guess, I'm not a huge fan of the way cell phones have turned us into a bunch of ninnies that can't stand to allow fifteen minutes to pass without interacting with someone somewhere other 'n where we are.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/18/2009, 05:08 PM
SEC thought of it first. Just another reason they're faster than everyone else.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 05:10 PM
SEC thought of it first. Just another reason they're faster than everyone else.

:D :D

MR2-Sooner86
8/18/2009, 07:52 PM
remember
they run

4.1 40's
and 3.6 60's

And with only one leg!

John Kochtoston
8/18/2009, 09:09 PM
The author of this article is an idiot. The policies discussed were about media blogging and twittering, not fans. Dunno where he got his quote from, since he gave us no handy link, but this has always been about what is acceptable and unacceptable from media covering the game.

Edit: OK, I'm the idiot. Apparently there was some discussion of prohibiting fans from texting/tweeting. Didn't make the final copy, though.

btk108
8/18/2009, 10:06 PM
WOOO HOOO...where can I get a ticket to an SEC game?......what a bunch of idiots.