PDA

View Full Version : Last time, is Brett Favre coming back ???

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 01:46 PM
a Vikings player said "It's a done deal"

that he is coming back...

I ask this, because it would help AD ....

Sam.England
8/17/2009, 01:48 PM
I hope he stays retired, unless he really just wants to annoy the Green Bay fans some more! Its truely like a circus now!

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 01:49 PM
I'm sure Badger has something to say!

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2009, 01:55 PM
I was hoping the whole Favre saga would lead us to a cure for cheeseheaditis. But it is proving to be a tough nut to crack -- I think cancer will be cured first.

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 01:56 PM
kills time till sept 5th!

CBUS_SOONER
8/17/2009, 01:58 PM
f!@#$ Brett Favre. Big Fu@#$%$ baby

badger
8/17/2009, 01:58 PM
I'm sure Badger has something to say!

Yes, I do. As much as I love the Packers, the Packers are not the Sooners. Put it in the general sports forum and I can promise you that I'll find it there quite as easily as I would find it here.

I'm sure everyone here except me is sick of hearing about Favre by now. I still wear his jersey (Packers one, that is), but once again, Favre's jersey has never been a Sooner jersey, so let it go, man.

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 02:00 PM
yah, just posted it here cause I'm concerned about AD and the QB situation..

feel free to move it to the GSF mods!

CBUS_SOONER
8/17/2009, 06:20 PM
how is favre gonna help the vikes with a 1 to 3 td/int ratio

soonerfan28
8/17/2009, 06:53 PM
YES. I have never doubted he was going to come out of retirement. He's the MJ of the NFL. I loved watchin' MJ play, but they need to learn something from Barry Sanders. Hang it up when you're on top.

Maximus Soonerus
8/17/2009, 09:01 PM
Well, from a fantasy perspective the guys a joke (well, sorta) but from a 'leadership' point of view he's actually legit. He's the only 'true' QB that I can remember watching that truly DOES manage the field. Besides, with AP/Harvin/Shainco/Berrian/taylor/wade/etc. all able to produce good yarded plays then Favre gives you a good edge.

But he won't come back

yermom
8/17/2009, 09:15 PM
i was laughing about this before work this morning

should be a fun circus to watch

goingoneight
8/17/2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe AD will get his 2000 yards, but Minnesota will succ and draft Sammy?

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 09:54 PM
i hope so....

or maybe the browns......

Scott D
8/18/2009, 05:20 AM
next time I want to hear about Favre, it is ESPN disseminating his funeral information. I already predict that John Madden will take Favre's dick out of his mouth long enough to deliver the eulogy.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/18/2009, 08:02 AM
Scott, please stop holding back, I really want to know how you really feel? TIA!

badger
8/18/2009, 08:22 AM
:mad: rage....rage...rage...

:D Did you all see how OKLAHOMA SOONER alum Allen Patrick did last night?

:D He was the Giants LEADING RUSHER with a long run of 29 yards (which was uber sweet to watch, btw) and had 8 carries for 36 yards, despite being the last guy in.

:D It was also funny to see a certain QB have the Giants' only fumble of the evening.

:D Duke Robinson was a beast on the Panthers offensive line. He seemed to be the only one that was blocking for their constantly-sacked QB. Perhaps Duke should start blocking two guys instead of one?

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 10:38 AM
PENDING PHYSICAL, BRETT FAVRE WILL SIGN CONTRACT WITH VIKINGS BETWEEN 10-12 MILLION

ahhhh

boomersooner28
8/18/2009, 10:49 AM
HE WONT GO AWAY!!!!!!

10-12 Mill!?!?!?

That is so stupid.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/18/2009, 10:49 AM
With Pharve, i think it will be a great thing for AD. jackson and sage were not the answer for this team. Brett definately has some issues, but his presence on offense alone will take some of the pressure of AD. i for one am excited. i wanted favre to play for minnesota last year. ultimately, my whole opinion is selfish in nature...i just want to see AD do well and win a ring. if favre helps with this. then i am a favre fan

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/18/2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe AD will get his 2000 yards, but Minnesota will succ and draft Sammy?

i like where you head is at...:)

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 10:52 AM
Minn will make the playoffs, so doubtful for Sammy... hate to say it .... but maybe Colt McCoy , that's a wild guess. hehe

BillyBall
8/18/2009, 11:01 AM
He won't go away, he's like the human version of herpes.

starclassic tama
8/18/2009, 11:01 AM
mort reporting brett is back with the vikings pending a physical

BillyBall
8/18/2009, 11:03 AM
i hope so....

or maybe the browns......

The Browns? I think they have enough of a qb problem on their hands as it is...

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 11:04 AM
If the Browns are in the bottom 5, they will draft a QB... or at least they should..... Quinn? ha

badger
8/18/2009, 11:06 AM
It's still all reports. I'm ready for someone to jump out and proclaim "pwn3d!" or would "pwn4d" be the more appropriate exclamation here?

NP and I talked about this yesterday after a workout. He is more upset than I am about it. I really don't care. I really started to be a hardcore Packer fan about the time Favre became the face of the franchise, so he can comeback with another team and I won't be heartbroken. I mean, it's not like he's running underground dogfighting rings, having underage girls at his mansion's hottub or doing anything that would get him arrested or sued for child support or anything. Dude's still a good guy. If he's a Packer or a Jet or a Falcon or a (sigh) Vigh-king, whatever. I'll still wear my Packer jersey with the No. 4 happily. If anyone is all like "Durr, what's with the Favre jersey?" I can kindly (and politely!!!!!) remind them that it's a Packer jersey. That's all that matters to me.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 11:10 AM
Vikings were 10-6 last year

they really have a legit shot at 12-4 this year

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 11:11 AM
13 September - Vikings at Browns, 12:00 PM Central

20 September - Vikings at Lions, 12:00 PM Central

27 September - 49ers at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central

5 October - Packers at Vikings, 7:20 PM Central (Monday Night, ESPN)

11 October - Vikings at Rams, 12:00 PM Central

18 October - Ravens at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central (CBS)

25 October - Vikings at Steelers, 12:00 PM Central

1 November - Vikings at Packers, 12:00 PM Central

BYE WEEK

15 November - Lions at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central

22 November - Seahawks at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central

29 November - Bears at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central

6 December - Vikings at Cardinals, 3:15 PM Central

13 December - Bengals at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central (CBS)

20 December - Vikings at Panthers, 7:20 PM (Sunday Night, NBC)

28 December - Vikings at Bears, 7:20 PM (Monday Night, ESPN)

3 January 10 - Giants at Vikings, 12:00 PM Central

NormanPride
8/18/2009, 11:22 AM
What makes them think he'll be better than he was last year? He fell apart late in the season.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 11:28 AM
I'd say he's on a better team. more of a solid run game, so he won't have to pass as much

Play Action with AD will be scary for other teams

badger
8/18/2009, 12:05 PM
Gawwwwwww... I can't believe you're all suckering me into posting on why Favre and AD is NOT a match made in heaven! :mad:

:mad: <--- second angry face for added emphasis on rage.

1- Favre has a terrible history playing at the Viking Dome. He doesn't win there as often as he does elsewhere... you know, in outdoor stadiums. Where do the Vikings play half their games again? Oh, right, like every other team, AT HOME. Look for eight loses at home this year with Favre under center for Minnesota.

2- Favre takes offseasons off. During his consecutive starting streak, he never let up during any point in the season, whether it be pre, regular or post... except for one preseason when it became known that Favre didn't throw a football all offseason. Whoops. My guess is the only balls Favre threw during the past nine months were during those d@mned Wranger jean commercials. Look for him to throw out his arm after a few days of practice.

3- Favre now throws as many INT's as TD's. Love the guy, but this is just the way Favre's gonna be now, regardless of what team's surrounding him.

4- Sage Rosenfels does not suck. I don't get why they're ready to bring in No. 4 when Sage didn't look too bad in the first game. I mean, Favre would only come back to start... and he gets vocal when he gets cranky... and he will be cranky if he is not starting.

Bad idea, but I won't believe that he's back until I see him on the field in uniform throwing... likely an INT.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 12:09 PM
so whats their 2009 record gonna be? :D

badger
8/18/2009, 12:10 PM
so whats their 2009 record gonna be? :D

8-8... which will probably still be good enough to win the NFC North :P

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 12:12 PM
lol... 10-6 last year!

KC//CRIMSON
8/18/2009, 12:12 PM
Next steps for Favre: Admit he hates cheese curds & dark beer; call Laverne & Shirley "ugly and not funny"; sucker-punch Alice Cooper.

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2009, 12:33 PM
I predict that at least once this season, some opposing defensive player will be returning a Favre pick and he'll get lit up by AD. That's assuming Favre passes the physical today.

soonervegas
8/18/2009, 12:40 PM
What an Ashton Kutcher. (or ****** if you prefer)

No matter how many times you turn the hose on to get him off your lawn, he's back defecating on it 5 minutes later.

Scott D
8/18/2009, 12:41 PM
it's no longer reports Baj. Drama Queen ********* is at the Vikings practice facility at this very minute.

Lott's Bandana
8/18/2009, 12:44 PM
Gawwwwwww... I can't believe you're all suckering me into posting on why Favre and AD is NOT a match made in heaven! :mad:

:mad: <--- second angry face for added emphasis on rage.

1- Favre has a terrible history playing at the Viking Dome. He doesn't win there as often as he does elsewhere... you know, in outdoor stadiums. Where do the Vikings play half their games again? Oh, right, like every other team, AT HOME. Look for eight loses at home this year with Favre under center for Minnesota.

2- Favre takes offseasons off. During his consecutive starting streak, he never let up during any point in the season, whether it be pre, regular or post... except for one preseason when it became known that Favre didn't throw a football all offseason. Whoops. My guess is the only balls Favre threw during the past nine months were during those d@mned Wranger jean commercials. Look for him to throw out his arm after a few days of practice.

3- Favre now throws as many INT's as TD's. Love the guy, but this is just the way Favre's gonna be now, regardless of what team's surrounding him.

4- Sage Rosenfels does not suck. I don't get why they're ready to bring in No. 4 when Sage didn't look too bad in the first game. I mean, Favre would only come back to start... and he gets vocal when he gets cranky... and he will be cranky if he is not starting.

Bad idea, but I won't believe that he's back until I see him on the field in uniform throwing... likely an INT.

This is like Lid commenting on Bradford's return.

:P

KC//CRIMSON
8/18/2009, 12:51 PM
New nickname for Brett Favre: "VD." We can't get rid of him.

A-M
8/18/2009, 01:08 PM
I voted 'yes', but I really do not want to see him come back with any team. He has done all he can do and still look like a good player. He just needs to give it up and start living a life without playing football.

Hot Rod
8/18/2009, 01:09 PM
Talk about 2nd chances, first Vick now Favre.

DakotaSooner
8/18/2009, 01:42 PM
I think it is advantageous for AD to have Farve back there. The Vikes don't need him to be the late 90's Farve....they just need him to hit the recievers that are one on one because of 9 guys in the box. This in turn will keep the defense honest so AD can get his yards.

Scott D
8/18/2009, 01:49 PM
I think it is advantageous for AD to have Farve back there. The Vikes don't need him to be the late 90's Farve....they just need him to hit the recievers that are one on one because of 9 guys in the box. This in turn will keep the defense honest so AD can get his yards.

if by hit the receivers you mean hit the defensive backs and linebackers nearly as much as the receivers I would agree with you.

badger
8/18/2009, 01:56 PM
it's no longer reports Baj. Drama Queen ********* is at the Vikings practice facility at this very minute.

Even so, I won't believe that he's back until he's in uniform, on the field, throwing the ball... likely an INT.

And as for the Lid/Bradford comparison, my notes are legit and have been well documented. Would you like me to provide links? This isn't bitter fan ranting, it's all facts, man.

Favre actually had an even longer starting streak going that included preseason games... until he threw his arm out and had to rest the arm because of his offseason break.

Throughout Favre's career, he has not performed well in domes. However, he has performed well when the temperature hits incredible cold levels.

Favre has thrown a lot of INT's lately. I think his stats last year were equal parts TD and equal parts INT... but he has also had years recently where he's thrown more INT's than TD's.

Finally, saying that Sage didn't suck is a matter of opinion. I thought he looked fine out there.

However, the rest is FACT. It isn't longhorn ranting on a Sooner Heisman winner or in this case, Packer ranting a future HOF'er that may end up playing for a rival.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/18/2009, 02:06 PM
Well, he has already put on the helmet and pads and started practicing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090818/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vikings_favre

Lott's Bandana
8/18/2009, 02:23 PM
Even so, I won't believe that he's back until he's in uniform, on the field, throwing the ball... likely an INT.

And as for the Lid/Bradford comparison, my notes are legit and have been well documented. Would you like me to provide links? This isn't bitter fan ranting, it's all facts, man.

Favre actually had an even longer starting streak going that included preseason games... until he threw his arm out and had to rest the arm because of his offseason break.

Throughout Favre's career, he has not performed well in domes. However, he has performed well when the temperature hits incredible cold levels.

Favre has thrown a lot of INT's lately. I think his stats last year were equal parts TD and equal parts INT... but he has also had years recently where he's thrown more INT's than TD's.

Finally, saying that Sage didn't suck is a matter of opinion. I thought he looked fine out there.

However, the rest is FACT. It isn't longhorn ranting on a Sooner Heisman winner or in this case, Packer ranting a future HOF'er that may end up playing for a rival.

Geesh Baj, I make a joke and you make my point!!

:D

badger
8/18/2009, 02:27 PM
Geesh Baj, I make a joke and you make my point!!

You make a joke, I state a fact, win-win situation. Boomer! :)

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 02:29 PM
Bears win the North, and go to the Super Bowl

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 04:50 PM
FAVRE ON LIVE AT 5 CENTRAL, ESPN

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 04:52 PM
That will be interesting to watch.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 04:53 PM
"well my arm is hurt, buy my heart wants me to play"

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 04:56 PM
"well my arm is hurt, but my wife wants a lambo"

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 05:47 PM
on now

CK Sooner
8/18/2009, 05:53 PM
I'm watching.

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 05:58 PM
I'm sure badger and NP are too.. hehe

badger
8/18/2009, 06:05 PM
I don't know where NP is right now... probably still at work... or maybe at hit other wife's house, I dunno...

All I know is the Favre I'm watching right now I just don't recognize... the gray beard, the sagging cheeks, the tattered red hat that I remember back when it was newer... the Vikings background...

This has fail written all over it. I'm not saying this as a bitter Packer fan, because if I were to be bitter at anyone, it would be the Packers leadership for choosing to go a different direction instead of keeping Favre. I just don't see this working out.

However, I'm just a football fan. If they're gonna pay someone $12.5 mil average annually for two years, even at age 39, they must have a lot of confidence in him.

btk108
8/18/2009, 06:16 PM
Favre....let it go, man.....let it go...

Scott D
8/18/2009, 08:08 PM
Favre....let it go, man.....let it go...

I prefer to see him crash and burn...that way I can say. "I sir saw George Blanda...you are no George Blanda."

starclassic tama
8/18/2009, 09:42 PM
What makes them think he'll be better than he was last year? He fell apart late in the season.

he had a shoulder injury towards the end of last year

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2009, 11:26 PM
he had a shoulder injury towards the end of last year

This is true and I think the odds of Favre getting injured again are pretty high.

starclassic tama
8/18/2009, 11:39 PM
true but it kinda blows my mind that people really think he isn't good anymore. mark rodgers even said that the vikings won't be better off. if he is healthy he is still pretty good

BoulderSooner79
8/19/2009, 12:18 AM
I agree. Favre proved last year that when healthy, he is still very good. i'm not hoping he gets hurt, but he is coming in with a torn rotator cuff and no camps since last season. If he makes it through the first 5 weeks, he faces the Ravens and Steelers back to back. The running game will definitely be his best friend.

badger
8/19/2009, 08:19 AM
I completely forgot... because I really don't care much for the Vikings other than a few Sooner alums...

This is USC alum John David Booty in the NFL last season:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05MLf2d14ucWu/340x.jpg
Guess who had to give up his jersey yesterday? :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2009, 08:42 AM
Brett Favre is no different than Terrell Owens... he is simply the latest in the "oh look at me.. it's all about me.. I have no loyalty to any team or any fans.. it's me, me, me." line of athletes that ESPN over publicizes above teams.

Step to the plate.. lie as much as you want, be a flake.. most fans are sheep, they won't care. "I love Green Bay.. I am retired as a Packer." No Wait.. I now want to be a Jet... NOW.. I am retired... I am retired again.. No wait... I want to stick it to the GM of Green Bay and its fans.. I will sign with one of their most hated rivals! Yes I will.. Nah.. I won't. Oh yes I will.

Puuleeze....

Stay on the tractor. :rolleyes:

adoniijahsooner
8/19/2009, 08:43 AM
If Kerry Collins and Randall Cunningham can have success after down years, Im sure Brett Favre can. Imagine the wide open recievers after he play action to AD; this is a great sitiuation for him and the vikings. He doesnt need to spectactular just decent and the vikes are in the Super bowl. Defense and a strong running game= Super bowl every single year.

badger
8/19/2009, 09:33 AM
I've told NP over and over that I'm not angry about the situation, but I found myself uber bummed out last night. Like I said earlier, I didn't recognize that man at the press conference yesterday... he didn't look or sound like the same guy who streaked down the Superdome field after completing an opening Super Bowl TD to Andre Rison (with his helmet held high in the air), or even the QB who lifted Greg Jennings on his shoulder after breaking the TD record.

This guy... isn't the Brett Favre I grew up with an loved. This isn't even a caricature of him. This is like Phil Fulmer, after his wife begged him to stop coaching and retire after leading Tennessee to the championship, replying something to the tune of "There aren't many other jobs that I can make this kind of money."

So anyways, I need to find a new Packer jersey to sport for the next few years until Favre retires for good. I should start a poll on the General Sports forum or something. I'm still bummed and probably will be until Friday when he takes the field in purple. Argggghhh. :(

WisconsinSooner
8/19/2009, 11:09 AM
I have no issues with the guy taking a job with a different employer. Ted Thompson and the Packer organization let him go saying they were moving in another direction. Why should Farve be treated any differently than anyone else who wants to work? Obviously his new employer thinks he's good fit as do I.

This doesn't mean I'll be pulling my Green & Gold Packer plates off my car to replace them with the bland Wisconsin "America's Dairyland" plates or rushing out to buy a purple Farve jersey. (The thought of wearing purple is almost as bad as the thought of wearing puke orange. Almost.) But I can't see any reason for me to begrudge the guy for wanting to play the game when someone who knows a hell of a lot more than I do about these things is willing to pay him to do so.

JLEW1818
8/19/2009, 12:21 PM
hey u cheaters, I'm bout to cut this pole off!

WisconsinSooner
8/19/2009, 01:38 PM
Brett Favre is no different than Terrell Owens... he is simply the latest in the "oh look at me.. it's all about me.. I have no loyalty to any team or any fans.. it's me, me, me." line of athletes that ESPN over publicizes above teams.

His being different than athletes like Terrell Owens and Manny Ramirez is EXACTLY why he's in this position.

To paraphrase Jason Whitlock, 'Back in February and March of 2008, when Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy pressured Favre for a decision by pretending the Packers couldn't move forward without knowing his status for the 2008 season a MONTH before the draft and 4 months before training camp and 5 months before kickoff, that's when Favre should have been selfish and told the Packers:

"I'm Brett Favre. I've played quarterback in Green Bay for 16 years. I don't miss games. I'll announce my 2008 plans when I'm good and ready. I'll be in Mississippi hunting and fishing. Don't call me. I'll call you."

But he didn't. He was overthrown in Green Bay because he tried to play nice, be honest and attempted to accomodate the very bosses who were planning his coup.

You've seen this on your job. It goes on in every workplace. New bosses come in and they look for their opportunity to diminish anything that happened before they arrived and champion their hires. Ted Thompson drafted Aaron Rodges in 2005, and a year later hired McCarthy to lead the Packers.

Thompson DESPERATELY wanted Rodgers to be the quarterback of the Packers. Thompson and McCarthy don't get credit for Brett Favre's success and as long as Favre was in Green Bay (see 13-3 record in 2007) Thompson and McCarthy could never be viewed the way Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli or Bill Walsh and Eddie Debartolo are.'

Bottom line, Thompson and McCarthy wanted Favre gone and had wanted him gone since their arrivals. Favre NOT acting like TO is what led us to where we are today, Favre in Purple.